Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

united for life

Another great performance. Rotation is key for the team. Ole has proven again that he is up there tactically. changing the formation from 433 to 3 at the back to a diamond midfield from one game to the other!

Where are the haters?

He’s doing very well. It’s just that the media focus too much on manchester united. This pressure comes with the job. Ole has handled all of this very well so far.

keithsingleton

Our two performances in CL have been unbelievable, long may it continue. If we can perform like that in the League with some consistency maybe there is hope for Ole. Long way to go and I won't let 180 mins of football make me think otherwise.

Mainoldo

Feed this stuff into my Veins :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad reality is there will be a lot of united men about at the moment slightly raging conflicting emotions.

I know a few personally and they go very very quiet.

These last 2 champs league wins, against last seasons finalists and semi finalists is as good as anything we've had since fergie went.

Brilliant to see.
I don’t think anyone gets angry at a good football performance mate. It’s just what people actually consider good footballing performance. A lot of fans don’t actually appreciate it when we keep the ball. Too Pep like they don’t like it.

pav1790

The contrast between the Chelsea game and tonights performance is mind boggling.

God help the rest of Europe if Ole ever figures out a way to teach our squad the meaning of consistency.
I would take those odds as a United fan.

Yes, I am getting carried away. But it’s a 5-0 win.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
It is not just 2nd half, the only part where they look somewhat of a threat is 15 minutes after the first goal, but the tactics were spot on and we were deservedly in the lead going to the break. Once their press started to wear off, firing squad went in.

It was brilliant from start to finish. One of those performances you can truly build on and gives you a hint of what potential we actually have.

Happy is an understatement after this.

RORY65

The most encouraging thing in the last 20/30 minutes in Paris and then tonight was that we still have the threat on the break but we had more than that to offer as well which has been a limitation throughout Ole's time at the club. Hopefully he can continue to work with this system as it gets most of our best players in to their best positions and improve it (Telles would offer more from left back for instance) and he may just be on to something, that was a really solid, assured performance even before the avalanche of goals at the end.

I've expressed my doubts in here that he's the man to bring us back to the very top, I still have those, but he's always found answers when there's a been a hint of pressure that shows that the players are still definitely behind him and he's got the calmness to think rationally and come up with something that works in those situations which is impressive.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Absolutely fantastic tonight. Right from the starting lineup, to how we set up. The players obviously were amazing and we didn't have a lapse in concentration, but regardless - I doubt anyone can point out a mistake that he made tonight.

Beating another top manager, along with countless others - from Pep to Mou to Poch, Tuchel, etc. Think this game should end the argument that he isn't good tactically

Flexdegea

I don’t think anyone gets angry at a good football performance mate. It’s just what people actually consider good footballing performance. A lot of fans don’t actually appreciate it when we keep the ball. Too Pep like they don’t like it.

I'm talking about our supporters club and mates of mine.

If I had a pound for every time one of them said tactically hasnt a clue or doesnt know defensive tactics Id be rich.

All went very quiet on their front tonight not replying to texts, I say they are raged :lol: :lol:

lolok

This is my problem with Ole. We beat last year's UCL finalists away from home. We smash last year's Semi-Finalists at home. We have the talent--- just not the consistency. I'm glad we beat PSG and RBL. It proves that yes, contrary to what alot of people say on here-- United has a good team! Every time we lose, Ole defenders immediately BLAME the board and the Glazers for not backing Ole, even though United has spent a pretty penny on Ole. When Ole loses, it's never Ole's fault-- it's the board or Ed's fault.

I'm glad we smashed RBL. Now people are going to wake up and realize-- yes-- United has a good team. Yes-- United need to be challenging for 2nd place, if not the title (if Liverpool's bad injury run continues.)

It's time for the EXPECTATIONS of Ole to be increased!

The problem is-- Ole is so inconsistent as a manager and makes too many mistakes. What manager is happy with a draw @ home vs a struggling Chelsea side? A manager who doesn't realize that while Mata, McTom, James may work vs a poor Newcastle side-- against more quality opponents-- it won't work. United is sitting on 7 points in 5 EPL games. Unacceptable with the squad he has. 1 point in 9 @ home this year. Disgrace.

Put up or shutup time Ole. You have to beat Arsenal this weekend. Flat out.

Consistency. The caf gets on Pogba's case for inconsistency-- well, Ole has the same problem.

Lets go Ole. One game at a time. You have to smash Arsenal and then lets go from there. I'm tired of 1 step forward- 1 step back.

reddevil702

Great job today and as someone who’s wanted Ole sacked I was very impressed for a few reasons. To change the formation and go with a diamond to really take advantage of the depth we have was huge and showed some tactical flexibility, which is something I have bashed him for before. When Rashford and Bruno came on they looked rested and hungry, same with Pogba today. Great job Ole and long may it continue. I don’t mind eating my words as long as it means United is winning!

predator

Youth NITK
The contrast between the Chelsea game and tonights performance is mind boggling.

God help the rest of Europe if Ole ever figures out a way to teach our squad the meaning of consistency.
It is so mind boggling.

Somewhere in there is a devastatingly lethal team of players. If Ole can figure out how to make them consistent then we are in for a whale of a time lads.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
If we drop points vs Arsenal this Sunday I say we have become a Cup/Knockout club and we should forget about the PL other than finishing Top3-4 every season.

This is my problem with Ole. We beat last year's UCL finalists away from home. We smash last year's Semi-Finalists at home. We have the talent--- just not the consistency. I'm glad we beat PSG and RBL. It proves that yes, contrary to what alot of people say on here-- United has a good team! Every time we lose, Ole defenders immediately BLAME the board and the Glazers for not backing Ole, even though United has spent a pretty penny on Ole. When Ole loses, it's never Ole's fault-- it's the board or Ed's fault.

I'm glad we smashed RBL. Now people are going to wake up and realize-- yes-- United has a good team. Yes-- United need to be challenging for 2nd place, if not the title (if Liverpool's bad injury run continues.)

The problem is-- Ole is so inconsistent as a manager and makes too many mistakes. What manager is happy with a draw @ home vs a struggling Chelsea side? A manager who doesn't realize that while Mata, McTom, James may work vs a poor Newcastle side-- against more quality opponents-- it won't work. United is sitting on 7 points in 5 EPL games. Unacceptable with the squad he has. 1 point in 9 @ home this year. Disgrace.

Consistency. The caf gets on Pogba's case for inconsistency-- well, Ole has the same problem.

Lets go Ole. One game at a time. You have to smash Arsenal and then lets go from there. I'm tired of 1 step forward- 1 step back.
Well said

He'sRaldo

When he stuck with a 4-2-3-1 with our players shoehorned in, I complained. I held off after PSG just to see if he's actually evolving.

Now that it seems he's reverting, I have to come out and say that if he continues in this vein, it will be so easy to back him. Even if the results are suboptimal.

SAFMUTD

Credit when its deserved, he was on point tonight. Every sub was perfect and totally outcoached Naggelsmann when they changed formations.

Giggsyking

Still conditional support? Your agenda is so deep its making you ill.
Oh ffs, why the feck are we here and write about the club if we dont support united and have agendas? maybe I support united even before you. I said it before to other posters and I will say it to you. Nobody here, no(fecking)body here has an agenda, stop dreaming and talking nonsense. I still have my doubts about the manager but that does not mean I do not support the club ffs. Why cant you understand simple sentences like that?

MrSingh2002

Maybe VdB should start or be involved more going forward. He worked his socks off and made me most of very little spaces Leizig allowed in the first 60 mins. Midfield and attack looks stronger now with the additions.

Telles and Tuanzebe on the weekend hopefully and we're in business.

Idxomer

I like the tactical flexibility he's shown lately, needs to keep it going in the league.

crossy1686

career ending
Another tactical masterclass from Ole. Schooled yet another 'elite' manager who's been touted for his job recently. If you can't see the progress at this point you've got your eyes closed

RollieOle

Time to shut it down lads, yeah? Bury this thread deep to save a few red faces.

He'sRaldo

When we get space we are great. Maybe we will go far in Europe against more attacking teams.
That's true, but I don't think that's the takeaway for today.

Today's takeaway is that if he's learned to play our best players in their best positions, then we can more often get the all important 1-0, after which we'll have the space we need.

Hence my excitement at the diamond formation instead of that damned 4-2-3-1.

Foxbatt

Not at all. This was a very good result. If we beat Arsenal it will be a massive result. Now against Arsenal he should start with Cavani and surprise Arteta. Arsenal is going to give us space at the back for sure. Cavani will make sure Luiz and the Arsenal defence is under pressure.

cptkeane1993

Ole was a brilliant mind as a footballer and is slowly but surely proving to be a brilliant mind in football management as well, yet still learning and honing his skill. He's now beaten, Pep, Mourinho, Tuchel, Nagelsmann and I don't need to name the rest. This will give him great confidence the same way the players will gain confidence from this game.

With a good squad, a smart manager, our squad of young players just need that bit of consistency and we're on to something special in the very near horizon.

What a impact he's had the club since that bleak winter in 2018/19, when we were spiralling down the table, the air around Old Trafford full of toxicity and Manchester United a laughing stock and no longer respected in footballing terms. He's changed many things up at the football club and now built what looks a very good team.

I hope he continues to get good, consistent results and I congratulate him for turning the 1-6 Spurs result around quite so quickly.

On to Arsenal. Lampard brought his team to Old Trafford scared stiff and I suspect Arteta won't be much different.

SteveW

We didn't have a good team a year ago.

How about give him some credit for the obvious improvements under his management?

SteveW

And we were right all along. OleOUTers cant deal with it when Ole wins.

What a crazy situation to place yourself in on a subject you spend time on to enjoy.
I just hope this means people finally get behind him. He's beaten pretty much every big name manager put in front of him. Nagelsmann the latest.

He's a good manager and is doing a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.