Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

He'sRaldo

A large part. Again what's your point?

We also had brilliant players with top mentality. But no that didn't matter at all?

SAF also didn't win the league every season, coincidently the seasons our squad was weaker (strange).
This is what you said earlier, relevant part in bold:

You say that like it's only one thing holding us back (the manager).

Of course it's largely down to the players. It's OK to want the manager out while at the same time think these players aren't good enough (ability or mentality wise) to win a title either. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

That's what I disagree with. At least for Sir Alex you realize that results by and large are for the most part down to the manager in charge. Moyes inherited a title winning team with top mentality etc. Yet he came 7th, and performed disgracefully.

The results will always be down to the manager.

OrcaFat

Really sick of all the bollocks spouted by pundits and a lot of fans. Since OGS was manager we’ve had the best post Fergie period by a long shot. The current buzz words are “leadership” and “style of play” it’s all total bollocks. We’ve had some fantastic highs under Ole, the best since Fergie in my view. If he can coach and set up a team tactically to beat the big boys like he has numerous times perhaps we need to look to our saints and hero’s who are the players as to why they just don’t turn up for the lesser games. It’s a disgrace the disrespect OGS gets in the media and by many on here. I just hope we smash Everton tomorrow and get back on a good run then all these experts can pipe down a bit.
I fully agree. If anyone has to ask what’s bollocks about it, they’re probably clueless themselves.

Jackal

A large part. Again what's your point?

We also had brilliant players with top mentality. But no that didn't matter at all?

SAF also didn't win the league every season, coincidently the seasons our squad was weaker (strange).
So why is Ole signing players with zero mentality.

The richest club in England is stuck 15th on the table. I don't remember SAF ever finishing lower than 3rd in the PL era.
At the very least, the current United squad should have beaten Crystal Palace and the Turkish team.
Rafael, in that game, had more balls than all our players stacked together - that says a lot about the kind of players Ole has signed.

I look at the current squad and I think none of them gets into the 07/08 team that started the CL final in Moscow.
Maguire is a liability, AWB has no positional awareness, Daniel James doesn't have the quality to start in our reserves.
Pogba is the scapegoat when things don't go right conveniently forgetting he's playing among a bunch of chumps.

Ole has lowered expectations so much some of our fans would excuse relegation in the name of "clearing up the mess left by Jose".

el3mel

Considering we're very pessimistic about tomorrow, we're in for a very good win tomorrow I believe. It always goes this way, right ?

AshRK

Poor people here still expect the board to show some balls and sack him. I would be hugely surprised if he is going to be sacked even if we lose tomorrow. They will continue to dither and we will find another brief purple patch and everything will look fine till the next poor patch hits.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
This is what you said earlier, relevant part in bold:

That's what I disagreed with. At least for Sir Alex you realize that results by and large are for the most part down to the manager in charge. Moyes inherited a title winning team with top mentality etc. Yet he came 7th, and performed disgracefully.

The results will always be down to the manager.
It's just nonsense.

Put SAF in charge of my Sunday league side and we won't even win the local league. That's down to me and the rest being terrible players, nothing to do with the manager.

You are trying to make out that I don't blame Solskjaer at all for our poor start to the season. Far from it. I just don't have the idea that everything is 100% down to him like you do and think all will be solved just by getting rid.

Rolaholic

100% agree with this, it just doesn’t matter. The Glazers are obviously clever people but it makes you wonder having been here many years you’d think they must know the structure ain’t working as we’ve been through 3 managers already and they 4 is on the verge....
Honestly I don't think they care all that much about the winning trophies/on pitch performance as much as we'd like as fans.

They seem to have set the bar at UCL qualification and nothing more so long as the money keeps rolling in so there's little interest in actually making sure the club is ran properly. Kind of like Arsenal of the late Wenger years.

It's just sad that the next fall guy is someone who loves and actually gives a feck about the club like Ole instead of the leeches and dunces making the decisions.

He'sRaldo

It's just nonsense.

Put SAF in charge of my Sunday league side and we won't even win the local league. That's down to me and the rest being terrible players, nothing to do with the manager.

You are trying to make out that I don't blame Solskjaer at all for our poor start to the season. Far from it. I just don't have the idea that everything is 100% down to him like you do and think all will be solved just by getting rid.
You seriously underestimate the position of manager, ironic I'd say given the club you support.

For what it's worth, maybe it's not 100% down to Ole, but that's irrelevant at this point because he's not here to simply tread water. And at the end of the day, it's much more efficient to get one top class manager to carry 11 individuals, than to get 11 world class players to carry a subpar manager.

Barthez

We’ll beat Everton tomorrow so let’s all get behind our manager. He isn’t getting sacked regardless. There is a long term plan in place so the faster we get used to it and stop bitching for a new toy the better.

Judas

Open to offers
At this point it's blindly naive to believe the club truthfully see Ole as the long term future of this football club. They know it, and we know it, he isn't.

Slysi17

We’ll beat Everton tomorrow so let’s all get behind our manager. He isn’t getting sacked regardless. There is a long term plan in place so the faster we get used to it and stop bitching for a new toy the better.
You really think we are doing anything of note this season. Won't even make top 8 and will be knocked out of the champions league in the round of 16 if we are lucky. You are in cloud cuckoo land if you think Ole won't be sacked after that.

Barthez

You really think we are doing anything of note this season. Won't even make top 8 and will be knocked out of the champions league in the round of 16 if we are lucky. You are in cloud cuckoo land if you think Ole won't be sacked after that.
No he won’t be sacked IMO as I firmly believe that Woodward actually wants to see him succeed and see through the long term plan.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yeah the players that actually go on the pitch are 0% responsible for any result.
Of course not and i didn't said that. But most of things regarding team is on manager. He is 50% of squad.
Good/excellent manager will make players better. Good manager will find a way to make the best from 20 players that he has. Good manager will prepare team better. Good manager will know in which area team is weak and in which area team is strong. Good manager will outsmart opposition manager.
That is why some managers overperform with their squads and some fail with much better players.
Opinion about Ole by people like you is that he needs 11 top players and then this team will play some superb football. It is rubbish excuse.
This team must dominate in most of games. Dominate! And we look like bottom table team.

Meh, i really hope that in 48 hours this thread will not exist anymore.

Wilt

Wondering how you know he isn’t getting sacked?

el3mel

No he won’t be sacked IMO as I firmly believe that Woodward actually wants to see him succeed and see through the long term plan.
There's no long term plan. I don't think Ed will sack Ole for few months but it's just because he knows it'll be his third failed appointment and even when his job isn't in danger, he'll start to look stupid. Ed's protecting his ego, that's all in it.

Slysi17

Well if that was the case Ole would of been backed in the transfer window by buying Jadon Sancho and a centre back. It's blind faith to think Woodward and co will stick with Ole after this season. Evidence suggests Mauricio Pochettino being our manager is almost certain.

Barthez

Well if that was the case Ole would of been backed in the transfer window by buying Jadon Sancho and a centre back. It's blind faith to think Woodward and co will stick with Ole after this season. Evidence suggests Mauricio Pochettino being our manager is almost certain.
United were never paying that kind of money for Sancho in these times regardless of who the manager was!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm very 50/50 on him at the moment and I'm not letting my view on other managers change my view on it.

My problem is that we started the last season just like this and this suddenly changed to a PL winning team type of performances.

People say that was just due to Bruno but literally everyone was playing well and cohesive like a well constructed team aswell.

I remember how Rashford, Martial and Greenwood were pressing very well like a proper team. That wasnt there at the start of the season either.

Could this change? We cant be wasting our time like this but if this changes it does change for the better aswell.

A very confusing situation where we feel like we havent got the right set up yet, all our players yet- however it could all line up for a good run. We looked non energetic and not creative at start of last season aswell.

Purely 50/50 though & I'm not surprised to see the votes a bit similar too.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
We've had Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho, all proven to different extents in this league or at a high level. Yet you think we waited for Solskjaer to make it a long term plan with untouchable status? Why would we do that? We heard the same for Moyes and yet he was gone before the season was even over. Van Gaal wins the FA Cup... sacked soon after. Jose wins 2 trophies, finishes second and is sacked the following season.

You don't follow that by bringing in a completely unproven manager and guaranteeing him safety, no matter what, for the long term. We'd have to be absolutely bat shit mental. Not to mention how we appointed him on a whim after a fluke of a result in the CL, going completely against our briefing that he was temporary and we would undertake a rigorous recruitment process. Ole was never intended to be the manager, certainly not an untouchable one at that.

Besides, I've heard it might already be over for him.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Both players and Ole are at fault but I still.put the blame on Ole. So what if our defending is atrocious? Our team still needs to scoring goals. One think I see consistently is our inability to break down opponents. Every team is the premier league knows how to play against us and they know how to defend us. That's a worrying sign to me. We can lose a goal here and there but we need to outscored the other team. Players needs to feel confident that we have the tactics to beat our opponents. Why are our players hanging their head down? Why is there no motivated to attack? Sadly the players has lost confidence in Ole. Once we conceded a goal, they have no confidence to win. We concede a goal to Arsenal and our coach made tactical changes that has zero impact to the game. Ole has lost the dressing room, players no longer feel confident of getting any results and that translate to the actual performance. Whatever Ole say in press, it is just dead man walking. Thanks for laying the foundation? Time to leave this beloved club, go back to Norway and enjoy time with your family. You are not cut out to be a top manager. A good footballer doesn't equate to a good manager.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
At this point it's blindly naive to believe the club truthfully see Ole as the long term future of this football club. They know it, and we know it, he isn't.
It's a charade. Journos, fans, even he must know by now. It's highly ironic tomorrow could finish him, after his defiant speech last year at Goodison.

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

So much potential for this to age like milk

OrcaFat

Remember what you posted here. One of us is going to look stupid in a few months.

Amir

But who is responsible for the squad being weaker? Fergie got some things wrong after 2003 and we did suffer for it for a few years. It wasn't the fault of Tim Howard, Kleberson or Bellion that they weren't good enough. It was the fault of the man who brought them in.

The manager buys players, picks his lineup, coaches his team, chooses tactics... He can't play for any of the 11 on the pitch, but he is responsible for everything that happens. In some matches things can go wrong even if they do things right, which is why clubs don't tend to let managers go after a couple of matches. But if they can't get it right over a stretch of a time, then it's their responsibility - and their head.

patty123

There is a long term plan in place so the faster we get used to it and stop bitching for a new toy the better.
You mean like dumbass woodie's long term plan when he gave moyes a 6 year contract. It's all very well mouthing off about long term plans when theres substance behind it, but as seen with other managers here and not gotten the players they were after, woodie's long term bollox is just what it is, soundbites to appease shareholders and to some extent, certain parts of the fan base.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
There's going to be a turnaround with the poll if we lose tomorrow.
It really shouldn’t matter. You can’t play like he has against Palace, Spurs, Brighton, Chelsea, Arsenal, Istanbul etc.. after two years in the job and turn it round with a win at Everton.

We are going nowhere win or not. I will support the team tomorrow, but he needs to go for the good of the club and the best interests of our assets who aren’t being coached properly.

It’s not just wasting time, it’s damaging the future of our squad.

wolvored

Thats great as long as he finishes in the top 4. If not or is a long way off by xmas he will be gone.

Slysi17

Remember what you posted here. One of us is going to look stupid in a few months.
I will admit if we somehow get top four and do well in the champions league with Ole I will admit yep I was wrong. But I just can't see it. As soon as the news broke in the Manchester evening news that we approached Pochettino the writing is on the wall

Marcus

Ole's basic philosophy is this and he has said it many times I believe. We have very good quality players. Just work harder than our opponents and we will win. This is rather simplistic. For instance, if we play a midweek game and Everton doesn't, is it realistic that we will be in a position to out-work them? Surely there must be strategy and tactics to come into play as well. I hope we see some of that. Otherwise please make way Ole.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
When i remember Ole as manager, I'll remember him as stabilising our club after the turmoil of Mourinho's departure, for that I'm grateful.

When asked to progress further than that though, he talks a big game but is ultimately unable to actually put any of what he says into practice in reality.

Hence why after two years we still look as clueless vs any not wide open defence no matter the opponent, as the first day he joined.

Not his fault he's not a top manager, but he's taken us as far as he possibly can. How much of everyones time do we want to waste with this charade is the question.

Last edited:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
It's just nonsense.

The fact that we can get wins against the bigger clubs and still lose to the smaller ones means that the players aren't as bad as you're describing.

Main fact is that the team looks poorly coached and come out playing with no idea what to do beyond counter attacking and generally coming out to play each week like it's the first time they're playing with each other weekly. That's largely down to a lack of quality coaching or Ole just can't get through to the players to get them to commit fully against not just the big teams, which is not a good sign for him either way.

pass.pass.pass

Ask yourself what other Premier League teams would take him as manager?
Maybe Burnley, if they can afford to find him fowards as talented as Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood, and options in midfield like Bruno, Pogba, VDB, Fred and Matic. And a 180m defense. And two WC GKs. They, too, would be 15th in the table in that case.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ask yourself what other Premier League teams would take him as manager?
You wouldn’t know until he’s available. 54.46 win percentage with United so far. Why wouldn’t a single team trying to take him as manager with that stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.