Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Didn't watch the game but base on the reaction, Ole screw up. Ole seems to be learning on go, how he start a game (Dan James), how he keeps playing Martial instead of Cavani, how he plays against lower team like top team. Ole isn't the man to take us to the top for sure. Like an apprentice learning his trade. This club is too big for him.

Greck

I'll wait before jumping on Ole. We could beat RB next week and all of tonight's outrage will be wasted energy. The pressure however is on. How we might be on the verge of failing to qualify after taking 6pts and a +6 Goal difference from PSG and Leipzig is something else

MetoTTT

I like him but I was "Ole out" since the end of the 1st half season because I knew we wouldn't win anything with him.
The worst thing is that incompetence is far superior in the management and organization of the club at all levels.

Disagree. PSG were playing some great stuff in the first 15 minutes. Previous United sides would have dug in and hoped for the odd chance on the counter. We didnt do that tonight. We took the game to them and were pretty dominant. The players will take something from that. Im taking something from that
Aye, bang on bilbs.

OleBoiii

Ole got it spot on until their scrappy second goal that was completely against the run of play, quickly followed by a ridiculous second yellow card that wasn't even a freekick.

Poor finishing is easily the main culprit today. We had effectively lost the game before Fred's yellow. You can't miss 3-4 sitters against PSG and expect to walk off the pitch with any points.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
At 55 mins we should have been through to last 16. We were playing brilliant football and Martial missed 2 sitters and Cavani hits bar.

That's football though. You don't take chances big teams punish you.
Psg was 1-0 up, had another semi chance to go on 2-0 and we should have been with player less. Then next 30 minutes we dominated them.

Giggsyking

I can't understand why he didn't sub Fred off..

On that note: PSG are wanted by Interpol for theft tonight.
Because he is incompetent, novice, Norwegian league level manager.

He is stupid too. Every manager in the world would have taken Fred off, but him, he thought he is some special genius manager by keeping Fred on, but he eventually proved everyone criticising him right and he is stupid.

keithsingleton

I'll wait before jumping on Ole. We could beat RB next week and all of tonight's outrage will be wasted energy. The pressure however is on. How we might be on the verge of failing to qualify after taking 6pts and a +6 Goal difference from PSG and Leipzig is something else
Don't you get it? Doesn't matter if we beat RB, Ole not got what it takes.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

He is stupid too. Every manager in the world would have taken Fred off, but him, he thought he is some special genius manager by keeping Fred on, but he eventually proved everyone criticising him right and he is stupid.
I guess you missed the game we should have won comfortably not for the wild ineffectiveness of our forwards.

No one is debating the decision to leave Fred on, but this is such a hot garbage take.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I thought they would've taken something from the Sevilla game but here we are staring down the barrel. I hope you're right and I wish I could share your optimism, perhaps I just need to cool off.
This team are growing all the time. I dont know what people expect to be honest. We arent just suddenly going to start pissing on Europe's best and be perfectly clinical, but in reality PSG were done tonight. They didnt fancy it. We'd taken their strong start and then pretty comprehensively outplayed them, and this is a team with Mbappe, Neymar, Marquinhos etc.

We'll do some damage in the knockouts if we can make it out of this group.

Dominos

The decision to leave Fred on is just unforgiveable for me.

It's easy to tell when a player is on the edge - near enough any other manager in the world would have taken him off. Even if he thinks he's a better option than those on the bench, having your 2nd choice playing on the pitch is better than the likelihood that we'd end up playing with 10 men.

Let's say Fred doesn't get a red 2nd half. It most likely means he's not really made a tackle the whole 2nd half. He's sent a midfielder out there against PSG in a game like this who is not allowed to make a challenge. It's absolutely ludicrous. In a game like this you need to make tactical fouls also which is not an option for him.

It's such a shame because he's not done badly at all on balance tonight, we played well and the headbutt is not Ole's fault, our laughable finishing is not Ole's fault. However to not make such an obvious decision really shows he's not switched on in the slightest.

He is stupid too.
I don’t think any of those are the reasons, he has Phelan and Carrick there too putting in their input.
For some bizarre reason the management team thought it a risk worth taking, something I could have understood slightly if we needed 3 points.
My guess... they all think Fred is simply too vital.

Nr.7

Anyone with half a brain would substitute Fred at half time.

Greck

Don't you get it? Doesn't matter if we beat RB, Ole not got what it takes.
I know he doesn't have what it takes, at least not in my opinion but can at least try to be fair with criticism rather than going on a victory lap every time he shows it

Heinzesight

Let’s not forget the decent decisions he made against Southampton.

He needs to learn from tonight though. Can’t leave a player on in that situation, after escaping a red for the butt and also playing a team of shithouses.

AndyMUFC

Easy to say take Fred off but we’re nowhere near as mobile or good at winning the ball back with Matic or Pogba in there alongside McTominay so swings and roundabouts.

That wasn’t the reason we lost anyway, it made it more difficult for the last 15 mins but we lost because we didn’t score when on top as per.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Psg was 1-0 up, had another semi chance to go on 2-0 and we should have been with player less. Then next 30 minutes we dominated them.
We had more chances. Fred was an idiot for sure though. Martial was crap. This isnt all on Ole as much as you want it to be.

We were playing some great football before their sucker punch and the red card.

united for life

But even with all the missed chance we could have easily scored if we had 11 men. Ole cost us that. I wouldn't even blame Fred too much. Was obvious he'd have one tackle that would get him sent off.

Everyone called it. I can't reconcile that.
we really didn’t finish the game with 11 players. Not sure what makes you think we would’ve with Fred in the last 15/20 minutes?

agree though, should’ve took Fred off earlier. Bad decision, bur shouldn’t cost the man his job (not saying you said that, hit from what I read on this thread).

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Did we win the game? Did the two midfielders play well? Or better than Matic, Pogba or VdB would've played?
Yes our midfielders played very well. Did you see Veratti much tonight? Did you see Neymar hiding in the 2nd half? Did you see the foothold we had on this game between minute 15 and Freds sending off?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I guess you missed the game we should have won comfortably not for the wild ineffectiveness of our forwards.

No one is debating the decision to leave Fred on, but this is such a hot garbage take.
I missed that game. I watched the game where Man Utd were good against another top side but that side had more shots, more possession and we were lucky that we didn't stayed with 10 players with being one goal down.
And yeah, we lost the game. Now we should be happy because we gave a good fight to mighty PSG?

wattsy7

2 years ago psg would play us off the park, now we are the better team when we play them, that is down to Ole.

So if a player gets a yellow card in the first half from now on I hope I see you all saying he should be taken off, if a player gets a red card it’s on the player, not the manager.

NJM78

He needs to learn from tonight though. Can’t leave a player on in that situation, after escaping a red for the butt and also playing a team of shithouses.
Thats the thing I don't get with people on here defending Ole. PSG are the best at shithousery in world football and Fred was fouling left, right and centre prior to escaping a red for a head butt.
That is so much fortune and then to try to stretch it out further by keeping him on was just a ridiculously naive decision.

Paul_Scholes18

Seeing as we dominated their midfield until Fred got sent off they were probably onto something.
Still now Fred will miss the last game too. It is smarter to take him off and do not risk that red card.

We could have changed to 5 man defence and played for the result on the counter.

Andi Latte

Question for the posters in here. Feel free to answer once you've cooled down:

1. Did Fergie always take off players on a yellow at half time?
2. Did we not dominate the second half until their scrappy goal? And was Fred not a part of this domination? After all, it was primarily in midfield we dominated them in order to set up the chances(that our attackers consistently fecked up).
3. Was Fred's second yellow card really a yellow card(or even a freekick for that matter)?
4. Can Ole be blamed for terrible finishing?

That's what I thought...
1. No he didn't, no one does and no one thinks it should be done. But he did it sometimes, when the situation demanded it. I think thats called a judgement call, with Ole's judgement in this situation obviously being poor.

2. Yeah, we were the better team but no one can say if we wouldn't also have "dominated" if Matic or Pogba or VdB were there in Fred's place. What I can say is, we would've been 11 players on the pitch and I don't think we would've necessarily conceded 2 more goals. Keep in mind that a draw would have seen us through, maybe just shut up shop with Matic for example.

3. No, but he was pretty much a dead man walking from the incident before, no one was really shocked to see him sent off with a soft yellow. No one except Ole apparently, that is.

4. No, what he can be blamed for is selecting terrible finishers and not subbing them. Over and over again. Martial just isn't in finishing form, everyone knows it. If the plan is to play him into form, do so against West Ham, not in a crucial CL tie. Start Greenwood, VdB, anyone. Play a 2 striker formation. Anything. It's not like Ole is powerless here. It's his fecking job to find solutions, not to hide behind "problems". Also, as far as I know, the rules allow you to make changes before the 71st minute, if you start e.g. Martial and it's obvious he won't score, maybe utilize that.

So yeah, I guess that's what you thought anyway :)

Greck

2 years ago psg would play us off the park, now we are the better team when we play them, that is down to Ole.

So if a player gets a yellow card in the first half from now on I hope I see you all saying he should be taken off, if a player gets a red card it’s on the player, not the manager.
We literally knocked them out of this competition two years ago

Eddy_JukeZ

Also I said it again and again, people jumping on in matchday thread to reply on anyone blaming Ole by saying he's blameless and it's a fecking joke to blame him for the match shows clearly that there're some here whose priority is Ole more than the club, as ridiculous as it sounds. We can't be losing this and the only reaction some can bring is to hit at posters for blaming the manager. It shows some are in it just for the manager.
I don't think it's that necessarily, but they want to be proven right regarding Ole.

I get your point though.

At this point, I don't think some on here want our manager to do anything except for cheerlead on the sidelines.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I missed that game. I watched the game where Man Utd were good against another top side but that side had more shots, more possession and we were lucky that we didn't stayed with 10 players with being one goal down.
And yeah, we lost the game. Now we should be happy because we gave a good fight to mighty PSG?
No we should all pool into the negativity and complaining circlejerk instead of looking at upsides. You take the lead

edgecutter

You do realise that psg had some excellent chances too and failed to score.

OleBoiii

had more shots, more possession
Possession and shots(which was pretty close btw) doesn't mean shit. The quality of the chances is what matters. If you don't think we were the better team until Fred got sent off, then I don't know how to discuss football with you.

NJM78

Fred was fouling for fun in first half before his lucky yellow and you also use your brain and appreciate that we are talking about Fred, not Mct or Matic and also that PSG are cnuts for play acting, inciting fouls and general shit housery. This is 100% the game you don't risk it.

Edit : and by 'your brain' I mean the manager not you personally.

Eddy_JukeZ

Why do we have a manager that constantly needs to learn on the job?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
You do realise that psg had some excellent chances too and failed to score.
Yeah I noticed those. They did come after ours, so I'll take that.

Listen, I'm not saying PSG didnt deserve anything. But they were some colossal mistakes from our players away from being knocked out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.