Would you sell Rashford?

clarkydaz

for all the moping and feeling sorry for himself Ralf has actually given him lots of gametime to prove himself. Get rid and lay a marker down this shit doesnt fly anymore

OrcaFat

Rashford has never ever, been close to show the consistancy and drive Beckham and Rooney did.

Rashford should not be compared to these players.
True. I was just saying you can’t just go on the most recent season and forget about his previous level.

OrcaFat

You cannot compare Rooney to Rashford.
Rooney performed at the highest level for over a decade. He abused his body and as a result, he fell off a cliff. When he did, fans wanted him out and Jose arrived and duly obliged.
Rashford played well for about 2 seasons....that's it. He has been terrible for the last 2 years and given that we are attempting to climb to 1st place in the league, we simply can't afford to carry any passengers. This may sound cruel, but MUFC is not a charity or a holiday camp. The new manager has to be ruthless, in the same way that Guardiola was when he first arrived at MCFC
Rashford at his best was nowhere close to prime Rooney, I wasn’t comparing them. I was pointing out the similar skewed perception of their quality after periods of poor performance. With Rooney it was age etc but we don’t know why Rashford has declined so much. My point is that he is young enough to regain his best levels and even improve. It’s a decision for ETH; I won’t lose sleep if he is sold.

OrcaFat

And thats the exact mentality that will see us not challenge for a title in the next 10 years.
My mentality will not affect our prospects for success.

The point was we have a very promising player who has had a terrible run of it with injury and poor form. We could sell the lot of them and start from scratch and I wouldn’t mind that but if we’re going to keep some of these lads, then he is one that is worth some effort and patience under the new manager. I wouldn’t apply that to everyone and if ETH doesn’t agree, he ships him out and that’s okay with me.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Unless ETH has some incredible plans for him, if someone offered round about the 85 mil mark or above, we should let him go.

We are the WORST at moving on players when we should, and we only try to ship them out when they're done and no one see any value in them anymore. At this point, we know Rashford's ceiling, and there is a certain amount of positional greyness that has become signature to this team. Barring a rare season with him and Martial both finding an extra gear, his numbers aren't exactly remarkable (I'm going to keep his England record aside, because it doesn't count for jack in anything that we do). His last operation also seems to have affected his pace, which limits him as a footballer. His sale could help us rebuild with far more balance. Whether we like it or not, pretending we're a 'feeder' club with our existing crop of stars is exactly what will enable us to turn this situation around.
:lol:

Canuckred64

I don't think Rashfird's head is totally into football. He seems to be just as concerned with being some kind of social justice warrior. If he's not going to give 100% of what he has to football, we should sell him. I would hate to sell him, I think he's a very good player, but if his head is elsewhere , he's not good enough to get away giving football have his attention.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I wouldn't. I'd keep him and play him as no.9 and then see if he is as good as he thinks he is.
He's not a 9. He's never been a good 9. He said a few times he doesn't even want to be a 9. One his worst attributes is a required strength for a 9 (hold up play with back to goal). This would be a madness idea.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Rashford Pogba and Lingard are all players living off relatively short purple patches that makes people harbour the faint hope they can replicate it again in the future over a longer period. The truth is for the last 6 years with these guys we’ve been absolutely miles off the biggest prizes, nowhere close. No real consistency over a whole season. Quite often far too lazy on the pitch. Big wages. Fitness worries with Pogba and Rashford. Rash and Pogba supposedly need teams to be totally built around them or the excuses start up again. They Aren’t really team players etc. all 3 seem to enjoy the celebrity of football more than excelling on the pitch at any cost. what more do people really need to see? It’s been long enough and we keep choking. We badly need to change it up.

Last edited:

HookedOnAPhelan

Yeah I can't see us selling him either, unless he requests a transfer.

Hopefully Ten Hag can resuscitate him

stw2022

Wonder if his phone has stopped ringing by now. These days the poor love probably keeps cold callers on the line until they hang up.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The thing is if he really wants to be a social activist and all that ,he would actually need to be good at football , no one will give a shit if he's some average player.
Everyone tries to emulate ali and the like but in the process they forget that they were actually very good in their main job, like supremely good.

stw2022

Yeah I can't see us selling him either, unless he requests a transfer.

Hopefully Ten Hag can resuscitate him
If he can, great. The stank of playing like he isn’t arsed because he’s sulking about no longer being there centre of the universe will linger for a while IMO

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No chance someone comes in with a silly money offer to buy him, so we'll just have to hope that the new manager is the first guy since Fergie to get the best out of players.

It's quite a struggle to name a signing we've made since Fergie left that has either been a definite prolonged success, or improved.

You don't back us to bring someone better in, that's the biggest concern with any Rashford sale.

clarkydaz

I don't think Rashfird's head is totally into football. He seems to be just as concerned with being some kind of social justice warrior. If he's not going to give 100% of what he has to football, we should sell him. I would hate to sell him, I think he's a very good player, but if his head is elsewhere , he's not good enough to get away giving football have his attention.
more like social media warrior

The Siege

This scenario happens on which Earth ?
Considering the tripe being sold for a 100 million and the hilarious ideas in the market such as Ruben Neves being a 100 mil, if we play the supply and demand curve well, I genuinely believe we could get this, even if it does sound ridiculous at his current state. The supply of wide forwards is limited as hell, and a lot of clubs believe Manchester United's players are capable of more outside of Manchester United's systems. In the hands of a good negotiator (no idea who that could be), his temporary form could be brushed away for the value he holds in the future. We just need to pretend really well that we don't want to let him go.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Considering the tripe being sold for a 100 million and the hilarious ideas in the market such as Ruben Neves being a 100 mil, if we play the supply and demand curve well, I genuinely believe we could get this, even if it does sound ridiculous at his current state. The supply of wide forwards is limited as hell, and a lot of clubs believe Manchester United's players are capable of more outside of Manchester United's systems. In the hands of a good negotiator (no idea who that could be), his temporary form could be brushed away for the value he holds in the future. We just need to pretend really well that we don't want to let him go.
Even if there is an inflation, it ( the 80+ millions sales) still happens to players who are playing well and/or who have vital roles for their teams. Rashford is neither of those things

RiqCantona

Have him for one more season and see how he performs. I still think there's a world class player in him. It would be terrible to see him comeback and haunt us.

Banana Republic

Have him for one more season and see how he performs. I still think there's a world class player in him. It would be terrible to see him comeback and haunt us.
Sorry to pick you out, but that’s something that keeps getting repeated.
Where’s the evidence that ” there’s a world class player” in there?
Up until last season, we saw a bright young player, with plenty of pace, scoring a good number of goals, mostly from sprinting free behind the opposition’s back line, on the counter attack; but little else.
He also dribbled and beat a few players, even with the odd nutmeg or trick or two, but his decision making was poor and he looked very raw.
It was brilliant, but wasn’t evidence of being “ world class” at anything. Plus, it was a couple of season’s ago now.
Would you call Jamie Vardy, with his much superior goal scoring tally, “world class”?

World class is becoming a completely overused term for players who are just good or very good, for some or most of the time.
Real world class is on a completely different level, something we’ve never remotely seen from Rashford, certainly not over the last two seasons, so why do people believe it’s going to miraculously emerge if he can regain any sort of mojo and form?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If we sold every player who had a bad 18 months from the current team we'd only have Ronaldo left. Hahahahaha.

Even DDG had a bad 18 months to 2 years not that long ago for us although he has recovered his form now.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Sorry to pick you out, but that’s something that keeps getting repeated.
Where’s the evidence that ” there’s a world class player” in there?
Up until last season, we saw a bright young player, with plenty of pace, scoring a good number of goals, mostly from sprinting free behind the opposition’s back line, on the counter attack; but little else.
He also dribbled and beat a few players, even with the odd nutmeg or trick or two, but his decision making was poor and he looked very raw.
It was brilliant, but wasn’t evidence of being “ world class” at anything. Plus, it was a couple of season’s ago now.
Would you call Jamie Vardy, with his much superior goal scoring tally, “world class”?

World class is becoming a completely overused term for players who are just good or very good, for some or most of the time.
Real world class is on a completely different level, something we’ve never remotely seen from Rashford, certainly not over the last two seasons, so why do people believe it’s going to miraculously emerge if he can regain any sort of mojo and form?

Agreed. Seconded. This. Thirded.

DevilRed

He has one more chance next season to redeem himself. Which Im sure he will once Ten Hag gets us playing better football AS A TEAM.

This failure rangnick has destroyed the confidence of everyone and basically done the opposite of building a team.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
If we sold every player who had a bad 18 months from the current team we'd only have Ronaldo left. Hahahahaha.

Even DDG had a bad 18 months to 2 years not that long ago for us although he has recovered his form now.
Who's saying to retain them ? I want the entire lot moved out in the next 3 windows.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He has one more chance next season to redeem himself. Which Im sure he will once Ten Hag gets us playing better football AS A TEAM.

This failure rangnick has destroyed the confidence of everyone and basically done the opposite of building a team.
Rashford was shit long before rangnick dropped his first turd in england let alone manchester.

The Siege

Even if there is an inflation, it ( the 80+ millions sales) still happens to players who are playing well and/or who have vital roles for their teams. Rashford is neither of those things
I have a feeling now that we're moving past the post-covid economics to an extent, that the inflation won't be as hard-defined as that. Also, Rashford was core under Ole, so it's just a matter of how seriously the buying club think of Rangnick, in which case they're not going to be in to buy the lad at all. At the end of the day, it's a marketing play more than a football play tbh.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Who's saying to retain them ? I want the entire lot moved out in the next 3 windows.
Which is just not going to happen.

A world class coach will get 50-60% more out of some of these players including Rashford.

His numbers for us up until this season have been more than decent. I think people have short memories and can't look past his recent form. You only have to go back and watch his goals and assists from previous few seasons to realise there's a good player in there somewhere.

OL29

But if we start with the ones with a rotten attitude then Rashford would be first out of the door unfortunately for you.

OL29

You really don't like him do you? Hahahaha.
I loved him until this season and even now i actually think he should be given one more season, what I really dislike is the hypocrisy, you’ve got a litany of excuses for him whilst constantly digging out fans who defend players you dislike. I just wish fans were equally supportive to all our players.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Would keep him one more season at least.

He's just 25, began pretty early, so he can have an bad season after all.

I think that with a good summer of rest, a good preparation and hopefully a better environment in the team, he would regain his focus and legs.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I loved him until this season and even now i actually think he should be given one more season, what I really dislike is the hypocrisy, you’ve got a litany of excuses for him whilst constantly digging out fans who defend players you dislike. I just wish fans were equally supportive to all our players.
I have kept the faith. If he has another bad season next year then that may be that.

If we can get him back to anything like his best he immediately becomes one of our best players.

Starting to think that maybe it's the back injury still plaguing him though.

OL29

I have kept the faith. If he has another bad season next year then that may be that.

If we can get him back to anything like his best he immediately becomes one of our best players.

Starting to think that maybe it's the back injury still plaguing him though.
The reason I don’t think it’s that is because he was still very good at the beginning of last season, he still looked very explosive, and he was scoring and creating a lot. That’s why I’m worried it’s something more, but I’d be interested to see him given a run of games back on the left under Ten Haag. He’s one of our few players that’s hit a high level for us over the course of a season so it’s probably worth the gamble to see if he can get back to that level.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The reason I don’t think it’s that is because he was still very good at the beginning of last season, he still looked very explosive, and he was scoring and creating a lot. That’s why I’m worried it’s something more, but I’d be interested to see him given a run of games back on the left under Ten Haag. He’s one of our few players that’s hit a high level for us over the course of a season so it’s probably worth the gamble to see if he can get back to that level.
Rashford got injured last season though and got played through it?