Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

The GK literally made one good save against Rashford with the one and one. That wasn’t even a world class save. No one but you thinks the GK was the best player. I would have thought he pulled a master class DDG performance from what you’ve said. Amazing.

As for Moyes’s game I can picture Welbeck just fluffing his lines with a shot that was easier to score.
Ask chelsea fans and even they will admit their keeper was their best player.

Gazza

What’s more absurd: Ole making team selection based on factors we fans aren’t privy to, or half the fans in this thread being better managers than him? I stand by my assertion that filling the team sheet is more complex than picking names based on player ratings.
You are being absurd. The notion that no one can hold a respectable opinion on team selection unless they are privy to all the work done on the training ground, is absurd.

Abhinav

One glance at the league table tells you two things:
1. All the teams involved in European competitions have not started well due to a lack of pre-season. Lower teams were better conditioned in the first weeks and took advantage of a longer break
2. Six rounds in is too early to judge which team will finish at the top or the bottom. Another 5-6 matches will make things clearer and will give us better understanding of where we are headed. Talks of sacking managers after 6 games in is too premature especially owing to the external circumstances. Unless we are 8-9 points off top4 by Christmas, Ole needs to be given the chance to see out the season.

Abhinav

Also, when you have been thrashed 6-1 by a top 4 contender recently, it is to be expected that the manager will setup the team cautiously especially when the other team has players such as Pulisic, Havertz, Werner and has clearly setup to play on the counter. Sometimes you have to play chess and see out a stalemate so that you can live to fight another day. We tried to seek out a win without losing the balance and on another day could have got the three points. It is certainly not a performance to throw your toys out of the pram over.

crossy1686

career ending
Also, when you have been thrashed 6-1 by a top 4 contender recently, it is to be expected that the manager will setup the team cautiously especially when the other team has players such as Pulisic, Havertz, Werner and has clearly setup to play on the counter. Sometimes you have to play chess and see out a stalemate so that you can live to fight another day. We tried to seek out a win without losing the balance and on another day could have got the three points. It is certainly not a performance to throw your toys out of the pram over.
On paper, a draw with Chelsea looks good, and will still look good in a few months. The outrage on here when we don't win every single game is pathetic.

rotherham_red

On paper, a draw with Chelsea looks good, and will still look good in a few months. The outrage on here when we don't win every single game is pathetic.
Especially since they were all writing Oles obituary during the international break and pencilling in yesterday as being his last game in charge.

Intheflatfield

Supports
The mighty Red Devils
IMO there's something not right in the dressing room. Some good results sandwiched between some poor pretty poor ones coupled with some dire performances and strange team selections. Don't believe OGS is the one to lead us to PL titles or champions of Europe. Loved him as a player though. Hope he can sort it out.

Mainoldo

Ask chelsea fans and even they will admit their keeper was their best player.
Chelsea fans back Frank Lampard. They’ve turned as soft as us. I can’t take their opinions serious anymore. They use to be ruthless.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I dont think Lindelof had that great of a game. They rarely got into our final third for that to the the case.
91% pass accuracy, 4 ball recoveries, 2 clearances, 2 dribbles 1 chance created and didn't give Werner a sniff. AWB also had a good game. These 2 were our best players so it could be argued that they were the main reason Chelsea didn't pose much of an attacking threat.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I closed the debate and politely told you to feck off a while ago.

To entertain your final question, here we go:
"To park the bus, means to play very defensively, to get a lot of players behind the ball, to offer no attacking play. Imagine a bus parked in front of the goal"

Which Chelsea didn't do. Your over exaggeration knows no bounds. Please don't quote me again.
Heat Maps and action zone stats suggest you are wrong. Although not in front of goal, they did park something.
There we go. Someone just confirmed it @VP89

Glad that we can finally come into conclusion.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It was a good game. We'd do well in CL if we can continue performing like that. Solid in defence and midfield, and have better chances where their Gk pulled off 2 world class saves.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Have no idea why OleOUTers indulge in so much self harm.
Maybe they enjoy the feeling?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Heat Maps and action zone stats suggest you are wrong. Although not in front of goal, they did park something.
There we go. Someone just confirmed it @VP89

Glad that we can finally come into conclusion.
No, that is not the conclusion because its bullshit.

I took a look at the action zones from the match here : https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...er-League-2020-2021-Manchester-United-Chelsea

Most the "action" was in the central area. 22% was actually in our third vs 34% in theirs. So no, that is not parking the bus at all.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

I took a look at the action zones from the match here : https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...er-League-2020-2021-Manchester-United-Chelsea

Most the "action" was in the central area. 22% was actually in our third vs 34% in theirs. So no, that is not parking the bus at all.
This is the game when we park the bus drew 0-0 away to Liverpool in 17/18 under Mourinho: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...-League-2017-2018-Liverpool-Manchester-United

Most the ''action'' was also in central area. 23% to Liverpool third, and 33% in ours. The number is same/similar so this concludes what we have told you already and it's time to move on from this.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This is the game when we park the bus drew 0-0 away to Liverpool in 17/18 under Mourinho: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...-League-2017-2018-Liverpool-Manchester-United

Most the ''action'' was also in central area. 23% to Liverpool third, and 33% in ours. The number is same/similar so this concludes what we have told you already and it's time to move on from this.
The action areas don't show a team parking the bus, the match did not show either team parking the bus. No evaluation by pundits/analysts/newspapers suggest Chelsea parked the bus.

You are grasping at straws, this is getting too much now. Please, stop going on a tangent. You took the crux of an original point that Ole played a less than ideal system (Adnan eluded to this with his reports) and that Ole fecked up personnel choices, to talking jibberish about Jose vs Liverpool in 17/18. You can take the 2-0 victory at the Bridge and see similar action zones, where again, neither team parked a bus. For example very similar statistics:

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...er-League-2019-2020-Chelsea-Manchester-United

Ive seen the match, I've looked at the action areas, I've seen the stats, I've heard what the other pundits analysts said too. Literally no one worth their salt share your claim that Chelsea parked a bus.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The action areas don't show a team parking the bus, the match did not show either team parking the bus. No evaluation by pundits/analysts/newspapers suggest Chelsea parked the bus.

You are grasping at straws, this is getting too much now. Please, stop going on a tangent. You took the crux of an original point that Ole played a less than ideal system (Adnan eluded to this with his reports) and that Ole fecked up personnel choices, to talking jibberish about Jose vs Liverpool in 17/18.
You can take the 2-0 victory at the Bridge and see similar action zones, where again, neither team parked a bus. For example very similar statistics:

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...er-League-2019-2020-Chelsea-Manchester-United

Ive seen the match, I've looked at the action areas, I've seen the stats, I've heard what the other pundits analysts said too. Literally no one worth their salt share your claim that Chelsea parked a bus.
This article clearly says Jose was parking the bus against Liverpool in that match. https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ted-will-finish-above-liverpool-a3660006.html

The action zone shows same/similar number with the one you showed of our game in the weekend. Our team was always be forced to play passive just like how Jose forced Liverpool's Klopp to play passive. The 2-0 Bridge we didn't park the bus at all, what are you on about even the stats show 26% & 27% on our and their third area.

I thought you want to close the debate. Just because it doesn't go your way doesn't mean we can't close it. So, move on mate,

Last edited:

FatherWolff

I think you are reading the numbers a little wrong there mate. It suggest we have twice the players occupied in the opposite area than Chelsea by 5 against 2,5. 12% more action in their area I quite a lot! But if you look further on the stats you will also see they had more players behind the ball the time mentioned. We can split hairs on what “parking the bus” actually means, but they did park something between the box and midfield circle.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
If we win our game in hand, we will be 3 points off the top. Shows every team is suffering due to lack of preseason.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Why would the lack of pre season reward the smaller teams so much? They have less options to rotate with and weaker squads.
Difference in quality will get offset by poor fitness of bigger team. Also I think most top teams had something to play for till last game of last season and some were in Europe. Everton for example didn't have anything to play for and wasn't involved in Europe.

Paul_Scholes18

Difference in quality will get offset by poor fitness of bigger team. Also I think most top teams had something to play for till last game of last season and some were in Europe. Everton for example didn't have anything to play for and wasn't involved in Europe.
Still the smaller teams should suffer in fitness too. Thus it should even it out. I guess some teams played/plays in europe and might have done less fitness training.
Liverpool who had no europe last season should not look poor though, but they do. Can't defend well anymore even with Van Dijk they struggled.

rotherham_red

Still the smaller teams should suffer in fitness too. Thus it should even it out. I guess some teams played/plays in europe and might have done less fitness training.
Liverpool who had no europe last season should not look poor though, but they do. Can't defend well anymore even with Van Dijk they struggled.
The smaller clubs are predominantly playing one game per week as opposed to one every 3-4 days, which is pretty much our schedule until December, which is when we'll also see the hectic Christmas schedule, and after that will be in the FA Cup and the European cups will start their next stages in February...

Do you see the issue?

Paul_Scholes18

The smaller clubs are predominantly playing one game per week as opposed to one every 3-4 days, which is pretty much our schedule until December, which is when we'll also see the hectic Christmas schedule, and after that will be in the FA Cup and the European cups will start their next stages in February...

Do you see the issue?
Yeah, but we should be able to rotate if we want. It is normal for the big teams to play much more.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

Do you see the issue?
Do you agree that our lack of preseason argument should now be discarded after playing 9 competitive games? Surely us and all the other teams should now be at optimum fitness?

Of course around Christmas it will become a factor but at the minute I don't think fitness or burnout should be a problem.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
They're not super gung-ho, but I don't think Chelsea parking the bus. When they attack, they commited many players forward; compare to Mou 'park the bus' style.

I think Chelsea looked like they defended more, just because we were better.

wolvored

Yeah that is not acceptable at all and neither was the performance yesterday,also that Newcastle result was because they gave us far too much space to play.
Thats why Mata had a good game against the Geordies. If the opposition players allow him a few seconds before they try and close him down, of course he can string a pass through.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
So when we got beat at home when the crowds were here, didnt the crowd roar enough to get the ball over the line? talk about clutching at straws! Ole, the media :lol:
The speed of the wind
Blustery conditions
Earth's rotation
Lunar gravity

The above could also be reasons honestly.

90 + 5min

Why would the lack of pre season reward the smaller teams so much? They have less options to rotate with and weaker squads.
It is lot about fitness and how human body works. Anatomy. Teams not playing in August got the whole preseason behind them while those who played in Europe had players back week before Premier League started. I would say that we are still little bit behind teams in fitness but still can compete because every week we are closer. I think that until last weeks internationals we had pretty much our pre season. That is why us, ManCity and Wolves have been struggeling more then we should. It is not like those teams suddenly don't know how to play or that their managers are crap?

Yeah that is not acceptable at all and neither was the performance yesterday,also that Newcastle result was because they gave us far too much space to play.
I love it when team can win but not get any credit. This league must be the worst.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This article clearly says Jose was parking the bus against Liverpool in that match. https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ted-will-finish-above-liverpool-a3660006.html

The action zone shows same/similar number with the one you showed of our game in the weekend. Our team was always be forced to play passive just like how Jose forced Liverpool's Klopp to play passive. The 2-0 Bridge we didn't park the bus at all, what are you on about even the stats show 26% & 27% on our and their third area.

I thought you want to close the debate. Just because it doesn't go your way doesn't mean we can't close it. So, move on mate,
You are clutching at straws here. Chelsea did not park the bus. Action areas do not reflect this and most importantly the game did not reflect this. To park the bus one team defends deep and allows attack after attack from the opposition. 45% of the match being played in the middle doesn't reflect this and an article from the fecking Standard in 2017 of all places isn't going to change the events of United vs Chelsea 2 days ago.

I choose to move on because you have diverted the points I made, and this thread, into a silly tangent which I won't provide any further time shutting you down on.

FatherWolff

Do you agree that our lack of preseason argument should now be discarded after playing 9 competitive games? Surely us and all the other teams should now be at optimum fitness?

Of course around Christmas it will become a factor but at the minute I don't think fitness or burnout should be a problem.
If so, something really strange have happened to football. Look across the top leagues in Europe. Hell, just look at premier league this weekend. When I read what is posted about fitness, Well. I think many of you don’t know what you are talking about. But I don’t think fitness is all of it. There is something more. Physical and mental fatigue? To many games have been played in a short space of time. Rotating or not, the body does not have enough time for recovery. Many managers have spoken out about this, and I think we are only seeing the start of it. It’s not just a case of “anybody can beat anybody”, and nick a win.. It’s a case of everyone can beat anyone, and beat them with 2 to 4 goals.

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

If so, something really strange have happened to football. Look across the top leagues in Europe. Hell, just look at premier league this weekend. When I read what is posted about fitness, Well. I think many of you don’t know what you are talking about. But I don’t think fitness is all of it. There is something more. Physical and mental fatigue? To many games have been played in a short space of time. Rotating or not, the body does not have enough time for recovery. Many managers have spoken out about this, and I think we are only seeing the start of it. It’s not just a case of “anybody can beat anybody”, and nick a win.. It’s a case of everyone can beat anyone, and beat them with 2 to 4 goals.
It's never been all about lack of pre season. The players are mentally tired. There's been too much football and travelling with little break

crossy1686

career ending
So when we got beat at home when the crowds were here, didnt the crowd roar enough to get the ball over the line? talk about clutching at straws! Ole, the media :lol:
No, we were shit when we got beat at home, nothing to do with the crowds. Also worth nothing we didn't lost to Chelsea, we drew. And you definitely didn't bother to read the link which clearly talks about the effect of home advantage being pretty much null in an empty stadium, which backs up what Solskjaer said.

Status
Not open for further replies.