Would you sell Jadon Sancho this summer? And do you think he will be sold?

jamesjimmybyrondean

Rashford still actually tried and wanted the ball last year at least. Sancho is just awful and it’s got to the point where every time he gets the ball I just know he’s going to do nothing with it.
This is false m. Rashford last year was comfortably worse than Sancho this year

Irwin99

Who on earth would buy him after the past two seasons and with his wages? There have been decent games here and there but there hasn't even been a sustained spell of good form lasting a month or two.

Can see another season here next year or possibly a loan back to Dortmund.

foolsgold

No to both questions.

There's a game changing player there, it's up to the manager and the coaching staff to get the performances from him.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
We should have a vote so that 85 % of the caf can demand his sale and I can laugh at them all next June.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
No to both questions.

There's a game changing player there, it's up to the manager and the coaching staff to get the performances from him.
I think ETH wants to keep his job, playing Sancho is a good way of not achieving that goal

lex talionis

Rashoford isn't even that great of a player. He had a good year but when he's not scoring, he does feck all.
Spot on re Rashoford. The man needs to passing and heading to basket of skills. He’ll never become another Ruud or Giggs, but if he put himself to task he could evolve into Alexis Sanchez in his prime. Doubtful it will happen though.

lawliet354

Agreed. People forget just how bad most posters here thought Rashford was
People did not forget, just that Rashford has been consistently one of our better player before last season, so it's understandable he had more leeway

Sancho's done nothing at all since coming from Dortmund. Absolutely one of the worst signing this club has done

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Are we using him right? When I watch him play there is nothing to his game that makes me think he's a winger. He's just a more expensive version of Lingard

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
he’s staying. Don’t think anyone will buy him. Especially if he’s on over 300k a week. He needs to regain his form and then he’ll be a good asset to the squad.

crossy1686

career ending
Are we using him right? When I watch him play there is nothing to his game that makes me think he's a winger. He's just a more expensive version of Lingard
This is what people start saying when we have a shit player.

If he was good, he could play RB and still have an impact on the game. We’re in trouble if we start asking these questions and discovering we need a world class RB and ST just to get the best out of Sancho, or we have to change our whole formation and style of play to get the best out of him at the expense of other players who contribute much more and much more frequently.

The answer is that he’s shite and doesn’t have the required attitude or character to make it at this level. Fully expect him to go the way of Ali and end up in Turkey in the next 5 years.

Woodzy

Unless we can suddenly afford anything better then there's no point getting rid of a homegrown player when we probably a fair few heading out the door already.

Personally I would move him on if we get a decent offer. He is a good player but lacking a little physicality at the top end of the EPL
Do I think he will be sold this year, no, high wages will put off potential suitors.
I expect him to be here a s a squad player next season and move on in June 2024.

Hughes35

Depends on the offers received.

I'd sell him if we got a good offer of 60 or 70 million. That's unlikely though so I'd gamble and give him another year.

Even if he has another poor season, you can probably get 40 Million, so it's worth the risk IMO.

croadyman

Ideally we could move him on and utilise the money to address our first XI and squad issues

Tyrion

People did not forget, just that Rashford has been consistently one of our better player before last season, so it's understandable he had more leeway

Sancho's done nothing at all since coming from Dortmund. Absolutely one of the worst signing this club has done
Plenty here didn't give Rashford much leeway though. Thats my point.

Sanchos done nothing since coming from Dortmund but we signed him because of how he played at Dortmund. That shouldn't just be ignored.

TheLord

If we could recoup 60% of the fees spent on him, I'd be happy to let him go. But only Chelsea seem capable of the heroics of selling poor players for amazing fees.

freddie the red

What a piece of business getting him was, eh?
He does have some skills obviously (sitting the scousers down before quietly slotting it into the net was particularly enjoyable) but boy has he been a disappointment at £70/80 mill to buy and, what, £300k a week.
All that in two years for a couple of moments.....nah.
Sell for me but you just know, because of the finances involved, he'll be back here next season. :houllier:

frostbite

So far, he is worse than Mkhitaryan, a little better than Kagawa. Unfortunately, the players we got from Dortmund failed, and the players City got from Dortmund have been fantastic.

I don't think we'll be able to sell him this summer, so I hope that ETH can work some magic and make him the player we thought we are getting.

Levi1

I like him as a player, but in my opinion, we should sell him while he still has value. He was never cut out for our style of play: he does his best work with a ton of possession and lots of good passers around him. Not so good running at defenders. He'd do better under Pep ironically. He'd be great for a different team, which is why we should be selling him. Part of our problem over the years has been not getting rid of players until its too late, but by the time we've ascertained that there's really no way they will come good, so has everyone else!

Paul778

I don't think we could give him away to be honest. Who is going to look at his performances and say he's worth the 18m a year in wages we are paying him.

It's a shame cos I'd much prefer Amad to be getting his minutes. Like Garnacho, I don't think Amad is scared of the shirt. Sancho definitely is.

El Jefe

There's no turning it around for him this is the most obvious case of a flop you'll see. No change in playstyle, No.9 or making him a RW will change this.

Physically and athletically he's built like a chubby 14yo and he doesn't have the slightest bit of mental fortitude. I'd bet on his performances getting worse than improving. He's not built for PL football, simple as.

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
I'd give him another year and if he can't improve next season I'd just sell him and get a better player in his place.

We have to stop giving chances to players who are not at the level required for us, if we do not set this as a goal for the next years, there will be no recovery for United.

But I don't expect to sell him at all after keeping people like Jones, Mctominay, Martial etc in our team for so long.

tomaldinho1

If we were Chelsea, we’d be announcing a £70m sale to someone but we’re not and I don’t think we’ll recoup even half of what we paid for him. He’s a great player on his day but I’m stumped with how he fits into ETH’s system as a starter and you can’t have someone so expensive on the bench.

captain666

ETH has afforded him every opportunity to shine including the Dutch sabbatical and he is still dismal,last chance saloon next season unless we get a lucky offer this summer.

Paul778

Would seriously try to get him out of the club now. He's had two seasons here and plays like the shirt is too big for him.

I'm not the biggest fan of Anthony but at least he tries to do things. Sancho typically is just getting the ball and rolling it backwards, rather than turning around and trying to ask questions of the opposition defence.

I don't understand how Pellestri hasn't got more minutes. He's played well when he's come on, although it might be Garnacho again - being good for a short 25 min spell at the end of the game rather than as a starter. I can imagine that ETH might want someone more robust in there for the counter press, but it's not like Sancho is good in that department anyway.

I really hope Amad comes back and gets a chance preseason. His Sunderland spell went really well and we have a RW slot that noone in this years squad has nailed down a claim on.