Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough.

I agree that he'd earned the right with his stint as caretaker and supported the decision to give him the job full time, and I've been flip-flopping like hell on my opinion on Ole up until now. I just think I've seen enough already as to what he can do as a manager, and beyond "buy better players and hope they've enough quality to do something good on the day" it's not very much in my opinion. I just think that there are many options who can do that and do more with this squad at their disposal than scraping wins against bottom-half sides.
I think he’s done everything expected of him thus far. Now he needs to kick on. I think he can do that, but there’s no point in making judgements at this stage of the season (good or bad).

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So it seems like despite having a poor quality 2nd team which is still unfit, Ole was able to pick a team away from home that easily despatched Brighton.

brilliant management. Well done Ole

Yup seems fair.

I saw you mentioned 'blind hatred' earlier. Thing is, there's blind support of him too. The truth is somewhere in the middle of both extreme camps. He's done some good things here, but he also has obvious shortcomings and he needs to improve as a manager.

I was impressed how he pulled us back last season after a few really poor months, so that at least shows he has it in him to recognise problems and try to rectify them.
Agreed. And of course posts on a forum can lose their nuance, or can be taken as black and white. Like you say, the reality is somewhere in the middle.

I think we have a good foundation. We haven’t had the ins and outs that we probably needed, but this is his team now, and this season is where we really judge him.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
So it seems like despite having a poor quality 2nd team which is still unfit, Ole was able to pick a team away from home that easily despatched Brighton.

brilliant management. Well done Ole
Brighton are far better coached though. Did you notice all their patterns of play tonight?

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I haven't enjoyed watching us play yet this season. Seeing Brighton, Hove and freaking Albion pin us in our own half is depressing. Yeah, we won, through individual skill. I wish we could press and pass like Brighton Hove and Albacore.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Brighton are far better coached though. Did you notice all their patterns of play tonight?
I'm jealous, very impressive I thought. I would love to see what our players could do with that system. Though we might need a few more runners, i.e. players that like to run.

Anustart89

I think he’s done everything expected of him thus far. Now he needs to kick on. I think he can do that, but there’s no point in making judgements at this stage of the season (good or bad).
Fair enough.

I think that where our opinions differ is that I think that we should've seen an obvious Ole effect on our play or fitness (which he publicly identified as an issue very early on) after a year and a half* I think it's more than unlikely to see him suddenly kick on as a manager this season, but we'll see. It'll be a tough season for many reasons, and I think that the squad's fitness issues (for lack of quality sub options more than lack of a pre-season) will be his undoing and that looking back on it, he should probably have gone for more players to fill out the squad rather than going for the most expensive player in every position.

* Or rather, I think this is as good as it gets with him in terms of coaching and player development, so what we're currently seeing is the "Ole effect". I don't think that he's been half-arsing his training sessions and now suddenly goes "alright, now it's time for the patterns to be introduced".

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Personally I would prefer that our manager does so well that we win a trophy - rather than wanting him fired.
I would prefer that James becomes our Sancho so that we don't need to spend 120mil but that will not happen, isn't it?

Flexdegea

Individual brilliance 3 - 0 Brighton

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very tiresome some people at the moment when it comes to Ole.

You think the team was in a serious rut, with no light at the end of the season only a handful of games into the season after finishing very strong end of last season

Heard someone earlier saying earlier we arent getting deals done because the players dont want to play for Ole. Imagine coming to that conclusion with everything that's going on, and The fact Ole spoke direct to de beek and he made the decision to sign. Absolutely bonkers season for some people.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You’ll be a Liverpool supporter by the time that happens, so you probably wouldn’t care anymore.
Wow, so original. Yes, me and all others who are Ole out will support Juve or Liverpool (must think about it, maybe PSG even. They are best bet for titles). But if he gets fired and go back in Norway, you will support his new club?

Zen86

Wow, so original. Yes, me and all others who are Ole out will support Juve or Liverpool (must think about it, maybe PSG even. They are best bet for titles). But if he gets fired and go back in Norway, you will support his new club?
No, I actually want United to win.

JB7

And i don't? I just hate Ole for some reason so it is only about him?
You hate one of the most likeable club legends in Manchester United’s history who is currently managing the club & doing his upmost to improve us season on season. What a top fecking supporter you are.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Can’t believe some fans on here are using this victory over our b team over Brighton B team as some type of progress. Has Ole really lower our standards so much? Our most expensive player on the pitch probably cost more than Brighton full 11 today. Nevertheless, it good to see that we aren’t completely shite at football to loose to Brighton B side. Now hopefully, we can do much better in the games that matter and not rely so much on luck and set piece. Despite Spurs schedule congestion, they will still be a tough match. Hopefully, it won’t be another step backwards after Sunday.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You hate one of the most likeable club legends in Manchester United’s history who is currently managing the club & doing his upmost to improve us season on season. What a top fecking supporter you are.
Where did i say that i hate him? :houllier:

mu4c_20le

Considering how most people said how our second team was barely championship quality, he did fairly well with what he had.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I pity you.

as It seems you find it so difficult to get any joy whatsoever from the club you support. While everyone else is having a ball with Ole at the wheel.

Cheer up: we will lose a game soon enough and you’ll be able to moan to your hearts content.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I literally quoted you saying “I just hate Ole”.
It was my question to other poster. Yes, i want him sacked but because i think he is not good enough for United. He makes it like i want him sacked because i hate Ole.
On other thread i put him on my greatest United legends list ffs.

edcunited1878

Can’t believe some fans on here are using this victory over our b team over Brighton B team as some type of progress. Has Ole really lower our standards so much? Our most expensive player on the pitch probably cost more than Brighton full 11 today. Nevertheless, it good to see that we aren’t completely shite at football to loose to Brighton B side. Now hopefully, we can do much better in the games that matter and not rely so much on luck and set piece. Despite Spurs schedule congestion, they will still be a tough match. Hopefully, it won’t be another step backwards after Sunday.
Any win is a good win, there's nothing wrong with that and winning/getting the results is what matters, especially this early in the season. Every loss is magnified as the end of the world and the sacking of Ole, it's called overreaction.

Luck is a significant part of football...the ball is round, as are the balls that draw your next opponent in cup competitions. When the ball is round, shit will happen. It'll go against you or for you, just part of the game. Deflections, hitting the woodwork, etc.

Playing against Spurs, United cannot beat themselves and make mistakes that allow Spurs to punish them. Another quarter an hour for Pogba and Rashford did them well. More match fitness for all the players. Good to see Maguire kept out today to rest/recovery.

Foxbatt

We were terrible in the first half and as always it is the individual brilliance that came through. When you put a bunch of brilliant individual players together eventually they could pull something together. I think Ole does not coach the team and it is left to McKenna and Carrick. That is why we always seem to play the same way. Surely Ole can see that there is no movement off the ball and our shape most of the time is not right. Just because they are not regulars does not mean that they cannot play in a certain way? They may not have the talent to play as individually brilliant but in any set pattern they should be able to play.
Our movement off the ball was terrible most of the time.
I felt sorry for James today. Every time he tried to make a pass to Brandon, Brandon goes into a position that he cannot make a pass as he is blocked by a Brighton player and when James passes into open space commentators and everyone thinks James has made a terrible pass. Yes he was bad tonight but was made to look worse by Brandon

Untd55

We beat a second-string Brighton side, well done. Nothing to go crazy about. We weren't even that impressive.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Yep was downhill ever since and has never been changed back.
Except we went on the best run ever to get third on league battering teams by four goal margins for fun.

but yeah slalom downhill run. Right you are.

Mainoldo

Except we went on the best run ever to get third on league battering teams by four goal margins for fun.

but yeah slalom downhill run. Right you are.
Gassing up air you are. I hope you had the same smoke when Jose was getting us second.

Status
Not open for further replies.