Would you still watch or attend Manchester United games if we get relegated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Of course. I love United through thick and thin. I watched them on Thursday and I watched them today and I guarantee you I’d enjoy the games more if we had a proper clear out and a reset starting from the Glazers.

AlwaysRed66

I would watch them if the played in League 2 or lower. Always have done, & before the SOF years.

schmousi

Supports
some local club from my area
I watch them in PL, CL, EL, Championship, League 1, League 2, FA Cup, League Cup or wherever they play.

United is the team for me!

AFC NimbleThumb

I’d go a lot more if a huge ‘reset’ was to happen.

I’ve always believed a byproduct of good football is winning, & the more you win, the more trophies you compete to win.

The issue for me is watching a team play well. At whatever level we are operating that is what I want from this club. Be that Conference North or Champions League.

Will Singh

I've always said it doesn't matter what league we are in as long as the players are giving it all and the club has ambition then that's all that matters. Right now is when I'd rather not watch as non of the above criteria is being met.

hobbers

Only if the Glazers and every single decision maker employed at the club were gone.

Andy Hill

Would need a complete clear out from top to bottom. Would rather see passion in front of 20000 empty seats than the dross we have now.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Haven't been to a game for a while, but I always watch. I keep watching now and I really don't know why. I'd definitely still watch. It'd probably be a right laugh, smashing everyone home and away like Newcastle did.

RedDevilRoshi

Watch - sporadically yes.

Attend - definitely not unless major changes happened at board level.

madzo2007

Do you think this lot of players could handle playing Saturday, Tuesday most weeks of the season or being the club everyone will raise their game and want to beat

But yes I’d still watch

SteveW

Good purge thread. OP is a pathetic excuse for a supporter.

GazTheLegend

Yea it would be quite exciting to be playing loads of fresh teams maybe we’ve never seen before so I would definitely still be watching.

It would, in a sickening way, be pretty hilarious. We wouldn’t get out the league - at least not at first - because every team would be wildly fired up to play us and beat us. So I don’t think we’d come back up quick.

So it probably is imperative we stay up or we will be in Stoke levels of trouble! But I would still watch for sure.

It’s not impossible that it will happen either. Nobody is too big to go down.

Edit : and if you wouldn’t support us when we’re down, do yourself a favour and find a new club already. I realise that a lot of foreign fans fell in love with the club because of the brand of football we played, and I accept that, but if you get your arse to Old Trafford on a trip one day you’ll understand what it really means to be a Man Utd fan. It’s more than the football, it really is. Manchester isn’t THAT rainy and gloomy, it’s actually a pretty great city anyway :lol:

Last edited:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Of course I would still watch. I don't understand the question really. Are we supposed to switch to another team? Or stop watching football altogether?

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I barely watch our matches as it stands, so probably not. I don't think it has anything to do with glory hunting, I just genuinely feel rather disheartened watching us play.

fergiesarmy1

I barely watch our matches as it stands, so probably not. I don't think it has anything to do with glory hunting, I just genuinely feel rather disheartened watching us play.
Could be like watching (the good) Brazil in the championship though.

romufc

Yeah, won't need to loan out the youngsters to a championship club :lol:

Denis79

Obviously, I support United the division we play in won't change that.

iKnowNothing

Glazers sending feelers out to see if they can still make £££ from United fans if we get relegated. I'm sure they love all the positive responses.
/s

Sp00ks11

Well we'd probably win more in the championship hopefully, so yeah it would at least be fun to be reminded what that's like.
I don’t think you realise how bad we are, that lineup on Sunday against Newcastle would not win much at all in the championship, in fact I think they would be fighting for survival there to. I think people are naive to think that group of players is anything other than truly awful. Bar Maguire, Wan Bissaka, De Gea, Martial and Pogba United are horrendous. (James has potential)

Beagle

Of course not. It's almost at that point already to not watch the games. For people in the UK it's probably different but following United is not my job, I do it because I love watching football and started watching the game through this club. But if the football being played is going to be this bad, I'm alright with just keeping tabs on the scorelines. No point wasting a couple of hours on weekends and for people like me sometimes staying up nights.

There is also a novelty factor associated with each new season, every new player and manager. It's impossible to miss the first few games of a new season or the first couple of games for a new signing/new manager. But as soon as it wears off and the overall quality of the football doesn't improve, I can see myself skipping a lot of games.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Yep. Even though United fans (or the fans of a lot of other top/popular clubs) are stereotyped as glory hunters, I'd imagine the majority of them would actually stick around, and continue to watch matches and support the club in spirit. The way I see it, once you decide to root for a particular club, it becomes an extension of your inner circle on an emotional level — so abandoning the team in its darkest days would be analogous to forsaking a close family member or friend when they're suffering from potentially fatal illness or substance abuse issues or debilitating mental health problems, which would be unimaginable for most. In fact, the trauma of something as jarring as United getting relegated could make the support-base much more devoted and empathetic. Though of course, you would want United to reorganize itself and regain its old footing as part of the rehabilitation process — instead of sinking even deeper in the morass.

Lynty

So, things are bad. Really bad. We are currently two points above relegation with no signs of improvement. If we get relegated, what will you do?

I will not enjoy watching us play in the championship, but I believe I will still watch the few odd games. They don’t show championship games here in America, so to be honest, I will have to stream most of it. I will also protest and demand reshuffling of our club infrastructure.
Piss off man, the state of this forum.

And yes, the championship is a great league and the reality check would probably do some fans good.

Sil

So, things are bad. Really bad. We are currently two points above relegation with no signs of improvement. If we get relegated, what will you do?

I will not enjoy watching us play in the championship, but I believe I will still watch the few odd games. They don’t show championship games here in America, so to be honest, I will have to stream most of it. I will also protest and demand reshuffling of our club infrastructure.
Of course, I'd still watch them, I've supported them through thick and thin, even when we were relegated, 1974, if I remember correctly. They are my club for ever and always!

Sil

I believe the negativity of the press, and some of our fans adds to the woes of the team by affecting confidence. It easy to be critical and everyone X players as well, they are not in management, if they were I wonder how they'd do ??? So people, if you do not have anything positive to say, please keep quiet. It's early days and all this rubbish about sacking Solskjaer is demoralising for the players as well as Solskjaer.

Status
Not open for further replies.