Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
As an Ole outer/Glazers outer, I am the first to say everyone played well yesterday. It was an excellent performance. I enjoyed it. But it does not change the fundamentals even if we do the same thing for the next ten games.

The question mark is not over whether we can sometimes play well in bursts - even long bursts. That is known. The question mark is over whether we can do it often enough to finish first or second as opposed to third or fourth, or even fifth or sixth. Do we have the coaching skills and the players and the tactical commitment to win serious silverware? Not whether we can beat a mediocre Newcastle team.

Last edited:

Foxbatt

I never felt that he lost the dressing room. The players never dropped their tools. Yes they may feel he is not a top class coach but that's a different issue.
Now losing to PSG would not be a huge issue. Losing the next few games in the PL would be.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
But here's the point: How is getting giddy with happiness that my team won 'gloating'? Thats absolute bollocks.

There is supporting your team and loving that they win (Remember how fans go ballistic in stadium after we score goals or win a game), and there is needing your team to lose so you can be right about our manager needing to get sacked.

I will never ever understand how the latter can ever be regarded as supporters.

The mods are only keeping this thread open for the ad revenue. I wish @Niall would close it down.
Hey I'm with you mate. I wish this place was happier after a win and the post match thread was 25 pages discussing the game and praising the players/Ole etc.

My point was that posters even feel that they should need to come on and gloat at all. If there weren't so many that still couldn't help but look for negatives it wouldn't be necessary

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Thanks!
It's a great way to use up the adrenalin after yet another famous OGS win. Join me next time we win, you'll find it really cathartic!
You'll look an idiot in the end because we all know Ole won't win anything here unless he's got the best team in the country by far, which we won't have for a very long time. That's been the crux of everybody's criticism and it still stands even if we did get another 'famous OGS win' against a Steve Bruce Newcastle.

Zen86

You'll look an idiot in the end because we all know Ole won't win anything here unless he's got the best team in the country by far, which we won't have for a very long time. That's been the crux of everybody's criticism and it still stands even if we did get another 'famous OGS win' against a Steve Bruce Newcastle.
That’s Pep Guardiola

Acquire Me

But here's the point: How is getting giddy with happiness that my team won 'gloating'? Thats absolute bollocks.

There is supporting your team and loving that they win (Remember how fans go ballistic in stadium after we score goals or win a game), and there is needing your team to lose so you can be right about our manager needing to get sacked.

The mods are only keeping this thread open for the ad revenue. I wish @Niall would close it down.
I love you bro. You speak the truth with no filter. The thing with ad revenue cracked me up tbh :lol: I have thought a lot about that. Not easy to drop threads like this, even though it’s the right thing to do. Cash is king :drool:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Exactly!

The primary support of people in this forum is towards Utd! If we win, that's not gloating, it can't be gloating.

However, if anyone celebrates after a loss to tell people how they were right, and the same set of people who can't be happy after a convincing win, then their loyalty towards the club needs to be questioned.

el3mel

Thing is I can't figure out what he does differently when his job gets threatened. Perhaps Woodward needs to keep the pressure ramped up throughout the year with leaked dates with other managers.
We were always going to defeat Newcastle regardless. While I'm not convinced with him as a manager and think he won't get us any further beyond top 4 and a domestic cup win here and there, I still realize our current squad is pretty good and we will still win many games. People sometimes exaggerate when they are critical of the team. Thinking we won't finish top 4 is extreme for me, even if Ole is a mediocre manager. We have a good enough time to finish top 4 easily.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
At least someone likes my posts :lol:

Cheers Ish, hope you're keeping well mate :)
Aye Robbie. As well as can be bro! Hahaha I’m a sucker for punishment - ergo I like your posts! :lol:

Joking bud. Sums up my feelings on ole well. He’s done a lot of good.
Yeah that's my view too. Whatever happens he's done a great job shifting so many players. The squad is so much better now.
Yeah, there’s this very “black and white” view, for the most part on the Caf, where you’re re either Ole in or out. I’m not sure where exactly I stand atm, but I do acknowledge the positive(s) and negative(s) of his tenure.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The difference is when ole leaves the club (all managers eventually leave), I will have savoured and enjoyed the full intensity of every moment when he was in charge. That’s why I support a team, because it gives me access to a set of emotional experiences.

OleOUTers won’t ever get close to that. That’s their loss and in my opinion the most idiotic way to ‘support’ a club.

Also why would I care what faceless OleOUTer’s on the internet think?

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I love you bro. You speak the truth with no filter. The thing with ad revenue cracked me up tbh :lol: I have thought a lot about that. Not easy to drop threads like this, even though it’s the right thing to do. Cash is king :drool:
We share a pure and unconflcted love for our club which is what makes us bro’s and United!

Fist pump emoji :D

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
We were always going to defeat Newcastle regardless. While I'm not convinced with him as a manager and think he won't get us any further beyond top 4 and a domestic cup win here and there, I still realize our current squad is pretty good and we will still win many games. People sometimes exaggerate when they are critical of the team. Thinking we won't finish top 4 is extreme for me, even if Ole is a mediocre manager. We have a good enough time to finish top 4 easily.
After the first several minutes yesterday, doubt most would agree with you on the first bolded. As for the latter, top 4 is in serious doubt. No way we easily finish top 4.

el3mel

After the first several minutes yesterday, doubt most would agree with you on the first bolded. As for the latter, top 4 is in serious doubt. No way we easily finish top 4.
Once we equalized I was pretty sure the game was going one way to be honest. Newcastle are just crap.

As for top 4, we have much better team and quality than Arsenal, Everton, Leicester and Spurs. Even if our manager isn't a top one, the quality will bail us out eventually.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We should finish top 4. Despite our start to the season we still have a very good team with some very good players, our squad depth is also so much better than last season. We're still 3rd/4th best team in the league, the horrendous start aside I'm sure the season will show that as it progresses.

Foxbatt

Once we equalized I was pretty sure the game was going one way to be honest. Newcastle are just crap.

As for top 4, we have much better team and quality than Arsenal, Everton, Leicester and Spurs. Even if our manager isn't a top one, the quality will bail us out eventually.
I don't know about that. I don't know if we can beat Everton and Spurs to the 4th place. Arsenal and Chelsea are in the mix too.

Member 90887

I don't know about that. I don't know if we can beat Everton and Spurs to the 4th place. Arsenal and Chelsea are in the mix too.
We'll see. We still have Telles who's yet to start for us and who'll cover one of our glaring weaknesses which is no offensive contribution from our FBs.

Cavani is yet to start as well and he's arguably an upgrade on what we have.

And with Traore giving us something additional from january onwards, we should be able to make top 4 this year.

For all the gloom and doom, win our game in hand and we will be 1 point above chelsea, same as Arsenal, and 1 point behind Liverpool, City and Spurs. Still early times and we'll probably get stronger.

aditya826

Bale on the bench and Spurs attack have already created 3 open play goals. Ole will finish the job with Liverpool and our ex-manager winning premier league and European trophies. Meanwhile lucky penalties, set-pieces or a counter-attack here or there... Oh, we must be grateful for Ole saving us.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
The 4-1 win will cloud a lot of people judgements. Ole is good at that. I will not be surprised if we beat psg and Chelsea next, only for us to lose a couple more games and then go back on another streak. The conclusion still remains that Ole will not take us back where we should be. Mourinho as toxic as he was was the manager that had the most potential to do so. Ole will transform us into Arsenal without the flair. He might get us some domestic trophy, but he will not make us the best team in Europe again.

Offsideagain

The question is, would Klopp or Guardiola do better with this squad? I don’t think so. The squad is still three or four top quality defenders/midfielder away from being competitive. Woodward and the Glazers will take top four every season and pay Ole a tenth of what Klopp and Guardiola gets. Sure the Glazers have given the ok for money to be spent, but it has , mostly, been spent on average players. We have also somehow managed to make good promising players average and lay them a fortune at the same time.

lysglimt

Scout
Just checked here to see how inconsistent the Caf's opinion is. Win a game and Ole should stay. Lose and he should go.
Everyone must face facts. There is no way Ole is good enough a coach for Man Utd. He will never be good enough. He's a club legend and I'll love him forever, but he shouldn't be head coach. If I am wrong about this (as proven according to my own internal and subjective criteria to be assessed not earlier than 3 years from hence) I promise I will upload a video to the caf of me eating my beloved NH scarf - or trying to as far as is humanly possible in a manner consistent with continued life.
So everyone must face YOUR facts - that he isn't good enough ? Thats not a fact - its your opinion

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
The question is, would Klopp or Guardiola do better with this squad? I don’t think so. The squad is still three or four top quality defenders/midfielder away from being competitive. Woodward and the Glazers will take top four every season and pay Ole a tenth of what Klopp and Guardiola gets. Sure the Glazers have given the ok for money to be spent, but it has , mostly, been spent on average players. We have also somehow managed to make good promising players average and lay them a fortune at the same time.[/B]
:lol: I don’t know why this myth keeps being played out among our fans.We have the third most expensive squad in world football. It isn’t a player issue it is a managerial one. If we had Pep, Guardiola or Pochettino in the same time frame as Ole, with the same backing, we would have challenged/won the league,play much better football and certainly be more competitive in European competition. When you see what teams like leceister , Everton, Spurs and even Leeds are doing with much less you have to understand that a good manager can be doing much better with this team.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
:lol: I don’t know why this myth keeps being played out among our fans.We have the third most expensive squad in world football. It isn’t a player issue it is a managerial one. If we had Pep, Guardiola or Pochettino in the same time frame as Ole, with the same backing, we would have challenged/won the league,play much better football and certainly be more competitive in European competition. When you see what teams like leceister , Everton, Spurs and even Leeds are doing with much less you have to understand that a good manager can be doing much better with this team.
Agreed. Two of the all-time best managers and Pochettino.

aditya826

So everyone must face YOUR facts - that he isn't good enough ? Thats not a fact - its your opinion
He has relegation in his CV and the reasoning behind appointing David Moyes was that he saved a sure relegation side and built them up to become one of the top 6 teams. I'm sure that went well. Also yeah these aren't facts, just opinions.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The worst thing about all of this is that it is never going to stop. This 'debate' that people have become so entrenched in only ends when Ole gets sacked, or when he has won so many trophies that discussing his future is ludicrous.

Its brought out the worst in everybody
. We have posters on here happy when we lose (you all know who you are but you'll never admit it), so you can be right for a few days. We have posters who can't wait to come on here and gloat when we win, so you can be right for a few days.

This thread has had almost as many posts since the game than the post match thread. Theres nothing new to say anymore, but people prefer having this argument than talking about our actual football matches - even when we've won well. If we lose, then its open season on everyone. What does that say about our fanbase on here?
100 % this. This thread is on rinse and repeat for a year now and whole thread is pointless now and all it produces is negative aura.

el3mel

The question is, would Klopp or Guardiola do better with this squad? I don’t think so. The squad is still three or four top quality defenders/midfielder away from being competitive. Woodward and the Glazers will take top four every season and pay Ole a tenth of what Klopp and Guardiola gets. Sure the Glazers have given the ok for money to be spent, but it has , mostly, been spent on average players. We have also somehow managed to make good promising players average and lay them a fortune at the same time.
If you think Klopp and Pep can't do more than Ole with this squad, does that mean you think Ole is as good of a manager as them both ? Because it can only be explained this way.

pass.pass.pass

Money spent is not equal to money spent well. Still, I agree with you. This squad should not be 33 points from the top.

The militant Ole fans want to have it both ways. If he succeeds, he is a genius. But if he fails, the fault is Woodward's and Glazers' (who are admittedly incompetent). It's a lovely position to adopt; the goal posts can be forever in motion.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
100 % this. This thread is on rinse and repeat for a year now and whole thread is pointless now and all it produces is negative aura.
The negative aura is the sole contribution OleOUTers provide our club right now. It’s all they have.
What a great way to spend ones time :houllier:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The negative aura is the sole contribution OleOUTers provide our club right now. It’s all they have.
What a great way to spend ones time :houllier:
Negative aura is you man but i tried to be polite. Look at you in just these last 24 hours. Even people who want Ole to stay are telling you to chill.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Negative aura is you man but i tried to be polite. Look at you in just these last 24 hours. Even people who want Ole to stay are telling you to chill.
So I contributed negative aura by celebrating that my team won a game? that quite some messed up mental gymnastics.

you find my aura negative because you can’t happily support the team when it wins. It’s you who is interpreting that as negative.

you lot have have tied yourselves up in such conflicting knots, you’ve lost all sense of objectivity. It’s quite a crazy phenomenon to observe.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So I contributed negative aura by celebrating that my team won a game? that quite some messed up mental gymnastics.

But you lot have have tied yourselves up in such conflicting knots, you’ve lost all sense of objectivity. It’s quite a crazy phenomenon to observe.
If you are not a WUM then you have serious issues man.

Mainoldo

you find my aura negative because you can’t happily support the team when it wins. It’s you who is interpreting that as negative.

But you lot have have tied yourselves up in such conflicting knots, you’ve lost all sense of objectivity. It’s quite a crazy phenomenon to observe.
You are being a d&£k to be fair and that’s coming from me.

Grow up:yawn:

Status
Not open for further replies.