Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keithsingleton

Ive done so plenty of times in this thread before, you're welcome to go back and have a look. But the real ones are forward progress in the league and just about every other metric.
Ditto read past post. Listen, we all support the best team in the land, we all want them to do well but isn't happening. Fans get frustrated just like myself and like to take their frustration's on the forum rather than bottle them up where it does no one any good. Simple truth is I just can't see why many fans think he's the right man?

I don't see what they see. However, pleased god in 12 months time (( if he's still here )) I'm eating humble pie and telling you and many others how wrong I was. Nothing would give me more pleasure and say sorry Sam you were right..

Good luck. ;)

Flexdegea

I have a suspicion that people insisting on him are either fans from other clubs or on a massive WUM.
I'm neither and I think its bonkers wanting rid of him. Especially with the emotions running wild at the moment after a shaky start to season.

AC1689

Basically like right wing loons when they all joined new cesspits like Gab and Parler to enjoy a safe space echo chamber to spout hate and toxicity.
Nah more like you Ole In lot are like Trump supporters that can’t see the blindingly obvious atrocity in front of them because they are brainwashed cult-like numpties who love the guy no matter what he says or does.

Matriac

Nah more like you Ole In lot are like Trump supporters that can’t see the blindingly obvious atrocity in front of them because they are brainwashed cult-like numpties who love the guy no matter what he says or does.

Nah mate, to us Pro Ole people it's obviously you Ole outers who are the Trump-like supporters.

Withnail

Dunno who is claiming that, maybe overheated few on hate train but people who are expressing their issues with things that everyone can see, from performances, game managment, to squad related stuff, doubt anyone of them claiming that Ole gonna bury us under the ground.
Ah well yes there was one poster the other who made some comment about destroying the club the other day. Sammsky asked to prove it and don't think he got a response.

It was just one poster so he's clearly generalising and being a little disingenuous but you know how it goes.

crossy1686

career ending
I have a suspicion that people insisting on him are either fans from other clubs or on a massive WUM.
Not at all, it's the opposite actually. Anyone that can't see the players clearly lack match sharpness right now is on a windup and is pushing an agenda they've not been able to push while we were playing well and winning games.

Withnail

Nah mate, to us Pro Ole people it's obviously you Ole outers who are the Trump-like supporters.
Now this is just getting silly.

This type of nonsense just makes these threads polarised and toxic.

Let's not throw shit at each other.

Godfather

I'm neither and I think its bonkers wanting rid of him. Especially with the emotions running wild at the moment after a shaky start to season.
He was never good enough for this job and nothing that I have seen from this team suggests otherwise.

PoTMS

So is Chelsea getting battered to WBA 27 minutes in because Lampard is shit? And should he be sacked?
Typical. Lampard has been in the job for a lot less longer and until recently were under a transfer ban. If this continues, then yes, he will be sacked and quite rightly. One thing for sure, you won't have Chelsea fans pining over him all season and licking his ass, desperate for their club to continue being mediocre just so the fans can feel justified in their position of the faux modesty of "backing the manager".

crossy1686

career ending
Typical. Lampard has been in the job for a lot less longer and until recently were under a transfer ban. If this continues, then yes, he will be sacked and quite rightly. One thing for sure, you won't have Chelsea fans pining over him all season and licking his ass, desperate for their club to continue being mediocre just so the fans can feel justified in their position of the faux modesty of "backing the manager".
No he hasn't, he's been in about 4 months longer than Lampard with the same amount of transfer windows.

Lampard won't be sacked any time soon. They've just backed him massively because he has a vision, you don't hit eject because the team isn't match sharp yet. The knee-jerking is absolutely unreal.

No it's fault of kepa, lampard cannot be blamed.
Surely if Lampard coached the defence better Kepa wouldn't have much to do?

Possibly, why not? What does it have to do with Ole?
Just trying to highlight the flip flopping people do on here to support other teams in similar situations and yet hammer Ole for it.

Withnail

No he hasn't, he's been in about 4 months longer than Lampard with the same amount of transfer windows.

Lampard won't be sacked any time soon. They've just backed him massively because he has a vision, you don't hit eject because the team isn't match sharp yet. The knee-jerking is absolutely unreal.

Surely if Lampard coached the defence better Kepa wouldn't have much to do?

Just trying to highlight the flip flopping people do on here to support other teams in similar situations and yet hammer Ole for it.
Besides Willy's in goal. Kepa was dropped. Chelsea just can't defend.

crossy1686

career ending
Nagelsmann for example is twice the manager. I'd take him in a heartbeat.
:lol: :lol: Here we go, the same names of managers who haven't won anything but have the absolute backing of their club.

There was a time when people wanted Marco Rose, Marco Silva or Jardim as the next United manager. It's far more likely these mangers get lucky than it is that they're elite.

Giggzy P

I Would like to know what exactly we do well Under Ole? And this I mean on the Pitch. Are we Good at the press? good in possession? can we play from the back well? Are we quick in our play? What exactly is united good at under Ole, after 18+ months in charge.

saivet

So is Chelsea getting battered to WBA 27 minutes in because Lampard is shit? And should he be sacked?
Partially, given decisions made in the past, right now is not the time to sack Ole or Lampard but I think both will inevitably end up being sacked. Two extremely risky and ultimately poor appointments.

Godfather

:lol: :lol: Here we go, the same names of managers who haven't won anything but have the absolute backing of their club.
And guess why you genius. I'm sure you watch a lot of German football though so you know much about Leipzig. They play twice the football we do with a squad that cost a tenth of ours.

MoskvaRed

There have always been contrarians on here, even when Moyes was dragging the reigning champions to new humiliations every week. With Ole, it is less black and white of course - he did achieve his target last season, some players have improved and, obviously, he gets the club and is 100% a United man.

The real question is though, rather than discussing a sacking which won’t happen any time soon, whether you believe he is ultimately good enough to achieve the maximum with resources available to him at United, hamstrung as they may be under Woodward and the Glazers. Given his unremarakable (so please no Fergie, Klopp comments) and lengthy (so no Pep, Zidane or even Lampard comments) career prior to taking over at United, he started with a lot to prove and certain preconceptions to overcome. Since then, we have seen:

- wild variations in form, with title winning streaks followed by near relegation form

- a large transfer outlay with results that,
up till now, are mixed at best (this could be a scouting/ Judge problem but Ole’s advocates have always been banging the drum about our transfer acumen under his watch)

- a style of play that seems unstructured and reliant on individual brilliance, (at least until, like today, we can somehow take the lead and then play purely on the counter)

All in all, I don’t see a compelling case for believing Ole is the best we can do. If we can’t hope to change the owners, we can at least try to get the best available manager to get the most out of the players and transfer funds available within the Glazer ceiling.

For me, that is all the “Ole out/Ole in” stuff boils down to. Do you have genuine belief that you have the best man in charge who is reasonably available?

Ole90+3

We just aren't coached well and either way you look at it, all is pointing to the manager. We look disjointed in every part of the team. Movement is poor, players running into each other's space, moving the ball at the snail's pace... those are all signs of a team that hasn't been drilled well enough by the manager and the coaching staff.

We got outclassed by CP and BHA, and to make things worse they looked far better coached than us. I understand that we need improvement in some areas but let us not pretend like this group of players is an absolute dross that is incapable of playing better than we are playing under Ole.

Our inability to create anything from a positional play is another sign of a poor coaching job, the only way we can create something is on the quick counter or from set pieces/penalities.
Well said, echoing my thoughts exactly.

crossy1686

career ending
Partially, given decisions made in the past, right now is not the time to sack Ole or Lampard but I think both will inevitably end up being sacked. Two extremely risky and ultimately poor appointments.
Technically, all managerial appointments end in failure, and they will both get sacked at some point, I agree, but it won't be this season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
OleIN folk offer the manager patience, support and encouragement and are delighted when the team wins.
OleOUT spout venom, insults and create toxicity and are unable to celebrate even when the team wins.

Wonder which group Trump voters look like :confused:

hobbers

You realise if Chelsea finish outside the top four this season Lampard will definitely, 100% nailed on be sacked right?

Don't know if Abramovich would sack him before then if things go really dire, but he probably would.

crossy1686

career ending
And guess why you genius. I'm sure you watch a lot of German football though so you know much about Leipzig. They play twice the football we do with a squad that cost a tenth of ours.
I don't need to watch German football to know that Leipzig have recruited better than we have in recent years, hence the reason they have the players to play the football they play. What happens when the new manager comes in and tries to play that brand of football with players that can't do it? Sack him or replace half the squad? Guess which one's cheaper?

Just have a quick glance over at Sarri's time at Chelsea or LVG's time at United if you want to know how it ends.

Withnail

This is all true but like us, I think Chelsea will be fine by about 10 games in. They've signed a lot of players and are quite disjointed. Things take time to work.
I think they'll be better once the new players bed in obviously but I don't necessarily see them getting any better at defending.

Lampard's Derby had the same susceptibility to the counter. It remains to be seen if he can sort it out.

VP

What do some of you lot think the role of the manager at a football club is? Shouldn't the first priority be coaching?

Ole out is a reasonable stand to take; not sure if I'm there yet but can see why others are.

crossy1686

career ending
I think they'll be better once the new players bed in obviously but I don't necessarily see them getting any better at defending.

Lampard's Derby had the same susceptibility to the counter. It remains to be seen if he can sort it out.
Definitely true.

There's a lack of decent CB's in the world right now, they're all makeshift DM's who don't enjoy defending or winning 1v1's. Just look at Bayern spending silly money on Theo Hernandez last year, that say's it all.

dev1l

What do some of you lot think the role of the manager at a football club is? Shouldn't the first priority be coaching?

Ole out is a reasonable stand to take; not sure if I'm there yet but can see why others are.
We re still behind in fitness,once we pick up performances will.improve.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
There are pretty big warning signs implicating he can't solve their defensive issues to save his life.
WBA went into this game with two losses and 2-8 GD (one of the reasons I won't celebrate prematurely)

He shouldn't be sacked right now, but if he continues with this kind of performances he will get questioned pretty soon, and ultimately sacked (missing on top 4 or even before if things go to shit).

crossy1686

career ending
Actually no, the clue to the job role is in the title. Coaches coach, managers manage. Ferguson himself said that he took a step back from coaching the team after he hired new coaching staff and they tried to quit after 2 weeks, quoted as saying "I don't know why you hired me, you're doing all the coaching, I'm not needed".

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Sack Lampard. He's shit. No patterns of play. No evidence of coaching. Not even a PE teacher.

Am I in the right place? :nervous:

Kurton

OleIN folk offer the manager patience, support and encouragement and are delighted when the team wins.
OleOUT spout venom, insults and create toxicity and are unable to celebrate even when the team wins.

Wonder which group Trump voters look like :confused:
Or perhaps Ole in people are just stubborn, with their head in sand and not willing to see that it's been crap most of the times. I bet you did not had the same level of support spreading your "positivity" during LVG and Jose's times when there was mix of shit and good performances. You are just a hypocrite who's just making an exception for Ole bcos he happens to be club legend. And people questioning Ole's performances are all not Ole out either.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Or perhaps Ole in people are just stubborn, with their head in sand and not willing to see that it's been crap most of the times. I bet you did not had the same level of support spreading your "positivity" during LVG and Jose's times when there was mix of shit and good performances. You are just a hypocrite who's just making an exception for Ole bcos he happens to be club legend. And people questioning Ole's performances are all not Ole out either.
Check my posts on Mourinho ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.