Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
For the record our last ten competitive games are as follows:

1 win, 1 loss this season. Let's consider that a push.

13 Jul 2020 Manchester United v Southampton D 2-2 Premier League
16 Jul 2020 Crystal Palace v Manchester United W 0-2 Premier League
19 Jul 2020 Manchester United v Chelsea L 1-3 FA Cup
22 Jul 2020 Manchester United v West Ham United D 1-1 Premier League
26 Jul 2020 Leicester City v Manchester United W 0-2 Premier League
05 Aug 2020 Manchester United v LASK Linz W 2-1 UEFA Europa League
10 Aug 2020 Manchester United v FC København W 1-0 UEFA Europa League
16 Aug 2020 Sevilla v Manchester United L 2-1 UEFA Europa League

nothing special at all.

As for the best team in the league comment, you're more deluded than i thought. We might have got the most points post lockdown but that's because the actual two best teams in the league( who just happen to be our biggest rivals), one had the league wrapped up and the other was focused on a different competition.

Fitchett

Interesting stat posted on BBC website, after tonight's match.

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has won 50 of his 92 games in charge of Manchester United across all competitions - only Ernest Mangnall (78 games) and Jose Mourinho (81 games) have reached 50 managerial wins in fewer matches for the Red Devils.

Matriac

Ha I'm already very familiar with that experience.
Never seen you post a single Ole positive post on here, please correct me if I'm wrong.
I just meant that the Ole-out posts normally outnumber the Ole-positive posts in here because I'm 30+ and I don't wanna lose more hair from reading the vitriol on here from the recently rarer losses, but after a win there's a LOT fewer posts in these types of threads, funny how it works.

After the CP game I didn't really check this forum until Monday, cause A. I was disappointed, and B. I had gotten notifications on like 4 Ole threads chock-full of posts suddenly. That had been mostly quiet since lockdown ended.

Crashoutcassius

The signing of Fernandes pretty much saved him last season but now that honeymoon period seems to be long over, the wheels are coming off again. We've been pretty dam poor for a while now, did well for a few games after lockdown but that seems a distant memory now.
We were top of the table for final 14 games of season
I voted to keep Ole but the back will always stop at a manager who has been in the job for as long as he has.
A season and a half haha

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I just looked at every manager in PL. I don't see any for who i would say that our failed Cardiff guy is better. One of the biggest clubs in the world having manager who would struggle to find a job in bigger leagues. And that guy is in charge of "rebuilding". Ridiculous stuff

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Interesting stat posted on BBC website, after tonight's match.

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has won 50 of his 92 games in charge of Manchester United across all competitions - only Ernest Mangnall (78 games) and Jose Mourinho (81 games) have reached 50 managerial wins in fewer matches for the Red Devils.
This stat is absolutely meaningless. We have to judge post fergie utd managers differently. Moyes winning percentage was .529, Ole's is .543. Make of that what you will.

klsv

The ongoing joke of every match being Ole's first test has somehow become a thing that people actually believe in. Ole could be here for 5 years and people would still point out that he's unexperienced having only managed Molde and getting Cardiff relegated.

Football has changed a lot. The massive amounts of money in football these days and the fan entitlement, in some cases, has made it very hard to give managers as much time as they got 10 or 20 years ago. This also means there are far less managers who are considered world class, they will hardly get a chance to become one. The winning percentage of each manager means nothing if you don't have titles to show. Same goes for players. If someone's 18 and doesn't look like Rooney, Ronaldo or Mbappe, he's already done as a footballer and those in their mid 20's are already too old to even think of playing. Not every footballer can be like that, though, and not every manager should be expected to turn things around immediately, or start winning titles from the go, either. Maybe this is why the fans have become so fickle. Changing managers after every season or two only works when you already have a very strong squad and a club that is run properly. We don't have neither. We've been trying to rebuild since Fergie left so every manager after Moyes has inherited an incomplete work of the previous manager with a different vision.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
We're still a terribly coached side that can only create chances based on player quality.

We play with no width, or structure and teams find it so easy to defend against. Just defend narrow and deep and were out of ideas.

Foxbatt

Everyone agrees that without new players we are not going to win any major trophies. But without any more new players we should be able to beat to beat lesser teams like Palace at home. We may beat Brighton away and I hope we do but even if we beat them do not think we have won any trophies. We do not play as a team even with Bruno and the rest of them in the side. Yes we beat a 2nd string Luton town and we only scored when we got on Bruno, Rashford and Greenwood and only at the end of the game. They are a chaut ffsmpionship side and we struggled to beat them. It took our keeper the best save of the match to keep them from leveling the scores.
We had no shape or good movement off the ball. Our corners were pathetic and has been pathetic for a very long time now. He doesn't have to behave like a raving lunatic on the touchline but for ffs show some emotions. Even LVG was more proactive than this. And he was an old man.

He'sRaldo

Never seen you post a single Ole positive post on here, please correct me if I'm wrong.
I just meant that the Ole-out posts normally outnumber the Ole-positive posts in here because I'm 30+ and I don't wanna lose more hair from reading the vitriol on here from the recently rarer losses, but after a win there's a LOT fewer posts in these types of threads, funny how it works.

After the CP game I didn't really check this forum until Monday, cause A. I was disappointed, and B. I had gotten notifications on like 4 Ole threads chock-full of posts suddenly. That had been mostly quiet since lockdown ended.
Usually I would post positive stuff in the normal Ole 19/20 thread. I only started posting here when I started having doubts, which was pretty much from the latter part of the season onward. And even then I'm not what you'd consider 'Ole out'.

But yeah I'd say I try not to see every critical post as negative, or praising post as positive. For instance, posters like @Bilbo usually post 'positive' posts and I still enjoy and agree with them, and there are posts which would be considered negative which I agree with as well. It works quite well to take away the 'me vs them' element of things.

But on the other hand I do understand when people say overly hyperbolic posts are negative, which is why I try to avoid those kinds of posts.

mu4c_20le

Don't know how we can play with width with players like Mata who has no legs anymore. It was like watching ten men at times.

MattofManchester

For people who dont support Ole, yeah, cos they are talking rubbish and never backed up with any evidence.
That's why there is something called "debate". Which is the point of these forums.
Unfortunately you lack the necessary "couth" to understand that, it seems.

But no worries, you do you. I would hate to be the person who feels even remotely threatened at anyone who would ever think to not have the same thought process they do.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That's why there is something called "debate". Which is the point of these forums.
Unfortunately you lack the necessary "couth" to understand that, it seems.
But no worries, you do you. I would hate to be the person who feels even remotely threatened at anyone who would ever think to not have the same thought process they do.
You think I'm threatened by you?
Also, it seems as though it's you who is taking all this very personally, and responding with personal insults.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's far, far from perfect, but I don't think sacking him is the answer. We played better once quality players came on which makes sense, and to be fair a lot of the players that we as being good have either been bought or improved by Ole. His subs drive me up the wall, but after getting third he deserves the chance to have a crack at it this season. I think we don't get more transfers he'll be gone sooner rather than later anyway, hes not good enough to make up the difference with the top teams based on what we have available. After the poor prep for the season I'm less Ole in than I was last season, lets wait and see what happens.

R'hllor

I see our position from last season is being used in the same manner as "2nd" with JM accolytes. Can we go back to supporting a club instead of hooking onto managers and split into camps while spouting drivels, to attack or defend (depends in which camp you). Can we just praise whats good and have a go at for wrong decisions.

Is this how its gonna be from now on in here, if Ole gets a sack and we hire Poch (for example), we will have to watch drivel between the likes of Amadeus vs those who are butthurt with Ole sacking, similar how JM followers were just w8ing in the shadows to jump on Ole on the first chance.

Obiorahking_

I think our players take too many unnecessary shots when cutting inside when there’s a better pass on. He’s gotta drill that into our players

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We're still a terribly coached side that can only create chances based on player quality.

We play with no width, or structure and teams find it so easy to defend against. Just defend narrow and deep and were out of ideas.
You have a point there. We need new players but we should also be doing much better with what we have.
He is also not very brave, lets see if he finally drops the out of form players

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
There is one thing which is barely talked about. Why we lack desire in many games and why we start those games slowly? Yes, i admit that we look sharp in big games. But every team looks sharp in that games. But in other games we look so casual. Even when we had that good run after restart, we started most of games slowly. I don't remember the game when we run at oppo from first minute and resolved game in first half. If we did, it was maybe only in few games. First 30 minutes of every game is us staying back or having the ball but without real pressure.
When you watch City, Liverpool and even other clubs when they play at home; they start games like hunting dogs. They push oppo in penalty box from minute one.

Look closely how our players behave in tunnel. Smiling and joking around. Yes, some of you will say it is stupid to talk about it but remember faces of Fergie's boys in tunnel? They were focused on game 100

Rajma

There is one thing which is barely talked about. Why we lack desire in many games and why we start those games slowly? Yes, i admit that we look sharp in big games. But every team looks sharp in that games. But in other games we look so casual. Even when we had that good run after restart, we started most of games slowly. I don't remember the game when we run at oppo from first minute and resolved game in first half. If we did, it was maybe only in few games. First 30 minutes of every game is us staying back or having the ball but without real pressure.
When you watch City, Liverpool and even other clubs when they play at home; they start games like hunting dogs. They push oppo in penalty box from minute one.

Look closely how our players behave in tunnel. Smiling and joking around. Yes, some of you will say it is stupid to talk about it but remember faces of Fergie's boys in tunnel? They were focused on game 100
Very good point, which I also brought up multiple times as it annoys the hell out of me. Even with crowds on we never leveraged the home advantage properly right from the get go under Ole (that extends to other managers too). Under SAF we often would try to blow teams away with aggressive and positive starts to the game at OT, especially in the big games. Now we allow opponents to find their game before we start playing ourselves, crazy. Klopp really figured it out ages ago with Liverpool that you need to get into opponents faces from the first minutes in home games to get the crowd going.

Fitchett

This stat is absolutely meaningless. We have to judge post fergie utd managers differently. Moyes winning percentage was .529, Ole's is .543. Make of that what you will.
No, it's not meaningless! If guys like you want Ole to be sacked, then you would have wanted our two greatest ever managers, Busby and Ferguson, to be sacked, for having worse records in achieving their first 50 wins. The manager isn't the problem, it's the Glazers, Woodward and Judge who are the problem.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
No, it's not meaningless! If guys like you want Ole to be sacked, then you would have wanted our two greatest ever managers, Busby and Ferguson, to be sacked, for having worse records in achieving their first 50 wins. The manager isn't the problem, it's the Glazers, Woodward and Judge who are the problem.
I can't stand that flawed argument floating around so many times. Context please. Neither Busby nor Fergie came into a club in such a dominant position. They made it what it is. There is absolutely no comparison between Ole and those two legends of the game. The only thing you can assume about people who don't rate Ole, is that they don't rate Ole. Nothing more.

Foxbatt

You can't compare Ole and SAF. One has broken a two club monopoly in scotland when Scottish football was something. He had then beaten Bayern and Real in the Cup Winners Cup. He didn't win the Scottish league just once but a few times. He was like Klopp before he came to Liverpool.
The Glazers are a problem for sticking with someone like Woodward. Woodward for being an imbecile and keeping someone like Judge and appointing managers like LVG and Jose and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
That said I always felt that LVG was the obvious choice after the disasters of Moyes. I still feel that we should have given him one more year at least.

Steve 007

The doom and gloom is shocking. Yes we were rubbish at palace but if you take 2020 as whole where would be in league? Ole isn’t Mourinho or Val Gal and thank god for that. How many times did you see ‘hope’ under those two. Since January our hopes under Ole have been raised, we needed a bit extra strength in depth and so far it hasn’t happened, let’s see on the 5th but If it doesn’t, I still back Ole to finish 3rd/4th. If we do get signings he wants I think we can challenge at least.

wolvored

I wonder why Pocc hasnt been snapped up by anyone this close season? I wonder if were 5th/6th/7th at xmas and several points off 4th whether Woody might pull the trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.