Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Russky14

Only way this defence finds form again is under a proper manager
Spot on.

Basically luck, penalties, purple patches in games & Bruno.

It's got very little to do with tactics or coaching.

Said it earlier get a proper coach in now & we could finish 2nd otherwise we will be scrambling about with a few games to go for 4th.

Foxbatt

Agreed.

Not sacking Ole is just compounding a bad decision to give him the job. People say 'Let's see if we finish in the Top 4 this season before making a decision'. Really?

Didn't we used to mock Wenger for that?

If Ole does finish Top 4, what then? He finished 3rd last season, and look at us now. When people say 'we're building something', I'm here scratching my head, wondering how many more miracles we can pull off week in week out before the charade is over.

These comeback wins are papering over the cracks.
If this is the case then there is no progress isn't it? I mean we were third last season and getting 4th this season is not progress. Honestly I am hoping that he does not get sacked now at least until Poch is hired by someone else. Now this would get some fans here going but I really do not believe that Poch could get us some trophies.

croadyman

If this is the case then there is no progress isn't it? I mean we were third last season and getting 4th this season is not progress. Honestly I am hoping that he does not get sacked now at least until Poch is hired by someone else. Now this would get some fans here going but I really do not believe that Poch could get us some trophies.
You might well be right about Poch not getting trophies for us but that doesn't mean the board should remain all sentimental with Ole no matter where we finish at the end of this season

Foxbatt

You might well be right about Poch not getting trophies for us but that doesn't mean the board should remain all sentimental with Ole no matter where we finish at the end of this season
My biggest fear is by not hiring one of either Hasemhiuttl, Rose or Nagelsmann we would miss on one of the best coaches. If Poch is free it is almost 100% certain Woodward will hire him.

eire-red

The real answer is to hire a DoF so that we're not completely reliant on a particular style of manager, and then going out and buying him all the players he wants.

As a club, we should have sporting directors to set the vision and direction, and tasked with the ultimate overseeing of assembling a title winning squad. The manager should be the final piece, someone who fits out ethos and can get the best out of the squad, while also being involved in the recruitment decision making process.

We can't keep hitting the reset button every 2-3 years, there needs to be some sort of continuity.

My biggest fear is by not hiring one of either Hasemhiuttl, Rose or Nagelsmann we would miss on one of the best coaches. If Poch is free it is almost 100% certain Woodward will hire him.
I fear these coaches are so different that we’d be doing a LVG > Mourinho > OGS mistake all over again and starting a full new rebuild.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
He just isn't a good coach.

He's surviving. The writing already seems on the wall for him, but every time we seem to hit a low, he, pulls something out of the bag. (The being a #10 from Portugal)
He's had so much luck to stay in this job. We hit rock bottom this time last year, then came Bruno who saved us and him. Near the end of the season we nearly bottled top 4, but scraped through.

This season has been a tale of two halves. We struggle to start well, always handicapped.
We've been second best, performance wise, in more games than we've been the better side this season.

Defence looks a shambles. Our only go to tactic seems counter attack.
He'll be gone by the end of the season, it just depends how long this yo yo goes on for.

That being said, no point really sacking him unless we're certain we have the right man. If thats Poch, act now, if its one of the Germans, then may as well wait

It's because the sentimental ones in our fanbase really believe that he will achieve something this season and then next summer he will get Lampard like backing from this joke of a board
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that Lampard demanded that backing. Multiple times after games last season he spoke of the need for big transfers. One instance was in January after we signed Bruno...even Lampard here admits that he's talked constantly about the need for transfers.

"Recruitment is huge for a team that wants to be successful. Look no further than Liverpool and Manchester City in recent years. I look at Manchester United signing a big, big player, a world-class player in Fernandes. People will get bored if I keep crying about this. But it's a fact."
The second they got knocked out of the CL by Bayern, one of the first things he did was put pressure on the board to deliver in terms of signings.

"It's important not to rest or to settle, but to think where can we improve. Nights like this show me a lot, tell me a lot. In a football sense I feel like I know where we can improve, so now it's time to do that. We have teams containing prime Hazard and Costa, teams containing prime Cech, Terry, Drogba. Recruitment is a huge part of this game.
There were stories from reliable Chelsea journalists (Matt Law), that even after their spending spree he was still putting big pressure on the board to get him Declan Rice on top of it all.

Contrast that to Solskjaer who gives Woodward absolute free reign, applies no pressure to him, makes no demands, desperately tries not to rock the boat and even praises him to the hilt for massive underachievement. How many times have we heard about what a 'tough job' Ed has? How many times has Solskjaer praised our recruitment and transfer dealings? He's even said multiple times that the Glazers are great owners, and people criticising them aren't 'the best fans'.

He puts his own interests and job security number one in his priority list.

croadyman

I will admit that is a very valid concern indeed but it just sounds me like the board have got tunnel vision on Ole and won't even approach any of those three as it might hurt our ex player's feelings. Personally think we shouldn't see the fact that these guys have currently got jobs at other clubs as an obstacle either. My guess is that we also aren't willing to pay them compensation money to buy any of them out of their contract because the board love to adopt a penny pinching approach instead rather than what's best for the club.

Foxbatt

I fear these coaches are so different that we’d be doing a LVG > Mourinho > OGS mistake all over again and starting a full new rebuild.
At least we know that they have the capacity and capability to build a new team as they are young and progressive and have done it recently unlike LVG. I am still puzzled as to what happened to LVG. I have seen his Ajax side and I knew that he needed a creative player in the mould of Litmanen or Sneijder. He had Rooney. Rooneyn for all his talent is not a player like Litmanen or Sneijder. I think LVG overestimated the ability of the players he had.

croadyman

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that Lampard demanded that backing. Multiple times after games last season he spoke of the need for big transfers. One instance was in January after we signed Bruno...even Lampard here admits that he's talked constantly about the need for transfers.

The second they got knocked out of the CL by Bayern, one of the first things he did was put pressure on the board to deliver in terms of signings.

There were stories from reliable Chelsea journalists (Matt Law), that even after their spending spree he was still putting big pressure on the board to get him Declan Rice on top of it all.

Contrast that to Solskjaer who gives Woodward absolute free reign, applies no pressure to him, makes no demands, desperately tries not to rock the boat and even praises him to the hilt for massive underachievement. How many times have we heard about what a 'tough job' Ed has? How many times has Solskjaer praised our recruitment and transfer dealings? He's even said multiple times that the Glazers are great owners, and people criticising them aren't 'the best fans'.

He puts his own interests and job security number one in his priority list.
Yeah you are absolutely spot on that he doesn't seem demanding of our board at all which actually explains why we keep hearing stories of how relaxed they are about the situation, yeah of course they are because the manager they appointed is never going to rock the boat this board and cause them any undue stress and strain. Obviously he isn't going to come out and criticise them but he should at least be willing to put out Lampard like soundbites in the media which suggests he wants more backing from the board

Foxbatt

I will admit that is a very valid concern indeed but it just sounds me like the board have got tunnel vision on Ole and won't even approach any of those three as it might hurt our ex player's feelings. Personally think we shouldn't see the fact that these guys have currently got jobs at other clubs as an obstacle either. My guess is that we also aren't willing to pay them compensation money to buy any of them out of their contract because the board love to adopt a penny pinching approach instead rather than what's best for the club.
By not playing in CL we will lose more money than paying compensation for these kinds of managers. I am also puzzled by the purchase of Maguire. Now `Jose wanting I full understand. You put him in that Spurs side and he would be brilliant. But Ole, who talks about pressing, attacking football, how can he play someone like Maguire so high up the pitch?

vivaronaldo

you get what you pay for ..cardiff and molde pedigree doing his apprenticeship at united

no wonder other clubs want him to sign for life

get him out now

Irwin99

I'm surprised no one really has criticized his decision to sub Pogba on which I know is a kind of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' thing. It nearly worked in the sense that it changed the game somewhat but it looked a bit weak considering the stuff that happened in the previous few days. He could easily have banished Pobga from the squad completely, which might be cutting your nose off to spite your face, but it'd send a message of authority that no one is bigger than the club.

To reiterate, I can understand why he did it as you want your best players to change games but this situation isn't helping (ask Jose)

Amir

He's surviving. The writing already seems on the wall for him, but every time we seem to hit a low, he, pulls something out of the bag. (The being a #10 from Portugal)
That's kind of the problem. It's like we are always in this 'survival mode' that forces us to do just enough to keep him at the job. It's difficult to really prosper like this.

predator

Youth NITK
I've always been so supportive of him despite believing he isn't that tactically clued up because his desperation to succeed is so obvious.

The past 4 weeks have been the turning point for me, though. His timing of subs, his lack of clear instructions, his lack of authority, his lack of responsibility, his lack of explanation, him blaming the fixtures, mourining the loss of crowds at home etc etc.
Some managers can see the problem but just can't get it through to their players quickly enough. Mourinho, I would say, knows what he needs to win games in various leagues/cups but for him to actually get there will take time and will take 100% from his players. Even though I think mourinho is a bit of a dinosaur, I actually know what he is trying to do. You know what Pep is trying to do, you know what klopp will try and do. You even know what Moyes will do.
Ole though, doesn't know what to do. Its a learning curve for him.

Remember when ole first took over and we had a great run of form and he said something along the lines of "football is easy when you have good players" - Does he still agree with that statement, after having enough time to improve it?

Everyone knows we are capable of brilliance but the long run of inconsistency and the lack of urgency at the start of matches, after 2 years in charge, tells me Ole is sadly out of his depth.

I must say, within manchester, you will be hard pressed to find a united fan within the age ranges of 30- 60 that will separate ole the player from ole the manager.

I used to think ole would resign if we went through such a poor spell due to his respect and love for the club but I'm not sure if he will anymore, and thats not because he is a money grabber, its because he actually believes in himself as a manager.

I dont like being negative but realistically we haven't won the league for 8 years and it isn't looking likely that we will it any time soon.

Duncan the Great

The guy is simply out of his depth, it would be great if it wasn't the case but it is. Okay the squad isn't the best but would perform consistently better with a coach having tactical awareness and who is a true motivator which is obviously lacking at Utd at this time, and let's be honest some of his signings have not been great. Money wasted paying stupid fees on guys who are little better than the players that were already here. I would love to now exactly what Ole is supposedly building as his supporters claim he is doing, all I see is world class players gradually loosing confidence to the point of doubting their own ability. He must go. Who to bring in is something else, but there are several coaches out there with tactical nous and whose teams are performing to a far better standard of football than we are at this time.
We all knew the result needed in Germany yet the team were obviously sent out lacking proper preparation for what was needed, this has been the case all season which highlights the shortcomings of the coaching team. The defence is schoolboy level at best, with no structure in midfield and strikers who are starved of a decent supply they then lack composure when chances do come, all things that are not been addressed by Ole and his team. The sooner we get new blood the better.

OrcaFat

Don't get me wrong, watching us beat Southampton 3-2 was brilliant in the moment, and I've never been so pumped after a game post Fergie, same for West Ham. I love the wins as much as the next fan. I only wish I was able to be in the pub watching them.

But in regards to my reservations, these comeback wins aren't sustainable. It's the next day when you look back after your emotions settle down and you start thinking about what we're watching. We saw that last night, and to be honest at the elite level, if you give good teams as two goal head start every game (no disrespect to West Ham and Southampton), you're never going to get to a point where you're winning trophies.
True, it can’t go on forever. But it’s not crazy to imagine an improvement in the defence. Shaw is back, Fred should be coming back, I think we’ll tighten up.

croadyman

I'm surprised no one really has criticized his decision to sub Pogba on which I know is a kind of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' thing. It nearly worked in the sense that it changed the game somewhat but it looked a bit weak considering the stuff that happened in the previous few days. He could easily have banished Pobga from the squad completely, which might be cutting your nose off to spite your face, but it'd send a message of authority that no one is bigger than the club.

To reiterate, I can understand why he did it as you want your best players to change games but this situation isn't helping (ask Jose)
Yeah immediately I think back to when Fergie banished Becks to the stands for Leeds away back in the day

M15 Red.

I'm usually like, Ole out after 45 mins. But then Ole in after 90 minutes. It's so confusing.

Tarrou

After our second goal we had about 10-13 mins. In that time we were barely able to stitch two passes together! That was some unbelievable sight to eyes. Everybody was all over the place. No one trying to calm others down, get control of the ball. Was like watching headless chickens instead of hugely paid professional footballers. Entire coaching staff had brain freeze as well. A proper 10 mins football would have, most probably would have, seen us through as RBL was clearly shattered.

Unbelievable stuff.
Yeah I was infuriated with this as well, we were shocking after we got it to 3-2.

People are saying we started to play well when the pressure was on, but thats not true. The pressure was off at 3-0 and we had a bit of a go, got pretty lucky to get two goals then completely shit the bed for 10 minutes.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
We've heard that for about a year now and no one else has snatched him up so far.

Personally i'd much rather go for the guy who kicked our arses yesterday, even if it means i have to look at his ghoulish jackets
Same no one else snatched up Bruno and he has gotten us into top four and is saving Ole job. Poch has rejected Barcelona, and real Madrid in the past. I don't know what is going on behind the scenes at the moment but it is hard to argue against the notion that Pochettino isn't one of the most wanted man in football when he is ready to come back.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Do those tweets feel like a knife in the chest to everyone else too? I predicted we wouldn't sack him no matter what, because of how it reflects on Woodward. But to actually hear it from the club makes me feel sick.

They better be prepared to spend hundreds of millions on this team, bringing in players that do all the organising and thinking for themselves on the pitch (like Bruno), if they want titles under Ole. That's the only way, and its going to be a frustrating road where the fanbase will tear itself apart and our club will become a laughing stock along the way.

ghagua

Ole should have been sacked multiple times already. Just pulling wool over everyone's eyes with a few wins, but not when it matters.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Or ....the club have no intention of financing a new manager.

Manchester United aka The Golden Goose
Pretty much. They know they've got it easy with Ole in that sense. I mean, look at the past window. Did Ole want Beek ? questionable. Ole certainly wanted a wide player but I gather he didn't expect them to be two fecking teenagers, one of which hasn't featured consistently for his current club.

Oh well. United will continue to be a mess with or without Ole at the helm.

blemis

Supports
spurs
Speaking of logic, what barometer would you use for "properly building"?

If you park our results, there is feck all in our play to suggest we've made sufficient progress in 2 years and you can argue he misallocated financial resources on top. Why should he be backed based on what we've seen?

Jose wasnt backed after getting 81 points because our performances were shite. What has Ole done to warrant it any more than Jose has? Does he have better previous achievements? Did he win any cups? Did he prove he can handle money better in his career? Are the XG stats any better under him than Jose? What is it exactly? Do we look better on the pitch consistently more under Ole than Jose? I'm not seeing any of it.
Your performance wasn't shite , i still remember United official twitter account tweeting "4-0 FC" . You guys are battering teams week in week out under him , it become shite when that virus Pogba start acting up ( there was a video on them having argument on the pitch with Pogba being subbed in the end ) and the club siding with virus instead of the manager. I think at that point Jose Mourinho has already planned for his exit, can't handle a club where the structure is broken , you can never allow players to have more power that's absolute disgrace.

Last edited:

Wilt

Pretty much. They know they've got it easy with Ole in that sense. I mean, look at the past window. Did Ole want Beek ? questionable. Ole certainly wanted a wide player but I gather he didn't expect them to be two fecking teenagers, one of which hasn't featured consistently for his current club.

Oh well. United will continue to be a mess with or without Ole at the helm.
Ole the perfect patsy.

croadyman

Ole the perfect patsy.
Yeah quiet as a mouse suits them fine,means they can tap him on the head and say good man we all believe in you.

They are happy to keep him in the job because he is the protective shield who takes all the flack and deflects it away from Woody and the other clowns.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Genuine question, let’s say United get top 4 again..do you stick with Ole?
There is expectation from the start of season and that is to make progress. Last season we achieved top 4 so we don’t want just another top 4 that’s basically not improvement and not progress. I expect us to finish in top 4 but with 80 points minimum.

Greck

So Ole will be judged on title charge? People who are for Ole, is that the minimum requirement that Ole has to fulfill?
:lol: What kind of backing is this. Even his supporters don't expect a title challenge this season. Might as well be setting him up for an end of season sack

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Yeah quiet as a mouse suits them fine,means they can tap him on the head and say good man we all believe in you.

They are happy to keep him in the job because he is the protective shield who takes all the flack and deflects it away from Woody and the other clowns.
This is exactly 100% spot on. Why this isn't blindingly obvious to everyone is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.