Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
What I find most interesting about Ole is when it appears he's coming under pressure, he starts pulling massive results out of nowhere.

It's no coincidence that these runs coincide with a change in the lineups. We either have some players dropped or injured when this starts happening. It's becoming apparent we have a group of players who have the ability and not the mentality, and another group of players who have the mentality and perhaps not the ability.

Our strongest 11 lacks leaders but this second string 11 seems to be rife with them. Ole needs to be ruthless with some of the softer lads I think if we want to kick on.

Backrow Singer

Everything is always so exaggerated on here. When we lose he’s the world’s worst manager and needs sacking as soon as possible. When we win he deserves a 10 year contact extension and a statue.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Okay talking Ole out of the equation and just speaking about the above in relation to your question as to what creditials do they have to win us a title. Good question and it best be the bloody first question Ed ask when he’s appointing the next manager.

Tuchel - Took the Dortmund team on after Klopp left which was in a bad place. Was very successful in getting them back up the table playing a wonderful brand of football. Is very strict in his approach no nonsense infact which has seen him fall out with players in the past. However he’s now got medals under his belt whilst also having the experience of manager star players. If he wins the Champions league your point on PSG pretty much becomes redundant
Phew, lucky that you are not Ed. Otherwise you will sack Ole and hire Tuchel and we would have been outplayed by PSG today.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Stop being facetious - It can also take years on a road to nowhere. Ole has never built a title winning side, or even been competitive, in a league which counts for anything. He’s an unknown quantity, unlike the Fergie and Klopp examples which get cited ad nauseam.
Yeah so let's bring in Poch!

Giggsyking

He deserves credit for today tactical changes and the result. I wish he is consistent. I doubt it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He deserves credit for today tactical changes and the result. I wish he is consistent. I doubt it.
Maybe it’s the team players who are inconsistent for a variety of reasons and we are building up to something great?

also how is 4 losses from 32 games inconsistent?

Id really like your opinion on these two points.

TheRedDevil2019

In the last 32 games, Ole has won 22, drawn six, and lost just 4. Yeah, let's sack this clown that doesn't know tactics, four defeats in 32 is just unacceptable, we should be winning all 32 of them.:rolleyes:

A little Argentine manager that won nothing at Spurs would surely do better? :lol:

el3mel

I can't believe we have won such a fantastic game tonight and you people are arguing here ! Come on! We're United fans. We should celebrate such a fantastic night together.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
To give Ole credit, benching Pogba has been a smart move. I would make him and Maguire win their places back. Ole out is on backburner for now.

Now will he bench Martial?

James Peril

The «one game changes everything, again»-brigade is back, so I’ll stick my neck out even after success so that I can say I told you so - in the end of course. Great victory against a top-ish team, as seen before with this team. PSG play a high line, we are perfectly happy to take them on the counter. This has never been our problem with the current manager, especially as we player for player are more than a match. How many of today’s starting players automatically gets into our team? Three? This is not the PSG of the last few seasons, just look at the line-up - I didn’t know they were in such a bad state to be honest. They threw on Everton-reject Moise Kean to take us on, I think that says everything really.

Great to start the campaign with a win, gives us a huge chance to qualify of course. Let’s hope they are missing Verratti and Marquinos in the replay at Old Trafford in a few months too. All we want is to win, doesn’t change my mind about the current manager one bit, sustained success in the league over time would. I am 100% certain we will never see the changes needed to fully utilize this very good team (on paper), but that’s the beauty of being a football fan, we’ll sum it up in the end. We are a strong underdog, we are a weak favorite, 50% isn’t good enough for me.

saivet

Great result but an even better performance. I hope we can show some consistency in performances and the results will come. We've been good in one off games before, so not a huge surprise but need to see more over a longer period of time to have faith in him. I think we can get similar joy against Chelsea. I don't know much about Leipzig this season, so no idea how that one will go but I think the Arsenal game will be more interesting as they have been relatively decent defensively this season and won't come to try and play us off the park.

MoskvaRed

Yeah so let's bring in Poch!
I didn’t even mention Poch. I think he’s in the good but not great category. Before dismissing him, though, for not winning trophies at Spurs under Levy, you may want you calculate the amount spent on that United team out there tonight, even without Maguire. It is basically more than any other club in the world could spend apart from City, PSG and the big two in Spain.

Mainoldo

Phew, lucky that you are not Ed. Otherwise you will sack Ole and hire Tuchel and we would have been outplayed by PSG today.
The worst time of post! Imagine if he actually won the champions league. Guess who wouldn’t have been reposting my own post from a million miles ago :lol:

I’ll remember you :)

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The «one game changes everything, again»-brigade is back, so I’ll stick my neck out even after success so that I can say I told you so - in the end of course. Great victory against a top-ish team, as seen before with this team. PSG play a high line, we are perfectly happy to take them on the counter. This has never been our problem with the current manager, especially as we player for player are more than a match. How many of today’s starting players automatically gets into our team? Three? This is not the PSG of the last few seasons, just look at the line-up - I didn’t know they were in such a bad state to be honest. They threw on Everton-reject Moise Kean to take us on, I think that says everything really.

Great to start the campaign with a win, gives us a huge chance to qualify of course. Let’s hope they are missing Verratti and Marquinos in the replay at Old Trafford in a few months too. All we want is to win, doesn’t change my mind about the current manager one bit, sustained success in the league over time would. I am 100% certain we will never see the changes needed to fully utilize this very good team (on paper), but that’s the beauty of being a football fan, we’ll sum it up in the end. We are a strong underdog, we are a weak favorite, 50% isn’t good enough for me.
Mate, so, do you use this injury argument to defend Ole? Afterall, we had a tougher season in terms of injuries last year. If you don't then let's not use all those excuses to downplay our result

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You're the one who bumped it after the game you lunatic.
Self-projection is a scary drug. Dude is calling for locking the thread when he lives here.

I am just happy we won and Rashford made Mbappe and Neymar cry again.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Thought PSG were a bit crap, so not terribly convinced, but I was marginally 'Ole In' after the Spurs game so each win moves me a bit further in that direction.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
In the last 32 games, Ole has won 22, drawn six, and lost just 4. Yeah, let's sack this clown that doesn't know tactics, four defeats in 32 is just unacceptable, we should be winning all 32 of them.:rolleyes:

A little Argentine manager that won nothing at Spurs would surely do better? :lol:
Ole out!!!!’

I want him out because .... we cos I said so 1 year ago and am too arrogant or bigoted to admit I was wrong.

so as I

Mainoldo

I can't believe we have won such a fantastic game tonight and you people are arguing here ! Come on! We're United fans. We should celebrate such a fantastic night together.
Can’t even enjoy a win. It’s funny:lol:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I didn’t even mention Poch. I think he’s in the good but not great category. Before dismissing him, though, for not winning trophies at Spurs under Levy, you may want you calculate the amount spent on that United team out there tonight, even without Maguire. It is basically more than any other club in the world could spend apart from City, PSG and the big two in Spain.
Squad cost is such an arbitrary metric. By that logic, Barcelona should be sweeping all before them. It doesn't work like that. And yes Poch is always rolled out (not by you, granted) as the go to guy for some strange reason. We got shafted by Leicester, plain and simple. You can't tell me that Maguire is the best defender in the world, which is basically what you're implying purely because he went for £80m.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The worst time of post! Imagine if he actually won the champions league. Guess who wouldn’t have been reposting my own post from a million miles ago :lol:

I’ll remember you :)
Winning champions league. :lol: What a bold statement.

Tuchel has been heavily criticised by PSG fans before even you posted that, and even criticised for the game against Atalanta for his tactic at the start of the match. PSG never fancy him mate, the game against Bayern last season was a clear as day who was gonna win that final. Pretty sure everyone including you predicted Bayern to win it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Can an Ole Outer enjoy it too? Or is that band?:)
Banned

Of course. And I’m had it makes you feel great.
the thing is you are conflicted so you can but not as much as those of us Who have given our trust and faith into Ole. you know all of this.

peace

Chicharo

Great tactics tonight. Had the guts to put Tuanzebe in the heart of the defense, and then in the second half switched the formation, brought Pogba in, and we scored and had couple more chances.
Keep em coming Ole!

Acquire Me

It’s time to drop the Ole Out and Ole In shit. It’s way beyond ridiculous.

Support the club. Support the players. Support the manager. Enjoy the good times, stay strong when things are bad.

Pscholes18

Miss the game but from what you guys saw the way PSG played tonight in Tuchel's system, would you take him at United?

Paul_Scholes18

Many more hard games to come. We need to show that we can start picking up results in a row.
Although I personally want to do well in CL the most. Big nights come spring with fans back would be epic.

el3mel

Miss the game but from what you guys saw the way PSG played tonight in Tuchel's system, would you take him at United?
I have never rated Tuched that highly to be totally honest. Definitely never thought of him as an option to manage us one day. Yeah their CL run last season was good but still don't rate him that much.

MoskvaRed

Squad cost is such an arbitrary metric. By that logic, Barcelona should be sweeping all before them. It doesn't work like that. And yes Poch is always rolled out (not by you, granted) as the go to guy for some strange reason. We got shafted by Leicester, plain and simple. You can't tell me that Maguire is the best defender in the world, which is basically what you're implying purely because he went for £80m.
Maguire may not even be the best defender in our team to be honest!

Of course expenditure does not always equal actual value (and I acknowledge Ole inherited many of these big money buys) but comparing United and Spurs is apples and oranges. Anyway, as I am not a Poch fanatic unlike some on here, I will leave it there.

lsd

The Oracle
We need 30 years of Ole in charge . I want to be retired with my feet up watching Ole leading out Rashford and Lingard jrs

Status
Not open for further replies.