Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yea, if we had much more ambition, Ole would be gone by now. At the moment, if Ole won the champion league, he will get a statue and 10 year contract
I only hope there's any will to live left in the players, once Ole has sucked the life out of them all.

Last edited:

The Hilton

Utter nonsense able Jose in this thread, under him we'd have played no better and lost the game 1 or 2 nil

binary bot
Ive been Ole in because he's doing a good job of transforming the squad and if he was sacked this season, he'll have been a net positive overall; but im struggling to see where the potential long term squad development outweighs his clear deficiencies as a coach any longer.

OleBoiii

We won and were the better team against a defensive team that defended well. Not much more to say.

On to the next one.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Happy with the performance, WBA bar the non-penalty shout were contained very well by our defense. Created multiple chances on the other end and should have won 5-1 if Martial had his shooting boots on. Things are looking up and we’re rolling finally it seems. Bilic had no answers to Ole setup today (who’s supposed to be a worse manager according to some).
So you're comparing a manager who has spent over 300m with a hell of a lot better squad to Bilic with his championship level team? The lengths so people go to to justify todays type of performances really is delusional.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Moyes didn't have results. Lvg played boring football. Jose played defensive football.

Now we have a manager who doesn't have results, plays the most boring football since SAF and plays most defensive football since SAF. And he is our future? He needs time?

soapythecat

Luckiest manager in the league. Awful tactics and clueless in game management.
Much needed 3 points but we are going to get smashed again soon. We are not an enjoyable team to watch.
Get Ole out.

edgecutter

The performance was poor and I am not too confident with Ole but I don't trust this board to take the right decision at the right time.
A competent person in charge of the footballing decisions would have never employed him nor would keep him on. Look what bayern did last year when performances were poor, they sacked the manager and brought in someone else and won the champions league.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I've reached the point i did with LvG. I'm just sick of watching us play the same dull shit over and over.

I can't fathom how anyone can watch these games and be okay with it.
You're not the only one. Sadly it seems like we're just going to have to wait until the players revolt before the club finally acts. What I would do to see this club show some ambition again...

He'sRaldo

People have given the excuse that even if Ole goes, we won't win anything under this leadership, and honestly I'm starting to agree.

The fact that they haven't sacked him yet means they're so utterly clueless about football, we're basically fecked.

united for life

Did you see Spurs against the same West Brom a couple of weeks ago? Needed a last minute goal and could have easily lost the game.

Why do people have this idea that all other teams are playing great football for 90 minutes? Do you want us playing 11 men behind the ball like Spurs today?
i guess people just watch to criticise. “Poor tactics from the manager”... our problem is inconsistency not poor tactics. Apart from bruno, i dont know who will show up. Martial and Marcus didn’t today. Lazy, sloppy, poor!

OleBoiii

We were wank, and needed a handball & VAR retake to beat WBA at home. Utter utter wank again.
Both teams were wank. We were less so.

It's these sort of games we need to start winning consistently. It's been Ole's biggest issue up until now. For the last 20 or so games of last season he cracked it, so I expect him to crack it again soon.

AshRK

A competent person in charge of the footballing decisions would have never employed him nor would keep him on. Look what bayern did last year when performances were poor, they sacked the manager and brought in someone else and won the champions league.
That's why I don't trust the board. They dither a lot and will waste the whole season. Ole's ceiling is top 4, That's it.

PoTMS

Did you see Spurs against the same West Brom a couple of weeks ago? Needed a last minute goal and could have easily lost the game.

Why do people have this idea that all other teams are playing great football for 90 minutes? Do you want us playing 11 men behind the ball like Spurs today?
Why do people always act as if people's outrage is due to this game in isolation? FFS don't act dumb.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
What Bayern never replaced all those lazy underperforming players under Kovac? The problem at our club is so obvious for all to see.

el3mel

It's WBA at home. I mean these are the kind of games we should be expecting 3 or 4-0 wins, comfortable night and entertaining watch. For any big team this is it, and otherwise it raises questions, but well, not for United anymore I guess.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Ha ha, what a surprise.

We were wank, and needed a handball & VAR retake to beat WBA at home. Utter utter wank again.
It was an OK performance but OGS was really let down by Martial and Rashford who should have both scored within the hour, and if they had we'd have comfortably won 4-0.

When we win our game in hand vs Burnley and we will be within 3 or 4 points of no1 in league. Not bad for our worst start since Queen Victoria.

Am happy enough with the direction we are heading.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think the players have lost faith in him. There was a tweet about six weeks ago saying they felt they were not coached by him attack wise. In other words they were suggesting that it was up to players to be creative themselves rather than there being a collective attacking at play.

Everything goes through Bruno. We are relying on individual brilliance rather than collective brilliance.

I dont think Poch will solve it. We need someone like Ten Hag or the Southhampton manager or Nagglesman (even though we hammered them). They coach team their teams to cut through teams as a unit. To systematically break down teams working as an attacking team.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I've reached the point i did with LvG. I'm just sick of watching us play the same dull shit over and over.

I can't fathom how anyone can watch these games and be okay with it.
I wouldnt be okay with it if it was indeed the same thing over and over. It isn't. We've had some very good performances recently, and this was simply a scrappy win against a team that defended quite well.

It wasnt fun to watch, and it wasn't a performance to be excited about, but let's not have the illusion that this doesn't happen with all the other teams too, because it does.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
People have given the excuse that even if Ole goes, we won't win anything under this leadership, and honestly I'm starting to agree.

The fact that they haven't sacked him yet means they're so utterly clueless about football, we're basically fecked.
That's defeatism to me. I don't believe that at all. We've got a very good squad now, so even if the leadership are clueless, if we get a proper manager in to extract the most out of them, we will go places 100%.

Don't forget the Liverpool fans were saying the same things about their owners before Klopp.

Look at Bayern under Kovac, then the same players under Flick the next season, to see what effect a poor manager can have.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Both teams were wank. We were less so.

It's these sort of games we need to start winning consistently. It's been Ole's biggest issue up until now. For the last 20 or so games of last season he cracked it, so I expect him to crack it again soon.
I'm less than convinced if I'm honest.

We've been poor all season long, what makes you think he'll get this team playing anywhere close to expectations?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
4 managers later and I still don’t see a pattern in our play. We are dreadful to watch.

Whenever Ole goes, I don’t think I’d care as I have no faith in any manager anymore :lol:

meamth

Ole outs are taking the piss here.

What game were you watching? We had many chances, not scoring more than 1 goals doesn't mean we're at LVG level.

Be fecking grateful we won at Old Trafford after such an abysmal form at home. Win first, get the confidence back at Old Trafford.

Smores

I wouldnt be okay with it if it was indeed the same thing over and over. It isn't. We've had some very good performances recently, and this was simply a scrappy win against a team that defended quite well.

It wasnt fun to watch, and it wasn't a performance to be excited about, but let's not have the illusion that this doesn't happen with all the other teams too, because it does.
Those good games are the exception but we'll continue to have as many shit ones under Ole.

This squad is too good even for an average manager to not have any good games. We're going nowhere.

edgecutter

If bruno gets an injury I think ole is done for. That guy is the glue keeping the show going.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

What game were you watching? We had many chances, not scoring more than 1 goals doesn't mean we're at LVG level.

Be fecking grateful we won at Old Trafford after such an abysmal form at home. Win first, get the confidence back at Old Trafford.
:lol: This is what the standards of Man United have come to.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
They were passionately posting at half time, desperate for the team to lose.

PoTMS

And whose fecking fault is that?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Agree. We are not on LvG's level. Lvg's level is few levels above this shit. First we must reach Moyes level to catch LvG level.

OleBoiii

We've been poor all season long, what makes you think he'll get this team playing anywhere close to expectations?
Because we were great for 20(+) games with essentially the same team, except with a weaker bench. We shown glimpses of the same greatness in Europe and in a couple of PL games, but it's obviously not enough. I guess I just have a feeling that we are slow starters(again). Last year it was lack of player quality. This year it was lack of a proper pre-season.

Chairman Steve

We are pretty much at the two year mark with OGS now, and I have no idea what hes doing to progress this squad outside of seemingly try to buy all the individual good players to offset any need for a functional tactical system, and just brute force every other team by having as many ridiculously talented individuals in the squad as possible.

If Bruno can’t dig us out, it’s Rashford, and then if not him, then Greenwood, then Martial, then Cavani, then Pogba.... then... feck it lads, take a shot from 30 yards and see if it goes in!

They were passionately posting at half time, desperate for the team to lose.
Always desperate to win, always desperate for that to be the start of something special.

After 2 years it’s clear we’re just shite and this manager is taking us nowhere.

Some of our fans like yourself have accepted mediocrity, you are an absolute dream for this board, owners and manager.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Today we've seen Jose mastermind Spurs going to the top of the table with a win vs City.

Whilst VAR scraped us a home win in a horrible performance vs West Brom.

Nothing to see here....
Erm majority of Redcafe wanted Mourinho to get sacked too. So not sure what point you are making.

Status
Not open for further replies.