Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma_87

You know who
As expected another false dawn. We’re bound to have another mediocre season :)

dove

I’m not being funny but can you spell out the narratives you’re speaking about.

What sums up Ole’s reign? Spell it out so I can look at how many times it has happened.
Beat the teams that try to play football against us and draw/lose against all the others that set up to counter. It has always been happening with Ole and hasn't improved at all in 2 years. Everton today were pretty stupid, they should have gave us the possession and countered, would have had much more chances to win.

el3mel

I think after this match though, he'll stop with all the experiment of new formation and he'll stick with Bruno, Fred and Scott as his main midfield in 4-2-3-1.

It seems after all this is the only formation he can use efficiently and these are the players he trusts the most whenever he needs a win.

So I think we'll stick with this for a while.

Eriku

It's not a false down we have a manager with no consistency. Solskjaer is very one dimensional, if the requirement is on the opposition to attack we absorb pressure and hit on the break. Outside of this we have absolutely nothing else to offer. The only thing that will keep Ole his job this season is going on runs and hoping that the opposition this season will be garbage because I reckon we will not exceed points in the 60's range this season.
Was there a commitment on Everton to attack when they were leading 1-0?

Dr. StrangeHate

How many times have we seen this movie?

Needs a win to save his job, gets it. Losing points and being out of the title race by end of November coming up after the break. Don't go away.

Sylar

Ole is prime Fergie and the players perform when there's a lot of pressure
Need that every game as it is United

Enigma_87

You know who
The players clearly want Ole to remain in charge.

Everytime they get an inkling he may be in trouble, they pull out all the stops to prevent the situation from worsening. And once they feel he's safe once again, they'll take their foot off the gas.

Every. Single. Time.
Why wouldn’t they? Absolutely no pressure to win and on astronomical wages.
The owners also clearly have zero ambition when it comes to success on the pitch so it’s a win win for everybody.

Paul_Scholes18

We got 2 home games against Istanbul and WBA after international break. Have to win those. I believe that’s 8 away wins in a row now so we need to start winning at home.
It is bloody insane though. Why are we so bad at home? Is it a mental block even without the fans?
I guess the players feel they should win more at home and feel more relaxed away from home?
Still not sure it makes sense without fans.
The home pressure should be more with fans I think and normally they give a boost instead by supporting the team.

Eriku

The players clearly want Ole to remain in charge.

Everytime they get an inkling he may be in trouble, they pull out all the stops to prevent the situation from worsening. And once they feel he's safe once again, they'll take their foot off the gas.

Every. Single. Time.
They like Ole more than they like winning. Kinda messed up.

criticalanalysis

Good or even very good performance all things considered.

Currently, giving his all in the post-match.

Sigh. I love the guy and he's saying all the right things but I don't want to hurt again by hoping.. :(

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Not getting sacked anytime soon. It will be decided when we are out of the champions league and can’t make top four. Which is astonishing because if we do only make top four without a trophy, he should still be sacked. That is how low our standards is under Ole. This isn’t the United I know anymore.

Untd55

We had a good season last year!
No, we didn't. We had to claw ourselves out of a crap position because Solskjaer didn't set up the team properly. He put us in that poor position, so I don't know how he gets praise for it.

It was a very forgiving league last season. We were in a better position than any of our opposition (except City and Liverpool), and we needed them to collapse to do anything.

meamth

I stayed away from CAF when we lost to avoid negative atmosphere around the club.

Ole, please sort out our home form. Win at Old Trafford, and we can go achieve great things.

RUCK4444

Yes they were.

We finished third and did well in the cups.

What... what do fans expect?
They don’t even know. Becuase we weren’t finishing second or first last season. So what did they want? :lol:

They want peak Fergie. Don’t we all, there’s just a thing called reality that makes that difficult.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
No, we didn't. We had to claw ourselves out of a crap position because Solskjaer didn't set up the team properly. He put us in that poor position, so I don't know how he gets praise for it.

It was a very forgiving league last season. We were in a better position than any of our opposition (except City and Liverpool), and we needed them to collapse to do anything.
Last year we had significant injury problems, a horrendous amount of decisions against us and a low net spend and we still finished third and the last English team in Europe.

We went out in the league cup and the Europa after playing very well.

Wayne's World

Prolonging the inevitable like always...

Sooner he goes, the sooner we can move on to better things. Everton were absolutely disgraceful today, I'd be fuming If I was an Everton fan with that pathetic performance

edgecutter

We had a good season last year!
No we didn't. When jose finished second, we weren't all celebrating. We realised we were way off the pace and had to improve. Most of us wanted jose gone after the sevilla game in the champions league.

Yet, ole is praised after spending nearly 200 million getting third. The standards have truly dropped.

Flexdegea

Not getting sacked anytime soon. It will be decided when we are out of the champions league and can’t make top four. Which is astonishing because if we do only make top four without a trophy, he should still be sacked. That is how low our standards is under Ole. This isn’t the United I know anymore.

If only we could aack you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You more Poch than a United fan

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
No we didn't. When jose finished second, we weren't all celebrating. We realised we were way off the pace and had to improve. Most of us wanted jose gone after the sevilla game in the champions league.

Yet, ole is praised after spending nearly 200 million getting third. The standards have truly dropped.
Yes cuz with Jose we had clearly gone backwards whereas last year Ole took a massive step forwards. I mean.. that was surely obvious to everyone?

meamth

Why do you think we are so bad at home?
The early fixtures I believe it's because of fitness.

When we got fit, it may be players perform badly or Ole mishandled the formation. (He learnt his lesson diamond won't work at home in the premier League)

Still, I can see the team is behind him and I as a fan will always support him. I believe in his long term vision.

RUCK4444

We literally lack a whole lot of things, our attacking cohesion is that of a top-10 side at best, Brighton keep the ball better than us. With our playing material, we should be blitzing other teams every other game - but we never do. Counter attacks in the 75th min doesn’t count.

Great win today against a weak Everton-side without Richarlison and an unfit James, but that’s the game.. sometimes we’re lucky, sometimes were not. Bruno should be off with 20 mins remaining, but again, we were lucky.

Solskjær needs the sack, so a win today probably delays the inevitable, but c’est la vie. Quite the rollercoaster though, if Doucoure puts that shot away he’s sacked in the morning.
Our attacking cohesion was great all last season with multiple players on 20+ goals, getting us to 3rd place.

We shared 50% possession away from home today and we should have scored 5 easily when you think of missed chances and a stone wall penalty we weren’t given.

Everton were pretty much full strength, pundits were saying so before the game, they had no excuses there.

Again, I come back to it, we are an inconsistent side, a young side with arguably only one single leader on the pitch in Bruno.

Once the consistency is there I believe we have proven we can mix it at the top of the table.

edgecutter

Yes cuz with Jose we had clearly gone backwards whereas last year Ole took a massive step forwards. I mean.. that was surely obvious to everyone?
And this year we are going backwards when the league is there to be challenged for. Liverpool and city are not going to run away with it and we will look back on this year as a missed opportunity because for some inexplicable reason we 'owe' ole another season. It just boggles my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.