Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oreon

The story of the season is UTD are toothless in possession and devastating when they are counter attacking. The counter attacking is working well in the UCL but it's not enough to get results weekly in the league. We have an abundant attacking talent but Ole hasn't found a system or formation that works well. And to be frank, from what we have seen so far Ole is a counter attacking manager.
It's fair to ask if another manager with a system can get better off this team. The attacking talent is there.

Godfather

The fact that threads are made when he wins games and he gets pages of praise says a-lot about how far we've fallen.

He's the manager of Manchester United ffs. He should be winning the majority of games. People jizzed themselves over a fairly meh win against a shite Newcastle side.
Same with Leipzig. A team that's players are worth a tenth of ours. Shouldn't be celebrating wins like these.

tomaldinho1

I have to say, for all the fans on here who got riled up and offended about why Arteta was apparently not getting the flak Ole was - he has a vastly worse team, won a minor trophy, just comfortably beat us and, most importantly, within a much shorter time than Ole has got a structure into his team and they are hard to beat and competitive against everyone. Is he the next great manager? No but he's got clear ideas and there is tangible evidence of him being able to coach it into his team.

There is no shame in accepting a manager isn't up to the task - we shouldn't call him names or go overboard in our criticism but the minimum expectation versus reality of what Ole is delivering is categorically not acceptable.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
- Worst home run since 1972

- Worst start in the Premier League ever (19/20)

- Followed by the worst start in the Premier League ever, again (20/21)

This is the problem that people do not seem to understand. People keep saying that you cannot judge the position now, but what are we hoping for exactly? That we sign another player in January with the same impact as Fernandes?

This is why I want Solskjaer replaced because he cannot sustain periods of good-form before turning to trash.

So far, every single one of my PL predictions has been correct for the past three games: Newcastle - W, Chelsea - D, Arsenal - L.
We start everything shit with him, games and seasons, then once he somehow claws it back to the absolute bare minimum you’d expect with this squad we are somehow supposed to be overjoyed with the ‘achievement’.

It’s a small-time mentality.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
One week ago people called Arteta shit manager. So how shit Ole is then? He is in Arsenal only one year and with 3 times less money spend with having worse team than FCM, he still managed to outclass us at OT.
I don't rate Arteta but he looks two levels above of our manager. That sums up how shit failed Cardiff manager is

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
People are being too pessimistic in this thread. We're only 4 games into our home season. Ole will definitely nick a win in the next 14.

Also, clearly you lot don't believe enough. It's all your negativity's fault. Just listen to @sammsky1 the Caf's very own Ty.
Need a tissue? For your tears of joy?

mav_9me

This is exactly why I never changed my vote to change from Ole.

For all the good he has done, imo he is not a great coach. We can't press and we can't really do anything other than counter.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it’s time we get a manager that actually wants to keep the ball.

3KDré

I understand people want to see him succeed. Everyone does. But our league form right now is not acceptable. It wasn't acceptable at the beginning of last year either.

We can't ignore that when expectations are highest, we crumble and he has the be held partly responsible for that. We can't ignore also that whenever we are expected to break down a low block or hold possession for most of the game we fail.

Abhinav

Firmly Ole in but unfortunately he had a shocker today. Why would you put Matic in when you are trying to win the game. As soon as Matic came in we lost all momentum and were pushed 10 yards deeper. Vdb should have come in for Fred or Mct, Pogba should have been taken off for Cavani. Bruno and Mason should have remained on the pitch to provide us with the width & decisiveness.

Godfather

He funnily has many of the traits as a manager that he had as a player. Not good enough to be starting for 80% of the time but some moments of magic. Won't win us anything as a manger sadly.

Patrick220571

If it wasn't for the PSG and Leipzig results, he would surely be out of a job.

One point from twelve at Old Trafford is desperate and not nearly good enough.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I’d like you to answer this bond. Seems like you avoided the question since it didnt make sense with your logic.
There is nothing more to answer other than the fact that he is as clueless as we can get. Just come out of the emotional attachment to Ole -' the player' . He is an average middtable manager who is probably doing worse than Moyes.

Footy van de Geek

Had a feeling that our CL form would only paper over the cracks.

We are simply too inconsistent.

We rarely play well for 90 minutes.

The home form needs to be addressed soon.

Zoo

This is perfect timing for Ole with Poch in the studio tomorrow! Unfortunately he deserves criticism today he got it wrong. One step forward, 2 back as usual

edgecutter

I'd like to know which top clubs sacked managers based on a run of 7 points in 6 games.
The writing is on the wall. The performances have been awful bar 10 mins against Newcastle in the league. You can't pretend that things are going to magically get better when it's clear that nearly every Premier League side knows how to shut us down.

Robbie Boy

It's not hard to find a row in here mate. No surpise to see you all over this like a fly on shit though :yawn:
Nah, I'm impartial lad. Unlike you I have objectiveity and don't entrench myself in stubborn arrogant beliefs. Sure my vote is still for him to stay. Just your kind are fecking mind numbingly tedious at this stage. All you do is condescend anyone's opinions that differ to yours.

padzilla

Hipster
Ole is bullet proof the perfect patsy for the board. We wouldn’t accept this under other coaches so why him?

Water Melon

Ffs look at our points and goals difference. No big club what have ever tolerated being 15th in their league 9 fecking points off the top already. Get him out of there.

Dobba

There is nothing more to answer other than the fact that he is as clueless as we can get. Just come out of the emotional attachment to Ole -' the player' . He is an average middtable manager who is probably doing worse than Moyes.
Worse than David Moyes. David Moyes. A man handed the Champions of England and turned them into a lake of tepid liquid shit in a matter of months. Have a word with yourself, man.

mu4c_20le

Show me another top club that has had those results and kept their manager? It's an honest question.

You can't defend that points tally. It's awful.
We're not even at Christmas yet. There's no way he gets sacked unless something drastic happens behind the scenes, ie losing the dressing room.

Kopral Jono

Not the man, will never be the man, who will bring us back to our glory days. I'd be surprised if I get this wrong.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Without the 2 superb european displays I think he'd be under extreme pressure now.

Robbie Boy

Same with Leipzig. A team that's players are worth a tenth of ours. Shouldn't be celebrating wins like these.
It's the over celebrating of matches we should be winning, it's mental.

This place is actually toxic but it's the side that bitch and moan about it that are causing it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I think everyone has had this argument way too many times. Progress needs to be measured across the competitors - that is, till the season before there were 5 teams better than us, now there are 2. That is progress. If we finish say 5th this season, it would be quite fair to say that we went back a couple of steps relative to the league.

If you want to compare us last season vs the season before that, it'd much better to look at underlying stats - and I don't just mean goals, goals conceded but stuff like xG metrics, the shots we had, shots against, tackles, interceptions, goals scored and conceded off set pieces, etc. and I'm quite sure we've improved on nearly every single underlying metrics compared to the season before that
All of them means nothing come end of the season. If we have points on board, you will automatically see the progress. All others are pretty useless arguments for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.