Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM78

Brighton beat Burnley at home, we go into Everton game in 16th on the back of two defeats and at a stadium we have not won in since January 2018.

I'm so confident in us not winning, so for me at best 1pnt which will give us 8 from 21. ShambOlec

Phil

I somewhat admire how we've improved our squad and wouldn't mind Ole around in some capacity. It's just the performances that have gone to shit. We have no actual style or game plan, every player is out of form all of a sudden and our flight has gone too.

Unfortunately this falls on Ole's coaching ability. We can't keep going from good for a few months to shit for a few months, this isn't progress.

OrcaFat

I like Ole. I don’t think he is a bad coach at all but just at the moment, whatever he is doing is not working.

Sometimes I look at how we are playing and, to me, we don’t look far away. But just as often, we look terrible, I have to admit.

I honestly don’t think the players are good enough. And that is often the case when a manager loses his job. The collective inadequacy of the players gets too much for them and results dive.

Quite possibly one more defeat and Ole will be gone. At this point, even though I never actually changed my vote to sack, I will be relieved that it’s over. I won’t expect us to get better but I'm just fed up.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Poch should have a fair crack at the whip. Ole has had two seasons and 4/5 transfer windows. Poch is a far superior manager to Ole.

If it doesn't work out, you know we can hire another manager after Poch? What's the alternative? Keeping Solskjaer because we are scared to take a chance at one of the most talented coaches in the world. Football has moved on. You can be successful despite changing your manager when needed.
I think the Poch dream that many have would be doomed to fail especially in the short term with this squad. We have very little of the components that made his Spurs (16-17) such a good team. No quality attacking fullbacks, very few hard working energetic players and most crucially for him, no Harry Kane.

el3mel

Journalists actually started to ask him about his job and possibility of being sacked ? Ok that's something new.

R'hllor

:eek: How dare you look at the bigger picture?
Ah yes famous "bigger picture" line, now you can go and make a United Hour podcast MkII like that other guy, that drivel we heard during LvG and here we are, few years later still in a ditch.

PoTMS

Ah yes famous "bigger picture" line, now you can go and make a United Hour podcast MkII like that other guy, that drivel we heard during LvG and here we are, few years later still in a ditch.
Ah, so we keep the failure that is Ole in charge and continue being a laughing stock. No point in changing things ever, right? Ok then.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Feels like the journos are seeing sense and turning on him?

Or had they already? I’ve not paid the most attention to them tbh.

Robbie Boy

Not at the end of the season but yeah, if he’s still crap after a fair crack of the whip... sack.
That’s what most top clubs do till they land on a winner, we just wait, hope and pray our managers will eventually turn it around, cause “”Fergie”.
There's far too much romanticism with managers with us. All of Moyes, LvG, Mourinho and Ole had/have these little fan clubs who refuse to mutter an ounce of criticism against them. When the heat turns up on a manager, they'll simply blame everything and anything to avoid any critique of the manager. When we win it's Ole's genuis and when we lose, it's the players.

I honestly don't get it. I know this sounds cut throat, but every manager should get a fair crack of the whip and be sacked if they can't get us challenging. I've had no issue with any sackings post-Fergie and I won't with Ole either. I don't become emotionally invested with managers and I'll afford all of them a fair amount of time. Big clubs sack managers until they find the right one, that's just how it is. We need to stop with the "but Fergie" stuff. He was a one off and the sooner the better some realise that. Not to mention that times have totally changed.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The problem is Woodward. He doesnt have a single idea about the squad and what kind of manager is needed.

The current manager fails and he looks out for the best available at the time.

It happened after LVG - hire Jose even though they are the complete opposites tactically. Hire Ole just because hes available. Sack him and finds that Pochettino is available.

Always a season of poor transfers before a manager fails aswell.

UnitedFan93

I'm genuinely curious, does anyone really believe he's good enough to be here and will ever be a success? Putting all sentimentality aside, like does anyone really believe he has what it takes to challenge for top honours?

The big troll isn't eligible to respond to this.
I never thought he was good enough for the top honours however I though he was doing a fairly decent job with recruitment and reshaping the squad so I was happy to back him last season. However I think now he has taken this team as far as he can. He has no idea what his best team is, the best formation, the best tactics. We go from playing counter attack one game to high pressing the next. It's clearly evident now that he's been relying on individual brilliance and penalties to win games. It's simply not good enough.

Pochettino is still a big question mark for me, however he's definitely more proven than Ole and has been able to implement a consistent style of play at both Southampton and Tottenham, and over achieved at both on a limited budget. I personally think it's time.

PoTMS

I think the Poch dream that many have would be doomed to fail especially in the short term with this squad. We have very little of the components that made his Spurs (16-17) such a good team. No quality attacking fullbacks, very few hard working energetic players and most crucially for him, no Harry Kane.
We have plenty of quality hardworking players. And yes, every good team has good attacking fullbacks. Our starting two are crap but we have options in Telles, Williams and of course the transfer window. It's not Poch's fault the previous management decided to persist with one that never overlaps and spunk another £50m on one that can't do the bare basics going forward.

Shark

@NotShark
There's far too much romanticism with managers with us. All of Moyes, LvG, Mourinho and Ole had/have these little fan clubs who refuse to mutter an ounce of criticism against them. When the heat turns up on a manager, they'll simply blame everything and anything to avoid any critique of the manager. When we win it's Ole's genuis and when we lose, it's the players.

I honestly don't get it. I know this sounds cut throat, but every manager should get a fair crack of the whip and be sacked if they can't get us challenging. I've had no issue with any sackings post-Fergie and I won't with Ole either. I don't become emotionally invested with managers and I'll afford all of them a fair amount of time. Big clubs sack managers until they find the right one, that's just how it is. We need to stop with the "but Fergie" stuff. He was a one off and the sooner the better some realise that. Not to mention that times have totally changed.
Spot on.

The amount of posters on here that think he should be allowed to lose another few games before he gets the sack is so baffling. As if we aren't already 15th on the table. The time is now ffs.

Eddy_JukeZ

Pretty much.

It's because our fans hope for another SAF situation. Complete lunacy.

PoTMS

Yep. Tried to word it earlier as you just did but failed. United fans in particular tend to forget football is a whole lot different to when Fergie rocked up.

R'hllor

Ah, so we keep the failure that is Ole in charge and continue being a laughing stock. No point in changing things ever, right? Ok then.
Who said that? Regardless of people opinion of Ole as manager, wishing your team to lose or making some imaginery trading by wishing your team to lose so the manager get sacked, isnt acceptable in my book, what kind lame ass bullshit is that. Him being sacked or not shouldnt have anything to do with that.

wolvored

Still standing firm on the ground and saying we should keep going with Solskjaer. Keep going forward. Keep developing.

In Premier League, our results have not been what we hoped for but it is long season. We are not far away teams infront of us. In Champions League we are leading a tough group. One lost game doesn't change that we have started well in CL.
This is what is so wrong. We shouldnt be not far away we should be amongst them. Wanderers and City didnt have a pre season and they have done loads better than us. What guarantee is there we beat Everton, Baggies and Saints in the next 3 games? Ole and Carrick, McKenna and Phelan all need to be moved on.

He'sRaldo

Which ends up making the club's atmosphere toxic.

Ceteris

The theory is we can't breakdown low block teams so this game should be nil nil.

We are awful defending, we are awful going forward, we are awful passing the ball, we are awful pressing, we are awful with our movement

So tell me what is Ole fecking managing day in day out?
I mentioned this a while ago AWB goes forward and without reward but strolls back like we are winning by 5.

Brighton play better football than we are doing at the moment. Not good enough

Times up for ole

MrSingh2002

If Poch can break the low block better than Ole it's got to be done. Otherwise why not grab Ancelotti. He'd get more out of this squad.

PoTMS

Who said that? Regardless of people opinion of Ole as manager, wishing your team to lose or making some imaginery trading by wishing your team to lose so the manager get sacked, isnt acceptable in my book, what kind lame ass bullshit is that. Him being sacked or not shouldnt have anything to do with that.
I don't give a toss what is or isn't acceptable in your book. Him being sacked obviously does have a lot to do with how he performs on the pitch as football is a results business. It is a valid opinion to have, no matter how much of a top red you think you are being by preventing the inevitable.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
I was ready to throw in the towel last season for Ole but quite reluctantly felt he deserved another shot after getting top 4 - albeit with a poor points total - whilst playing some great football at times post-lockdown. But everything we looked as though to be building then just disappeared come start of the new season and we're seemingly back to square one playing around with formations team selections and player roles. It would make absolutely no difference 'pressing the reset button' getting another manager in because Ole has done that anyway 2 years in to his fecking job!

Of course there are loads of other issues at the club and it's annoying cos I love the guy, but last year was his ceiling and as much as I was willing to be patient for him to learn the craft on the job the signs point to him being desperately out of his depth.

We'll probably go and blow Everton away now and he'll get more time but the longer this goes on it will be another season written off, this cycle is just painfully old now.

wolvored

To play devils advocate...

Would you take a 1-0 defeat in Sunday if it meant he got sacked straight after and Pochettino was brought in.

The alternative is a win/draw and Ole lives to fight another season with the same old shite we've seen for the last 2 seasons.
Id have Hasenhuttl if I had a choice, but if that panned out that ole went, then yes

R'hllor

I don't give a toss what is or isn't acceptable in your book. Him being sacked obviously does have a lot to do with how he performs on the pitch as football is a results business. It is a valid opinion to have, no matter how much of a top red you think you are being by preventing the inevitable.
Having an issue with people wishing their own team to lose isnt top red you mentalist.

KekiZeki

We cant discuss change of manager whenever a minuscule result doesn't go our way.

always_hoping

That stat is a strange one. On the evidence of tonight one would wonder how United went on such a run at all.

OrcaFat

Lose against Everton and he’ll really be under the cosh.
I think he will be sacked if we lose that one. Not too long ago I would have said that was crazy but it feels different now. It feels like it’s spiralling and there’s no way out any more.

Untd55

To play devils advocate...

Would you take a 1-0 defeat in Sunday if it meant he got sacked straight after and Pochettino was brought in.

The alternative is a win/draw and Ole lives to fight another season with the same old shite we've seen for the last 2 seasons.
Yes, I would definitely take a loss against Everton if he got the sack. There is no point in continuing with this futile venture when it is obviously a failure.

It will really affect people's entertainment if they continue with something that they know doesn't work.

He is going to be sacked eventually, but the sooner the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.