Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frix26

*regrettably* I feel Ole has had his time. Brendan Rogers for me.....and bring his scouts with him

Mainoldo

Problems lie way above Ole. If he goes the problems will remain. The club needs a total restructuring.
Nope. It really is just Ole... Klopp has structure problems but he still makes Jota work (Not the guy he originally wanted).

el3mel

Keane called it a few weeks ago.

The players are doing what they did to Mourinho and throwing him under a bus that gathers pace every week.

Whilst, I will wholly accept that Ole isn’t help himself, the players need to take a long sharp look at themselves.

We’ll be having the same conversations in 2 years whoever comes in
Aren't these the same players who defeated RB 5-0 and PSG at Paris ? And got him 3rd last season, which was 3 months ago or something..

dove

Aren't these the same players who defeated RB 5-0 and PSG at Paris ? And got him 3rd last season, which was 3 months ago or something..
When we win, it's the manager. When we lose, it's the players. It has always been like that with Ole.

Mainoldo

The players are doing what they did to Mourinho and throwing him under a bus that gathers pace every week.

Whilst, I will wholly accept that Ole isn’t help himself, the players need to take a long sharp look at themselves.

What players? We had a cultural reboot. This is a new group of players.

Pav1878

I've resigned myself to us being mediocre for 20-30 years, just like Liverpool were.

We will go through several mangers before we find that great coach who will take us back to the top. Liverpool go their man finally but had to go through a fair few before that happened.

Poch will likely come in and do ok before getting sacked. Then another and another until 20 years have gone by. It's nearly ten already.

Eventually a really good manager will become available and win the league with us. But there aren't any managers available at the moment of Klopp or peps level.

Robbie Boy

When we win, it's the manager. When we lose, it's the players. It has always been like that with Ole.
This is done on here in such an unsubtle manner that it's crazy. I literally saw one of his biggest supporters on here - I won't name names - throwing it back on the players tonight. The same poster was basking in his managerial genius after the Leipzig game. This staggering lack of objectiveity is mystifying.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don’t think Ole would take it. He’s proud. Being sacked now will crush him. He’ll go back to Norway to live out his days as a Norwegian league winning hermit.
I don't know how he'd react to be being sacked. I'd imagine he wouldn't be pleased about about it, but at the same time, I'd like to think he'd be realistic about the situation and accept he wasn't doing a good enough job to remain in charge.

In any case, I'd like to see him stay on in offical capacity as member of the coaching team or preferably in the DoF role. It's not far beyond the realms of possibility he ends up in that role either, I mean, the board were considering the likes of Fletcher and Rio for the position, so why not Ole?

He'sRaldo

Not that many Mourinho players out there.

DubaiReds

Nope. It really is just Ole... Klopp has structure problems but he still makes Jota work (Not the guy he originally wanted).
I see what you are saying but Liverpool also changed their club structure roughly around the time Klopp was appointed it was a bit of a root and branch job which we also need to do

Roboc7

I suggested Ole for DOF last season before the lockdown. Overall we have the strongest squad we have had since Fergie, it just isnt coached right. Ole can oversee transfers in and out. Would be a good way to end his management and moving him 'upstairs' would be good for him as well not to be thrown out of the club he does love.
No point giving him a job he is even less qualified and experienced to do but who knows this club could be stupid enough to do it.

He'sRaldo

I think the sentimentality is coming to the fore now. So many saying "I love Ole but..." or "I really wished it would work out but..."

Shows that ultimately we weren't able to evaluate him without that bias. That's the danger of hiring an ex legend.

Crustanoid

It all comes down to the owners.

We should not accept mediocrity anymore.

Ole should go but Glazers out should be the bottom line

Robbie Boy

I think the sentimentality is coming to the fore now. So many saying "I love Ole but..."

Shows that ultimately we weren't able to evaluate him without that bias. That's the danger of hiring an ex legend.
Most are able to judge him on what he's been appointed to do - and paid millions for - which is to manage the team. Most can separate Ole the player and Ole the manager. The problems indeed do start with posters who can't seperate the two meaning they can't see the wood from the trees.

He'sRaldo

Rashford, Pogba, Martial. Is enough.

You know, the ones you’d really look to for a massive performance when it’s needed.
Pogba didn't start, Martial scored, and Rashy had a quiet night after playing a key role in this competition in the prior two games.

Sorry mate, but can't always put it on the players. Especially not when there are different players out there over the years, and we've undergone a so called cultural reboot.

ex and

Let’s face it, even if he gets a result on Saturday, will we be more consistent in the future? We have no formation.
Over a year ago, he wanted to increase our match fitness, presumably to press our opponents all over the pitch.
It‘s not happened. Arteta has had Arsenal for how many months (?) and they were outstanding to press us on Sunday.
Diamond formation completely failed on Saturday..so let’s try it again tonight against a very mediocre team. Why?
I give up..loved him as a player, out of his depth as a manager.

KcB32

The problem is Woodward. He doesnt have a single idea about the squad and what kind of manager is needed.

The current manager fails and he looks out for the best available at the time.

It happened after LVG - hire Jose even though they are the complete opposites tactically. Hire Ole just because hes available. Sack him and finds that Pochettino is available.

Always a season of poor transfers before a manager fails aswell.
How much more do you expect from transfers and at what point do you expect a manager to show signs of improving the team he has?

We couldn't defend properly, so we spent $130M on AWB and Maguire, yet we're still clueless defensively.

We couldn't create chances, so we spent $100M on Bruno and VDB, yet we still can't break down teams that sit back.

It doesn't matter how much more we spend, there is no progression in how we defend, attack, move, or create. We rely too much on penalties and individual brilliance.

He'sRaldo

Most are able to judge him on what he's been appointed to do - and paid millions for - which is to manage the team. Most can separate Ole the player and Ole the manager. The problems indeed do start with posters who can't seperate the two meaning they can't see the wood from the trees.
I think those were the majority at least at the beginning. I know I backed him for quite a while, in part due to his history with us.

Although to be fair, he did make a lot of good changes initially, but has taken us as far as he can.

Nico87

Just so we're clear, are you laughing at the idea of United being a big club or the frankly suspicious typo?
The implication that Spurs aren’t. I was hoping somebody would come and lecture you about the Dairylea room at their new gaff. I didn’t even notice the typo.

Dearg hÉireann

Completely agree with all of that.

Truth is, we're absolutely doomed to failure no matter who the manager is, it's as obvious as night and day.

Club is a complete shambles on the actual bit they need to be good at, ie; football side of things. I'm sure other clubs fans think we're a spoilt bunch but for me personally, I'm at the point where I'm just so angry at the way our club has become a laughing stock. There's no getting away from it, until the glazers sod off we're fecked.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
But there aren't any managers available at the moment of Klopp or peps level.
I think there are, but they don't have the same opportunities. Klopp was afforded a LOT of time and support, and although people say "you could see what he was trying to do" and all that, he still didn't really get them very far for the first 3 seasons.

Klopp was a 2nd tier manager who got Mainz promoted, and yet it's practically unthinkable that a CL PL club would give anyone like that a chance in the same circumstances - you're talking Dyche/Potter/Hughton/Howe type managers there. Rodgers is probably the only one that had that chance, and that was down to two factors: Liverpool were barely finishing in the top 6 at that point in time, and there was a fetish for employing Mourinho minions like they were little clones of him.

The problem with United seems to not be the quality of the staff really - but the lack of a plan. There's been no visible attempt to bring in players/managers that fit a common theme, it's just been a case of slapping a manager in place (regardless of style of management or play), sign a bunch of names to suit their system, fail, rinse, repeat.

Imo there's a lot to be said about how the likes of Potter and Hasenhüttl have teams playing, and given better resources (e.g. players and finances) I reckon they are very much the types of managers who would do well at CL-level clubs.

OrcaFat

I don't know how he'd react to be being sacked. I'd imagine he wouldn't be pleased about about it, but at the same time, I'd like to think he'd be realistic about the situation and accept he wasn't doing a good enough job to remain in charge.

In any case, I'd like to see him stay on in offical capacity as member of the coaching team or preferably in the DoF role. It's not far beyond the realms of possibility he ends up in that role either, I mean, the board were considering the likes of Fletcher and Rio for the position, so why not Ole?
He would do a great job, I feel.

But it will be a terrible emotional shock for him to go from 3rd place and optimism about building on that to being sacked in such a short space of time. It often happens that way of course.

These pro managers are tough men, they have to be, but being sacked by the club that is almost family to you must be cataclysmic. Maybe the bond between Ole and Utd is strong enough to survive it but I don’t know. It’s all too terrible to think about.

K Stand Knut

Pogba didn't start, Martial scored, and Rashy had a quiet night after playing a key role in this competition in the prior two games.

Sorry mate, but can't always put it on the players. Especially not when there are different players out there over the years, and we've undergone a so called cultural reboot.
Ok.

So Pogba couldn’t have tried any harder when he came on.

Rashford can’t have 3 games in the same competition where he plays well.

And, Martial scores from an absolutely woeful array of defending and did absolutely sod all else in the other 93 minutes.

The body language and behaviour of the players is almost identical to the last few games of Jose’s tenure.

Ive also pointed out that Ole hasn’t helped himself and have thought for weeks that he has the look of a man who is expecting the inevitable. Just like Jose did.

Like you said ‘a so-called cultural reboot’. Tonight, and Sunday and every game we have dropped points in this season looked like they had rebooted back to 2018.

OrcaFat

Truth is, we're absolutely doomed to failure no matter who the manager is, it's as obvious as night and day.

Club is a complete shambles on the actual bit they need to be good at, ie; football side of things. I'm sure other clubs fans think we're a spoilt bunch but for me personally, I'm at the point where I'm just so angry at the way our club has become a laughing stock. There's no getting away from it, until the glazers sod off we're fecked.
Yes I sympathise fully.

keithsingleton

Wow close to 60/40 now in the poll. Won't be long before it's 50/50 at this rate. It's all very sad for us fans no matter what camp your in.

Lee565

If he doesn't go soon we could soon be allowing even more clubs catching up/jumping ahead of us for the next few years like arsenal, Leicester and even everton with a manager in Ancelotti that is able tempt class players to join him that would have never joined everton.

K Stand Knut

Unforunately, I don’t even think we can blame the Glazers.

We have spent over £1bn since they arrived.

The one thing we have really got wrong since Fergie went is the attitude of the players and the players having the right mentality.

Unfortunately, Ole doesn’t appear to have the balls to bollock them, which after the first 2 goals tonight, I could not believe. He should have been apoplectic

Robbie Boy

I think those were the majority at least at the beginning. I know I backed him for quite a while, in part due to his history with us.

Although to be fair, he did make a lot of good changes initially, but has taken us as far as he can.
I've always separated the two. I don't allow myself to become emotionally attached to managers as it'll lead to me not being able to be objective. As a player, I have the most amazing nostalgic memories of him and that era for us. As a manager I'll appreciate some of the positive changes he's made.

But yeah, ultimately he's not good enough and has taken us as far as he can. It's hardly a mammoth failure for him. What percentage of managers are good enough to get us back to where we aspire to be? A very small percentage. It's no shame not being cut out to be a top level manager as very few have that level of ability.

He'sRaldo

Ok.

And, Martial scores from an absolutely woeful array of defending and did absolutely sod all else in the other 93 minutes.

The body language and behaviour of the players is almost identical to the last few games of Jose’s tenure.

Ive also pointed out that Ole hasn’t helped himself and have thought for weeks that he has the look of a man who is expecting the inevitable. Just like Jose did.

Like you said ‘a so-called cultural reboot’. Tonight, and Sunday and every game we have dropped points in this season looked like they had rebooted back to 2018.
Trying harder won't unlock a low block. Did you see how hard Bruno tried? Still shite.

It's telling that the only chance we created was from "an absolutely woeful array of defending". And it's been happening consistently since last season, and even before then. It's simply more of the same, the only difference is that 2 years have gone by.

Robbie Boy

Crazy to think that 8 days ago loads in here were calling for this thread to be closed. Shows how wildly inconsistent we've been under Ole's tutelage.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He is close to the edge now. A couple of more defeats and he will have managed to get sacked. I thoroughly unipressive reign.

Baneofthegame

Ok.

The players and manager need to be held to account, we rotate constantly, change formation constantly and the players look like they’ve never played competitive football at times.

It’s shocking from both sides.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The implication that Spurs aren’t. I was hoping somebody would come and lecture you about the Dairylea room at their new gaff. I didn’t even notice the typo.
Oh, someone like @GlastonSpur

Spurs are a small club and always will be.

Cheese rooms, big or small, do not change that fact.

K Stand Knut

Trying harder won't unlock a low block. Did you see how hard Bruno tried? Still shite.

It's telling that the only chance we created was from an absolutely woeful array of defending. And it's been happening consistently since last season, and even before then. It's simply more of the same, the only differrence is that 2 years have gone by.
I’m not sure what your point is now but the overall lack of even pretending to want to win is beyond me.

Ultimately, only way person will pay the price for what has happened since the start of September. I’m struggling to find reasons to argue against that now but I almost guarantee that we will be in the same situation in 2 years with this current squad

Status
Not open for further replies.