Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redpatron

He's making the same mistake as Jose with personnel decisions. You can't reward players on past merits with automatic starting positions. Shake up the lineups and open up the competition, Bailly, Henderson VDB, and Greenwood should start next game. Sit Rashford, James, Lindelof, and Pogba.

Pennywise

An embarrassment of a line up. Enough players in that squad to give Palace a game and yet we couldn't. Shockingly bad again

Godfather

Ole's at the wheel guys. Can't wait for another hard fight for a top 4 place. Will be quite a bit harder than last season mind.

flappyjay

The board will get the majority of the blame today, but its really Ole. We could have Sancho on the right today and we'll still look clueless.
Very true this is on Ole. We shouldn't need to spend 120m to beat palace at home yet we got humiliated.

forevrared

At this point, we're going to have to accept that whoever is our manager will be hamstrung by incompetent club leadership. Switching out managers isn't going to fix the rot at United.

MrBest

Maguire 80m, AWB 50m, James 12m, Bruno 45m, DVB 35m which is 222m in 12 months. How much more does Ole need to spend to implement a style? With no money left for big signings, let's sign Poch. Yes I know he has not won any trophies, Spurs eneded in disaster but he plays football in a way I enjoy. Brighton away. Spurs at home, Newcastle away, chelsea home and arsenal at home are the next 5 games. I can only see us getting a result at Brighton and Newcastle right now. My prediction if the squad stays the same, 4 points from 24. We are a laughing stock with rival fans.

keithsingleton

My opinion will never change with Ole, just can't see him taking us to that next level even if we had 11 world class players on the pitch.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The performance and the way we look hasn't changed from the last 3 months of last season.
This is it as long as we stick with Ole.
One dimension. One tactic.
Were not finishing top 4.
Everton will finish above us

Falcow

It is. He's the manager. He put up a bad lineup and the team looked like unprepared. Dan James and Fosu Mensah should not have started either. Now you don't sack over the 1st game of the season. But you can't act like he's faultless. We need to start holding him accountable like any managers. If Mourinho was still the coach, he'd be getting slaughtered for this performance.
I honestly cant understand how he started TFM. He has to be one of the worst players I've ever seen play for us. Why was AWB on the bench? Either he is fit or he is not. Baily should have been centre back and lindelof right back(ok he turned out to be shit also) but still TFM gave palace hope.

Also I hope Pogba never plays for us again. Ever.

Mainoldo

Everton have flipping Carlo and we expect to go somewhere with Ole. Cut the rubbish!!

Infra-red

He's not, and never has been, a particularly good manager, but he has not been backed this summer. The coming season's inevitable failures are to be blamed primarily on the senior management at the club (Joel, Avi and Ed).

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
He needs to thank Bruno for us wasting next season
To be honest, yeah this will come across knee jerk, but I stick by what I said at the end of next season.

Getting that CL spot saved Ole his job, but this season is going to be a waste of a season with him in charge because he really doesn't have an idea.
He's had two great runs in between a lot of dross, but these runs come at just the right time to keep him in favour.
His first, when he took over, and his second when Bruno came in.

Before Bruno, Ole was on his last legs, miles off that 4th spot, and without a glimmer of hope. The Bruno effect wore off and nearing the end of the season we were back to that shakey Man United, ultimately scraping that 4th spot on the last day of the season.

People say points totals don't matter, and sure you cant judge a season off points alone, but we finished on the same points as we did the season before. The only progress is we looked better, but we only looked better when Bruno came in, before then, we were on course for the worst season since Fergie left.

So yeah, I think this will be another wasted season.
The only positive right now is, hopefully we get a reaction in the transfer market.
Liverpool have made moves, Chelsea have, Arsenal have and Tottenham have, yet we fumble every season

Wilt

The performance and the way we look hasn't changed from the last 3 months of last season.
This is it as long as we stick with Ole.
One dimension. One tactic.
Were not finishing top 4.
Everton will finish above us
Even worse ....Leeds

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's in his 3rd season, 2nd full season.

2.5 seasons in I'm expecting a much bigger push. He has talent available to him, and I'm sure we will get a right wing of sorts before the window closes.

After Oct 5th he will be under pressure. Can't get away with as many shit performances this season as he did last.

hobbers

OMG! Stop blaming Ole!!
Woodward and Glazers are to blame
They are all to blame.

Ole picked a shit line up with 3 known duds but even that should be strong enough to blow away this awful Palace side. He was absent tactically, and the boys could not have looked less motivated if they were actually trying.

Superunknown

Who would we replace him with? Would we back that manager? Would the coaching side of things be revamped and modernised? Who would our transfer targets be? What is the long-term plan?

Sacking Ole doesn't guarantee anything. It just means starting over again, again. And if that replacement doesn't work out, we'll have to start again after that.

I'm not totally convinced that we would make the right appointment after Ole if he were to go.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Last season first he didn’t have his best team available, then after lockdown we were in great form and played some good football, but then the games came so fast and we just had to win somehow to get top 4 with a paper thin (quality) squad. Then we didn’t have any preseason and the players are just not match fit. So over the last year due to the above he didn’t have that much time to work on improving our play as a team.
Still he should be doing better and the players as well. Most of the players didn’t look like footballers today.
I expect huge improvement over the next few games.

bonothom

No title challenge again then. The ambition of this club is top 4 and that's it. This is backed up by net spend when they've qualified for champions league against the seasons when they don't. They always spend less the summer after they've qualified for CL. That's been repeated again this summer. Ole has his hands tied and it's going to be another difficult season. I bet the fans are pleased they don't have to pay to watch that shit.

Woziak

I think the biggest problem is how we are building. To be a top 4 club or win titles? It feels like we are moving in the top 4 direction. This is not on Ole only, but on the board mainly.
We will see if we can get Sancho or not.
Great honest post however with teams like Leicester, Wolves, Arsenal and Everton all improving , I fear more like a top 6 team !!

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ladies and Gentlemen, it's been 1 game. Just calm down! Palace have played a few pre-season friendlies and competitive games.

My only Eric

He needs to quit this 4231 shit.

Everyone knows that if you mark bruno out of the game, united are clueless and toothless.

Sancho or not, we should be beating palace.

Seriously, quit this 4231.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We looked like a team that hasn't had a preseason. Very poor. Let's overreact and demand him sacked today though.

MDFC Manager

He's in his 3rd season, 2nd full season.

2.5 seasons in I'm expecting a much bigger push. He has talent available to him, and I'm sure we will get a right wing of sorts before the window closes.

After Oct 5th he will be under pressure. Can't get away with as many shit performances this season as he did last.
He's a lucky man. Leicester collapsing and Chelsea faltering really helped him out last season.

L1nk

The reality, if people actually bothered to look past the veil of Ole being an ex player and club legend, is that he has never been a good manager/coach. It's true he hasn't been backed properly this summer, and that's part of it, however we should not be getting turned over 3-1 by Crystal Palace at home, even our supposedly "world class" players looked absolutely clueless. I've said it before, i'll say it again, as much as I love the guy, backed or not, we will not win the league or anything truly significant with him as our manager, there are much much better alternatives out there.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
His sacking is inevitable. Better to do it sooner than lose another season. Because this time i doubt that we will have enough space to catch other rivals for top 4.

bleedred

I have been ole out since the palace game last year. I don't see him improving us irrespective of the signings we make.

Having said that, I would rather see a change above him as more important than sacking him.If we have a board who are interested in challenging, they would clearly see he isn't good enough.

We are not challenging with any manager with the current board. So I would camp out in the ed/glazer thread to get them out of the club before ole.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
People wanting Ole out don't get it. Moyes LVG n Jose failed too.

Wake up people. It's not all on the managers. Far from it actually. It's the nobheads running the club.

oreon

Last season first he didn’t have his best team available, then after lockdown we were in great form and played some good football, but then the games came so fast and we just had to win somehow to get top 4 with a paper thin (quality) squad. Then we didn’t have any preseason and the players are just not match fit. So over the last year due to the above he didn’t have that much time to work on improving our play as a team.
Still he should be doing better and the players as well. Most of the players didn’t look like footballers today.
I expect huge improvement over the next few games.
Apart from Pool and City, none of the other top 4 contenders had deep squads. Spurs lost Kane for a while. Leceister lost Madison. A thin squad and injuries are not isolated to Ole. He did well to finish 3rd which is where he should have if you compare all the squads.
And this season everyone is in the same boat with a shortened preseason.

We need to stop making excuses for Ole as a manager. He did well enough to earn another season. But now he needs to be held to same standard as Mourinho. He could have fielded a lineup today that would have beat Palace but he didn't. One of the reasons we lost today was because of poor management. Whenever we don't perform well, we go straight ahead and blame transfers and players. That is fair but the manager has to be held accountable as well. We didn't play Barcelona here, we played a less talented team and lost.

Reactions: Sultan

edgecutter

People wanting Ole out don't get it. Moyes LVG n Jose failed too.

Wake up people. It's not all on the managers. Far from it actually. It's the nobheads running the club.
All of those managers either weren't good enough or well passed their sell by date. Ole isn't good enough, I would rather he was coaching than managing.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I just don't care anymore.

We've got a board that don't want to invest unless they're forced to. We've got players on the books who are treating the place like a cushy pension plan and no one's making life difficult for them in case someone gets 'upset'. We've got big name players being shown up by Crystal Palace.

I'd dare say the only people who genuinely care are the coaching staff and the youth players and I'm not even sure they're collectively good enough to do anything about the situation.

Just fecking delete the club so I don't have to watch or care anymore please.
Sums up my feelings well.

peanuthead

I think I'm Ole out. After watching us play it's easy to see we're poorly coached, no style to the way we play at all just mostly aimlessly passing around the ball. Our buildup play is very slow, predictable and pragmatic which gives teams that sit deep time to set their defense. We need new signings sure but we should be beating Palace at home.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
All of those managers either weren't good enough or well passed their sell by date. Ole isn't good enough, I would rather he was coaching than managing.
So new manager and Woodward and Glazers get away with it again?

You're a sucker for punishment then. Klopp would struggle working with Woodward n Judge.

Club is dead. Back Ole and get these parasites out.

kitress

He's a terribly average manager. Top 4 is his ceiling. He coulda been here for another 10 years and would never win anything of importance. There's a reason why any player he's sent to sell his project they ended up signing for other clubs. When Haaland, a player he'd intimately coached, turned him down, that should be the alarm bell.

Never good enough for Manchester United. Nice guy but he's the Daniel James of managers.

Machine Elements

I’ve not changed my vote once since the thread was started.

We’ll never win anything under Ole unfortunately.
Same here. For me Ole was not good enough from the first day, he’s not good enough now and he won’t be good enough in the future to manage this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.