Would you sell Rashford?

Godfather

The only reason why I could see the club wanting Lingard to stay is if we are not spending much this summer, which would fit into the last briefings of the club that an "evolution" not a "revolution" is planned. Would be a huge shame.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
He wouldn’t be the first out the door for me, but he is on the list. If someone comes in with a half decent bid (£40million+) I’d take it.

He just doesn’t seem to have any ability to know when to pass, to dribble or to shoot. He just runs at defenders and loses the ball constantly. I can’t remember the last decent game he had playing for us.

His wages are a joke and doesn’t produce enough to warrant them, so if we can get him off the books, so be it. If he does rejuvenate his career elsewhere, that’s fine, but it wouldn’t mean we made a mistake as a change of environment is often needed in this type of case.

King_Cantona07

Sell surely. Without his pace he’s got nothing to offer, no ability to hold up ball, make good passes or finish. So after his injury he seems to have lost balance and pace which are key to his type of player who can only get something if able to beat for pace. Add on the lack of effort to even track back or chase lost ball. All hints to a player who should be sold immediately.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I have a feeling now that we're moving past the post-covid economics to an extent, that the inflation won't be as hard-defined as that. Also, Rashford was core under Ole, so it's just a matter of how seriously the buying club think of Rangnick, in which case they're not going to be in to buy the lad at all. At the end of the day, it's a marketing play more than a football play tbh.
I hope you're right btw. If there is sale in the future, I pray we get the highest possible fee

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
True but he's not being sold for all the wrong reasons.
Don't think he deserves binning because of a bad 18 months. Everyone in the squad, bar Ronaldo, has had a bad 18 months or even more.

When Rashford is on his game he's a very good player. Hopefully Ten Hag awakes the beast inside and gets him fired up again. He gets another season for me to turn things around which I think he will do.

lysglimt

Scout
I would give him next season under a new manager - I doubt we would get a big bid for him in the summer anyway.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Don't think he deserves binning because of a bad 18 months. Everyone in the squad, bar Ronaldo, has had a bad 18 months or even more.

When Rashford is on his game he's a very good player. Hopefully Ten Hag awakes the beast inside and gets him fired up again. He gets another season for me to turn things around which I think he will do.
I could live with giving him 6 months under ETH but what would ruin it for me is if the club gives him another contract, even on the same money until we see how those 6 months goes.

I could live with giving him 6 months under ETH but what would ruin it for me is if the club gives him another contract, even on the same money until we see how those 6 months goes.
This, 100%. He has done well for us in the past but so did Eric Cantona and we are not offering him a new contract. Give him to Xmas under Ten Hag and see how he goes. If there is no improvement he is sold for any reasonable offer in January or summer 2023

Lee1001

Been stealing a living for three seasons. Can’t we just skip to the bit where he plays for Brighton. In truth was only ever an average player. The kick and chase ball that Ole played suited him more, he is terrible with the ball.

Caesar2290

Every single photo and video I've seen of him he looks like he had a massive hangover. His whole demeanor screams that "I'd rather be somewhere else". You know you've got a problem, when Martial looks more lively than you do.

Not looking good for our Rashford lad

wolvored

I read Rash wants a defined role, i.e. from the left. The gall of the man! If we do buy Anthony or a left footed wide player and I expect Sancho will be the right sided player, he needs to be grateful of playing anywhere if picked. I dont think he will be a starting 11 player, especially if Ronaldo stays and we do buy another striker.

Lentwood

Yes. However, we haven't maximised his value, and will struggle to get close to what we might have got two years ago, had we been a bit more realistic about his abilities.

We need to get smart and categorise our Academy products much better, much earlier. We all like a 'local lad done good' story, but many of us on here have said since early-on in Rashford's career that his base technique and decision-making were nowhere near the level required to develop into the player the club wanted/desired.

Sure, Rashford could have been a useful squad player for us but we talked him up well beyond that, to a level he was never, ever going to achieve. We had people making Ronaldo, Rooney and Mbappe comparisons, which were always absolutely ludicrous. I'd have sold for any offer i.r.o £80m or more, which I think we could have gotten, peak-hype

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Yes. However, we haven't maximised his value, and will struggle to get close to what we might have got two years ago, had we been a bit more realistic about his abilities.

We need to get smart and categorise our Academy products much better, much earlier. We all like a 'local lad done good' story, but many of us on here have said since early-on in Rashford's career that his base technique and decision-making were nowhere near the level required to develop into the player the club wanted/desired.

Sure, Rashford could have been a useful squad player for us but we talked him up well beyond that, to a level he was never, ever going to achieve. We had people making Ronaldo, Rooney and Mbappe comparisons, which were always absolutely ludicrous. I'd have sold for any offer i.r.o £80m or more, which I think we could have gotten, peak-hype
It's hard to know what to do with players like Rashford. Being a local lad is obviously going to give him more leeway rightly or wrongly. I think most think that Rashford is missing some fundamental qualities to stop him reaching the very highest level even when he was knocking in the goals. I'm not a fan of Rashford but 2 years ago for me it would of been madness to sell him. He looked like he could of kicked on so just for that alone it was worth persevering with him. Why sell a player before he could reach his possible potential? In hindsight it was the obvious choice to sell him but unfortunately hindsight is just that.