Would you sell Jadon Sancho this summer? And do you think he will be sold?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So yeah, two questions here. If you were in charge would you sell him? And do you think the club will sell him?

I'd sell him personally as I still think we could get a decent amount of money for him. I hope he proves me wrong, but if we keep him and he has another stinker (likely), he's going for peanuts the summer after.

Alas, I don't think the club will sell him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
No way. He is very talented player. Next year he will hit his form. I have no doubt

ManRed

I would sell him and martial this summer and reuse the funds elsewhere as Rashford, Garnacho can play LW. But their wages makes it very difficult to move them.

justboy68

If we could recoup a decent fee for him yeah but don't see that happening. Need to hope he can just finally click next season.

No one will come anywhere near him on those wages.

joedirt87

Would I sell, absolutely. Will we sell, probably not. I can live with his end product not being consistent, what I refuse to see more of is his weak mentality with challenges, winning 2nd balls, or anything that resembles giving that extra bit of effort. Maybe he's giving maximum effort but it sure doesn't look like it.

Raw

If we can get a decent fee, say £40-50m, then maybe. No one's taking him with the wages he's on though. Just have to hope he comes good next season.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Normally I'd say yes. Two years is more than enough time to evaluate a player and make a call on his future.

The only reason I'd hold off on selling him this summer is due to the FFP ramifications. Unless we get a large fee (unlikely), getting rid of him would make our spending constraints even worse as we'd have to write down his book value.

Best case scenario would be a loan with wages paid by the receiving club, with an obligation to buy next summer. Don't think that'll realistically happen though.

Oranges038

Yes and not a chance he leaves.

Just another "on his day" and "next year" player.

Like Martial it's all hope and eventual disappointment.

Get rid and bring in a younger hungrier player.

bringbackbebe

Jadon Sancho, before ETH sent him to the mentality camp, was terrible every time he played. Couldn't dribble past players, lost balls frequently and wasn't an attacking threat. Then ETH sent him to the camp and the results are there for every one to see.

Actually, no. He's still the same and not least bit effective. I'd sell him in a jiffy if there's an offer. He's had 2 full years.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
If we get a decent bid then absolutely. However, I don't see many teams doing so and there's also the homegrown quota to think about. Would I sell him? Absolutely, will it happen? Doubtful.

Jaae

Not ITK
He’s one of the highest paid players in the world. I always give new players 2 years before judging, and he hasn’t been good enough. I’m not sure we even need him as a squad player given we now have Rashford/Garnacho for LW and he’s even more useless anywhere else.

Back To Madeira

Keep. If we can train him to think he's on the other team then he might start passing the ball forward.

spiriticon

1) Yes, 2) No

I don't think United is the right club for him. I think he needs a Mourinho type manager in his life at this time.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
And by decent money, I'm think around £40m. I'm just conscious of the fact United are useless when it comes to selling players, and typically hold on to them for too long. I feel like we could be doing the same here. I really hope the lad proves me wrong

RedDevil@84

So yeah, two questions here. If you were in charge would you sell him? And do you think the club will sell him?

I'd sell him personally as I still think we could get a decent amount of money for him. I hope he proves me wrong, but if we keep him and he has another stinker (likely), he's going for peanuts the summer after.

Alas, I don't think the club will sell him.
I would sell him. I am terribly disappointed that he could not step up this season. Seems like a nothing player, despite all the work the club put him by making him train individually and all.
The club won't sell him. We have a history of keeping such players.
No one will buy him because of his silly salary. He is one of the top 10 paid footballers in the world. Don't see him foregoing his salary.

mav_9me

I wouldn't sell him. I'd give him one more season where hopefully we play more of a possession game on the edge of opposition box which is where he can be very useful.

But I can understand those who'd sell him.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
And by decent money, I'm think around £40m. I'm just conscious of the fact United are useless when it comes to selling players, and typically hold on to them for too long. I feel like we could be doing the same here. I really hope the lad proves me wrong
Aren't his wages really high, like £250k/week? If so, there's no way he'd sell for anywhere close to £40m.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No and no.

As far as I'm aware we'd have to sell him for something like 50m just to avoid hurting ourselves from an FFP perspective. And then would presumably need to sign another attacker in his place? It wouldn't make any sense.

We don't need to free up money. We need to free up scope to spend. It isn't the same thing.

Varun

Staff
Yes - New 9 means it's Rashford + Garna on the left which makes Sancho redundant.

No - We're not shrewd/ ruthless like that.

Von Mistelroum

I probably would as it has sadly become apparent that for whatever reason, he's lost what he once had and can barely do the absolute basics most of the time. However, I don't know the full circumstances of what's gone on with him so that might be something the club take into account.

I don't think we'll sell him though as we paid a lot for him and his current worth is very low. Personally, I think I'd be looking to leave if I were him as he's likely to end up third choice on the left next season.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I’d keep him. He is still young and is nowhere close to what he might be capable of.
Just don’t think fans will ever forget his price tag.

Gandalf

I think we are almost obligated to keep him around at least another season due to the financial ramifications but I would look very closely at how we are going to deploy him going forward. He lacks the pace and directness to play wide effectively and at this point is probably our third choice at best on either side based on the form of others. I do think he adds something when playing against a low block due to his ability to maneuver in tight spaces and pick a pass in a crowd and so could be an alternative to Bruno or even play in midfield with Bruno against sides who are setting up just to stop us.

It is still hard to see a long term role for him here though and our best bet is to hopefully make him a decent rotational player with some impact off the bench for the next season or two so that we can generate some kind of fee in a year or two when the financial ramifications of selling him won't be so negative.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I would sell him because he pisses me off, similarly to Pogba - utterly talented but poor discipline/drive/mentality. I don't think this will go away easily. And neither will Sancho.

FerociousCorgis

can we just pin the financial info on what he has left and how FFP affects his sale? feel like people think if we get 20-30 for him that helps us when it doesnt remotely help our transfer budget and just makes things worse.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Aren't his wages really high, like £250k/week? If so, there's no way he'd sell for anywhere close to £40m.
I don't know his exact wage, but yeah - they are very high. Which, as you alluded to, will probably be the reason why he sticks around.

Dearg hÉireann

I'd sell him in a heartbeat.

Let's call a spade a spade, If he was at any other top club he'd be out the door after 2 piss poor seasons but seeing as it's United it probably won't be the last we see of him in a United shirt.

Baneofthegame

Well with Garnacho coming through he's basically not needed, but there's no way we will be able to sell him, so, may as well keep him for another homegrown spot.

redzombie

1. we should probably cash in if we can. I doubt he'd be happy as a backup to Rashford, Anthony or Garnacho, so probably best to get rid as he wont be starting in front of any of them next season
2. doubt it unfortunately

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Will be another Phil Jones except on 300k+. I don't see how he will play much next season especially if we strengthen further over the summer.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I heard those bloody words ‘generational talent’ used about him before he put a red shirt on. Surely we won’t be letting a generational talent go

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
For the right price then I say yes. Sancho is best as LW and Garnacho is the perfect cover/competition for Rashy. I doubt we'll sell him though. His salary is simply too high

Ludens the Red

I’m convinced Dortmund would take him back especially if they sell Bellingham. Dortmund probably can only pay 65% of his current salary but if he’s told by United he isn’t wanted you’d wonder why he’d then stay.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I would only consider selling him because we have Rashford in his spot and Garnacho emerging as competition, but as has been said it wouldn't help us from a FFP perspective.

I do still believe there is a place in this team for Sancho though. As we move into Ten Hag 2.0 I suspect our attacking play will suit his skill set far more than it currently does