Would you still watch or attend Manchester United games if we get relegated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

That’s actually a seriously interesting silver lining.

How many fans would take relegation if it meant the Glazers would sell the club? I’d probably take it ... guarantee some Saudi Prince or whatever would kill to take our club on.
I'd take the whatever but would have serious reservations about supporting the club if it was a Saudi Prince who took over.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
That's like investing 300k in a super car then saying ah well at least I'm faster than the fiat 500 next to me, fans shouldnt be spoiled!

It's not about being spoiled or wanting success. This is unacceptable level for man United. My support is not unconditional because I'm not a some sort of mindless drone.
If you have invested 300k in a bunch of parts that don't fit the car then you wouldn't expect the same level of performance though would you? You can't just blame the driver, which is largely what our fans are doing at the moment.

You say your support for the club is not unconditional - what does this mean? That we have to finish above a certain league position to keep your support? What are your alternatives?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
If you have invested 300k in a bunch of parts that don't fit the car then you wouldn't expect the same level of performance though would you? You can't just blame the driver, which is largely what our fans are doing at the moment.

You say your support for the club is not unconditional - what does this mean? That we have to finish above a certain league position to keep your support? What are your alternatives?
The manager and the player are all employed by the club. I have no reason to support them if they are ruining my club.

And yes I/we all expect a certain standard from Man United. If that is too "mean" then give up your 250k contracts and go play for stockport or portsmouth. You'll find a lot of cuddly warm support there.

This is Man United. A symbol and brand of only the best.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Relegation? :lol: Don't be ridiculous!
Why's it being ridiculous? We've been in relegation form for quite a while now. There's more than one gutless wonder at United. The tougher it gets the further they hide. Unless we sign well in January (what's the chances?) then relegation isn't an impossibility.

If Mou had of stayed at Chelski player power could of taken them down and they had a lot stronger squad than us now.
Personally I don't think we'll be near the relegation zone come April doesn't mean to say it is ridiculous to think it could never happen.

Moonwalker

I would have to switch to Chelsea if I'm honest, but I'd do it with a heavy heart.

Withnail

The manager and the player are all employed by the club. I have no reason to support them if they are ruining my club.

And yes I/we all expect a certain standard from Man United. If that is too "mean" then give up your 250k contracts and go play for stockport or portsmouth. You'll find a lot of cuddly warm support there.

This is Man United. A symbol and brand of only the best.
A brand? Go away out of that :lol:

It's a football club and one that had many years in the wilderness, including relegation, before Fergie came along. Supporters may not be happy with the owners/manager or players but your club is your club.
Otherwise what's the point?

You could always just go and support the league leaders every year. They'd obviously be the best brand and symbol of excellence.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Wow some of these comments :annoyed: try watching your team through years of league one football :rolleyes: you don't give up on your team, that's plastic.

Maticmaker

Yeah, why not.

Did the last time it happened.

If you take the bad times, the good times are all the better.
Agreed, I did it last time as well, also saved all my match tokens (and the front sheet of a few away programmes) and got my ticket to Wembley for the FA final, but Southampton spoiled the party!

shamans

A brand? Go away out of that :lol:

It's a football club and one that had many years in the wilderness, including relegation, before Fergie came along. Supporters may not be happy with the owners/manager or players but your club is your club.
Otherwise what's the point?

You could always just go and support the league leaders every year. They'd obviously be the best brand and symbol of excellence.
That time is long gone. Scholes not having an agent for instance for the love of his club.

It's all money and business now. If the local hero like rashford loved the club so much he wouldnt be holding out for a 250k contract. It's all professional for him and rightly so.

At the end of the day supporting a club like man United does come with an element of being the best and winning. That's a core part of this club being the most successful in U.K. you're telling me it wont matter if that's gone? Of course it will.

Wow some of these comments :annoyed: try watching your team through years of league one football :rolleyes: you don't give up on your team, that's plastic.
To each their own. Like I said before I'm not a mindless drone. Which team do you support that's in league one ? Do they have the head start man United have had?

Glazers are running the club as a business and exploiting this very notion of fans being unconditional supporters right now. If you all are happy with that then great .

For the record I'd always support man United but of course my enthusiasm and passion would die based on how and where we play

shamans

And to add to my post you cant enjoy the worlds biggest support base and then complain if they boo at the lack of quality.

As I said before if the players arent happy with "spoilt" fans only wanting wins, go play for Fulham.

Omahahaha

Of course, it would be difficult to stay away from watching.

Oles edition of Manchester United would probably not gain promotion though.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Has to be one of the worst threads I’ve seen in a while. It’s game 8, we won’t get relegated. And even if we did, stop being a plastic prick.

Chairman Steve

Of course. I’d need a laugh from all the zealots who’d still say “No you’re being stupid, Ole needs 5 years. I don’t care if we’re just outside the Championship relegation places getting beaten handsomely by the League 1 promoted teams because stand by your manager, Utd way and Busby and that... fecking troll. Go wank off to Pogba or something”

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Would try to attend as much away matches as possible and it would be worth every penny as the atmosphere would be cracking I imagine.

On the other side, probably struggled a bit to watch us on tv/stream if we would remain to be shit. So, no idea where that puts me.

Bondi77

I do not know how someone could support a club and then change to another one when times get a little tough; That type of person needs to have a good look at himself and try and find something that resembles character because life can get a lot tougher than football.

Walters_19_MuFc

Well, yeah. Regardless of how much some fans moan about their team, they always seem to keep watching them.

My dad is still a big Leeds fan (don't ask) despite them being in the championship for a long time. When he was growing up, they were very successful. Once you support a team, your heart should stay with them forever.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
To each their own. Like I said before I'm not a mindless drone. Which team do you support that's in league one ? Do they have the head start man United have had?

Glazers are running the club as a business and exploiting this very notion of fans being unconditional supporters right now. If you all are happy with that then great .

For the record I'd always support man United but of course my enthusiasm and passion would die based on how and where we play
It's fine to disagree with problems at your club but to read that people would just completely give up is a bit crazy. Of course it'd be an incredible downfall if Man Utd were to get relegated with the money they have but that's still the side you chose to support.

alexthelion

It's happened before under the Tommy Doc era. Law sending us down with that back heel after his move to citeh. (Never forgive him for that). We bounced back then with a young attacking side after just one season. And we still got the crowds at OT.
Law didn't send us down, we were relegated anyway :rolleyes:

Seen us relegated before, if it happens again it happens. true fans will stick with their team through thick and thin.

alexthelion

Surprised towards how much positivity there is towards this question. This is why Ole looks unsackable at the moment. That really show how low our standards has fallen. It is embarrassing really.

Even though, I would also watch, I would be disgruntled. I don’t see it as a highlight to play in the championship. I also wouldn’t attend as a sign of protest. United should be much better than relegation after the investment we made. We are only behind City in the most spent table post Sir Alex.
How can you be surprised, supporting a football club is in the blood. You're either a fan or not, there's no in between.

We've been down before and, no doubt, will be again in the future and no amount of entitled little brats calling themselves a "supporter" will change that.

alexthelion

That time is long gone. Scholes not having an agent for instance for the love of his club.

It's all money and business now. If the local hero like rashford loved the club so much he wouldnt be holding out for a 250k contract. It's all professional for him and rightly so.

At the end of the day supporting a club like man United does come with an element of being the best and winning. That's a core part of this club being the most successful in U.K. you're telling me it wont matter if that's gone? Of course it will.

I would certainly hope the club is being run as a business, I don't want to see them go bust.

What I'm not happy with is the internal structure but there's nothing I can personally do about that.

I will always support United. I've supported them for 50+ years and I will continue until I die. It's not a choice, you're either a fan or you're not.

Last edited by a moderator:

EvilChuck

I'd probably start supporting Man City. Same city as United so its not like changing too much, just the one word when people ask what team I support.

Or maybe Liverpool. They also play in red so i wouldnt have to redecorate my bedroom too much.

Whichever one of those is doing best at the end of the season really

Jezpeza

Why's it being ridiculous? We've been in relegation form for quite a while now. There's more than one gutless wonder at United. The tougher it gets the further they hide. Unless we sign well in January (what's the chances?) then relegation isn't an impossibility.

If Mou had of stayed at Chelski player power could of taken them down and they had a lot stronger squad than us now.
Personally I don't think we'll be near the relegation zone come April doesn't mean to say it is ridiculous to think it could never happen.
i think we have too much quality To go down and will sack ole if results continue. However, on statistics, we are bottom 3 if you start the table when he got the permanent job. And, the year chelsea came tenth after joses disaster start they had 8 points from 8 games. We have 9 from 8, similar territory. I think top 6 is already gone

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
How can you be surprised, supporting a football club is in the blood. You're either a fan or not, there's no in between.

We've been down before and, no doubt, will be again in the future and no amount of entitled little brats calling themselves a "supporter" will change that.
Yea, but surely fans would rather see their club succeed and one way to do that is through protest if things are going badly. I m not one of those top reds that will say keep Ole and because he is a United legend, I will be content if he gets us relegated. He knows United and all the other legends like Scholes, Keane, Neville, are all supporting him. So as a top red, so should I!!!

I m a fan that wants attractive football here at United. I will not be submissive to having a yes man that knows the United way as our manager at the cost of us doing really poorly. :mad:

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
The thread to begin with just shows how the new generation of "supporters" view things. It's a pretty terrible time to be watching and following United but we were were blessed with almost 25 years of success so these things go in cycles. Everyone is free to do as they please and obviously there are times when I'd rather have a chat with the missus instead of watching us play at the minute but it's like an addiction that I can't and don't want to break. We will be back on top, it will just take a lot longer than some anticipated.
Please stop with the "cycles" nonsense. We are not talking about weather patterns here. Current state of United has EVERYTHING to do with the ownership and the nepotistic, ignorant board. Have you even looked at who is on the board currently? It's Glazers this, Glazer that…, and a couple of their accountants. None of these people know ANYTHING about football. Neither do they care - they are simple leeches. And so is Woodward, who took every bit of soul from this wonderful club.

How many of you have wondered if the demise of the club began with SAF leaving, or maybe it's the opposite - maybe he left because he saw the shit-show that was starting with the departure of David Gill and the accession of Woodward?

There are very clear reasons why we are where we are and it has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with "cycles". It has everything to do with the board and with Woodward.

Last edited:

msra5kg2

So, things are bad. Really bad. We are currently two points above relegation with no signs of improvement. If we get relegated, what will you do?

I will not enjoy watching us play in the championship, but I believe I will still watch the few odd games. They don’t show championship games here in America, so to be honest, I will have to stream most of it. I will also protest and demand reshuffling of our club infrastructure.
Attend...no. No chance I’m giving the Glazers further income for lack of investment in our club.
Watch...absolutely. Might see us win a game, week in week out.

Will this happen? No.

simplyared

Law didn't send us down, we were relegated anyway :rolleyes:

Seen us relegated before, if it happens again it happens. true fans will stick with their team through thick and thin.
Your right! I checked it out. We would have gone down anyway based on the results from other games. Obviously a misconception for many. He's still the King!

Mickson

Why are we even discussing this? Of course I would (and you should too!) We don't support Manchester United because they're good. We support Manchester United because we love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.