Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
Reactionary nature of your modern football fan.

These guys were seething Ole finished 3rd and were lying in wait for the next slip up.

Apparently sacking Ole is the key to success.

Agreed, 1 game in & the panic button has immediately taken a battering!!!

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
Early days, let's see how things go over the next few weeks. Calm down ladies ;)

Lee565

When are fans going to call out ole's lack of ambition in the full back positions, it's obvious he is choosing mensah over dalot because of his defensive capabilities and he signed a defensive fullback last season, played tuanzebe at left back against arsenal last season, it seems like he doesn't favour highly attacking fullback that every top team has in their side these days.

It's the same with the Klopp analogy. Klopp took Dortmund from 13th to winning league titles against Bayern which meant even when things weren't going perfectly there was faith he knew what he was doing. Ole's managerial history can't be compared to either. It seems we recognise that we need to give someone time to build a project but we've picked a complete unknown quantity to do it. Another stupid decision by the board.
Like Zidane at Real, Pirlo at Juventus, Lampard at Chelsea?

Who are these brilliant experienced managers who are able to oversee such a rebuild? We had someone with a decade of experience in the PL and two of the highest profile managers in the world. All of which failed.

Who out there is going to come in and immediately bring us success?

pseudo_canadian

There is no clear system of play in place. With the squad we have, a manager who knows what he’s doing would prepare and instruct the players appropriately and would beat that Palace side with ease.

I’m tired of hearing how this squad still needs major investment. It’s patently clear that there no cohesion and that the players look completely direction-less.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think ole deserves this season at least unless we are not where we should be in Jan. Talk of sacking because we lost the 1st game of the season is way over the top.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Any manager we'd sign would have to paper over the cracks. Can any manager turn us into title winners with the board we have?

Arteta has done well at Arsenal but he's going to hit a ceiling because the Arsenal board doesn't want to invest.

We could maybe get a better manager in terms of tactics and coaching but I doubt we'd get the 90 plus points that seems to be required to win the league. Moreover, all this changing manager wreaks havoc on trying to build a successful team.

Karlos PFC

Like Zidane at Real, Pirlo at Juventus, Lampard at Chelsea?

Who are these brilliant experienced managers who are able to oversee such a rebuild? We had someone with a decade of experience in the PL and two of the highest profile managers in the world. All of which failed.

Who out there is going to come in and immediately bring us success?
Just because LVG and Mourinho failed doesn't mean we should give the keys to an inefficient manager hoping that he will turn the club around.

If I was having a heart surgery and 2 well respected surgeons couldn't handle it, I wouldn't ask my medical student cousin to operate me,I'd search for another top professional.

Ancelotti has been in Everton for what 9-10 months and you can already see a coherent plan and with only 3 additions this looks like a new Everton team.

And don't start telling me that Everton has better players

Hansa

On the Bayern vs United fitness:

From post-covid startup, Bayern played 15 games in 98 days (May 17 to Aug 23), including some dead rubbers in the league. Man Utd played 14 games in 58 days (June 19 to Aug 16).

Even trying to compare the two situations is very, very dishonest.

Edit: August, not September as originally written.

Last edited:
Just because LVG and Mourinho failed doesn't mean we should give the keys to an inefficient manager hoping that he will turn the club around.

If I was having a heart surgery and 2 well respected surgeons couldn't handle it, I wouldn't ask my medical student cousin to operate me,I'd search for another top professional.

Ancelotti has been in Everton for what 9-10 months and you can already see a coherent plan and with only 3 additions this looks like a new Everton team.

And don't start telling me that Everton has better players
So you can name one manager?

red4ever 79

What pisses me off about Ole the most is he is one dimensional. He starts a match with the same formation. When we fall behind or are not on top of the game, he is not able to tactically change anything or influence the game. We are royally fecked this season unless we sign minimum 2 starters RW and CB. Ole will be gone end of the season if we finish 30points behind again.

Ole smiling again during the post match, blaming fitness. Those players yesterday didnt even give 100% effort which is the absolute minimum. We have players sat on their ass collecting fat salaries every month and we cant offload them because no one wants to pay their salaries, Jones, Rojo, Lingard, Perriera, Mata they are all done here. Look at the players that started, Mensah, McTom, James, jesus christ, average players, then you have the chuckle brothers at CB, woeful, Ole's grandchild on the LW giving his usual nothing performance and yet stays on the 90 mins.

DVB the only shining light, technically above everyone else, 1/2 touch better than everyone else. Let's home he doesnt fall to our standards.

Foxbatt

No one could win the PL with this lot. But many and almost all could beat Palace at home.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
What exactly is the point of sacking him if he's not gonna get the opportunity to bring the players he wants to the club?

If he had a Frank Lampardesque window sure but now?

Yes, the selection today was shit, but that is because the squad is fecking shit.

Blame the board, not Ole. We are stuck in an eternity loop until they decide to back the manager.
Do you really think if we had a Pep or a Klopp or a Conte we would of put in the same type of performance as we put in yesterday? For me it's a big no so maybe the board doesn't have all the blame. Getting the team to show some urgency would be a great place to start.

fps

The solution to all this is to sign Sancho. It changes the whole vibe of the club and players instantly.

RedorDead21

Do you really think if we had a Pep or a Klopp or a Conte we would of put in the same type of performance as we put in yesterday? For me it's a big no so maybe the board doesn't have all the blame. Getting the team to show some urgency would be a great place to start.
Our season finished about 3 weeks back...no one could get them up to speed quicker. Don’t expect us to be much sharper in our next game!

Shark

@NotShark
The signing of Fernandes pretty much saved him last season but now that honeymoon period seems to be long over, the wheels are coming off again. We've been pretty dam poor for a while now, did well for a few games after lockdown but that seems a distant memory now.

red4ever 79

The signing of Fernandes pretty much saved him last season but now that honeymoon period seems to be long over, the wheels are coming off again.
It's the in game management for me. He cant be blamed for lack of transfers, that's all on the owners, however he is unable to react during games and change the setup of the team. When we went 2-0 down yesterday we should have switched formation.

FujiVice

Just seen a headline where its like "tough questions for Woodward following United loss." Its the general theme at United, that Woodward is the boss, and its his fault (rightly so to be fair.) But has there ever been a manager at United so downplayed like Solskjaer? People just see him as some puppet put in there to do a job, not someone who will actually end up winning trophies. Its crazy that the press dont even feel Ole is as worthy of a slating as Woodward.

Jaxa

Fair enough if you don't think Ole is the answer in the long run to bring success back to this club but if you think he is the issue or sacking him would change our fortunes you're an idiot and very blind to the big issues we have,

There is not 1 coach on this planet you could bring in right that would make us title contenders again, even Klopp, the problem lies way beyond that, there is 1 man behind every single season of failure in the last 7 and that's Ed Woodward, followed by the Glazers, there is no plan or platform for a manager at this club to achieve titles and win competitions , even when a manager tries to create one he isn't backed by the people that matter so how on earth are they supposed to succeed ?

As agents and ex managers have came out and said, Manchester United is not ran by football people, they are ran by businessmen who cannot look past money and profit, it's as simple as that, and all the best/well run clubs have a very sweet mixture of both football people and people who know business, each responsible for there own part of the running of a football club, Ed Woodward is not a football person, as much as he thinks/wishes he is, and therefor as long as he is in charge of the football part we will never be successful

Paul_Scholes18

I think our squad is top 3-5. Our management is 10-20 in level.
Easiest thing to uppgrade is the management and coaching staff unless we spend big.
Ownership is non league level though so they are the biggest problem.

Lee565

Weren't Liverpool saying this not too long ago?
But they changed their owners and since then have either come extremely close or actually won the title on about 3 occasions now in the same period since fergie left. Even before that they had few spells of pushing us close to the title and reaching semi finals, finals of the european cup as well as winning it.

downunder red

I'm still an Ole fan because he has done a lot for the club since he's been here. One thing that does piss me off though is his lack of subbing players when it is needed. Yes he did change James at half time but he could of taken Pogba of too. He even mentioned that he was not totally fit during the week. The same could be said for Rashford as well. Bailly on for Lindelof is another. You could see he could not handle the pace of Saha so you make the change. People say are second eleven are shit but you still have to try something instead of just sitting there. Palaces first eleven are crap but that did not stop them from making changes with their even worse reserves. All other teams do it.
Using our bench would also get some game time into them and show them that you have some confidence in them, which a lot lack. Last year we were up two or three nil and he still took his time to make a sub missing out on some rest for the main eleven. Just like to see him not wait for the seventy or eightieth minute to make subs.
Anyway rant over. I still love Ole and I think he should be backed a lot better.

Robbie Boy

Years of gross mismanaged have gotten us to where we are today. The squad is pretty poor and is littered with over payed players not fit for purpose who are proving very difficult to shift. We have a good starting eleven but our depth is horribly bad. We have consistently hired the wrong managers and as a result of this, our style of play hasn't evolved in years.

Ole certainly isn't the man for the job but he done well to get us top four last season. We need a modern, progressive manager to come in and coach us back to being a top side. It's clear the Board aren't going to spend huge amounts so getting a top manager who's an excellent coach is absolutely paramount. We need a manager who'll come with a settled, tried and tested coaching team. It seems our squad, manager and coaching staff are all a total mismatch and remnants of former failed managers. The mismanagement of this club post-Fergie has been fecking shocking and it's so disheartening to think we were once such a force.

I haven't changed my vote yet to sack Ole but I really don't think he's a top coach whatsoever. Yesterday's defeat was just such a an absolute shambles and if we don't sign reinforcements, this could be a horrible season.

He'sRaldo

We've seen far too many shambolic displays under Ole for anyone to be saying "just one game".

Now any team is only as strong as it's weakest link. Besides he backups who aren't even that bad themselves, I'd say our weakest links are at CB and coaching. So upgrading those areas should be top priority if we ever want to progress.

Over the years we've had enough dinosaur coaches to recognize the fruits of their work on the pitch. Disjointedness, cluelessness, lack of ideas, and limp displays to name a few. I didn't think it would be so hard to see that we have another one right now, and if Ole doesn't upgrade something within then he'll have to go just as the others did. In fact the only reason Ole is given that opportunity to rectify his incompetence in the first place is because his name is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Nepotism I know, but that's the way the world works.

Kurton

We've seen far too many shambolic displays under Ole for anyone to be saying "just one game".

Now any team is only as strong as it's weakest link. Besides he backups who aren't even that bad themselves, I'd say our weakest links are at CB and coaching. So upgrading those areas should be top priority if we ever want to progress.

Over the years we've had enough dinosaur coaches to recognize the fruits of their work on the pitch. Disjointedness, cluelessness, lack of ideas, and limp displays to name a few. I didn't think it would be so hard to see that we have another one right now, and if Ole doesn't upgrade something within then he'll have to go just as the others did. In fact the only reason Ole is given that opportunity to rectify his incompetence in the first place is because his name is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Nepotism I know, but that's the way the world works.
Exactly this. We already have leeches sucking the club dry, we don't need nepotism to fasten our demise that Glazers and Woodward are seeing through.

hobbers

This is gonna be another one of those voided seasons where we go massively backwards on the pitch, in the table and hum and haw for months about what to do. Ultimately doing nothing about the clubs awful, inept personnel and structure in terms of football decision making.

Probably sack Ole at the end of the season, or close to the end, bring another manager in, spend some money again. Rinse and repeat.

The whole lot need to go, Ole included.

JB7

Personally I think it's crazy to suggest that it isn't at least somewhat down to the manager when you put in a shocking performance like yesterday, but each to their own.
Zero solutions then, as expected. Awesome poster.

yan man utd

Wow, Ole interview after the match. He say he knows how Palace going to play. He was "HOPING", he put in a team hoping to take something out of the game. I give him one month where we are 10-15 point behind the front runners lying 15-18 places in the table to hear what excuses does he have. He is way over his head in managing Utd. He start his managerial career with a bang because of the feel good factor, then the team start slipping away until Bruno comes. Another feel good factor got us over the line. Let's see if new signing can galvanise this team. Early signing of he knowing he is in over his head.
Unfortunately- you’re exactly right. He talked about Crystal Palace’s physicality - So start with AWB and/ or Smalling. Lindeloff epitomises his naivety. And this is all about talking about coaching - and yet the players - on the first day of the season showing zero improvement.

It’s awful to say but to see such an incredulous step back in one match after all the chat is inexcusable. ‘Feel good factor’ ??? Feel good factor and ‘positivity’ are to be shown on the pitch not words.

we have no idea what goes on In the managerial / coaching / dressing rooms but where it counts is on the pitch

we needed a good start.Even a draw would have sent alarm bells out let alone being beaten and outplayed.

what can we do? I feckin hope I am wrong ...

SwedishFish

Do you think a Pep or a Klopp or a Conte would have those players to work with?

Get real. I'm not saying Ole is a world-beater but if we blame the manager every single time that results don't go our way, then that's a bigger problem.

We need to support him, back him and stick by him. If he gets what he wants and can't produce then we can be critical.

How is this so hard for our fanbase to understand?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
City and Liverpool are nailed in top 4. Chelsea is too strong and look too good to miss it. Now for one spot we have us, Spurs who had pretty good window, Arsenal where Arteta is doing good job and who knows, maybe even Everton, Wolves and Leicester.
No way we will catch that 4th spot. So he will be sacked. Only question will it happen soon or at the end of the season.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Zero solutions then, as expected. Awesome poster.
If you or me had the solutions do you think we'd be posting on an internet forum? Don't be ridiculous.

I can't believe standards of our manager have fallen so low that a performance as awful as that yesterday against a clearly inferior Palace team can be excused. I mean if a team fighting relegation played like we did yesterday we'd probably all be calling them embarrassing and saying they deserved to go down. It is truly astonishing the excuses that keep getting made for Ole on here because of who he is.

I really hope you and others are right and that yesterday was just due to a lack of pre season or whatnot because God help us all if we have to sit through shit like that on a continual basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.