Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

We didn't dominate the game today. We were just super compact and organized well in second half. I mean we didn't really them. It was a compact, tight and well professional performance for most part.

RedorDead21

I think there is better out there. I think that much is obvious. But, from where we were, lost in every sense of the word with Mou, I think he was the right man to steady our ship. We’re much better aligned to our core values as a club now if someone else has to come in and take over. Anyone following Mou with no United DNA, would be hard pressed when looking around them to identify what the hell we stand for!

OrcaFat

We didn't dominate the game today. We were just super compact and organized well in second half. I mean we didn't really them. It was a compact, tight and well professional performance for most part.
We dominated the first half but were knackered in the second. We dominated in chances and shots and managed to keep defensive control when they had more possession. Considering the praise Everton got after their start to the season, you’d think more people would be pleased with how we played today.

PoTMS

He's consistently inconsistent and for that he should be let go. We have a much better squad that he can manage.

el3mel

We dominated the first half but were knackered in the second. We dominated in chances and shots and managed to keep defensive control when they had more possession. Considering the praise Everton got after their start to the season, you’d think more people would be pleased with how we played today.
I'm pleased. It was a good all around performance for me, and we tactically managed the second half really, really well, won't say we dominated or thrashed them though, and Everton have lost their last 2 league games by the way.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
I really doubt some of our fans here. I mean it's OK to respect great opponent managers but to almost worship the leader of the scouse cnuts? Pathetic. Also I just said he didn't compare them. I guess some aren't really happy we won today..

The delusion of some of these Ole In people is something else.

If two years is not enough for you to realise the guy does not know how to design and execute an attacking play style where we dominate and consistently win against the small clubs, how long do you think he needs?

We have a relatively young squad but it's at a stage where we should be winning things. If we don't get rid of him, we'll be at the rebuild stage before we can challenge for the league.
What small clubs? We've lost to arsenal and drawn to Chelsea. Over the past few months we've lost to just a handful of small clubs (none of our semi exits were against small clubs).

Infact since Bruno we've consistently beaten low block teams apart from a few that we've not been able to.

GailSpaceWynand

To play devils advocate...

Would you take a 1-0 defeat in Sunday if it meant he got sacked straight after and Pochettino was brought in.

The alternative is a win/draw and Ole lives to fight another season with the same old shite we've seen for the last 2 seasons.
Top red indeed.

MrSingh2002

Kopp overhauled a complete squad with no1 remaining.

Oles not quite there yet and if he'd have been backed in the summer properly with Sancho and a centre back it would have been a fair to compare them.

Klopp was allowed to spend big on a number of players too. We need to see us challenging for the league within another season for Ole to keep up with Klopps Liverpool trajectory.

PoTMS

I disagree. If that were true we'd be seeing more unique people coming out with reverts but it's not. It's the same group making multiple posts (empty pots.. et al). It is knee jerk and hardly consistent if views are not changed after multiple evidence to the contrary.
I’m not sure you know what knee jerk means at this point.
Take a day off. I understand you must be frustrated we won.
For a second, I thought you finally found out what knee jerk meant. It appears you're still struggling to grasp the concept.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Not bare minimum, surely? City are a bit inconsistent as well, by the way. We spent modestly this window, despite recognised weaknesses in the squad so it’s odd to argue about spend just now.

Still, the inconsistency is infuriating at times. But take into account the late start to the season, enforced changes and uneven quality of the squad then it is not a shock at all.
In an ideal world, you'd want your players consistently performing to a level that reflects their cost. It doesn't work that way, of course. Some meet expectations, some exceed them, and some fail to deliver. It's, what, 50-50 (a guess on my part) on whether a player will succeed at his new club, the probability of success rising with their cost. The trouble is, we haven't recruited a single-player post-SAF that has performed anywhere close to their transfer market cost besides Bruno. Something like 30 players with only one of them proving to be an unequivocal success, and in that time we've spent north of £1 billion on new players. In lies the problem.

We're just as unpredictable now as we have been at any point post-SAF. Ole has built our best team in the post-SAF era, on paper at least, but he seems to be incapable of motivating to perform consistently well every week, just like LVG and Jose before him. For me, he's reached his limit on far he can take this team, maybe it's time to step aside and allow a superior tactician to lead them forward.

M16Red

pre today’s win
... sack 1329 votes
... keep 1869 votes

Currently
... sack 1329 votes
... keep 1875 votes
Still in the sack vote for me, I've had enough of watching this team fall to pieces as soon as a team is hard to play against or his square blocks in round holes teams.

We have quality yet Ole has small little sacks to complete the task.

GailSpaceWynand

For a second, I thought you finally found out what knee jerk meant. It appears you're still struggling to grasp the concept.
:lol:

You must be really gutted we won today digging up old posts to get in personal digs having nothing to do with today's match. But hey if that's what keeps you up at night so be it. Cheers.

Idxomer

I will change my vote when the team doesn't go full half forgetting how to pass the ball.

PoTMS

:lol:

You must be really gutted we won today digging up old posts to get in personal digs having nothing to do with today's match. But hey if that's what keeps you up at night so be it. Cheers.
Eh? I'd never heard of you before a few days ago until you embarrassed yourself claiming everyone was being super mean to Ole (without any actual evidence) and pretending to know what knee jerk meant. It is literally the opposite of knee jerk when people are still unhappy despite winning. It seems you still don't know what it means. Anyone with a braincell can see this result is part of the boom bust cycle we used to take the piss out of scousers for. I'm happy to win but feck am I gonna get giddy for when we'll just end up rolling over against WBA in a few weeks. And come again, who was it that first dug the old post?

GailSpaceWynand

Eh? I'd never heard of you before a few days ago until you embarrassed yourself claiming everyone was being super mean to Ole (without any actual evidence) and pretending to know what knee jerk meant. It is literally the opposite of knee jerk when people are still unhappy despite winning. It seems you still don't know what it means. Anyone with a braincell can see this result is part of the boom bust cycle we used to take the piss out of scousers for. I'm happy to win but feck am I gonna get giddy for when we'll just end up rolling over against WBA in a few weeks. And come again, who was it that first dug the old post?
What does that discussion have to do with what happened today? Do you have any reasonable point to add about today's game? Cause I haven't see any yet.

And as for that point I'd made. Please read again. I was comparing knee jerk fans I've seen here flipping after single result. (and it still continues btw) I don't know why you took offense to that if you have been vehemently anti Ole since the start. I was talking about both extremes - those who change opinions after every game and those who stick by theirs despite evidence to the contrary. I'm ole in and I admit there's tons ole needs to do to get us where we want to be.

I didn't dig your post. I was going through the thread and found a few actually hoping we lost and found it preposterous and hence called it out.

Edit: also calling out the fact that pe teacher and failed Cardiff manager (actual words used by a lot here) are hardly justified insults for a ex player isn't the same as saying everyone is being super mean to Ole. Very few idiots engage in that sort of talk.

Last edited:

Dr. StrangeHate

If Ole after these 100 games had established a defined style of play like Klopp did, I'm sure more people will support him
I don't know why people keep saying this but we do have a defined style of play.

Counterattack against teams that attack us. And rely on individual quality to beat teams sitting back. The quality of our squad will ensure we win quite a few matches.

Issue is above style will never win us the league, it can get us top 4 and perhaps some cups.

Castia

Always just seems to hold on, I’m sure he’s been on his ‘final’ game 2-3 times now.

Buzzing with the win today but part of me is dreading the thought of Ole seeing the season out, not making top 4 and in the meantime Poch taking a job elsewhere. Feels like one of those moments we might look back on and think ‘feck’.

I just think Ole is done here, he took us to third which was great and also reshaped the squad for the better but ultimately to take the next step we need to move on.

Last edited:

Will Singh

It's not just about Ole in or out, it can be there's a better manager in the market and we need to improve. It's not much different from any other thing from upgrading a player to upgrading your car, if it's broke fix it if it's not broke leave it alone!

OrcaFat

In an ideal world, you'd want your players consistently performing to a level that reflects their cost. It doesn't work that way, of course. Some meet expectations, some exceed them, and some fail to deliver. It's, what, 50-50 (a guess on my part) on whether a player will succeed at his new club, the probability of success rising with their cost. The trouble is, we haven't recruited a single-player post-SAF that has performed anywhere close to their transfer market cost besides Bruno. Something like 30 players with only one of them proving to be an unequivocal success, and in that time we've spent north of £1 billion on new players. In lies the problem.

We're just as unpredictable now as we have been at any point post-SAF. Ole has built our best team in the post-SAF era, on paper at least, but he seems to be incapable of motivating to perform consistently well every week, just like LVG and Jose before him. For me, he's reached his limit on far he can take this team, maybe it's time to step aside and allow a superior tactician to lead them forward.
Yeah maybe. I’m on the edge of agreeing with you. I’m not quite convinced that any so-called superior tactician that we are able to hire would actually fare better in the long term. Maybe.

LJJT

If Ole after these 100 games had established a defined style of play like Klopp did, I'm sure more people will support him
Not aiming this at you but I am sick of reading about klopp and how you could “see what he was trying to do” or his “style of play” it’s absolute bollocks. They had potential, they where hit and miss then they spent massive on a keeper and VVD. Surprise surprise they become really good. They won’t be as good this year without VVD I assure you. All I could see prior to these signings was celebrating draws with West Brom

Wittmann45

Incredible to see that. Be interesting to see Klopps performance in the following 50 or 100 games since then.
Or even interesting to see a break down in record over the first 50 games versus records in games 51-100. Maybe Klopp really struggled in his first full season (say his first 40-50 games), perhaps more than Ole, but in his second/third he drastically improved.

iato89

Another month of mediocrity upcoming !! Thats how fickle our board is, basing a manager by game to game basis.

Foxbatt

I am extremely happy that we won but it doesn't change my mind that we need an up grade on him. I am not sold on Poch as some others.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I honestly can't remember how Liverpool were playing in his second season. He improved on his first years league position from 8th to 4th... but only got that by one point with a win on last day of season.

He definitely hadn't sorted the team (to what we see now) - Milner (36 PL apps), Clyne (37), Lovren (29), Lallana (27), Can (26), Mignolet (28), Matip (27), Klavan (15!!) - still evolving?

No VVD, Robertson and TAA only started 2 PL games.

As you say, it was probably the "progress" that the Liverpool board could see that meant they didn't make a knee-jerk second season decision. The next season, they got Salah, Robertson and VVD... All crucial to Klopps plan/style?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Or even interesting to see a break down in record over the first 50 games versus records in games 51-100. Maybe Klopp really struggled in his first full season (say his first 40-50 games), perhaps more than Ole, but in his second/third he drastically improved.
26 W, 14 D, 10 L so don't think it was shit first 50 then some huge jump up next 50...

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Not aiming this at you but I am sick of reading about klopp and how you could “see what he was trying to do” or his “style of play” it’s absolute bollocks
It really is. His team needed a fair amount of time, and quite a few signings, to become what it is. All this crap we have to read about how a great coach would improve what he's inherited, conveniently ignoring how many signings both Pep and Klopp needed to make. Those teams were built as much as they were grown.

Status
Not open for further replies.