Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Said months back this will be a long painful season with lots of in-fighting.
He's not good enough, his staff aren't good enough. It is that simple.

JG3001

I think he gets a huge rub of the green on those 50/50 VAR decisions, it was the case in our league form, post lockdown. That’s why many weren’t convinced of the 3rd place.

If people think relying on penalties to scrape wins this often is progress, then I really do worry for this fan base.

Wilt

Back in Norway, that’s where.

For the first time in my 16 years of supporting the club, I stopped watching a game at half-time yesterday. The club has lost all sense of ambition and is completely adrift.
:lol:
Spot on!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The Spurs game has adjusted Ole's mindset, just as the Leicester defeat impacted LvG. United were clearly off the pace the first few games without a pre-season and he should discount those games.

Ole, it seems has forgotten how good United played immediately after the lockdown and if I remember correctly had a better points ratio than Liverpool and City playing with a swagger with Bruno, Pogba putting smiles on the faces of Martial and Rashford.

Ole, if he really wants to mirror Sir Alex needs to have a reset and play to win rather than not to lose which is the case at present.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Im not sure what a manager can do when his forwards miss such easy chances at such critical moments. If Martial scores on 20 mins, we'd be up 2-0 at half time and probably won by 3 or 4. We were never really threatened, except for the woodwork, and their GK was MoM.

Anyways, win our game in hand vs Burnley and we will be in the leadership pack. Very satisfactory, given the unavoidable slow start to the season.
Finish those two chances and the last 20 mins are more of an obligation rather than people sitting on the edge of their seats and fearing the worst. And that's exactly what has been our issue in the past few games. Rashford 1 v 1 miss vs Everton, Martial miss vs Everton in the start, Rashford miss vs Mendy and so on. The difference between a bang average average performance and a good performance is ultimately down to how clinical you are. If there's one goal in the game, not just WBA, even a league 1 team will make your life hell in the last 10 odd minutes.

JG3001

Remind me of his CV
A quick wiki would give you it all, but if you can’t be arsed:

Molde 2010 - 2014
Cardiff 2014 - 2014
Molde 2015 - 2018
Man Utd 2018 -

Last trophy was effectively the Danish version of the league cup in 2013, won the league in 11 & 12.

Got Cardiff relegated & poor form in the Chanpionship meant he was sacked to stop the rot.

His second stint at Molde I don’t really care, but nothing of note appears worth mentioning.

You be the judge of his time at United, but I’ll give you a clue, average at best.

Mainoldo

I don't think people that think Ole is doing a good job knows the type of pressure he's in. He came to us as the most under qualified manager post Fergie. He's CV was never good enough to manage a top club like us. When you hire someone like that in such an important role he has to do something remarkable to erase the doubts people have in him due to being under qualified. Zidane won three champions league in a row and a league for people to start rating him and even there are still a number of Madrid fans that says he's not good enough and was carried by a good team and Barca's decline.

A coach who is massively under qualified to coach us would always have all eyes judging his every move and be in the hot seat. Standards have truly dropped if you're wondering why Ole is under this much criticism
Very true in what you’ve said there.

JG3001

Finish those two chances and the last 20 mins are more of an obligation rather than people sitting on the edge of their seats and fearing the worst. And that's exactly what has been our issue in the past few games. Rashford 1 v 1 miss vs Everton, Martial miss vs Everton in the start, Rashford miss vs Mendy and so on. The difference between a bang average average performance and a good performance is ultimately down to how clinical you are. If there's one goal in the game, not just WBA, even a league 1 team will make your life hell in the last 10 odd minutes.
But the fan base changes it minds on these players on a weekly basis. One week they’re the best thing since sliced bread, next they’re utter garbage. Anyone with half a brain can see that their finishing at the top level is awful, Welbeck-esque I would say. To hit it at the keeper so often, when either side would result in a goal, is criminal. I’d also note that neither of them can dribble or hold the ball up to save their life. Kick and rush footballers...

Last edited:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Love Ole as a person and a player. However, I'm slowly starting to question his decisions and mindset as a coach. Still hoping he changes tact and turns it around. However, I somehow sense there is no cohesion within the squad.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I've said it before but Ole's ceiling is relative to the quality of the squad. Have the 6th best squad in the league and we will end up 6th or less. Have the 4th best squad in the league and we will end up 4th or less.

Of course there aren't plenty of managers that can get their team to perform more than the sum of its parts but I think a manager like this is what we need under our current ownership if we want to win league titles.

Under Ole we are just going to keep waiting for us to have the best team in the league before fans or even the players feel any pressure that we need to win the league. The board has already shown that's not possible after we didn't get Sancho Grealish Haaland and another CB. We are already behind City Chelsea and Liverpool in terms of squad quality and in addition these teams takes two steps forward while we take one under this board.

So if we want to jump over these teams we would need a manager that can get this team and whatever future recruitments to punch above their weight and Ole isn't that manager.

wolvored

Hes been in the job just under 2 years. Hes spent a small fortune on players. We still dont have any recognisable style of play. We have become the penalty kings which helps us no end as they hve took presidence in our goal scoring. He has no or little passion for the game, no in game coaching. If one player got injured and was out for a few weeks we would fall off a cliff. He basically talks shit after every game, especially when we lose.
I loved Ole as a player and would have loved him to have been the mini Fergie that he obviously wanted to be as well. The fact is we are no further forward as a team than we were under Mourinho. In 2 year he got us to 2nd and won 2 trophies.
Next 3 premier matches Saints away W Ham away City home. Let see where we are after these.

Wilt

A quick wiki would give you it all, but if you can’t be arsed:

Molde 2010 - 2014
Cardiff 2014 - 2014
Molde 2015 - 2018
Man Utd 2018 -

Last trophy was effectively the Danish version of the league cup in 2013, won the league in 11 & 12.

Got Cardiff relegated & poor form in the Chanpionship meant he was sacked to stop the rot.

His second stint at Molde I don’t really care, but nothing of note appears worth mentioning.

You be the judge of his time at United, but I’ll give you a clue, average at best.

Maybe at cross purposes here, I’ve been ‘Ole out‘ since the first day he signed.

There’s no argument, he’s completely out of his depth.

Hellboy

Ole out !

Playing 2 dms at home against WBA, made Gallagher look like prime Ozil, completely deluded post match comments. If we sacked Jose for this shite, then might as well kept him. Absolute shambles !

SaboTaj

He is probably even more tactically clueless than Moyes. I really hope we bring someone more competent in sooner rather than later.

AneRu

Said months back this will be a long painful season with lots of in-fighting.
He's not good enough, his staff aren't good enough. It is that simple.
The sad thing is that the board is too blind to see it, they are probably too concerned with the likely pay off due to Ole but can't see the upside of turning things around in time to save the season.

My worry is that this squad is too good to go on a really poor run to force the board's hand but in the same vein the manager is just not good enough to achieve anything substantial with this squad or any other squad. Given what we have spent and what the manager has at his disposal we should be doing better.

I've said it before but Ole's ceiling is relative to the quality of the squad. Have the 6th best squad in the league and we will end up 6th or less. Have the 4th best squad in the league and we will end up 4th or less.

Of course there aren't plenty of managers that can get their team to perform more than the sum of its parts but I think a manager like this is what we need under our current ownership if we want to win league titles.

Under Ole we are just going to keep waiting for us to have the best team in the league before fans or even the players feel any pressure that we need to win the league. The board has already shown that's not possible after we didn't get Sancho Grealish Haaland and another CB. We are already behind City Chelsea and Liverpool in terms of squad quality and in addition these teams takes two steps forward while we take one under this board.

So if we want to jump over these teams we would need a manager that can get this team and whatever future recruitments to punch above their weight and Ole isn't that manager.
6th best squad my arse.

Same bollocks that was said until Jan 2020 last season when apparently Leicester had a miles better squad than us.

A top brave manager wouldn’t be such a coward and get Pogba and Fernandes playing in a 4-1-2-3, but not Ole, it must be 2 defensive midfielders no matter the opposition or whether or not we’re at home.

sugar_kane

A top brave manager wouldn’t be such a coward and get Pogba and Fernandes playing in a 4-1-2-3, but not Ole, it must be 2 defensive midfielders no matter the opposition or whether or not we’re at home.
A top manager wouldn’t be starting Pogba, he’s been dog shit all season, and a complete liability.

::sonny::

United under Guardiola

Martial

Bruno

Rashford Pogba Van de Beek Greenwood

Fred

Maguire McTominay Wan Bissaka

De Gea

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
But the fan base changes it minds on these players on a weekly basis. One week they’re the best thing since sliced bread, next they’re utter garbage. Anyone with half a brain can see that they’re finishing at the top level is awful, Welbeck-esque I would say. To hit it at the keeper so often, when either side would result in a goal, is criminal. I’d also note that neither of them can dribble or hold the ball up to save their life. Kick and rush footballers...
I'm not going to say they are shit finishers. But they aren't natural goalscorers, ruthless and someone who can smell goals. Apart from those two finishes, there was that move in the 1st half, that Mata dummied over. Any proper goalscorer would have been at the end of the cross, or at the very least 5 yards higher up. If Mata had not done a dummy and got a shot on target, there should've been someone to pounce on the rebound.

The issue with Martial especially is, his movement is erratic at times. Sometimes, he's moving around perfectly coming to get the passes, making himself available, and the other times, he's static at the same position like a lot of the times yesterday

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
The Ole quote talking about West Brom's quality was so Moyes like, surely no one is going to excuse that?
Agreed. Much better if he came out and said West Brom are toilet and we have nothing to fear. I always love it when our managers do the oppositions team talk for them

90 + 5min

You would think we lost because of all posts. But we actually won. Lots and lots of post trying hard to discredit Solskjaer and the staff in every way it is possible. Little bit sad when you see this waves of hatred. I hope you all slept good like I did with 3 points and put all the hating at the side today. I know it is hard but you haters can do it. I hope that the darkness you live in can still see the light sometimes.

In worst case, we are 7(8) points from first place with game in hand. We are now infront of our neighbours. We are closing in the other above us. We won a hard game after international games. Future looks bright.

JG3001

I'm not going to say they are shit finishers. But they aren't natural goalscorers, ruthless and someone who can smell goals. Apart from those two finishes, there was that move in the 1st half, that Mata dummied over. Any proper goalscorer would have been at the end of the cross, or at the very least 5 yards higher up. If Mata had not done a dummy and got a shot on target, there should've been someone to pounce on the rebound.

The issue with Martial especially is, his movement is erratic at times. Sometimes, he's moving around perfectly coming to get the passes, making himself available, and the other times, he's static at the same position like a lot of the times yesterday
It’s a strange one because they do clearly score goals, and their numbers aren’t bad, but the fact we still question their ability to finish off their chances means we probably think we can do better. Sterling was criticised for exactly the same for years, lots of dead end runs with zero end product but has improved massively in these aspects at City, even if his finishing is still sometimes a bit iffy.

I think Rashford can be forgiven for his age & the local lad status will always have a say, even at times when it probably shouldn’t. However, I agree on Martial, he should definitely be coming into his prime now and there are still lots of questions.

Hellboy

You would think we lost because of all posts. But we actually won. Lots and lots of post trying hard to discredit Solskjaer and the staff in every way it is possible. Little bit sad when you see this waves of hatred. I hope you all slept good like I did with 3 points and put all the hating at the side today. I know it is hard but you haters can do it. I hope that the darkness you live in can still see the light sometimes.

In worst case, we are 7(8) points from first place with game in hand. We are now infront of our neighbours. We are closing in the other above us. We won a hard game after international games. Future looks bright.
then the bar is on the floor mate ...

vfc_redarmy

We look like a very good counter attacking team now, but nothing more. When we’re playing against teams like wba there is no plan how to play. Then we trust individual qualities and other players are waiting to see what the man with the ball will do with it. There are no movements, just watch the game and especially first half versus wba. And if our play is based upon individual qualities then I would say we are in deep trouble. Some of our chances yesterday came after counter attack. It’s good to have a great counter attacking side, you need to be good at that to, but we can’t just be good at counter attack if we want to challenge for titles in the future.
After two years in charge you would expect that there is a plan on the pitch how to play attacking football. That’s why I doubt that Ole is the right man for us.

how many seasons do he need to implement a system on the pitch?
how many seasons do he need before we can demand to be a title challenge team?
Are we happy with being a good counter attacking side and nothing more?

Ole said that after the match yesterday that three points is sometimes more important than the performance, that’s true when you are talking about one match, but performance is important if you want to do something over a whole season. And our performance has been crap in more than just one match so far.

FatherWolff

Out of interest. Did anyone see some other team play good football yesterday? I didn’t in the five games I watched. Teams who had a lot of players out on int duty looked tired and slow.

people complaining about our starting line up? Starting Mata? First, he deserved starting. Second. Have anyone seen our fixturelist the next two months? It’s every man on deck. But I see a few internet fans don’t want to see where we are I January. They want to rip it up and start again. At the worst possible time. And they think it’s for the best of the club. Go figure.

R'hllor

Love how people mention if our player did this or that but completely ignore that WBA fans could say the same, nevermind the luck we got by overturning their penalty shout. If they scored from pen. that they didnt get, oh boi, we would be in hot water for remaining of the game.

Judas

Open to offers
Hard game after the international break :lol: West Brom at home.

And the mad thing is West Brom probably deserved something out of the game, and in the end we did make it look like a hard game, but it shouldn't have been, it never should be.

Idxomer

Love how people mention if our player did this or that but completely ignore that WBA fans could say the same, nevermind the luck we got by overturning their penalty shout. If they scored from pen. that they didnt get, oh boi, we would be in hot water for remaining of the game.
You know it's a problem when there's talk about the ifs against WBA.

FatherWolff

And the mad thing is West Brom probably deserved something out of the game, and in the end we did make it look like a hard game, but it shouldn't have been, it never should be.
I don’t know if you watch much football. But brom is a hard team to beat. You have to work for it. It was a shit game, no one denying that.
But we won. Should have won by more. And if they scored we would score two. Having a crisis after a scrappy win, and absolutely being in the mix for the Christmas fixtures is a bit embarrassing.

90 + 5min

then the bar is on the floor mate ...
It is not. It is about seeing reality.

Out of interest. Did anyone see some other team play good football yesterday? I didn’t in the five games I watched. Teams who had a lot of players out on int duty looked tired and slow.

people complaining about our starting line up? Starting Mata? First, he deserved starting. Second. Have anyone seen our fixturelist the next two months? It’s every man on deck. But I see a few internet fans don’t want to see where we are I January. They want to rip it up and start again. At the worst possible time. And they think it’s for the best of the club. Go figure.
No, no, no. You can't post this. It is against SolskjaerOut agenda. But. you are right. And it has been like this before. This season it is even more extreme because of compressed fixture list. Players are not robots.

Of course it is. While teams like WBA could train for two weeks with pretty much same team intact, our players were all over world and coming back a day before kick of.

WBA deserved? In what way? We camped in their half for the most part of the game. We missed lot of goalscoring chances.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Out of interest. Did anyone see some other team play good football yesterday? I didn’t in the five games I watched. Teams who had a lot of players out on int duty looked tired
Don't be silly. Redcafe posters don't watch other football matches. They post tweets from other people that do and then watch MotD so they can comment on that assist they saw and call that player 'class'.

I'm not convinced that many posters even watch our own games that closely, the amount of posting that goes on during games.

Hellboy

It is not. It is about seeing reality.

No, no, no. You can't post this. It is against SolskjaerOut agenda. But. you are right. And it has been like this before. This season it is even more extreme because of compressed fixture list. Players are not robots.

Of course it is. While teams like WBA could train for two weeks with pretty much same team intact, our players were all over world and coming back a day before kick of.

WBA deserved? In what way? We camped in their half for the most part of the game. We missed lot of goalscoring chances.
Yeah the reality is trash that's what I'm trying to say. Ole has been in the job for 2 years with one of the best squads in the league, we look like relegation fodder. Trash !

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Rashford and Martial are “kick and rush footballers” now is the latest argument to somehow defend Ole.

I mean Jesus fecking christ.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I don’t know if you watch much football. But brom is a hard team to beat. You have to work for it. It was a shit game, no one denying that.
But we won. Should have won by more. And if they scored we would score two. Having a crisis after a scrappy win, and absolutely being in the mix for the Christmas fixtures is a bit embarrassing.
They have 3 points. They're the opposite of hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.