Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untd55

People do realize that we have a game in hand vs Burnley right? Win that and suddenly we jump from 15th to 4th or 5th and it doesn't look that bad then, does it?
No, we don't until the rest of the teams play today and tomorrow; we are currently even at 5 games played with most teams at the moment. You are assuming that every team will lose above us over the rest of the weekend.

Everton, Aston Villa (same situation as us), Liverpool (playing now), Leicester, Wolves, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City (same situation as us), Southampton, and Newcastle are level on 5 with us at the moment. All are above us in the table.

cptkeane1993

Good progress in the last 3 games in terms of creating chances, teamwork and intensity, compared to the first 3.

Everyone was clamouring for a 3-5-2 (including myself) but Ole reverted to his 4-2-3-1, confident in his Maguire/Lindelof partnership and that Fred/McTominay will provide adequate cover. He was right, and it’s excellent man-management. James though can start against the Newcastle’s but not against Chelsea and Ole would realise that. Challenging conditions today but I liked the pressing and quick, forward passing.

Definitely up and running. On another day, we’d have won this. Other managers, fearful of our attack and movement, may start to do a Lampard and set up so defensively against us instead of going for it like Palace and Brighton tried. So we need to be prepared for that again.

The lack of a crowd makes a big difference. Ole said if Stretford End was full, it could’ve sucked one in.

On to Leipzig and Nagelsmann, the apparent golden boy of management. They’re top in the Bundesliga I think and just won today.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Of course they would. To sack a manager for what? A bad start and this early in the season? Who has a record of 4 defeats in around 37 games.
If all our fans were honest and didn’t have personal agenda driven issues, they’d also recognise that 2 losses were as semi final and other 2 losses due to pre season issues manager had no control over.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
No, we don't until the rest of the teams play today and tomorrow; we are currently even at 5 games played with most teams at the moment. You are assuming that every team will lose above us over the rest of the weekend.

Everton, Aston Villa, Liverpool (playing now), Leicester, Wolves, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City (they are in the same situation as us), Southampton, and Newcastle are level on 5 with us at the moment.
When did analysing league positions after 5 games become a thing :confused:

el3mel

To be honest, definitely don't like this quote or this comparison.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
No you're not supposed to be happy but it's not the end of the world as some are painting it.

We're in the middle of a tough run of games and are unbeaten since the last break. If we stay that way until the next international break and the team shows improvement while integrating Cavani, Telles and Donny I'll take it.
You don't understand me. When our results are shit then excuse is "look at the future and look at big picture". Big picture is that he is clearly building defensive, counter attacking team whos main goal is to kill opposition play and punish them from counter or set piece.
Is that what we want from our manager? Same people who defend him wanted Jose sacked because of defensive minded football. But i have newsflash for you; Ole is baby Mourinho (except character of course. Ole is a nice and positive person, Jose is doom and gloom person)

masii

I have a question from Ole out people, let’s imagine Ole would get sacked by tomorrow morning. Apart from which available manager we should go for, what would you propose that a new manager can bring in with current squad, financial situation, Ed’s strategies and Glazer ownership plus being in the spotlight because of being Utd manager? What would you expect? Winning PL this season or what? Indeed, what a new manager can bring in which Ole can not! Is It transfer strategy ? Where do you see Glazers role and Ed? Having a plan for the future? Again where do you see owners and Ed?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

To be honest, definitely don't like this quote or this comparison.
I think he’s trying to say we got over confident after that win and couldn’t consolidate. This time around we were rock solid, albeit not very attacking and it was a crap game to watch for fans.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes. It was a good season.
It was mediocre. We had a squad of players capable of a lot better than 66 points. I'm not going by league position, we were one game away from 5th so it means feck all in isolation.

TheGame

If all our fans were honest and didn’t have personal agenda driven issues, they’d also recognise that 2 losses were as semi final and other 2 losses due to pre season issues manager had no control over.
Exactly. The personal agenda issues are more relevant after all the comments today and silence over the last two games.

Withnail

You don't understand me. When our results are shit then excuse is "look at the future and look at big picture". Big picture is that he is clearly building defensive, counter attacking team whos main goal is to kill opposition play and punish them from counter or set piece.
Is that what we want from our manager? Same people who defend him wanted Jose sacked because of defensive minded football. But i have newsflash for you; Ole is baby Mourinho (except character of course. Ole is a nice and positive person, Jose is doom and gloom person)
There's very little similarity between how Ole and Jose set up a team.

We started off conservatively and yeah probably too conservatively giving Chelsea too much respect because while they have dangerous attackers they were also playing conservatively.

Chelsea had more of the ball first half but as the game went on we took the game to them. We dominated possession in the second half and looked like the only team trying to win it.

We didn't sit back waiting for a counter against PSG either which many expected us to do going into the game.

cptkeane1993

Defensive, counter-attacking team? I don’t think I saw the same game today or on Tuesday in Paris. Or anytime this season to be honest.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Mata is good. James is not. I wouldn't mind a 4222 with pogba and mata as the ams. I also wouldn't mind a 532 . Thing is I am tired of Ole using strikers as wingers. Strikers are lazy defenders. Really tired of Ole's tactics. As Fergie would say "I'm gonna clip your nuts".

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Everton, Aston Villa (same situation as us), Liverpool (playing now), Leicester, Wolves, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City (same situation as us), Southampton, and Newcastle are level on 5 with us at the moment. All are above us in the table.
3 of the teams you listed will still be above us, irrespective of the game in hand or not. Leicester play Arsenal, so only one would ideally be above us, unless it ends in a draw, Wolves and Newcastle play each other, so max one can be ahead of ahead, maybe none of those two as well, Southampton face Everton. So you account for all that, and it'd be at worst 7th-8th?

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
The moaners are back after every draw or loss I see.

14 shots 4 on target compared to Chelsea's 6 shots 1 on target. If not for Mendy's heroics we would have won added to the fact that Chelsea set up to defend with 3 at the back. I'd have loved to won but this isn't the worst result. We haven't started the season well though we need to kick on now.

edgecutter

I understand outrage when we lost to CP and Spurs but draw again Chelsea is hardly a bad result.
It's bad when our home form is the way it is. It's bad when the last game played at Old Trafford we were smashed 6-1. It's bad when we struggle to score at home without a penalty.

edgecutter

14 shots 4 on target compared to Chelsea's 6 shots 1 on target. If not for Mendy's heroics we would have won added to the fact that Chelsea set up to defend with 3 at the back. I'd have loved to won but this isn't the worst result. We haven't started the season well though we need to kick on now.
Mendy made one good save! Don't pretend that we were peppering their goal with shots.

Anustart89

I understand outrage when we lost to CP and Spurs but draw again Chelsea is hardly a bad result.
On paper, no, but the way the game went it just shows how we struggle to beat any team that doesn't come at us and leave space in behind.

I mean, tactically his choice of personnel doesn't make any sense. What is your attacking plan when you put Mata and James on the wings? Possession? Counter-attack?

90 + 5min

Kids can't have an opinion based on their own eyes week in week out? How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
They can. But they have to be realistic. They aren't right now where even a draw, where we are better against a top side, seem to be bad.

I'm getting old. For me football started when Hughes was our striker. MClair was fabelous and Pallister/Bruce were like great wall.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

They've had a tough week. Let them enjoy the fact we didn't win despite being the better team.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
Mendy made one good save! Don't pretend that we were peppering their goal with shots.
Remember atleast 2. Anyway point being De Gea wasn't troubled at all and we should have won. Not the worst result that garners the reaction we're seeing here

edgecutter

Remember atleast 2. Anyway point being De Gea wasn't troubled at all and we should have won. Not the worst result that garners the reaction we're seeing here
It's the bigger picture I am looking at. If teams do exactly what Chelsea did today (and many of them are) we are in big trouble with our style of football.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

It’s not a terrible result, but with Poch available, you have to ask the question: would Poch get more out of this team?

I honestly think he would.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Not a bad result. James should not have started though. Should not have moved Bruno to the right either.

Tough next two games though.

eire-red

I think he's just trying to keep positive after that result with that quote. Inside, I'd say he's rueing missed chances, but acknowledging our confidence is still brittle. What Ole says to the press is definitely not what happens behind the scenes, that should be clear by now.

What's missing in our game right now is making OT a fortress once more. Like Liverpool have done with Anfield. We need to rediscover that sense of teams already feeling defeated before they even come out of the tunnel.

Let's see where we are after Christmas before giving any real assessment of this weird season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.