Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsyking

not only every person in the world knew he must make changes, his players were begging him to change. But he was playing candy crush on his ipad.:lol:

wattsy7

Fred was fouling for fun in first half before his lucky yellow and you also use your brain and appreciate that we are talking about Fred, not Mct or Matic and also that PSG are cnuts for play acting, inciting fouls and general shit housery. This is 100% the game you don't risk it.

Edit : and by 'your brain' I mean the manager not you personally.
I disagree, I’d rather risk a Fred red than have Matic on.

The Purley King

Sorry but this loss is 100% on ole.
Naive in the extreme to keep Fred on. Yes it wasn’t a 2nd yellow but everyone knows PSG levels of shithousery were bound to get him sent off sooner rather than later.
I find this decision impossible to forgive. Not surprising at all it came from a dodgy first touch and then a reckless lunge.
Also martial should be on the Dame Judy for the next few weeks. Play igalho play greenwood I don’t care. He was dogshit tonight.

EDIT especially when Herrera came on. Did we learn nothing from his time with us ......

Highlander

2 years ago psg would play us off the park, now we are the better team when we play them, that is down to Ole.

So if a player gets a yellow card in the first half from now on I hope I see you all saying he should be taken off, if a player gets a red card it’s on the player, not the manager.
Its not down to Ole, we have a better squad than 2 years a go. Better manager will give a better result than this.

Anybody in the world knew the refree will not give any more chance to Fred and will sent him off in the first chance.

Oldham

Shocked to see Fred turn up for second half...
I thought Ole should have taken him off i first half after that stamp.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We had more chances. Fred was an idiot for sure though. Martial was crap. This isnt all on Ole as much as you want it to be.

We were playing some great football before their sucker punch and the red card.
Nobody here (not me, at least) are saying that it is all on Ole. There were some good stuff and bad stuff from him.
But he fecked up with Fred. And could have done subs earlier. Which cost us a game. That is it.
If you happy with manager who is hit and miss every game then fine by me. I am not. Because that kind of manager will not win you anything. You can give him year, two or five and you can give him 100, 200 or 500 mil more but he will not win you anything. Ole will give us battle for top 4 every year. You are good with it?

Foxbatt

It's pointless for me now. We can rave and rant and he won't be sacked even if we lose in Liepzig. It's the PL that's the deciding factor. We lose to Moysie and the pressure will start to mount.

Greck

The result you’re talking about was due to Ole, but they were still better than us in that tie, not anymore.
Will try and watch the game again later but I don't really know what was so special about the performance that people speak so highly of like we're Stoke playing well against Man city. It was an even game, they had chances, we had chances, no one really got played off the park. Is that what's being celebrated here? That we didn't get played off the park? What kind of standard is that? Especially on a night where we' might have set ourselves up to get knocked out on the final day and back to the Europa league

Wilt

It's pointless for me now. We can rave and rant and he won't be sacked even if we lose in Liepzig. It's the PL that's the deciding factor. We lose to Moysie and the pressure will start to mount.
Lose to West Ham is bad ...fail to get out of the CL group is seriously bad

laughtersassassin

we really didn’t finish the game with 11 players. Not sure what makes you think we would’ve with Fred in the last 15/20 minutes?

agree though, should’ve took Fred off earlier. Bad decision, bur shouldn’t cost the man his job (not saying you said that, hit from what I read on this thread).
Could have being the key words.

Expenentionally worse chance once Fred was sent off. And that so the point. He got that completely wrong.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Nobody here (not me, at least) are saying that it is all on Ole. There were some good stuff and bad stuff from him.
But he fecked up with Fred. And could have done subs earlier. Which cost us a game. That is it.
If you happy with manager who is hit and miss every game then fine by me. I am not. Because that kind of manager will not win you anything. You can give him year, two or five and you can give him 100, 200 or 500 mil more but he will not win you anything. Ole will give us battle for top 4 every year. You are good with it?
We are 5pts off top of PL with game in hand and joint top of the very tough CL group.

You don't know what you want. You will want Poch or whoever sacked the first time we lose 3 or 4 games.

wattsy7

Will try and watch the game again later but I don't really know what was so special about the performance that people speak so highly of like we're Stoke playing well against Man city. It was an even game, they had chances, we had chances, no one really got played off the park. Is that what's being celebrated here? That we didn't get played off the park? What kind of standard is that? Especially on a night where we' might have set ourselves up to get knocked out on the final day and back to the Europa league
What are you on about

theklr

Bad call with Fred, but he was also part of the reason we were playing better than PSG. Matic or Vdb wouldnt have had the same impact on the game. Calculated risk that didnt work out, that happens.

We were at a minimum on level with PSG, probably the better team, just lack of precision and unlucky with that and on their second goal. Good performance.

I remember alot of complaining when we used to nick wins like that .

Foxbatt

Of course it's easy to say that in hindsight. Everyone knows that I am Ole out but he can't compensate for the stupidity of Fred. I really don't think it would make any difference if he took off Fred.
Yes going all out defense and counter attack is an option he could have used.
But just to point out why I think he left Fred was in the first half they counter attack us. AWB was just jogging back and Fred who was not even in the frame sprinted back to cover.
The other point is should we have ever let them counter attack?
I wouldn't have played three forwards at all. I would have played only two up front. This is not in hindsight but I have said this pre match.

theklr

With Axel or Shaw fit he would for sure play 3-5-2 and we wouldnt be so liable defensivly.

el3mel

We are 5pts off top of PL with game in hand and joint top of the very tough CL group.

You don't know what you want. You will want Poch or whoever sacked the first time we lose 3 or 4 games.
I'm pretty sure the majority know what they want. League titles and big trophies.

On the contrary, I feel some of you guys are the ones who don't know what they want. What is your expectations of this season ? It seems like any outcome will be fine for some of you anyway. Win league title ? Fantastic. Challenge ? Great. Just finish top 4 ? Well done. Fail to finish top 4 ? Ehh not a problem focus on the rebuild. Get through CL group ? Great business. Get out of CL group ? Ehh it was a hard group and we'll win EL.

So I guess you should first set your expectations for the season then see if the manager will meet it or not. My expectations coming in this season were second or close third with +80 points, QF in CL and win a domestic cup. If he achieves these, fine I won't have a problem with him staying for one more season.

But some of you guys will be just happy to anything he delivers anyway.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm pretty sure the majority know what they want. League titles and big trophies.

On the contrary, I feel some of you guys are the ones who don't know what they want. What is your expectations of this season ? It seems like any outcome will be fine for some of you anyway. Win league title ? Fantastic. Challenge ? Great. Just finish top 4 ? Well done. Fail to finish top 4 ? Ehh not a problem focus on the rebuild. Get through CL group ? Great business. Get out of CL group ? Ehh it was a hard group and we'll win EL.

So I guess you should first set your expectations for the season then see if the manager will meet it or not. My expectations coming in this season were second or close third with +80 points, QF in CL and win a domestic cup. If he achieves these, fine I won't have a problem with him staying for one more season.

But some of you guys will be just happy to anything he delivers anyway.
Who is going to be the man to win these big trophies then?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
More important question is : Do you feel confident United/Ed will find the right replacement ?

keithsingleton

Of course it's easy to say that in hindsight. Everyone knows that I am Ole out but he can't compensate for the stupidity of Fred. I really don't think it would make any difference if he took off Fred.
But just to point out why I think he left Fred was in the first half they counter attack us. AWB was just jogging back and Fred who was not even in the frame sprinted back to cover.
I wouldn't have played three forwards at all. I would have played only two up front. This is not in hindsight but I have said this pre match.
Hindsight wasn't needed, I posted during half time hope Ole reads the game and takes Fred off. Don't think we lost the game with 11 men on the pitch. Like many of us fans say time and time again he just doesn't read the game to the standard that's needed in the Premier League. His managements skills are that of the championship.

Foxbatt

Lose to West Ham is bad ...fail to get out of the CL group is seriously bad
I don't think we are getting out of the group stages. I think it's back to the EL for us.
Yes it's down to Ole and I still think his mistake was to play three up front from the start. 4 in midfield and counter attack
Yes it was stupid to leave Fred on. I was shocked but do understand why he took the gamble. He lost the gamble.
The bigger mistake was to play with three man midfield. We tried to attack them. He lost his gamble. It was stupid also to attack them. They have players we don't have. So to negate that we have to be clever. We were not clever.

el3mel

Who is going to be the man to win these big trophies then?
Anyone. If the next manager fails to deliver them 2 or 3 years in charge everyone will want him gone. Story in any big club really.

But anyway I'm still asking what's the general expectations from this season ? What did you want going into this season ?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bruno was actually awful. VDB Could have come . The whole game changed when Tuchel changed the formation to 352. He did nothing to counter it (agree things changed immediately after the goal though)

There was no need to go for that killer goal. Keep trying and if we dont get it, we will try next week. Now the head to head advantage is in favor of PSG and a win is not good enough to win the group.
Bruno is a player who can play awful but win you a game, so you can forgive me if I'm not hounding Ole for making a supposedly "obvious" move in taking Bruno off (assuming you think it's an obvious move here).

I don't even think we were trying to go for a killer goal as such, we were just exploiting gaps that PSG left from their defensive negligence. We weren't gung-ho attacking and we weren't playing on a counter either.

NJM78

Anyone. If the next manager fails to deliver them 2 or 3 years in charge everyone will want him gone. Story in any big club really.

But anyway I'm still asking what's the general expectations from this season ? What did you want going into this season ?
Top 4 a must, get to knock out stages of CL and win a trophy, after losing three semi-finals last year. That’s my bare minimum. I have no faith we will get it either and that’s why I’m Ole out and always will be.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We literally knocked them out of this competition two years ago
They still played us off the park over 180 minutes, though. The 180 minutes of this season we looked like we took the game to them, and I like that. I can identify with that as how Manchester United is meant to play in Europe.

Wilt

I don't think we are getting out of the group stages. I think it's back to the EL for us.
Yes it's down to Ole and I still think his mistake was to play three up front from the start. 4 in midfield and counter attack
Yes it was stupid to leave Fred on. I was shocked but do understand why he took the gamble. He lost the gamble.
The bigger mistake was to play with three man midfield. We tried to attack them. He lost his gamble. It was stupid also to attack them. They have players we don't have. So to negate that we have to be clever. We were not clever.
Agreed

theklr

Fecking hell, all of you would take our current situation when we got our group .

stop beeing so reactionary

Greck

They still played us off the park over 180 minutes, though. The 180 minutes of this season we looked like we took the game to them, and I like that. I can identify with that as how Manchester United is meant to play in Europe.
Fair enough. Was more consumed by the thought of heading back to the wretched Europa cup

AshRK

I agree although we did create good chances and took the game to them but we were too open. This is where his lack of game management is costing us. You have to be smart also.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Fair enough. Was more consumed by the thought of heading back to the wretched Europa cup
Just have to be optimistic. Ole has a good team to his disposal and he should be capable of a result.
I've been critical of Ole but I think in Europe he's bought a lot of goodwill by beating PSG and Leipzig. An off day vs Istanbul and bad luck today doesn't change that. If he puts the right system out against Leipzig and just learns from today by way of subs, we should be through.

Of course if he fecks up the team and doesn't make changes, and we get smashed - then fair enough :lol:

theklr

I agree although we did create good chances and took the game to them but we were too open. This is where his lack of game management is costing us. You have to be smart also.
Reason we were open were that Axel were suspended and Shaw was injured more or less. Otherwise we would play 3-5-2 and control the game much better.

MrBest

How long does it take a manager to rebuild a squad? 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? How long should we give Ole until he has rebuilt us? Lampard, Mourinho, Klopp, Pep, hassenhalt, rodgers, ancelotti and arteta are 9 examples of managers who are rebuilding. How do you benchmark what Ole has done versus them. Surely, and this is my view, he is only doing better than Arteta although he has just had 12 months snd Ancelotti 8 or so months but you can see the progression in football they play. We play eye drying football that makes me want to cry but my eyes are so dry, there is nothing left. Ole has to go.

Will Singh

Pointless arguing as it’s obvious by now is that he’s target is top 4 and that’s it. We could have the worlds best managers knocking on our door to work for free but the club still won’t budge the stubborn cnuts!

passing-wind

I'm going to reserve judgement totally until the end of the seasonal campaign but this lack of consistency for me is why Solskjaer is NOT a viable manager in the long term.

We win less than 4 games on the trot (all the Ole fans sing and gloat) we get defeated before building consistency and the cycle repeats itself over and over again.

Foxbatt

Most of us know that he is not a top notch coach so why are we shocked that we messed up?
We may beat Liepzig but I don't have any expectations just because we beat them 5-0.
Just the same that Spurs are going to beat us 5-0 in London. It was a one off.

Status
Not open for further replies.