Would you sell Jadon Sancho this summer? And do you think he will be sold?

CallyRed

I'll give him one more year. Untill next year when I'll him give another year. Before you know he's back at Dortmund on a free.

santeria13

Sublemon
Don't see why we wouldn't try to sell him this summer. He's massively underperformed for two seasons now and his value will only decrease with another poor season.

We are way too hesitant to move on players who've underperformed for very long periods of time. What other top club would even consider not trying to move him on this summer, based on the last two years?

kkengvib

If we can recoup a decent chunk of what we paid for him, say ~50million, I'd be open to selling him. When you see the numbers being bandied about for Mount, Sancho should be netting more than that as his contract isn't running out. 60million would be great but I doubt we can get anywhere near that. I don't think we'll end up selling him though.

Would Spurs be interested? Can we use him to try and get Kane? Would Spurs say no to Maguire and Sancho for Kane? With Kulusevski not being bought perhaps they could use another winger?
Dortmund are not going to pay what we want and there's probably nobody outside Bellingham (who's Madrid bound) that we'd be interested in anyway.

I think he's one of those players that would actually thrive in Pep's system. Unfortunately I don't think he's direct enough for Utd's style

Castia

You should loan him out. Get him some confidence back so you can either try him as a first teamer again or put him in the shop window.
He was given months off and came back confident in those first few games….his confidence goes because he must quickly realise he’s just not cutting it.

Rad flags straight away when a player is so mentally weak he can’t get any sort of form together as a professional

He’s had 2 years Id be happy for a loan to buy deal but I’m done waiting for this supposed confidence to show up

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Yes, I would sell him. No, I don't think we will.

We've been hopeless at offloading poor signings and inadequate academy graduates and I don't expect that to change soon.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He was given months off and came back confident in those first few games….his confidence goes because he must quickly realise he’s just not cutting it.

Rad flags straight away when a player is so mentally weak he can’t get any sort of form together as a professional

He’s had 2 years Id be happy for a loan to buy deal but I’m done waiting for this supposed confidence to show up
I listen to quite a few football podcasts. All hosts/gusts seem to dance around what’s been going on with him. I suspect there’s been some off field shit that he has been dealing with that we don’t (and probably should never) hear about.

He’s a phenomenal talent. His contract is long enough that we may need to give him a 6 month loan back to Dortmund or something to help him out. Somethings not right. Everything is off. It appears that ten Hag has already identified the need for him to get his head right away from the day to day. Maybe pre season can do that. Otherwise a sensible path forward or departure needs to be worked out.

I’m not loving some of the online pile ons we’ve seen post the World Cup. We don’t know what he’s possibly going through.

MrBest

You can see he has potential to be a star but I personally don't believe he has the mind to maximise it. Maybe ETH is doing something about, maybe not, but from what I have seen, I would get rid but I don't think any potential clubs will be able to afford his suggested 300k a week wage.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Was there many teams that wanted him apart from us at dortmund?

AndyMUFC86

You can see he has potential to be a star but I personally don't believe he has the mind to maximise it. Maybe ETH is doing something about, maybe not, but from what I have seen, I would get rid but I don't think any potential clubs will be able to afford his suggested 300k a week wage.
I totally agree, he is Martial mark 2. Got all the talent but not got the mentality to be a top player. We can’t keep signing players like this and carrying players through game’s constantly. It’s so frustrating as a fan but unfortunately I don’t see him coming good for us. So personally I would sell but I’m 99% certain the club will keep him

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Something something we don’t sell to rivals blah blah..:nervous:
That's quite interesting. The main question would be would a prospective buyer take over his current contract.

buckooo1978

yes and no

should be a reserve behind Garnacho and Rashford on the left, large wages, not sure he's mentally fit enough to wear the shirt (sorry if insensitive) and we need more pacey effective attackers.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
That's quite interesting. The main question would be would a prospective buyer take over his current contract.
Got excited when I saw the price, then I noticed the Daily Star tag on the post

Fahad Jawaid

The reason why we are never able to recoup anything is because of the attitude as a club and fans we have. We have already seen him for two years, he does not have it to succeed here, he does not have the hunger, attitude, physicality, intensity to survive in the premier league, he is weak, any sort of physical challenge he will never come away with the ball, infact he loses the 70-30 challenges as well, because of mentality. I don't like Antony either, because I feel we have heavily overpaid for him and he is extremely one dimensional.

However, he has one thing in him that makes me think there is a possibility he may become better, he has the attitude, fight and determination to succeed here. If we continue to keep him and reject 50M, then we deserve the absolute bottle job players and then wonder why City and Liverpool performs in big matches and why we fold like a deck of cards.

Son

Apparently Spurs will offer £50m bite their hand off and take it.

Sancho99

Manchester United would listen to offers in the region of £45m for Sancho. Maguire will be allowed to leave if a £40m offer comes in. #MUFC would ask in the region of £40m to sell McTominay. @ChrisWheelerDM

Sounds like we may be open to letting him leave. Maybe Ten Hag has seen enough.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I’ve said for a while that I’d happily see him leave.

Nothing at all against the lad, I think he seems like a good bloke actually.

It just hasn’t happened, hasn’t clicked and I don’t think it will.

I’d offer him and 60m for Kane. I really think it’s worth doing.

jm99

How does selling him work from an ffp perspective? Isn't there something about his value on the book still being so much after 2 years and selling him for less makes it a loss and we wouldn't get additional funds or something?

Also no one is taking him on 375k a week

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
How does selling him work from an ffp perspective? Isn't there something about his value on the book still being so much after 2 years and selling him for less makes it a loss and we wouldn't get additional funds or something?

Also no one is taking him on 375k a week
From an FFP standpoint there is no benefit to selling him. I think it may even reduce our FFP spend as technically he’d count as a loss if we sell him for less than we bought him for.

I think taking that into consideration, as well as his homegrown status, he’ll stay this season. He’ll provide cover at LW and RW, but he is last chance saloon this season. Next summer, if he has an okay season, we will have amortised his transfer fee enough to shift him at an FFP profit should we get 40-50m for him, I believe.

There’s a caveat to all this, in that his future probably revolves around Maguire and McTominay. If they leave for half decent fees, it’ll free up enough FFP space that even if we sell him at a loss, we’ll have plenty of space to play with.

In terms of pure merit, he should be moved on. Wages too high, performance too low. There’s an argument to be made that we can’t really judge anyone properly until they’ve had a full 12 months to absorb the new managers’ way of playing, but I just don’t see it with Jadon. He looks like He’s mentally not up to it. If FFP wasn’t a consideration I’d move him on.

I don’t know how much his contract is an impediment to him moving. Firstly, a player his age is going to want to play, not sit on the bench and collect a paycheck and rot. Unless his name is Winston Bogarde. Secondly, the headline numbers (375k), we (a) don’t know if they are accurate (people love some hyperbole), and (b) how they are structured. Even if it is 375k, which would surprise me a little, we don’t know how much is guaranteed and how much is incentivised. We know the club has moved heavily towards incentivised deals over the last decade so he could be on a 200k base with the other 175k being dependent on performances, contributions, appearances etc. Which, as he isn’t playing much, would make him much easier to shift.

I already know people will respond by saying the club is so stupid they’ll just be paying him 375k flat, but I doubt that to be true. And either way, there’s little way of knowing for sure. So I won’t bother speculating too much. Also, if he goes abroad to a country with a more favourable tax structure, that can also have an affect on what the gross needs to be.

Last edited:

Betson

If some club is willing to take him for 45/50 Million we would be very foolish not to cut our loses and sell him.

We have made the mistake so many times of holding on to under performing players hoping they come good only to see they never will and are basically worthless in the last year of their contract.

He is not the type of player ETH would have purchased and I don't think he is a payer he fully trusts.

scottser

He's not worth his salary, that's for sure. Yeah, I'd sell him.

Blood Mage

Unsellable with his crazy wages. Hopefully he'll be loaned out with the other club paying a large chunk of his salary.

Edwards6

I'd definitely sell him if we had the chance, for all the technical skill he's got it's not enough without the right attitude and work rate

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
He seems ok being a squad player, I don't know why you would sell him even if you wanted to, you couldn't.
He still has 3 years of contract with a good salary, he's basically unsellable.

samlee86

Have we tried. Al Ahli are offering crazy money for Lukaku. Al Hilal just signed Ruben Neves for £45m.

He’s definitely not “unsellable”

Oh_Dear

Yes I'd like to sell him given how poorly he has performed. I know it would mean taking a hit on our FFP situation for this window but I'd rather that than have another Sanchez situation (expensive wage warming the bench each week). And yes it would affect our Home Grown numbers but that's not a good enough reason to keep him.

No I don't think we'll be able to sell him given his wages.

Best option would be a part exchange for another player where we subsidize his wage at the new club - but the chances of that happening are very low.

ForeverRed1

I seem to be in the minority but I think he deserves a third season. There can be no more excuses though, it’s make or break.

RuudTom83

I'd keep him for another season...but if United could get the £55-60million you could look at it as Mount IN Sancho OUT

But I would dread to think of the thread bumps every time Sancho got an assist.

croadyman

I'd keep him for another season...but if United could get the £55-60million you could look at it as Mount IN Sancho OUT

But I would dread to think of the thread bumps every time Sancho got an assist.
Yeah depends on the offer

Ekeke

Think he was okay, just not an always starter last season. I'd be inclined to give him another year to 18 months and also push him to play more roles than he usually does for us. He rarely gets a game on the right or in the AM position and thats often where he's looked more suited. He's certainly not of the same nature as Rashford, someone to break on the left with pace come inside and shoot. He's quite ordinary doing that. He's better getting into the box to finish or playing a good pass for a teammate to get them in. And we dont see much of that from the left. We saw lots of it from the right at Dortmund and in theory, it should happen more in the middle. Obviously he needs to be playing well enough to pick him in the middle over the other options.

troylocker

I would definitely not sell him. He's a world class talent and it's shame we haven't been able to manage more out of him so far.

Rossa

I would definitely not sell him. He's a world class talent and it's shame we haven't been able to manage more out of him so far.
There have been many world class talents that just didn't work out. Talent will only get you that far. We've had few midfield talents greater than Anderson, but look how that turned out from a very promising start, may I add. Loved the guy, but...

Sancho definitely has something to offer, but does he exert himself enough? Is his workrate good enough? Is his attitude good enough? I don't know...

troylocker

There have been many world class talents that just didn't work out. Talent will only get you that far. We've had few midfield talents greater than Anderson, but look how that turned out from a very promising start, may I add. Loved the guy, but...

Sancho definitely has something to offer, but does he exert himself enough? Is his workrate good enough? Is his attitude good enough? I don't know...
Sancho produced world class numbers from the midfield consistantly in a top 5 league as a teenager for Dortmund and he's just turned 23:

18/19 season: 33 goal contributions in 2967 minutes - 1,00 G+A/90
19/20 season: 40 goal contributions in 3274 minutes - 1,10 G+A/90
20/21 season: 36 goal contributions in 2974 minutes - 1,09 G+A/90

Fantastic numbers consistantly!

Our management has obviously not got the most out of him, and he can do a lot better than he has for us so far. It's all down to confidence, motivation, coaching and management. If he's not been motivated enough, that's actually also on us. It's our job to motivate, coach and mentor our young players to become better and funtion as a part of a team.

Anderson was bought off the back of a season and a half with a total of 1395 minutes of first team football in Portugal in his bag. Not comparable at all.

Last edited: