Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If you watch the performance and not just the scoreline, you'd realize that we should have won the game a lot more comfortably. We're talking about atleast 3 more piss easy goals

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ole schooled another cafe darling today.

How many is that now? Pretty much every manager that is a better coach than him apparently and every manager wanted to replace him.
Yup. We should probably let this thing keep going. Start a rumour that <Insert name of manager he'll face next> would be the favourite to replace him if he loses the next game, and we'd end up with a perfect record in all competitions.

Hassenhuttl, Poch, Nagelsmann, Tuchel all are good managers mind, but it's ridiculous that after every game the knives are out and these 4-5 managers are talked about as if they'd win the league first time of asking. Despite having had no preseason, we're 5 points behind the leaders and have a game in hand. Since the 6-1 loss, we're 2nd in the league table (behind Spurs by a point), have best xGA, 2nd best xG and have faced Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Southampton in those 6 games - which isn't the easiest set of fixtures

Andy_Cole

Yup. We should probably let this thing keep going. Start a rumour that <Insert name of manager he'll face next> would be the favourite to replace him if he loses the next game, and we'd end up with a perfect record in all competitions.

Hassenhuttl, Poch, Nagelsmann, Tuchel all are good managers mind, but it's ridiculous that after every game the knives are out and these 4-5 managers are talked about as if they'd win the league first time of asking. Despite having had no preseason, we're 5 points behind the leaders and have a game in hand. Since the 6-1 loss, we're 2nd in the league table (behind Spurs by a point), have best xGA, 2nd best xG and have faced Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Southampton in those 6 games - which isn't the easiest set of fixtures
Heard Moyes is linked with replacing Ole

united for life

Can you remember how low we were under Jose? How we would look tired. The signings were poor. The games with dire.

Can people honestly not see how far we’ve come? We went 2-0 down today and I knew wed win the game. I’ve not had that in years.
the football is the most exciting after Sir Alex. Inconsistency is the issue and i hope Ole can fix that because he is already doing a good job and has the club on the right track in terms of progress. The signings are good (though he was let down this summer), the atmosphere is good, he is very good at man management and he is showing that he is can be tactically capable.

lots of progress that unfortunately some fans can’t see

McTerminator

2nd in the table since the 6-1 defeat.

Not bad for a manager who isn't even good enough for Molde as well now apparently
and more importantly in the top 4 if we win our game in hand.

Can’t really ask for more. If Cavani keeps up the level he showed today then we could be in for a brilliant season!

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Spot on. We have a really good squad. We as fans should demand results.
The squad is good enough to challenge for the league. I look at the other rivals and I see no reason why we should consider ours not good enough for a challenge. Liverpool and City aren't any more unbeatable gods like they used to be last 2 seasons.

We can judge quality of the squad in comparison to other teams around in general, which in this regard, the current squad is good enough for the majority of it.
I think here is the crux of the matter regarding Ole and how people view his performance as manager. If you are of the opinion that this squad of players are good enough to challenge for the league, then of course you will think Ole is under performing and needs to be replaced. Imo, the squad is not really that strong though.

Undeniable top, top quality, would get into any side in the league: Fernandes
Top 4 quality: Rashford, Maguire, AWB, Greenwood, Cavani, Fred
Top 8 quality: De Gea, Baily,, Henderson, Lindelof, Shaw, Telles, Mata,, Matic, VdB, Martial
Midtable quality: Fosu-Mensah, Williams, Tuanzebe, Pogba, McTomminay,
Rubbish: Jones, Rojo, Lingard, Pereria, James, Ighalo

Red = Should/could be a tier or two higher, but isnt because of injuries, age or just being plain inconsistent
Blue = To little evidence to say for certain.

All day long we bicker in this thread about coaching, but honestly i dont think coaching can solve everything. Take the "top 4" category for example, would all of these be banged on starters for City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Leichester, Arsenal etc? I am not so sure.

The reason everyone on here is losing their minds about Bruno is because its been quite some time really since we had a player of that caliber playing for us. Under Fergie we usually had 2-3 players of that quality with the rest of the staring XI mostly being top 4 quality.

croadyman

Will admit I didn't expect him to make that change at half time, however glad that he did and deserves a bit of credit for that even though probably should have started when Tony got took ill overnight

dove

I think here is the crux of the matter regarding Ole and how people view his performance as manager. If you are of the opinion that this squad of players are good enough to challenge for the league, then of course you will think Ole is under performing and needs to be replaced. Imo, the squad is not really that strong though.

Top 8 quality: De Gea, Baily,, Henderson, Lindelof, Shaw, Telles, Mata,, Matic, VdB, Martial

Red = Should/could be a tier or two higher, but isnt because of injuries, age or just being plain inconsistent
Blue = To little evidence to say for certain.

All day long we bicker in this thread about coaching, but honestly i dont think coaching can solve everything. Take the "top 4" category for example, would all of these be banged on starters for City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Leichester, Arsenal etc? I am not so sure.

The reason everyone on here is losing their minds about Bruno is because its been quite some time really since we had a player of that caliber playing for us. Under Fergie we usually had 2-3 players of that quality with the rest of the staring XI mostly being top 4 quality.
Some serious underrating of our team, quite typical from hardcore Ole in ones. Pogba midtable quality, really? :lol: He might not be as good as we all thought he would be but he is no way a midtable quality.... De Gea, Shaw, VdB, Martial and probably even Lindelof are easily TOP 4. No team in the league has a squad full of best players in the league. Every single team has weaknesses. We have a very good squad, easily TOP 4 quality and possibly able to make a decent challenge for the league.

And there we have it. :lol:

What a crock of shite. A guy Madrid wanted to sign this summer who’s taken Ajax to a CL semi final... “top 8 quality” is just one example of a tonne of corkers.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
His a Bruno injury away from being jobless.
Bruno saved Ole and possibly even Ed Woodward. I’m back to Ole in. We are winning games without a right winger, a free transfer forward, an ageing DM and our star player wanting out. We will be fine if Ole can actually get the players he wants. He’s still doing well enough with an incomplete team. We have the highest wage bill in the league yet we have an incomplete team and that’s not on Ole. Instead of pulling the place apart ole will work with the seemingly incompetent Ed until it all hopefully slowly improves behind the scenes. Yes the coaching still looks off but it still feels like we are building something and the squad seems happy and up for the challenge apart from Pogba. The glass is half full with ole. I really don’t know if yet another rebuild is what’s needed. It’s looking like a few coaching tweaks and to stop missing out on signings in key positions and we’d be golden.

We are winning games without a right winger, a free transfer forward, an ageing DM and our star player wanting out.
Our star player is Bruno, no question. Our star player loves it at United.

Matic is a squad player, Fernandinho, James Milner, Javi Martínez, Modric are all “ageing midfielders” too and help good teams win most weeks.

Our free transfer forward is one the World’s best strikers. Bayern also play with a “free transfer” forward by the way, have won CL’s with him.

We play often with one of the best young players in the World at right wing.

But yeah, you can type it the way you did also.

Last edited:

iato89

Wanting Ole sacked like you’ve wanted for so long means you can’t want the team to win, else you’ll have to eat your arrogance.

now trying to jump in the success bandwagon now too. :lol:
You are alwyas here in the good patch and when the bad patch comes (and unfortunately it will come soon as shown in the past 2 years) you dissappear. Same comments were made after the newcastle/psg/Leipzig games, then we drew chelsea, lost to arsenal and istanbul...now we are on a good patch (although not playing great) and he is at the wheel again. This is the ongoing story for the past 2 years. It seems like battling for a 4th position is sufficient for you.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Our star player is Bruno, no question. Our star player loves it at United.

Matic is a squad player, Fernandinho, James Milner, Sissoko are all “ageing midfielders” too.

Our free transfer forward is one the World’s best strikers.

We play often with one of the best young players in the World at right wing.

But yeah, you can type it the way you did also.
glass half full. Instabul and Spurs were totally unacceptable but we seem to have turned a mini corner. I know we are still inconsistent but no manager can click their fingers and magically make a player find form. He’s trying to play them into form. Pogba martial and Rashford have all been well below their best. If we can get any one of them into form soon then I think we are looking dangerous.

Bobcat

Some serious underrating of our team, quite typical from hardcore Ole in ones. Pogba midtable quality, really? :lol: He might not be as good as we all thought he would be but he is no way a midtable quality.... De Gea, Shaw, VdB, Martial and probably even Lindelof are easily TOP 4. No team in the league has a squad full of best players in the league. Every single team has weaknesses. We have a very good squad, easily TOP 4 quality and possibly able to make a decent challenge for the league.
Based on this season Pogba has barely been PL quality, so i felt i was generous here.

And that bolded part...no one of these would start for City or Liverpool. De Gea has been mediocre since the WC. Last season he was midtable in terms of shots saved compared to xGA, Shaw is not better than Chilwell or Alonso at Chelsea, or Regulion at Spurs. Shaw could be top 4 quality, the problem is that he spends about 1/3 of each season injured and 1/3 playing himself back to fitness

Lindelof is easily top 4 quality? By what metric?

Martial should be top 4 quality, but hes way, way to inconsistent and i am pretty confident he would not be starting for Pool, City, Spurs or Chelsea

iato89

Ole schooled another cafe darling today.

How many is that now? Pretty much every manager that is a better coach than him apparently and every manager wanted to replace him.
Schooled? having the much better team and winning the match in the 94th minute is ''schooled'' nowadays? Schooled is when you actually destroy the other team and win comfortably!! No one here can be rational, its just all good or all bad.

Bobcat

What a crock of shite. A guy Madrid wanted to sign this summer who’s taken Ajax to a CL semi final... “top 8 quality” is just one example of a tonne of corkers.
I said i am not sure about VdB yet, considering he has played a grand total of 175 minutes in the PL, its a bit premature to say hes banged on top 4 quality?

Feel free to explain why these players are better than our rivals though

lysglimt

Scout
I agree with most of your points. But I don't see what's wrong or toxic about expecting a title challenge. There's nothing malicious about it.

We've been floating around 6th place since Fergie left. We've spent hundreds of millions. We have a good squad as a result. Ole has been in the job for two years. The league is wide open with no obvious front runner. We should be mounting a title challenge. What's wrong with expecting that?

Every fan has their own opinions. You're making a wide generalisation to support your point.
There are fans in here who basically are saying that - I am not saying there are many, but there are some

lysglimt

Scout

I mostly reacted to the fact that we have 2 goalkeepers who are top 8 quality. Good luck finding 4 better goalkeepers

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Anyone putting Rashford above Martial after he's stunk the place for near-enough 2 years is clearly biased and clueless. Martial has not had a good start to the season due to his injury but Rashford's overall play has been poor for more than a season. He's got moments of brilliance but he cannot create for the role he's supposed to play and his decision-making is beyond poor.

Rashford just seems to be immune to any sort of criticism because the British press just prefer to target the foreign players.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Going round the houses to tell people how wrong they are. Who is it getting triggered?
This is a forum.
what do you expect when you make such idiotic predictions and posts? That you shouldn't be told that you are totally wrong?

SER19

Has absolutely transformed our squad in a way no previous manager did post fergie.

Went away to a very strong team today without Shaw, pogba, martial and lost de gea to injury.

Had replaced those players with Telles, Greenwood and van de beek, then brought on Henderson and Cavani. Sure enough it was this depth of quality that changed the game.

Ole in or ole out boils down to how you rate him as a coach and how far you think he can take this squad. What is not in any doubt whatsoever is that he has placed us in a way way better position than the rubbish we saw lining out in last days of mourinho, van gaal and moyes.

For this alone, he is comfortably our most successful post fergie appointment. A rebuild what was needed and he's the only one close to achieving it

acnumber9

This is a forum.
what do you expect when you make such idiotic predictions and posts? That you shouldn't be told that you are totally wrong?
I would do the same for your posts but they tend to blend into one so it feels like a waste of time.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
It really does this thread no favours when people go to extremes to try to make a point. Not singling anybody out. Theres been an awful lot of it going on since half time.

Today was a good day for Ole, but most of all for the team and for the fans. Thats about it. He isnt suddenly a better manager than he was yesterday, nor would he be any worse had we lost.

Foxbatt

No one has ever heard of any Southampton players. Maybe only Shane Long because he is a pain in the arse.
None of Southampton players will get into our side. They were missing their best player too.
The day we try to compare ourselves to a club like Southampton is the day we should all stop supporting Manchester United, The biggest club in the World.
Yes it was a very good come back. We conceded two good goals and scored three good goals.
We are still crap at attacking at corners and defending corners. It's pointless to blame DeGea for the first goal. We all know his weakness in coming out so the tactics should have been to negate his weakness. Time and again we concede goals the same way. The near post. I think the coaching staff are blind or they can't understand what is going on.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
For this alone, he is comfortably our most successful post fergie appointment.
Not until he wins something. He is definitely the manager that is most likely to build something that could bring us sustained success though

passing-wind

It really does this thread no favours when people go to extremes to try to make a point. Not singling anybody out. Theres been an awful lot of it going on since half time.

Today was a good day for Ole, but most of all for the team and for the fans. Thats about it. He isnt suddenly a better manager than he was yesterday, nor would he be any worse had we lost.
A great balanced summation. Solskjaer is good up to a point, I personally don't think he'll take the club beyond a top 4 ish position but at the same time if it's achieved this season he deserves further time.

Tiber

If only we had a media darling like Arteta or Lampard, those guys have achieved so much

OrcaFat

Good job from Ole and the team today. I don’t why anyone bothers making long detailed arguments about how shite he is unless it’s some kind of self therapy.

wolvored

Anyone who wants him to fail is not a Utd fan.
I dont think he is good enough tactically or coaching wise to win the title, and the football played at times is trite, but would love to be proved wrong. It would be great for a legend to win us the title.
If he gets to the end of the season and we are out of the top 4, then it is definitely time to part ways. 2 1/2 years without an improvement season on season with the players bought and brought in, results wise is unacceptable at a club this big. If we were losing regular now and down the bottom mid december, then I think it would be time to start looking elsewhere for a manager.
The fact is we are now 5 points off the top and the football, although not free flowing, is at least getting results.
There is talk of renewing the contract in the media. This shouldnt even be considered until the season has finished and we have at least finished top 4.

Good that we turned the game around but I stand firm still Ole out.
No playing style saved by the individual brilliance of Cavani.
I expect more from Manchester United we are not Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.