Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I know I should expect nothing less from you but you are like one of those people that play sport for participation, not for winning. Unfortunately, MUFC is meant to be a professional outfit which aims to win.
:lol: Nice one ... but you couldn’t be further from the truth. I get reprimanded in my Family, work and at the gym for being too competitive!

after the shambolic start to season, I’m very happy the team has strongly stabilised. That’s good progress. It was a crap game but we have solved many issues From season start.

el3mel

Have to say. I really appreciate posters like you. You have been a tough in your stance on Ole, but at least you are one of the reasonable ones who can see the wood for the trees. It was a shite, boring game against a rival. Nothing more to be said really
Thanks. You're too one of the best posters I discussed and disagreed with. Nothing but mutual respect between us, mate. :)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think though we absolutely need to stop with 4-2-3-1 bullshit. Time to shift to another formation that suits other players.
What do you suggest?

I like 3412 but we need Tuanzebe for that who isn’t ready to contribute in every game yet.

passing-wind

It's the infancy of the start of the season, we have played three home games and won none.

To the fans who are calling out other fans for lack of support, you need to have a long hard look in the mirror and question if the word 'ambition' means anything to you. I've said it time and time again as bad as the owners are, some of the fans are just as inept when it comes to the ideology of monitoring progress and the club moving forward.

Another whatless result along with a below standard performance. Loss to Palace / Spurs battering and now firing up a blank against one of the worst defensive Chelsea sides in the last decade. That is the only context you need.

Roboc7

This negative style of football is Ole’s comfort zone, when it works it’s fine but didn’t need to be that negative at home to this Chelsea side. I still don’t see anything to suggest Ole is building anything other than a team to plod along and try and finish in the top four.

Biggest thing that stood out tonight is both teams should have better managers.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
4 defeats in over 37 games. We’ve come off the back of great results against PSG and Newcastle. Should have won today but not the end of the world as some are making out.
It’s OleOUTers feeding on crumbs.

crap game, OK result but serious progress given the context of this season so far.
move onto next game.

HasselBank gets it.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I've no idea why this thread is this active now. We were clearly the better side, and while the football wasn't attractive from both sides, you can see where the two managers are coming from. They realize that conceding the first goal would damage their chances of getting something from their game more than anything and hence both played the 1st half more cautiously.
The 2nd half was a Mou type performance from Cheslea and when you have that and quality and pace up top - like Werner, Pulisic, etc. the chances of game ending as a draw just increase manifold

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I guess things are going alright if 0-0 vs Chelsea is enough to start calling for the managers head again

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Yeah this one or straight 4-3-3 with VDB and Bruno as number 8s and Fred behind them
But the start of the season means Ole isn’t confident enough yet in defence. If we lose, media noise goes mad again. It’s a double edged sword.

I agree with HasselBank and not Evra on this.

IAmAWinner

7 points from 15. No wins in first 3 home league games. Starting plonkers like James. The excuses Solskjaer gets is sickening.

edgecutter

4 defeats in over 37 games. We’ve come off the back of great results against PSG and Newcastle. Should have won today but not the end of the world as some are making out.
Why do we live in the past? Last season finished brilliantly, but the fact that we were allowed back in to the top 4 race said a lot about where the league was.

The Evertons, spurs and even arsenal will be better this year and our form at the moment means we are already chasing. We should be improving not going backwards.

90 + 5min

Brilliant coaching again. Didn't gave Chelsea anything. Unlucky to get away with a win.

Would loved to see van der Beek but we hade to many players in that position (Bruno / Pogba). His time will come.

Superunknown

I would be content with this being Ole's last season, depending on our league finishing position and how we do in other competitions. Imo, we need somebody who will be far more demanding of his players and "forces" them to perform. A motivator. I like the guy, but I just feel that we need more. It's not enough to just be "nice" and be the manager of this club. I feel that we're going to be stuck in a cycle with Ole where we look good in one game, then clueless in the next, then average in the one after that, before being back to looking good/alright. We need progression. The issue for me is that we have a more than decent squad, and this could just be a chance that passes us by. In a season where City look more average than they have done and Liverpool are without Van Dijk for some time, we really, really could be forcing things a lot more. We're passive when we could be ruthless.

Giggsyking

It's the infancy of the start of the season, we have played three home games and won none.

To the fans who are calling out other fans for lack of support, you need to have a long hard look in the mirror and question if the word 'ambition' means anything to you. I've said it time and time again as bad as the owners are, some of the fans are just as inept when it comes to the ideology of monitoring progress and the club moving forward.

Another whatless result along with a below standard performance. Loss to Palace / Spurs battering and now firing up a blank against one of the worst defensive Chelsea sides in the last decade. That is the only context you need.
This word mean nothing for the "top red" fans.

soapythecat

Ole ball at its finest tonight. Negative, dull and without any spark.
standard Ole week -get A decent result than revert to hoping for a sly win on the counter.
We are going no where with him in charge

Hammerfell

I’m so tired of him. He was a legend as a player but he’s not good enough to be managing a club this size, and the longer we cling on to him the worse things will get.

JG3001

Way to prove my point, we finished with a measly 66 points and you’re pleased.
Today aint the issue, drawing or even losing a game vs Chelsea matters little, but the start to this season is eerily similar to last.
Ive made a post before about our league standings with 66 points in the last 7 seasons (ie post fergie). Average position is 5th with 66 points. Only twice has 66 points finished in the top 4 finish. we’ve gained the same/more points in every other season bar one (Moyes).

Without getting overly irate or passionate about my feelings as an outer, Ole is okay, and that’s it for me. He isn’t the guy to take us to the top, irrespective of the board.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Such a pathetic display. Jose in disguise.

He spent 80m on Maguire yet he is being shielded by 2 defensive midfielders and a defensive winger just to protect that backline.

FFS - there is no big difference between a draw and a win. Would rather take a loss than this cowardly display .

TheGame

Why do we live in the past? Last season finished brilliantly, but the fact that we were allowed back in to the top 4 race said a lot about where the league was.

The Evertons, spurs and even arsenal will be better this year and our form at the moment means we are already chasing. We should be improving not going backwards.
And we are improving as per our last two results. I think we should have won today as Chelsea were there for the taking but got a draw so onto the next game. It’s not a situation to wallow in despair as some are doing on here.

Oo0AahCantona

In other contexts this result would be decent, we needed to punish them here. Im ole in, but he needs to bin James.

PoTMS

Does anyone actually think we will win either the Premier League or Champions League under Ole? In a season where the results are crazy and anyone could win the league, it's telling that no one actually thinks United will.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Boring and hopeless. No wins at OT in 5. Literally all we do is try to counter. As I said the other day, the PSG win means feck all since we're going nowhere under Ole.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Ole ball at its finest tonight. Negative, dull and without any spark.
standard Ole week -get A decent result than revert to hoping for a sly win on the counter.
We are going no where with him in charge
I’m so tired of him. He was a legend as a player but he’s not good enough to be managing a club this size, and the longer we cling on to him the worse things will get.
You guys used to be able to feast on home defeats from Burnley to make identical posts.

But the food on the table must be very scarce if you have to moan so viciously after a 0-0 home draw vs Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.