Would you sell Pogba to finance a deal for Sancho?

jesperjaap

What I dont understand is all over the internet so much "pogba and fernandes will be unstoppable" type comments.....people seem to forget. Pogba has been here three seasons now isnt it? Exclude the 3months Ole took over and he has probably warranted his world star tag less than 10games.

He may have all the attributes and ability in the world to be labelled our most talented player, but he has never consistently proved it. Take away the name and hype and losing Pogba really isnt as big a deal as it has been made up to be based on his performances. Add to that we already have his replacement in Fernandes.

If it wasnt for this virus I think we would have been happily selling him to the highest bidder this summer. Now I am not so sure, but he isnt committed to the club and he isnt anywhere near world class for us either.

Personally I would sell him for what we paid for him. As Fernandes has already shown in literally a couple of months, there are so many other central midfielders out there that may not have the same talent but can give us much more consistant quality and heart

fps

TBF most of the drama is driven by the media that wants attention (money) and by his haters online. He hasn't put a foot wrong since the "maybe it's time for a new challenge" comment. Some people seem to just be obsessed with this player for some bizarre reason.
Rubbish. His agent does nothing but push the messages the client wants. Pogba has been deliberately briefing to try and get out of Manchester for years, and the irony is he feels like he’s only half arrived in the first place.

fps

What I dont understand is all over the internet so much "pogba and fernandes will be unstoppable" type comments.....people seem to forget. Pogba has been here three seasons now isnt it? Exclude the 3months Ole took over and he has probably warranted his world star tag less than 10games.

He may have all the attributes and ability in the world to be labelled our most talented player, but he has never consistently proved it. Take away the name and hype and losing Pogba really isnt as big a deal as it has been made up to be based on his performances. Add to that we already have his replacement in Fernandes.

If it wasnt for this virus I think we would have been happily selling him to the highest bidder this summer. Now I am not so sure, but he isnt committed to the club and he isnt anywhere near world class for us either.

Personally I would sell him for what we paid for him. As Fernandes has already shown in literally a couple of months, there are so many other central midfielders out there that may not have the same talent but can give us much more consistant quality and heart
Absolutely, Fernandes hasn’t waited for better quality players or underperformed because the system isn’t right. He’s just gone in and played. Pogba’s a primadonna and he’s not worth it because at the heart of the matter he’s not as good as people think he is.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Well if you look at him objectively:

16-17
- UEFA Europa league Player of the year (7.74 avg rating in whoscored too, highest in our team)
- avg 7.72 rating in the league by whoscored (highest in our team, 2nd is Ibra with 7.41)
- 9 goals, 5 assists
17-18
- avg 7.48 rating in the league by whoscored (highest in our team)
- 15th place in Ballon D'or, highest from our squad.
- 6 goals, 11 assists (most assists in our team)
18-19
- Premierleague team of the year
- avg 7.31 rating in the league by whoscored (highest in our team, 2nd is Herrera with 6.96)
- 16 goals, 10 assists (most goals+assists in our team)
19-20
- 1st half:Injured.
- 2nd half:season suspended due to pandemic

Even you don't like him, and he didn't show up in every matches and was rather inconsistent, he is still easily our best outfield player over past 3 years (apart from this season where he is injured). I think everyone would at least agree he is by far our most creative player too. Of course people will be looking forward to his midfield partnership with Bruno.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Absolutely, Fernandes hasn’t waited for better quality players or underperformed because the system isn’t right. He’s just gone in and played. Pogba’s a primadonna and he’s not worth it because at the heart of the matter he’s not as good as people think he is.
Fernandes has immediately played with better players than Pogba did when he first arrived, we’ve got a settled back four and the additions of Maguire and AWB have been great. We are now a side only a couple of players short of competing...in fact if we got Sancho and kept Pogba, I could see us being a real force. Pogba has played in a mishmash of teams with terrible defences and static target men forwards.
You’re comparing apples with oranges, even ignoring the fact that Pogba has been our best outfield player in his time back.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
No I wouldn't. I think we just need to focus on keeping our talent and bringing in the likes of Sancho. We know Pogbas agents talks a lot. But I think we were such an unstable club. Now, the promise is there. We need to look to push on. A great incentive is their to win trophies. We need to get him signed up and raring to go. I think we need to define his role better. Give him more responsibility. I remember his first game back for us. So much talent. We just need to define what we need from him. Personally, I want him drifting forwards and a final third type player. He can ping it long on the counter but I think we need to set him a target and say - let's meet targets. I think all of us look at our midfield now and it's pleasing.

Now having said that. I would never sell Pogba. If we want that Norwegian lad, we're going to have to make it work anyway but if I were manager, I would only consider part exchange of two quality players to bolster the squad. That said, if Juve offered us Ronaldo as a direct swap, i'd take it because those he's pushing on I think he could play on for many years but it wouldn't happen. For me Ronaldo is the exception because not only does he still produce but he could have a good impact on the younger lads. It's a shame we weren't in for him when he left the mob.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Now having said that. I would never sell Pogba. If we want that Norwegian lad, we're going to have to make it work anyway but if I were manager, I would only consider part exchange of two quality players to bolster the squad. That said, if Juve offered us Ronaldo as a direct swap, i'd take it because those he's pushing on I think he could play on for many years but it wouldn't happen. For me Ronaldo is the exception because not only does he still produce but he could have a good impact on the younger lads. It's a shame we weren't in for him when he left the mob.
Ronaldo will only go somewhere where he can have a realistic chance of winning the CL. We're not at that stage. Hopefully in the not-too-distant future, but it'll probably be too late for Ronaldo to be an option.

OverratedOpinion

If he doesnt want to he here then sure. If he is happy to stay then no. I feel like a midfield with Pogba and Bruno both fit and in form would be amazing.

-Supreme-

We have been strongly linked with both Bellingham and VdB, and it has gone surprisingly quiet from Pogba's camp lately, perhaps we have already agreed to let him go and instructed the other club to keep quiet until we bring in the replacements? Similar to how Ronaldo had left us in his final year...

It appears Ole may not be looking for a pure DM with Matic not likely to stay beyond next year. Our midfield has a good balance of experience and youth and shouldn't require further investment for years to come.

2020-2021
Matic
Fred
McT
Bellingham
VdB
Bruno

2021-2022
Fred
McT
Bellingham
VdB
Bruno
Mejbri

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Ronaldo will only go somewhere where he can have a realistic chance of winning the CL. We're not at that stage. Hopefully in the not-too-distant future, but it'll probably be too late for Ronaldo to be an option.
I think these are not normal circumstances. Cannot really predict. I think Ronaldo would be interested. At 35, of course he will want a CL but a lot of people are talking about Liverpool right now. Ronaldo could certainly help us challenge for a league but of course this is all based on speculation anyway. I certainly don't think it's clear cut. He might have gone France, but I think the league wouldn't interest him. Just a feeling

wolvored

If we could get £100 mill for Pogba (doubtful though) then that would cover the Sancho fee. We would still need to bring in a top class CM though as if Bruno gets injured our sparkle disappears. Grealish or similar would still need to be bought in. I would look to shift Pogba anyway as he is wsay too inconsistant for a supposedly WC player and according to his agent doesnt want to be here anyway.