Would you sell Rashford?

UnitedFire

He turns 25 this year. Plenty of time in his career to come good again, but would you cash in anyway?

I'm certainly starting to get to the point that if someone offered £70m+ I'd take it. That's a probably highly unlikely price given current form, but one of Madrid or Barca might be tempted to see if they can get the best out of him again.

Might just be we need a better midfield and lots of players will improve, but Rashford really is looking awful.

IWat

If hypothetically I was his manager I think I'd leave him out for a few games, fake an injury, give him a bit of time away and see how he comes back. He's clearly struggling to play his way out of this, so time to try something different.

Red Rash

I'm still not convinced he is as bad a player as he is performing at the moment.

A year or two ago and he looked like a potential world class player but at the moment he doesn't look like he has ever played football in his life.

At the moment Rashford is basically unsellable anyway since his performances wouldn't justify the price we would want and the wages he would want

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
In an instant. His career will slowly go downhill when he realises he’s not anywhere near as good as he thinks he is. That huge contract he is on sums this club up.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He turns 25 this year. Plenty of time in his career to come good again, but would you cash in anyway?

I'm certainly starting to get to the point that if someone offered £70m+ I'd take it. That's a probably highly unlikely price given current form, but one of Madrid or Barca might be tempted to see if they can get the best out of him again.

Might just be we need a better midfield and lots of players will improve, but Rashford really is looking awful.
Barca cant afford him, Madrid buy better players. It has to be PSG.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
PLEASE stop making threads on rashford or else a few blood vessels will burst in my head, i dont want to think about it.

hobbers

In a second but no club would be stupid enough to pay money for him.

Redlyn

The question is more who I wouldn't sell with team. But we need replacements.

finneh

It is difficult to remember many players in the past that have suddenly regained form after 2 years of consistently poor performances (even when scoring he's generally been poor); without having changed club.

Our issue will be finding someone who would pay a decent transfer fee (£45m+) and also cover his huge wages.

lex talionis

A loan to a club like Atletico might do Rashford wonders. There’s still a decent player in his skin, but words cannot fully describe how awful he’s been since he returned from surgery.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
It is difficult to remember many players in the past that have suddenly regained form after 2 years of consistently poor performances (even when scoring he's generally been poor); without having changed club.

Our issue will be finding someone who would pay a decent transfer fee (£45m+) and also cover his huge wages.
Precisely. Think we are the only “top” club in the league that rewards mediocrity. Anyone else and he would be out on his arse by now.

hobbers

A loan to a club like Atletico might do Rashford wonders. There’s still a decent player in his skin, but words cannot fully describe how awful he’s been since he returned from surgery.
He would struggle to start for Atletico's reserves on current form.

AaronRedDevil

In a heartbeat. How many years does son have on his contract? I'm not joking. Feck haaland and Jude. We need a dangerous attacker. This is him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ronnie, Cavani, Greenwood all probably going. Add to this Rashford and we need full scale rebuild in that formation.

I'd think about it, if we had elite rivalry in the squad and we don't even got one vital striker.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We're short on options as is.

Let's deal with replacing Cavani, Ronaldo and Greenwood first before we get rid of any other attackers

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Perfect Mbappe replacement for PSG. 100 million should do it. French kids rejoice!

Someone

Something
We wouldn't get a decent price for him on current form.

It's still unclear for me what's behind this decline, doesn't seem that there's an attitude issue. I also assume he's training well, and we know he's overall a good apple. Could be that his confidence is shot, which is a common theme among a lot of our talented players, the complete collapse under pressure.

All in all this year has been horrible for a lot of players. Worth waiting for a new manager to make up his mind. But at the moment I'd start Mata over him easily.

Hester_manc

NO - I would not sell Rashford. He has been here forever, and we all have seen, how he can play. He is a human like anyone else, and life goes up and down. He is having a difficult time right now, and deserves the support of the fans instead of a discussion about whether he should be sold. I'm not a big fan of the lack of loyalty that I think many United fans show towards multiple players. It is perfectly fine to point out that a player is no longer good enough, such as Ronaldo, where age has caught up with him. But a player like Rashford, who is a player in his prime, should probably come back again. Even though he is in bad shape and lacks confidence - the same goes for Maguire, by the way.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Ronaldo has somewhat hampered his progress. Before, we would look for the runs of Rashford over the top, but now our attack centers around Ronaldo. I will wait and see how he performs again when Ronaldo isn’t a starter and Rashford is one of our main forward. I will like to see a team consistenting or Bruno as the false 9, with Rashford and Sancho/elanga as the other attackers.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I probably wouldn't. But he should without doubt know that he's on the brink whereas the feeling I get is that he is one of the faces of the club which is odd

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ronaldo has somewhat hampered his progress. Before, we would look for the runs of Rashford over the top, but now our attack centers around Ronaldo. I will wait and see how he performs again when Ronaldo isn’t a starter and Rashford is one of our main forward. I will like to see a team consistenting or Bruno as the false 9, with Rashford and Sancho/elanga as the other attackers.
As much as I disagree with the Ronaldo signing Rashford has been poor for a long while now and it's his doing.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
As much as I disagree with the Ronaldo signing Rashford has been poor for a long while now and it's his doing.
Let see how he does under a different manager. I feel Rashford will thrive under Pochettino because of the way poch utilize Mbappe Rashford could benefit from that, but he might struggle under ten hag though. With the latter, the central focus will be our striker like haller is for Ajax, so we will see a continued struggle as we are seeing with Ralf.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Is Ronaldo forcing Rashford not to make runs?

It's hilarious how much excuses people make up for Rashford when he doesn't even bother to put in the bare minimum of effort in his games this season.

What Rashford needs is to get dumped into the reserves so he gets a clue of where his career is currently headed.

Chairman Steve

If we weren’t so completely fecked for options in this area, I absolutely would put him on sale in the summer and I would predict us selling him would go down as one of the best decisions we’ve ever made.

But his competition involves two old boys who won’t be here come August and someone who shouldn’t play pro football again if these allegations are true.

SAFMUTD

There's not a player in our current squad which I wouldn't sell for 70M. Even Bruno. Rashford for 70M? In a heartbeat.

JG3001

I would if the right offer came along, because I have this gut feeling he’s on the Rooney trajectory. But we’d have to have a replacement lined up obviously, with the countless others we’re in need of as well…