Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dev1l

When was the last time a relegation candidate in Brighton scored 2 and hit the bar 4-5 times in a single game under Fergie? We have been outplayed completely in three out of three games into the season so far and are -6 in GD. When was the last time under Fergie we lost our two opening games at home with 2-9 GD?
Do some research mate. It will do you a world of good.
As a side-note if I m not wrong, we also lost 3-0 to Everton on the first day of that season.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I wouldnt sack him. People need to use their brain. You think the next manager will be backed? Ole is hamstrung by leeches and people who should not be at the club
Might have to sack him just to stop things getting worse. But Poch (who was my choice) can't fix this mess.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
They've been mostly fine or good. It's our old players that are shit and dragging us down, Luke Shaw came out the other week and begged to be replaced by another LB, that's how fecking bad things have gotten.
:lol: :lol:

That would never have happened under Ferguson. Personally i think the players are not disciplined enough. Too much player power. Even today when we were 2-1 down Maguire was going forward and i said that will only lead to a spurs counter attack, which son messed up. Surely Ole had told the players this but they did not listen to him.

When we were 2-1 down, I was saying just keep it tight and try to equalize before half time. Then go from there.

Ole got out Mourinohed today.

Infra-red

Changing managers all the time doesn't fix the fundamental problem of the boardroom. Every manager is hung out to dry in the transfer window; this time it's been the Sancho shambles. We have a structural problem right at the top; they are killing the club, and re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic won't create ling term change.
I don't disagree re the boardroom - we have made some poor appointments, though.

Moyes and Solskjaer were both out of their depth and never up to the job, while Mourinho and Van Gaal were both past it.

It would be great to actually appoint someone competent, put a proper player recruitment structure in place and give them all a bit of time to have a run at it. Fairly simple to say, but seemingly impossible to actually do.

Greck

He was given 200 million to spend on players last year, and most of them are awful.
I don't know how anyone can talk about backing on the day Ole's record signing was a flop. The moneymen can look at Maguire and say that's what backing him gets us

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
How does that help? Let the rot set in and hope Poch or someone else can come in and go and a bit of a run?

Ole has been here for 1 and a half years and we still look useless all over the pitch. For all the praise his signings get, they've all regressed under his stewardship. DvB can't even get in over Pogba ffs.

Giving him a player or two tomorrow might boost morale for a few weeks, but once that wears off we'll be right back here.

Lockdown saved him last season, he won't have a mid season break to regroup this year.
Sacking someone three games in is still knee jerk. Look, i am fecking disgusted by todays game and it has ruined my evening completely, but at the end of the day the only difference between losing by 5 goals and losing by one goal is a worse GD and hurt pride.

Also, this rot you mentioned has been here much longer than Ole and sacking him wont really help unless you get to the root cause of it.

Why do we look like we dont even give a shit?

Offsideagain

If they sack Ole, who the f*** would want to come to this crap show with Woodard only concerned with making money for the grabbing Glazer family. The board have not backed the manager,again. It’s they who should go.

NJM78

Been Ole out since the beginning, poor results, good results, just don't think he is good enough.

Bruno basically got us 3rd and I was pleased he got the player of the season. Don't think Ole did anything different to what he was doing when we were shit up until January.

Worse things at the club though than our manager.

hobbers

What exactly is the point you are trying to make? That we should have someone like Jose at United? Errr, we tried that at and he failed. Maybe the issue is beyond the manager and there is only one think I can think of - its the mentality and culture that is so rotten that needs to be weeded out slowly but surely.
Wasn't that what Ole was supposed to be doing so well at? The culture, mentality and recruitment are all just as shite as under Mourinho. Ole has achieved nothing in any of those areas.

Yeh the board are a bunch of cretins but we can't do anything about that until the Glazers decide to sell.

I don't think you'll find a single person who wants Ole out who doesn't also want Woodward, Judge and the Glazers out on their arses as well.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I was prepared to give him more time after last season. Something doesn't seem right with how we have started this season. We are looking at another top 4 finish as the best case scenario, especially since we haven't improved the team in the transfer window.

Maybe we should roll the dice with Pochettino, but I'm not convinced he would be a success either. The club is being horribly run at the moment.
I think certain players have to go. Pogba especially. Too much player power in the club.

Idxomer

As I said in the match day thread:

If Solskjaer or the coaching staff are coaching Maguire to head the ball up in the air in his own box, Shaw to drift inside with his man and not pick up wingers, Maguire to not block quick free kicks, Pogba to go to ground in his own box, Martial to punch people and Bailly to pass the ball directly to an opposition player on the edge of his own box then absolutely sack the lot of them because that is disgraceful behaviour.
Isn't that the purpose of man-management?

If he doesn't coach and can't stop the complacency then what's exactly his job?

Reddevildans

My worry has been the erratic swings in confidence the team has. When we are good we are gold. When we are poor we seem to down tools easily. This surely is a mentality thing more than anything and the blame has to lie with the manager. There also seems to be a lack of coaching.

I don't disagree re the boardroom - we have made some poor appointments, though.

Moyes and Solskjaer were both out of their depth and never up to the job, while Mourinho and Van Gaal were both past it.

It would be great to actually appoint someone competent, put a proper player recruitment structure in place and give them all a bit of time to have a run at it. Fairly simple to say, but seemingly impossible to actually do.
We mustn't underestimate how much change the club needs to escape this malaise:

New owners
A new board and chief executive
A director of football
An investigation into the scouting at the club
A world class manager
A massive squad overhaul

That's what a club like Manchester United should have.

It's a failure from top to bottom.

hobbers

Did we not get tonked 6-1 by city not so long ago?
That was a very different game though, as Evra said.

We lost Evans after 10 minutes and the players lost their heads trying to attack.

Today we should have been 4-1 down even before the red card. Then we properly shut up shop with 2 half time defensive subs and still go on to concede more.

el3mel

If they sack Ole, who the f*** would want to come to this crap show with Woodard only concerned with making money for the grabbing Glazer family. The board have not backed the manager,again. It’s they who should go.
Enough of this not backing shite. People were excusing the board for not buying players in 2018 market because Mourinho's transfers sucked. Ole has costed the club 80m on a clown of a defender that we'll never be able to get rid of and 50m on a fullback who can't attack. They also brought him Bruno who saved our arse last season. He was backed as good as LVG and Mourinho.

crossy1686

career ending
Isn't that the purpose of man-management?

If he doesn't coach and can't stop the complacency then what's exactly his job?
Complacency is leaving the oven on, fecking stupidity or a mistake is sticking a knife inside a toaster. You can remind people time and time again not to do stuff but it doesn't mean they won't do it.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I wouldnt sack him. People need to use their brain. You think the next manager will be backed? Ole is hamstrung by leeches and people who should not be at the club
I agree with that, but Ole has to take some responsibility - he generally sticks with players who are out of form, whatever. Pogba should have come off today - he was a liability. And not for the first time. Matic has had some good games recently, but was pretty awful today. Both these players stayed on the pitch. DVB should have come on for one of them, not for a goalscorer. And I don't for a minute say Mata would have made a difference - but surely you use your in form players??

Xaviboy

Utd Next 5 games.
Newcastle
PSG
Chelsea
Leipzig
Arsenal

Will he be sacked if we dont win any of them.

el3mel

That was a very different game though, as Evra said.

We lost Evans after 10 minutes and the players lost their heads trying to attack.

Today we should have been 4-1 down even before the red card. Then we properly shut up shop with 2 half time defensive subs and still go on to concede more.
And it was City, not Tottenham. Man City who had much better squad and won the league this year.

This one is a much bigger disaster.

KristianMackle

That Bruno Matic and Pogba is not properly balanced. Get Van De Beek in there, at least he's got the legs to press. Matic and Pogba in the same midfield is just asking for trouble.

Idxomer

The SAF lost games crew is coming out.

Again it's more than one game, and stop the false equivalencies with stuff under SAF it'll always make Ole look much worse.

SAFMUTD

Love Ole but listening to him just now on Sky, he hasn't got a clue. Bad times ahead if he doesn't get his act together. It's a scary prospect but if we lose to Newcastle and Chelsea we'll be sucked into a bottom half scrap instead of fighting for top 4.
Did he say the famous "its not good enough" phrase?

Nikelesh Reddy

Obviously it would be ridiculous to sack him based on 1 defeat,but if we don’t see tangible,discernible,substantial progress within the next few months,then I think he should be sacked.I have always had reservations about his suitability for the job,although I didn’t want him to be sacked halfway through last season.,.,..I thought our performances in the second half of last season warranted giving Ole another season at the helm...But if things don’t turn around quickly,then I would want us to act decisively and make a change.....

NJM78

With those performances? Absolutely. He has lost it
Yep, we lost all our semi finals also, tactically naive and one dimensional. He is not good enough and finishing third with points closer to relegation than the league winners is seen as a positive!? When Jose got second and 14 points more than Ole it was seen as nothing as we were miles behind City. The bias is strong with this one.

Plus Bruno was the difference between 3rd and 6th not Ole.

matys

He's safe for now, unfortunately. I think he's at least another two drubbing away from getting the boot. Plenty of chances for this in the upcoming fixtures.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he should probably go, but I also think whoever we get next will meet a similar fate.
I don’t know where we go from here, it all feels hopeless.

Smores

It would be unreasonable to sack him prior to 10 league games in even if we know which way it's going. If you put a club legend in charge you can't sack prior to it being absolutely necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.