Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt10000

it would be better to judge ole(or any future manager)in half season blocks rather than wanting him sacked or backed every month or so depending on 2-4 results.
Haha so true, in fact it is worse than that, some people change their mind every 45 minutes.

90 + 5min

I would like to go back to something I posted few weeks ago. Pre-season! Or lack of it made us look worse then we are. Yesterday we were dominant in every way and deserved win. We were fit and energy was there. If our players get more confidence, wich they should, we will have a beautifle season to look forward to.
I predicted that it would take 3-4 weeks to get going because of games in August. That includes ManCity and Wolves aswell.

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I love how relentless @sammsky1 is. :lol:

But I agree that for now Ole shouldn't be sacked. Let's see how the season goes.

lysglimt

Scout
Agree with this. Still think he'll go as soon as we start drifting away from the CL spots.

Everton's start has made things much more complicated. It's going to be a major fight to get top 4 this year and maybe we need a more experienced man to get us there.
Everton has a really strong first 11 - but for every player you remove from that side, the quality drops quickly. On the bench yesterday they had Robin Olsen, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Alex Iwobi, Fabian Delph, Ben Godfrey, Tom Davies and Bernard.

Now Richarlison will be suspended 3 matches - if James and M.Keane were to be injured - how good would their side be ? If we had fired OGS after we drifted away from C.L around new year - we wouldnt have made C.L

We have had a horrible start - but I am still convinced the reason behind it was the summer. We were 2 weeks behind everyone else, and it hurt us bad. But we are a lot better side than we were at the start of last season. And we will get better

sugar_kane

Faith partially restored in Ole after yesterday. Genuinely thought he’d lost the dressing room but I think Bruno’s public stance this week has helped him out in that respect.

I know it’s only Newcastle, but the style of football we saw yesterday was what I like to see and it was a much more assured and confident performance.

Was surprised to not see Donny start again but he’s a difference maker when he comes on, Pogba from the bench also seemed to work better than him starting somehow also.

Fred/McTominay is underrated as a midfield duo, they work their bollocks off (it helps when Scott can actually complete a pass, he’s been woeful recently but was solid yesterday)

Martial not playing also helped as he’s been pish so far, he’s supremely talented but inconsistent. Ole’s hand was forced on that one but he now needs to show he’s not afraid to drop the favourites if required.

It’s gonna be a rollercoaster season whatever happens, and not just for us.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It was a good performance but good lord how shit are Newcastle? The league seems very open this season, shame we're not in the running. Still have very little faith in him.

AshRK

One thing he does very well is turn up when everyone writes him off. Hope he does that again for the sake of the club.

Dr. StrangeHate

Agree with this. Still think he'll go as soon as we start drifting away from the CL spots.

Everton's start has made things much more complicated. It's going to be a major fight to get top 4 this year and maybe we need a more experienced man to get us there.
Goalkeeper isn't a position where you can have a liability. Rest of Everton's squad is decent (probably 7th best in league). I don't expect them to be top 4 at end of season. Carlo is a good manager but he can't convert that team to something that can beat our much superior squad over the course of a season.

Dr. StrangeHate

One thing he does very well is turn up when everyone writes him off. Hope he does that again for the sake of the club.
Thing is I can't figure out what he does differently when his job gets threatened. Perhaps Woodward needs to keep the pressure ramped up throughout the year with leaked dates with other managers.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
The worst thing about all of this is that it is never going to stop. This 'debate' that people have become so entrenched in only ends when Ole gets sacked, or when he has won so many trophies that discussing his future is ludicrous.

Its brought out the worst in everybody. We have posters on here happy when we lose (you all know who you are but you'll never admit it), so you can be right for a few days. We have posters who can't wait to come on here and gloat when we win, so you can be right for a few days.

This thread has had almost as many posts since the game than the post match thread. Theres nothing new to say anymore, but people prefer having this argument than talking about our actual football matches - even when we've won well. If we lose, then its open season on everyone. What does that say about our fanbase on here?

We have had a horrible start - but I am still convinced the reason behind it was the summer.
It was obviously a huge disadvantage. We could've very well been at 18 straight PL-games undefeated, if not for that disadvantage.
2 Losses last 18 PL-games. 4 losses last 31 games- all competitions.
Sack, sack, sack. Useless manager.

bondsname

Well, atleast Ole still has the trust of the players. Usually it's around this time the players start to lose faith. These coming set of fixtures are extremely difficult and it will be interesting to see how the players react if we have a bad run and lose the majority, will they still side with Ole?

AshRK

Thing is I can't figure out what he does differently when his job gets threatened. Perhaps Woodward needs to keep the pressure ramped up throughout the year with leaked dates with other managers.
I don't know if he does something different or the players start pulling their socks up. Either way it works well for him as well as the club.

I think as a manager he is still growing but when you are managing a club like United you don't get ample time. He has to use his squad more wisely. The likes of mata needs to start more games. He cannot have the same formation and same starting 11 start every week. The coming matches are very important and will make or break him, so looking forward to see how we do.

Born2Lose

The worst thing about all of this is that it is never going to stop. This 'debate' that people have become so entrenched in only ends when Ole gets sacked, or when he has won so many trophies that discussing his future is ludicrous.

Its brought out the worst in everybody. We have posters on here happy when we lose (you all know who you are but you'll never admit it), so you can be right for a few days. We have posters who can't wait to come on here and gloat when we win, so you can be right for a few days.

This thread has had almost as many posts since the game than the post match thread. Theres nothing new to say anymore, but people prefer having this argument than talking about our actual football matches - even when we've won well. If we lose, then its open season on everyone. What does that say about our fanbase on here?
I was a guest here for a long time, there were plenty on here week in, week out who wanted SAF out.

tenpoless

Not aiming this at any particular person, but anyone who says that people who think he should be sacked are somehow not real fans are seriously self righteous arseholes. And dumber than a bag of rocks.
There are plenty of them I'm telling you. Not only about Ole but other players too. Basically they have this template, anyone who follows it is a Top Red and the rest are Glory Hunting pricks.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I was a guest here for a long time, there were plenty on here week in, week out who wanted SAF out.
Not like this. Not even close. We all remember the 'sack fergie, sell giggs' running joke about it. That was usually enough to silence the odd keyboard warrior that popped up.

Far as I recall there was certainly never any specific threads created about sacking him.

JohnnyKills

it would be better to judge ole(or any future manager)in half season blocks rather than wanting him sacked or backed every month or so depending on 2-4 results.
That's not realistic though is it. The PL is so competitive now that we can't afford to wait half a season. If we miss out on CL this season the consequences could be dire.

JohnnyKills

If 4 losses in 31 games is true then how can we sack him? He isnt even being giving a chance to fail.
Theres being a top red and theres shitting the bed for no good reason.
Not saying we should sack him, just that the relentless calling-out of other posters for a perceived lack of patience or commitment is tiresome.

Fletchageddon

Lads we are one point behind City and only four behind Liverpool, who by the looks of things are not the force they were last year and have conceded one more than us. The 6-1 was an anomaly. If anything it happened at a good time as it has focused some minds (not Greenwood and Williams' obviously) and there are still 33 games left to play. We have Cavani, Telles and VdB coming into a squad that finished 3rd last year. Over the next month that extra depth will pay off and we will find ourselves in a good run again. This over reactionary stuff has to stop. Ole isn't shit if he loses one match, we need to take a look at the bigger picture. This season will start slow due to the pre season but there is a lot of quality now.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It's brought out the worst in everybody. We have posters on here happy when we lose (you all know who you are but you'll never admit it), so you can be right for a few days.

We have posters who can't wait to come on here and gloat when we win, so you can be right for a few days.
But here's the point: How is getting giddy with happiness that my team won 'gloating'? Thats absolute bollocks.

There is supporting your team and loving that they win (Remember how fans go ballistic in stadium after we score goals or win a game), and there is needing your team to lose so you can be right about our manager needing to get sacked.

I will never ever understand how the latter can ever be regarded as supporters.

The mods are only keeping this thread open for the ad revenue. I wish @Niall would close it down.

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

But here's the point: How is getting giddy with happiness that my team won 'gloating'? Thats absolute bollocks.

There is supporting your team and loving that they win (Remember how fans go ballistic in stadium after we score goals or win a game), and there is needing your team to lose so you can be right about our manager getting sacked.

I will never ever understand how the latter can ever be regarded as supporters.

The mods are only keeping this thread open for the ad revenue. I wish @Niall would close it down.
Says the number one culprit

Fletchageddon

Gloating when the team wins is kind of the point of winning. It's the point of competition its self.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I love how relentless @sammsky1 is. :lol:
But I agree that for now Ole shouldn't be sacked. Let's see how the season goes.
Same :lol:
Seriously, I don’t even have the energy to fight against all the exaggerated criticism here our players and manager get.
Keep on the good work @sammsky1
Thanks!
It's a great way to use up the adrenalin after yet another famous OGS win. Join me next time we win, you'll find it really cathartic!

Ricardo de la Vega

Just checked here to see how inconsistent the Caf's opinion is. Win a game and Ole should stay. Lose and he should go.
Everyone must face facts. There is no way Ole is good enough a coach for Man Utd. He will never be good enough. He's a club legend and I'll love him forever, but he shouldn't be head coach. If I am wrong about this (as proven according to my own internal and subjective criteria to be assessed not earlier than 3 years from hence) I promise I will upload a video to the caf of me eating my beloved NH scarf - or trying to as far as is humanly possible in a manner consistent with continued life.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Gloating when the team wins is kind of the point of winning. It's the point of competition its self.
OleOUTers lot are so ideologically flawed in their heads, they can't see the wood through the tree's anymore. Its actually painful to observe.

Tarrou

Just checked here to see how inconsistent the Caf's opinion is. Win a game and Ole should stay. Lose and he should go.
Everyone must face facts. There is no way Ole is good enough a coach for Man Utd. He will never be good enough. He's a club legend and I'll love him forever, but he shouldn't be head coach. If I am wrong about this (as proven according to my own internal and subjective criteria to be assessed not earlier than 3 years from hence) I promise I will upload a video to the caf of me eating my beloved NH scarf - or trying to as far as is humanly possible in a manner consistent with continued life.
How do you reconcile 4 defeats in 31 with this opinion and being so certain of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.