Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

We were literally bottom half when he took over and recouped a massive amount of that money whilst decreasing the wage bill drastically.
Wage bills for the last few years, for anyone interested (NB players' salaries are cut by up to 25% in years with no CL participation):

2015/16: £232m
2016/17: £263m (no CL participation)
2017/18: £296m
2018/19: £332m
2019/20: £284m (no CL participation)

It will be interesting to see what the wage bill has increased to this season, now that we are in the CL again.

Enigma_87

You know who
Your going on about winning things, if we won a cup this year you would be happy with Ole?

Nonsense, you and others would still campaign against your own manager for his sacking.

None of us really care a massive amount about domestic cups at this stage, we all want consistency in the league and to challenge.

We finished as high as ANY manager would have last season. Nobody was finishing higher than third against City and Pool last year.

I agree 3rd is nothing to be over the moon about but it’s something to build on. We’ve actually had a better start this season after today’s game than last season.
It’s up to you to believe what you want. I don’t care about a good run (even Wolves had one last year) and end up empty handed - you don’t care about winning cups. And yes I loved it when we won the FA under van Gaal because we hadn’t done so in ages.
Last year we had one of the worst starts of a season in decades, again under Ole, and now you are going to praise him for having a little better one? :lol:
Couple out years ago we were much better than Pool, yet just because we appointed a crap manager we’re supposed to get used to mediocrity?
Well that’s not the way I see things, if you do - again you can believe what you want but we will never be on the same page.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Wage bills for the last few years, for anyone interested (NB players' salaries are cut by up to 25% in years with no CL participation):

2015/16: £232m
2016/17: £263m (no CL participation)
2017/18: £296m
2018/19: £332m
2019/20: £284m (no CL participation)

It will be interesting to see what the wage bill has increased to this season, now that we are in the CL again.
For Ole to cut literally 50 million of our wage bill, pre getting rid of Sanchez shows how much he has done for the future of this club

Giggsyking

It's a shame we aren't run like a proper footballing club these days. Because a proper footballing club would have brought in a better manager a long time ago, in addition to never appointing this one in the first place. On we go with another pointless win to continuously push back progress. 1 loss in the short run to get a better manager in or continuously wallow in the delusion that we are going anywhere as a club, I know which one any rational person will choose. We are going downwards and nowhere else, slowly and gradually becoming a 4th-7th place team. A bit like Everton during Moyes' heyday. We should bring him back.
He is shite, but he is sure better than Ole.

Infra-red

For Ole to cut literally 50 million of our wage bill, pre getting rid of Sanchez shows how much he has done for the future of this club
Most of the reduction is due to not participating in the CL last season. We are yet to see what impact Solskjaer has had on the overall wage bill and whether or not it is less than in, say, Mourinho's last full season. It will be interesting to see the Q1 results to compare.

RUCK4444

It’s up to you to believe what you want. I don’t care about a good run (even Wolves had one last year) and end up empty handed - you don’t care about winning cups. And yes I loved it when we won the FA under van Gaal because we hadn’t done so in ages.
Last year we had one of the worst starts of a season in decades, again under Ole, and now you are going to praise him for having a little better one? :lol:
Couple out years ago we were much better than Pool, yet just because we appointed a crap manager we’re supposed to get used to mediocrity?
Well that’s not the way I see things, if you do - again you can believe what you want but we will never be on the same page.
Simply pointing out we finished third (as high as we could) last season and we’ve actually had a better start this season than we did last season.

Despite the hysteria. Southampton are top of the feckin league, we just beat the team who were about to go top easily.
Nothing to go crazy about but likewise most fans are going on like it’s the end of the world.

Winning a cup would appease nobody if we don’t improve on last season, myself included.

Eriku

You have many fans around here targeting the title. At least that was the ambition when we hired Mourinho. Everyone knows Jose is not the one to stay 10 years at one place so normally when you hire someone like him you expect title challenge?
That’s exactly what I said? I said most sane fans were expecting a title challenge. You’re the one who said the expectations for Mourinho were title or bust.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Most of the reduction is due to not participating in the CL last season. We are yet to see what impact Solskjaer has had on the overall wage bill and whether or not it is less than in, say, Mourinho's last full season. It will be interesting to see the Q1 results to compare.
Any idea where you got that CL news from?

FahadiHossein

I think today was more of Ancelotti's tactics and some luck for United. Ancelotti is not known for changing his tactics and style of play often, and he played a game that directly fell into United's strengths. In fact, United always plays well when defending a deep block and having an that opponent closes down in their own half, rather than in United's own half.

We will only know during the WBA game and I am sure that Bilic will set up a low block with fast forwards.

McTerminator

It's pretty simple, you get the next guy in. Liverpool went from Benitez to Hodgson to Dalglish to Rodgers and then got Klopp.

Do you think it would've been sound to say "okay, so we sack Hodgson, what do we do when the next guy comes in and fails?" and expect the answer to be "hmm well then sacking has been proven to be ineffective so keep Kenny until the end of time.

Our situation right now is very much like the one we took the piss out of Liverpool for being in. Club's in a slump. Manager's not to blame, everyone's blaming the American owners, team's raising their game against good opposition but regularly fails to beat the cannon fodder. Now we, too, have resorted to hiring a club legend as manager and are in a situation where we may need to consider sacking said legend, with many fans opposed to doing it for no better reason than "I loved him as a player" and wishing him to get sacked as manager would somehow make someone less of a United fan, or something. It's all just very familiar.
it is, but my main point is... didn’t Liverpool change owners during that period before they became successful?

not saying we have to change owner to change manager, quite the opposite, but changing owners would help.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Feck off with that disrespectful shite. Not thinking hes good enough is fair game, but going out of your way to write that in instead of just "Ole" makes you look like a plastic
So saying the truth is disrespectful these days?

meamth

For once though I'm really glad we're getting into the international break without a shitty lose before to keep us raged during these 2 weeks.
You've changed Elemel. I kinda like your posts even more these days.

Yeah. Agreed. If we lost would've skipped CAF for 4 weeks!

Infra-red

Any idea where you got that CL news from?
The news that non-participation in the CL, results in a reduction in player salaries? It is written in the club's own financial reports.

Last season, with no CL participation, the wage bill was £284m. In Mourinho's last full season (when we did play CL football) it was £296m. Given that the reduction in player benefits can be up to 25% in some cases in years without CL football, it seems likely that last season we were running at a higher baseline than 2017/18.

We are comparing apples and oranges though, and will need to wait for the Q1 results before we can begin to see what impact (if any) Ole has really had in reducing the wage bill.

hobbers

Can you not remember how bad we were under Mourinho?

Can you not remember Sanchez/Lukaku/Mikhitaryan standard of football? Or Bailly? Or the MOTM today signing for 50 million under Mourinho and not getting a look out?
Yes I remember how bad things got under Mourinho. His worst was worse than Ole's so far, no doubt. But overall Ole is no improvement in terms of playing attractive football, and obviously no improvement on results. Compare Ole's full season with Jose's 81 point finish. Where's the difference in style? If anything Ole has been more effective than Jose in setting up as the underdog and less effective at beating weaker sides. They favour the same formation with 2 holding midfielders. Ole's first three signings were all players who are really poor in possession and suit teams who don't want to have the ball. They both also share an inexplicable love for McTominay and, at least until Bruno arrived, Lingard. And they both quickly grew to hate Pogba.

The wage bill is going to shoot back up with CL bonuses this season. De Gea's new contract and Maguire comfortably cancel out any saving from Sanchez. Ole has done nothing to the wage bill, although that's not really his remit anyway.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Great time for a win, and a good post game conference too, creating a siege mentality is very important.

"Lads you've seen how happy they are to see us fail. Piling on Harry, Mason, making shit up about Bruno, and sharpening their swords waiting on me to get the sack, lets fecking do something about it then yeah?"

Well done today.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No, people are devastated because failed Cardiff manager will now continue with ruining this clubs future. 3 points are great, every win is great but in a long run (which Ole fans look the most) Ole is disaster for this club.
Today's game changed nothing. He again proved that he knows to kill opposition team's game and in games like that he is like fish in water. But in 90% other games when we need to dominate, he is bad as it gets.

Now, with NT break plus couple of easy games after that, we will lose month or two to save a season.
:lol:

rotherham_red

No, people are devastated because failed Cardiff manager will now continue with ruining this clubs future. 3 points are great, every win is great but in a long run (which Ole fans look the most) Ole is disaster for this club.
Today's game changed nothing. He again proved that he knows to kill opposition team's game and in games like that he is like fish in water. But in 90% other games when we need to dominate, he is bad as it gets.

Now, with NT break plus couple of easy games after that, we will lose month or two to save a season.
Cry more

Xaviboy

If he doesn't get top 4 this season then needs to go. I'm sure that board wont accept it financially anyways.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I can actually understand now why @sammsky1 made that thread. I still strongly disagree with the way he went about it, but can see the reason behind it.

Weekend ruined for some people here.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
Let's see how many pages we see here after the win just as an expirement. I bet 5. Compared to 30 after the loss against arsenal.

Not fully satisfied with this win but good nonetheless. We needed that. International break will do us a world of good. Poor from Tony and Rashy. Rest were good. Bruno was on another level entirely.

always_hoping

Seven Premier league away wins in a row, scored 20 goals and conceded 4. Sorting out the home form should be the objective now as that's where the really inconsistent problems are

jamesjimmybyrondean

I'm not going to complain after a win. Both sides played a bit meh today but we got the win which is important. What's the most important is that we keep progressing season after season but we started this season no different from last season with the inconsistency. I think the win definitely gave him more time and a loss would have had him sacked and I'm fine with either. Let's see how it goes against the upcoming games involving lower oppositions and whether things will change.

FatherWolff

Given Oles chosen lineup today....

He deserves the sack if we lose.

He deserves maximum credit if we win.

Because that looks like a shit lineup on the face of it. Either we're all idiots or he's the idiot today.
I guess we are all idiots then. Works for me.

Acole9

Outstanding
Ole is going to be the leader of our football team for many years to come.

Robbie Boy

Let's see how many pages we see here after the win just as an expirement. I bet 5. Compared to 30 after the loss against arsenal.

Not fully satisfied with this win but good nonetheless. We needed that. International break will do us a world of good. Poor from Tony and Rashy. Rest were good. Bruno was on another level entirely.
Grand win, nothing more. Good to see Cavani get off the mark and Maguire looked better. Bruno was on a different level. Don't think he was getting sacked either way today. By the end of December, we should have a clearer indication where we're at. We have some very winnable games coming up.

The game itself wasn't one of major quality. Everton - despite their strong start - have looked fairly poor lately. I thought they were terrible today and offered nothing in the final third. They had DCL up against two centre backs on his own and he was left chasing shadows. Nevertheless, it was a much needed win coming into the international break. Changes nothing either way in reality. Can't see any way he's getting sacked before Christmas.

NJM78

Third despite key player injuries during long stretches of last season. Now six points off PL top, despite starting this season with a handicap. Those binding their happiness to a new manager incoming are facing challenging times :-)
The new manager will be here before the season ends, I'm sure of it and yes I cannot wait!

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think the pressure is on the team to definitely find some consistency as right now everybody can see us for how inconsistent we are. Our inconsistency never really came to light until today. It's why we didn't get any whoop whoop threads and over the top cockiness from Ole supporters after the game.

What we should be looking at now is whether we can find consistency. Our next run of games between now till December should be enough to show that and that for me should decide whether Ole keeps his job because it's not sustainable that we only play well when Ole is facing the heat and that's not progress from last season.

90 + 5min

I'm sorry that your feelings when we win are not the same as when we drop points. I'm sorry that you are not happy when we win. I'm sorry that your hate towards a man is bigger then love towards your own team. I'm sorry that you see the negativity instead of positivity.

Who needs enemies when you have fans that hate the club they say they love.

Your drumming about failed Cardiff manager doesn't bite. Everybody fails somewhere, if you can call it failing. Even your favorite managers.

I hope that your evening still can be good despite us winning.

Mainoldo

I think the pressure is on the team to definitely find some consistency as right now everybody can see us for how inconsistent we are. Our inconsistency never really came to light until today. It's why we didn't get any whoop whoop threads and over the top cockiness from Ole supporters after the game.

What we should be looking at now is whether we can find consistency. Our next run of games between now till December should be enough to show that and that for me should decide whether Ole keeps his job because it's not sustainable that we only play well when Ole is facing the heat and that's not progress from last season.
You sound like a broken record!! We will lose and win and you’ll say if only we can get consistent we will be fine. We never be consistent under Ole.

Epicdash

Ole has potential to be a top class counter attacking/adapting to opponent type of manager. The only two games we lost playing as the underdogs from the beginning under Ole are Liverpool (A) and Barcelona (H). The fundamental problem is he and his staff need to coach this team to break down weaker sides better while defending efficiently as well.

NJM78

And if we really want to go into trajectories.. We had 40 points from 21 games under Ole in 18/19.

So under Ole:

18/19: 1.90 ppg
19/20: 1.74 ppg
20/21: 1.43 ppg

"Upward trajectory"
Yeah but we started this season with a handicap and we are the only team who struggle with no crowd and pandemics, we this and we that...excuses galore.

Poor Ole how does he do it with so much going against him.

GailSpaceWynand

Grand win, nothing more. Good to see Cavani get off the mark and Maguire looked better. Bruno was on a different level. Don't think he was getting sacked either way today. By the end of December, we should have a clearer indication where we're at. We have some very winnable games coming up.

The game itself wasn't one of major quality. Everton - despite their strong start - have looked fairly poor lately. I thought they were terrible today and offered nothing in the final third. They had DCL up against two centre backs on his own and he was left chasing shadows. Nevertheless, it was a much needed win coming into the international break. Changes nothing either way in reality. Can't see any way he's getting sacked before Christmas.
Yup yup agreed with all things posted here. Game was cagey as hell and first 20 mins looked like it's gonna be a bore draw. The Everton goal changed everything. Everton have now lost 3 in a row.

We have to go on a run now and iron out the inconsistencies. Let's see if Ole can do that like he did after lockdown. Fingers crossed.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
So saying the truth is disrespectful these days?
"The truth"....

Cardiff is hardly a PL giant, both times they have been promoted in recent years they have been relegated again the following season and when he took over they were in deep shit. Did he do well? No, but is it really relevant today?. Its like calling Klopp "failed Mainz manager" Its utterly daft. Besides, like him or not as a manager, Ole is still a club legend, so why go out of your way to call him derogatory nicknames?

And even if we accept the premise that he failed as Cardiff manager, its a bit cnutish to use that against him years later. I have a friend who once shat himself at a party while he was in bed with some girl. Drank to much and had a sketchy kebab and when he tried to sneak out a fart he literally shat the bed. We could have called him "party pooper" for the rest of his life, but we dont because that being a cnut

GailSpaceWynand

"The truth"....

Cardiff is hardly a PL giant, both times they have been promoted in recent years they have been relegated again the following season and when he took over they were in deep shit. Did he do well? No, but is it really relevant today?. Its like calling Klopp "failed Mainz manager" Its utterly daft. Besides, like him or not as a manager, Ole is still a club legend, so why go out of your way to call him derogatory nicknames?

And even if we accept the premise that he failed as Cardiff manager, its a bit cnutish to use that against him years later. I have a friend who once shat himself at a party while he was in bed with some girl. Drank to much and had a sketchy kebab and when he tried to sneak out a fart he literally shat the bed. We could have called him "party pooper" for the rest of his life, but we dont because that being a cnut
Common sense in this cesspool of shite? You don't belong here mate.

Irwin99

The rest of November could be a good period for him, even taking into account a potentially tricky game against Southampton. It's December that looks very tricky with the amount of games and the potential pressure. Going into the New Year again with the same atmosphere as at the same period last season will be awful as I doubt any January reinforcements are on the way this time.

We've been here a million times but I think if he can navigate December with a decent win average and a CL knockout stage qualification he'll have the job for the rest of the season (and longer if he meets the targets).

Status
Not open for further replies.