Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Embarrassing performance. It is not that we lost, but how badly we lost.

I have not seen Woodward that upset in awhile when the camera pan to him. He looked pissed and ready to make a big decision. Anyone have a gif of that moment?
What the feck is this? :lol:

b82REZ

So new manager and Woodward and Glazers get away with it again?

You're a sucker for punishment then. Klopp would struggle working with Woodward n Judge.

Club is dead. Back Ole and get these parasites out.
How do you propose we get rid of the owners?

If you think we all don't realise the damage they're doing to the club you're incredibly naive. How far did the green and gold campaign get? How do we protest when no fans can attend games?

Like it or not we're stuck with the Glazers until we aren't financially stable. While we continue to generate absurd amounts of sponsorship revenue they're not going to sell up. Also realistically there aren't many people, companies or states that could afford to buy us. Would you be happy spending Saudi blood money every year?

What the board will do is make sure their investment remains profitable. If Ole is not taking forward, they will sack him. If they don't as far as I'm concerned that proves that Ole is our manager to protect the board as a lot of fans won't turn on him.

Obviously he isn't getting sacked in the coming weeks, but if after the window closes and with or without investment he needs to start showing more on the pitch. We looked clueless again today, much like we have for a lot of his tenure.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Embarrassing performance. It is not that we lost, but how badly we lost.

I have not seen Woodward that upset in awhile when the camera pan to him. He looked pissed and ready to make a big decision. Anyone have a gif of that moment?
I used to like Poch. But I do hope that he never becomes our manager and that's how much I'm frustrated of your agenda posting.

Eddy_JukeZ

People wanting Ole out don't get it. Moyes LVG n Jose failed too.

Wake up people. It's not all on the managers. Far from it actually. It's the nobheads running the club.
Moyes, Van Gaal and Jose have certainly been amazing after United then.

Oh wait, they haven't.

Fracture90

He needs to quit this 4231 shit.

Everyone knows that if you mark bruno out of the game, united are clueless and toothless.

Sancho or not, we should be beating palace.

Seriously, quit this 4231.
4231 is a fkin bane of my existence. I loathe everything about that dogshiit formation.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I just don't care anymore.

We've got a board that don't want to invest unless they're forced to. We've got players on the books who are treating the place like a cushy pension plan and no one's making life difficult for them in case someone gets 'upset'. We've got big name players being shown up by Crystal Palace.

I'd dare say the only people who genuinely care are the coaching staff and the youth players and I'm not even sure they're collectively good enough to do anything about the situation.

Just fecking delete the club so I don't have to watch or care anymore please.
That's actually not true. Our board invests more than Liverpool(just quoting them for e.g) It's just that they have a competent manager. Spending and a quality manager has to go hand in hand. We will keep on spending on duds if we have an average manager who doesn't know what he is doing.

Or simply, just appoint a DoF.

MrSingh2002

Can't really say I knew what todays tactics were to get the win.

However I don't think I can blame Ole directly as that starting 11 only included 6 players that should be near our starting 11.

3 signings are needed immediately. Telles for Shaw, Sancho for James and a fast centre back to play instead of Lindelof.

If Ole can't force the board to make it happen then he can take some of the blame too for it not happening. We need people who can turn the screw.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

You're a sucker for punishment then. Klopp would struggle working with Woodward n Judge.

No he woudn't. We've spent loads since Fergie retired. Klopp would be able suceed at this club if he can suceed at Liverpool. Anyway that ship sailed.

RedBanker

I love you Ole

Back OGS all you want. The team is not going anywhere. Post SAF all the appointments have been wrong and OGS is right up there with Moyes in terms of tactical ineptitude and lack of managerial nous. LVG was a dinosaur and Mourinho is a has been. We have held all these managers accountable and OGS too has to be held accountable for these kind of shambolic performances. Whom do we need to beat Crystal effin Palace at our home ground? Messi and Ronaldo? Not every blame can be dumped on the board room. Especially performances on the pitch. The board does not decide tactics and strategies. It's the manager who is paid to do it.

hobbers

It should go without saying that when people say Ole is clearly not good enough it isn't advocating for a) immediately sacking him and b) not also sacking Woodward.

The world is in flux because of Corona. This would be a good time to flush out all the turds in the hierarchy and get people in who know how to run football clubs from the football side. And look at replacing Ole with an actual top manager, or up and coming manager, at the end of the season.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I have changed it out now. Even in our unbeaten run we were lucky in lot of games and had a purple patch and since Southampton game we have been woeful.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I have been ole out since the palace game last year. I don't see him improving us irrespective of the signings we make.

Having said that, I would rather see a change above him as more important than sacking him.If we have a board who are interested in challenging, they would clearly see he isn't good enough.

We are not challenging with any manager with the current board. So I would camp out in the ed/glazer thread to get them out of the club before ole.
I agree. We are now on our 4th manager in 7 years, in the middle of a supposed rebuild, one of the richest clubs in the world, just scraped Champions League, yet we cant afford reinforcements apparently

Im Ole In(stay?) but if i could make him a martyr to purge Woody and the fecking Glazers i would take it in a heartbeat.

crossy1686

career ending
That's actually not true. Our board invests more than Liverpool(just quoting them for e.g) It's just that they have a competent manager. Spending and a quality manager has to go hand in hand. We will keep on spending on duds if we have an average manager who doesn't know what he is doing.

Or simply, just appoint a DoF.
Ole wanted a RW, CB and a LB this window, so far all he's been given is VDB who is none of those. Our board invest but they do it on their terms, they might as well be picking the team as well if they carry on with this shit.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Moyes, Van Gaal and Jose have certainly been amazing after United then.

Oh wait, they haven't.
Put Poch in the hot seat and nothing will change.

Ed Woodward n Judge will mess it up. Glazers will take their share. We go nowhere and rinse and repeat.

Screw new manager talk. Protest the board and owners and get them to sell up.

lolok

The Glazers and Woodward are terrible.

But we don't need signings to not get outplayed by Palace.

This. There is plenty of talent in this team to comfortably beat Palace. I'm tired of everyone always blaming Ed for Ole's shortcomings. Ole deserves some criticism. Ole isn't getting it done vs the bottom half, and in particular the bottom 5 of the EPL. This isn't a lack of talent issue when you drop 13 points to the likes of West Ham, Villa, Watford and Bournemouth. It is a managing issue.

Ole NEEDS to be held accountable. Too many people are in denial and like to blame Ed as the reason for all of Ole's shortcomings. Look, Ed is terrible at his job and he needs to go, but there is still way too much talent on this team to be dropping so many points vs the bottom half of the table. And that is Ole's fault, not Ed's. Both need to go.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
If you are still blaming the manager. You simply have failed to understand what is actually wrong at United. Ed Woodward.

People love to swear its the Glazers. But let's be real. Gill and Fergie didn't have problems recruiting nor spending. This incompetent hack has been giveb twice the money they ever got and has never had a coherrent strategy on what to do with it. Never knowing when to spend it or not.

BlueHaze

People wanting Ole out don't get it. Moyes LVG n Jose failed too.

Wake up people. It's not all on the managers. Far from it actually. It's the nobheads running the club.
But you are completely wrong though my friend. 100% the owners hold a big blame but is it the glazers fault we got completely bossed by palace today? No, I thought not so please people stop absolving this inept manager from any sort of blame.

0-1 down and come out the second half playing the absolutely same disastrous way as the first half. He's tactically a novice and the only reason he managed to finish 3rd was due to the insane bottle job by Brendan Rogers.

I would keep Ole. Our problems are deep and pre-date his tenure. We need a board and chief exec who know what they are doing and can help him, but until then we shouldn't be hammering Ole. He is trying to get a tune from a dysfunctional club. Of course he must take part responsibility for results, but our issues are so much more fundamental.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Ole wanted a RW, CB and a LB this window, so far all he's been given is VDB who is none of those. Our board invest but they do it on their terms, they might as well be picking the team as well if they carry on with this shit.
He signed a defender for 80m last year. He is trying to get rid of Smalling who would have been a much better option in matches like this.

Yes, left back and right wing should have been signed by now. We still have time though.

Board is making mistakes but Ole is equally responsible for certain things

mu4c_20le

This. There is plenty of talent in this team to comfortably beat Palace. I'm tired of everyone always blaming Ed for Ole's shortcomings. Ole deserves some criticism.
Palace scored early and then sat back all day. We dominated the game but our players didn't perform, what else do you want him to do? Sub himself on?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
But you are completely wrong though my friend. 100% the owners hold a big blame but is it the glazers fault we got completely bossed by palace today? No, I thought not so please people stop absolving this inept manager from any sort of blame.

0-1 down and come out the second half playing the absolutely same disastrous way as the first half. He's tactically a novice and the only reason he managed to finish 3rd was due to the insane bottle job by Brendan Rogers.
No a lot of the reason is we've played 5 games less than Palace and it showed. They were far more fit and it showed.

The owners need flooring mate. Scum of the earth. And Woodward too.

Ole in all the way until they sell up. Don't care how low we sink. Absolutely fed up of this ownership model and their debt.

Ole in!!!

oreon

This. There is plenty of talent in this team to comfortably beat Palace. I'm tired of everyone always blaming Ed for Ole's shortcomings. Ole deserves some criticism. Ole isn't getting it done vs the bottom half, and in particular the bottom 5 of the EPL. This isn't a lack of talent issue when you drop 13 points to the likes of West Ham, Villa, Watford and Bournemouth. It is a managing issue.

Ole NEEDS to be held accountable. Too many people are in denial and like to blame Ed as the reason for all of Ole's shortcomings. Look, Ed is terrible at his job and he needs to go, but there is still way too much talent on this team to be dropping so many points vs the bottom half of the table. And that is Ole's fault, not Ed's. Both need to go.
Agreed. It's beyond ridiculous. Every time we lose to a far less talented team we start blaming lack of transfers. A manager's job is to get the best of what he has. If Ole is doing his job, then we should be beating the likes of Palace easily.
We don't have the squad to challenge but we have one that should make top 4 and beat Palace at home.

My only Eric

4231 is a fkin bane of my existence. I loathe everything about that dogshiit formation.
There really is nothing attacking in that formation. It really holds players back and limits fluidity.

It puts the creative ability of the team on one player and if that player has a bad game, the team gets hammered.

Godfather

This.

I'll probably quote this post for future shortcomings as well.

Blood Mage

The owners haven't backed him and he has been hung out to dry, no denying that. However, he's still not remotely good enough and that has been evident since he was handed a contract.

As long as Pochettino remains out of work I think the clock will start ticking for Solskjaer. A top quality manager is available to be snapped up for nothing.

rooney2009

I’ve not or never seen Ole change anything to say well done boss,He doesn’t try anymore different during games
So so slow to react...such an ordinary Manager
Although still blame Ed and the Idiotic Glazers

Kopral Jono

Good post.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Put Poch in the hot seat and nothing will change.
Ed Woodward n Judge will mess it up. Glazers will take their share. We go nowhere and rinse and repeat.
Screw new manager talk. Protest the board and owners and get them to sell up.
Am not trying to make excuses because no-one else cares about our problems .... but
- We had an extended season
- Only had 2 weeks rest
- idiocy and covid19 meant key players missed some training
- Only had 10 days 'pre season'
- board haven't provided enough reinforcements
- played against a team who'd had longer rest, already played a competitive game and were much fitter.

All of that colluded to a disaster performance. Team is much better than this, and we saw it with our own eyes just 8 weeks ago. I agree with you that the issue is not with OGS or the team. Really can't be bothered with this week to week knee jerking about the manager dependent on if he wins or loses. It's pathetic.

MoskvaRed

Palace scored early and then sat back all day. We dominated the game but our players didn't perform, what else do you want him to do? Sub himself on?
Dominated the game? You make it sound like a smash and grab. We could have conceded 5 today.

Gomes

Mourinho didn't deserve a new CB because he already got two, but you can't criticize Ole who got defender that cost more than the other two put together?

mu4c_20le

If you are still blaming the manager. You simply have failed to understand what is actually wrong at United. Ed Woodward.

People love to swear its the Glazers. But let's be real. Gill and Fergie didn't have problems recruiting nor spending. This incompetent hack has been giveb twice the money they ever got and has never had a coherrent strategy on what to do with it. Never knowing when to spend it or not.
Yep. Ole inherited Jose's mess but the mastermind has always been Ed.

BlueHaze

No a lot of the reason is we've played 5 games less than Palace and it showed. They were far more fit and it showed.

The owners need flooring mate. Scum of the earth. And Woodward too.

Ole in all the way until they sell up. Don't care how low we sink. Absolutely fed up of this ownership model and their debt.

Ole in!!!
I'm not disagreeing with anything you are saying about the owners we all want them gone but forget those morons for a second and just focus on the manager which is clearly not good enough and trust me the owners won't be gone for a good while so you best prepare for many more years under their disastrous leadership and that is exactly why we are in need of a tactically decent manager who can get the most out of this team because trust me a good manager can make a massive difference.

lewwoo

Keep him. This is 100% on the board this season. Refuse to sacrifice a legend like Ole and use him as a scapegoat. Dont get how some fans are so blind to where the real problems lie.

fastwalker

Let's be realistic, Ole is obviously not good enough. Two seasons ago we finished with 66 points. Last season we finished with 66 points. The only material difference between both seasons is that we finished in the top four in one season and out of the top four in the other. We have been seduced into believing that might actually mount a title challenge. How deluded can we as a fan base be.

The fact is that that Everton are getting their act together, Arsenal are getting their act together. If you ask me, I am not at all confident we will even finish in the top four.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Look, you'll see me criticising Ole in this thread last season and I agree we can improve on him easily.

HOWEVER, the fact he's here is because Ed Deadwoodward makes the football decisions and does not want to let go of part of the decision-making power related to football matters. Ole might not deserve the job but it's Woodward who gave it to him and made him permanent when he should have waited until the end of the season.

Without getting rid of Woodward, our mangerial appointments won't improve. They'll probably get worse.

Possession, yes but defo not the game. Palace had all the best chances and openings and could have scored more with better composure
Indeed, this is spot on. And then these same people claim a tactical masterclass when we beat the top teams on the break with hardly any possession.

SAFMUTD

To be honest, yeah this will come across knee jerk, but I stick by what I said at the end of next season.

Getting that CL spot saved Ole his job, but this season is going to be a waste of a season with him in charge because he really doesn't have an idea.
He's had two great runs in between a lot of dross, but these runs come at just the right time to keep him in favour.
His first, when he took over, and his second when Bruno came in.

Before Bruno, Ole was on his last legs, miles off that 4th spot, and without a glimmer of hope. The Bruno effect wore off and nearing the end of the season we were back to that shakey Man United, ultimately scraping that 4th spot on the last day of the season.

People say points totals don't matter, and sure you cant judge a season off points alone, but we finished on the same points as we did the season before. The only progress is we looked better, but we only looked better when Bruno came in, before then, we were on course for the worst season since Fergie left.

So yeah, I think this will be another wasted season.
The only positive right now is, hopefully we get a reaction in the transfer market.
Liverpool have made moves, Chelsea have, Arsenal have and Tottenham have, yet we fumble every season
Couldn't agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.