Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s funny the accusations that posters “go missing” when we win, despite knowing all too well that everyone hopes we win and breathes a sigh of relief when we do.

Its funny because some of the posters who are very present after wins, for pages and pages and pages, have gone missing today after little to no comments.

It works both ways and it’s human nature to make your arguments with recent happenings being used to back up what you are saying.

The fact is we are 15th and have started the season abysmally, it doesn’t matter what the last result was anymore. It’s been two years. It’s time.

GiddyUp

He's not too far from holding up 3 fingers, "3rd place last season".
I want a manager and coaches for this club that understand the hard work begins the minute you are appointed. The whole club has a Lingard mentality of "we've made it, no need to get better because this is the pinnacle". There is no SAF or his squad's mentality and attitude to bail us out. They all seem happy to live on a few good results while putting in excuses for underperforming against teams we should be tearing apart. For every RB Leipzig result there will be five Arsenal results. Not acceptable to be making childish excuses.
We are close but we need a manager that takes control and drills a winning system in to this squad.

My only Eric

He won't be on the same benchmark as last year. No chance last year's form will be acceptable. Just took a look at our next run of league fixtures

Everton
West Brom
Southampton
West Ham

It's a good run. Sure a couple sides are in good form but Manchester United should be capable of dispatching them.
So that 0 points expected in the next 4 games then.
Please when do we play a top 6 side?

choccy77

I think we need a new CEO as well as a manager and director of football.

Keep Ole and staff to work in the club between the first team and reserves, to ensure tradition and clubs heritage remain a key factor.

TheGame

no one expects you to comb through the whole thread, but for gods sake make a token effort to back up your claims
What? You said it’s throughout this thread, so it should be easy?

So go on. We are waiting.
Here’s 3 I found, plenty more around:

‘I fecking hate the sight of that gerbil’

‘Tired? Sack this useless fool.
Worst manager in my life time. Being owned by our former manager.’

‘feck him. Mourinho and LvG got sacked for less than this useless chirpy idiot. We deserve much better’

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He's been here nearly the same amount of time as LvG who had a similar record and was sacked despite an FA Cup win. It's not knee jerk.

People have every right to form a negative opinion of him after 100 games. It's as far from knee jerk as you can get. Our form this season has been patchcy and some of our inept performances are very concerning. People who didn't rate him still want him gone, they've been consistent. Looking at our form this season you can make a case to keep or get rid. Neither are too ludicrous or far fetched. You can then back up your view with what has come before, and again, both sides have a case. You have chosen your side and you obviously won't deviate. Other people have chosen theirs and calling them knee jerk is disingenuous, and comes across as trying to shut down the other sides opinions, whether that's your intention or not.
The fact that this thread gets non stop bumped right after a bad match when emotions are high and raw means there are a lot of knee jerk responses. I am not saying that the stance of wanting him gone is knee jerk, but many of the posts in this thread are. Personally i was a bit ambivalent about LvG being sacked. A bit unfair, but at the same time the football on display was pretty dire. LvG also dug his own grave with constantly shoehorning Rooney into the side because "the captain always plays".

Ole is far from perfect and today he got it totally wrong. Especially the subs were baffling so its not like he never makes mistakes. Considering he ended up 3rd last season and coming from two excellent European performances he deserves to prove he can turn it around.

Gazza

You'd think Arsenal ran over us based on the replies in here :lol:

It was a dead even game. Pogba's moronic mistake cost us, unfortunately. But I guess that is Ole's fault as well...

Also, the referee was useless.
We have looked second best at home to Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs. And Crystal Palace. You can say some of these games were even but we are the home team and created how many clear goal chances in those games? Remember that Ole is supposed to have a tactical hold on games against the Big Teams. Chelsea came for a point and got it comfortably. Arsenal played us perfectly today, we had no ideas for the whole match. Trying to talk about the referee or use the fact that we were still ‘in the game’ at 0-0 suggests you are ignoring the wider context of how concerning our league form is.

TheGame

I am here constantly even when he ride his luck and win, I know some here thinks he need time, but there are things cant be proven by numbers and league position. From the way he managed the team in his 2 year here, he has shown only patches of good performances (not results).
Fully understand, the inconsistency is tiring to say the least.

Kurton

Ole should stick to what he is, which is to set up a counter attacking team. Stop with this playing from the back bs, it's not your strength. Key to being successful is knowing your limitations first before your strengths, otherwise you'll be forever trying to be what you'll never be. But that's not going to be good enough for man utd. I'm beyond caring at this point.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Smalltime manager for smalltime fans
If those quotes aren't fabricated, yikes.
Moyes-esque
Phew! No worries then.

Ole's quotes when we don't win is really terrible.
His post match interviews is enough to show he's not going to take us to the top.
No fecking way :lol: :lol:
By that logic, we can expect 11 wins this season.

Out of 38 matches
He is really small time manager. Unbelievable quotes
He’s literally saying we need to do better & get more points on the board, we’ve played 6 games so far and that last year it took us 10 games to get 3 wins, we’ve played 6 games this year (and we have 2 wins)

Aka it’s not good enough & we’re heading in the same direction as last year and we need to improve.

How hard is that to understand? Or does everyone have a hard on for Ole to get the sack? This place man.....jesus

90 + 5min

I usually use my twin support for Wycombe to do this. Telling myself I never worry too much about United being say 6th in the league (when it ends, not now!) and can't see it as the disaster most do. As my lot almost had an actual disaster when we almost went down to non league and bankruptcy!

However, it's all about expectations isn't it. There's loads for United.
Correct. And we should have high expectations. But we also have to stand by and not react every time things go the way we didn't want or hoped for. Things are not black and white. There is path for everything. We will go through this one way or another.

No, I don’t want us to give him any more time he’s had plenty and showed be nothing to think he can find any consistency. If it wasn’t for Bruno coming in in Jan and saving our season he’d have been fired by now in my opinion.

He just doesn’t have it in him from what I’ve seen. I’ll credit him for upgrading the squad but let’s get someone in now who can benefit from it. Anyone with a bit of passion on the touch line for a start.
Have you forgot where we came last year? Have you forgot all the cup-runs? Sure, there wasn't trophies to show but what we saw is progress. You don't expect other manager to come and win treble, do you?

Screaming on the line, if you mean that by passion, is great if you are winning. Otherwise it just looks like some lunatic in a suit.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

It was a dead even game. Pogba's moronic mistake cost us, unfortunately. But I guess that is Ole's fault as well...

It was not even match. They were better team until they scored. Then we started to "play".
And it is not about one game. This is our 4th home game. And we are trashed twice, we have point in borefest against Chelsea (where Chelsea was denied clear pen) and another loss today.
And it is not just results. We look bloody awful this season. We have only one good game so far. In 6 games.

I want a manager and coaches for this club that understand the hard work begins the minute you are appointed. The whole club has a Lingard mentality of "we've made it, no need to get better because this is the pinnacle". There is no SAF or his squad's mentality and attitude to bail us out. They all seem happy to live on a few good results while putting in excuses for underperforming against teams we should be tearing apart. For every RB Leipzig result there will be five Arsenal results. Not acceptable to be making childish excuses.
We are close but we need a manager that takes control and drills a winning system in to this squad.
:lol: :lol:

Footy van de Geek

Some fans pointed to our run of away games without defeat. It’s a very good record.

But equally, our home form is now very poor. We haven‘t won a home game since Bournemouth at home back in July.

• Man Utd 2-2 Southampton
  • Man Utd 1-1 West Ham
  • Man Utd 1-3 Palace
  • Man Utd 1-6 Spurs
  • Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea
  • Man Utd 0-1 Arsenal
Ole has got to address the home form soon if he wants to save our league campaign.

Regalia

I loved him as our player and this feeling will never change.....but i hate him so much as our coach.

So he was happy again with a 0-0 :houllier::mad:

He knows we were terrible in the 1st half and he changes nothing :houllier::lol:

NO ONE CARES WHAT HAPPENED 12 MONTHS AGO.
Please put this club out of its misery and sack this guy already. Should have been gone a year ago and should still go now. The season is not lost yet.

Foxbatt

There is no point anymore. He is over his depth and I feel sorry for him. The sooner he goes and we get a better manager the better it is for United

jamesjimmybyrondean

Yep. Agree with this but what manager fits the bill

TheDoc

Today wasn't down to lineup or tactics it was the players who let themselves down. This doesn't fall on our coaches, it falls on them. They selected a strong team and a sound setup that should have done better. Problem was, as it too often is with United these days, that the team didn't really start playing until they conceded, until the last twenty or so minutes, and our midfield still lacks that Keano-type leader in my opinion who can contribute from box to box and assert proper authority spurring his teammates on. McTominay and Fred delivers fantastic work rate and are destructive to the opposition, sure, but they don't produce enough going forwards and we don't have a single person out there the others dread to disappoint.

Also, Maguire needs to check his head, considering what an asset he is in the air and how many chances he's had since joining us he should have had a lot more goals, and Pogba... Yeah Pogba giveth and Pogba taketh away, like always. Made a save from their freekick, then handed them a penalty for no reason whatsoever.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Most annoying part is that season is just started. Even first place is not out of reach. But we must react quickly and sack him. Today.

TheGame

Some fans pointed to our run of away games without defeat. It’s a very good record.

But equally, our home form is now very poor. We haven‘t won a home game since Bournemouth at home back in July.

• Man Utd 1-1 West Ham
  • Man Utd 1-3 Palace
  • Man Utd 1-6 Spurs
  • Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea
  • Man Utd 0-1 Arsenal
Ole has got to address the home form soon if he wants to save our league campaign.
The home form is frustrating to say the least especially with good away performances.

Gazza

Here’s 3 I found, plenty more around:

‘I fecking hate the sight of that gerbil’

‘Tired? Sack this useless fool.
Worst manager in my life time. Being owned by our former manager.’

‘feck him. Mourinho and LvG got sacked for less than this useless chirpy idiot. We deserve much better’
You found three posts, posted in the aftermath of us losing 6-1 at home. They are so much in the minority, it is bizarre to keep harping on about them - literally the page one of those quotes is from is stacked full of objective posting and commentary, so for you to suggest it’s part of some larger trend or even vocal minority is laughable, and smacks of you trying to deflect or make a straw man argument against all the legitimate comments about Ole the manager.

TheGame

He’s literally saying we need to do better & get more points on the board, we’ve played 6 games so far and that last year it took us 10 games to get 3 wins, we’ve played 6 games this year (and we have 2 wins)

Aka it’s not good enough & we’re heading in the same direction as last year and we need to improve.

How hard is that to understand? Or does everyone have a hard on for Ole to get the sack? This place man.....jesus
Your wasting your breath mate. This place gets more toxic with every match.

Godfather

He's making excuses as he always does.

UDontMessWith24

Are the Glazers planting bots on the caf to quell the discontent? If so, they're making them fairly obvious to spot.

jamesjimmybyrondean

You may be right actually. Would probably need to watch the full thing but I wouldn't be surprised if he's saying the opposite since he's had quotes like that in the past

TheGame

You found three posts, posted in the aftermath of us losing 6-1 at home. They are so much in the minority, it is bizarre to keep harping on about them - literally the page one of those quotes is from is stacked full of objective posting and commentary, so for you to suggest it’s part of some larger trend or even vocal minority is laughable, and smacks of you trying to deflect or make a straw man argument against all the legitimate comments about Ole the manager.
FFS, :lol: :houllier: I checked a couple of pages and found some. Now you make an excuse and don’t accept them. You were indicating there was none initially. Says it all really. Like I said there’s plenty. more. Open you eyes and read them yourself.

Robbie Boy

The fact that this thread gets non stop bumped right after a bad match when emotions are high and raw means there are a lot of knee jerk responses. I am not saying that the stance of wanting him gone is knee jerk, but many of the posts in this thread are. Personally i was a bit ambivalent about LvG being sacked. A bit unfair, but at the same time the football on display was pretty dire. LvG also dug his own grave with constantly shoehorning Rooney into the side because "the captain always plays".

Ole is far from perfect and today he got it totally wrong. Especially the subs were baffling so its not like he never makes mistakes. Considering he ended up 3rd last season and coming from two excellent European performances he deserves to prove he can turn it around.
Well I'm there in the totally ambivalent camp with Ole. I didn't see many calling LvG being sacked knee jerk after a similar amount of games/similar record. It's not knee jerk wanting Ole gone. Two important things to note about this thread being bumped: 1) It's generally just used as the main thread to discuss Ole and many posts have nothing to do with sacking him 2) It's a personal battlefield for some who use it to gloat and chat shit after a win or defeat. Both stauch sides need to grow up, if you ask me.

Ole is very far from perfect, yes. But unfortunately you have a small minority who won't hear anything negative said against him, which is totally counterproductive. Conversely you have the ones that can't praise him no matter what. It's the hardcore views that cause the toxic shite. Taking our third place finish is fairly simplistic like it was saying Jose finished second. I wouldn't sack him now but I would certainly be reviewing our situation come December or so.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

They didn't run us off the pitch like Palace and Spurs did. But they definitely had the better of it. And we didn't remotely look like scoring outside of a couple of vague half chances and a freak shot that hit their player then their keeper's head off the post.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Absolutly. When we draw/lose this thred is 10 pages bigger in 10 minutes. When we win it is calm.

Pogba was awful. But you can't change 6-7 player who underperformed.
The question is why 6-7 players under performed? Ole chose his system which Arteta nullified right from the off. This is a big reason these players under performed because they didn't know what to do. When a manager sees his system isn't working he has to change it and not carry on hoping things will get better. This is one of Oles biggest weak points. He doesn't know how to tweak the squad to get the best out of his players. If his plan A doesn't work he's lost because more often than not there is no plan B.

Wilt

• Man Utd 1-1 West Ham
  • Man Utd 1-3 Palace
  • Man Utd 1-6 Spurs
  • Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea
  • Man Utd 0-1 Arsenal
Christ ...3 points from 6 last home games

izec

Classic Ole. Impressive win followed by a disappointing loss. He took it as far as he could, no consistency under him. To have that, you need to be a top manager and implement some good coaching, which he isn't doing. Too random, and it wont get better. Get rid already

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He won't be on the same benchmark as last year. No chance last year's form will be acceptable. Just took a look at our next run of league fixtures

Everton
West Brom
Southampton
West Ham

It's a good run. Sure a couple sides are in good form but Manchester United should be capable of dispatching them.
It's ridiculous but I look at that and see 3 potential banana skins. Everton can match us if they show up, Southampton can offer a similar test to Arsenal with their pressing and structured play, whilst West Ham are picking up results at the moment and could easily give us a game.

Problem is December looks like another tough month with little time between a lot of games.

RedIan

Just listening to Goldbridge ranting on United stand on Youtube.. hes been very pro Ole.... hes slating him and saying hes not the man to win trophies..
ive been on the fence with Ole... 2 points out of 12 at home after strengthening the squad isn’t good enough. The inconsistency has gone on for nearly 2 years Under ole... its just not working. Potch wont be available forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.