Would you support another club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am Zlatan

Nope, I would be extremely disappointed if they decided to stick with Ole and show no ambitions, I would probably just quit watching football except for the for Euros and the World Cup, but that’s as far as I would go, I wouldn’t support another team.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If someone offers me stupid money (or bitcoin), absolutely yes.

Will Singh

Just give up on football, I’m a boxing fan after football and lately spending as much time with boxing as much as football. So I’m on the verge of giving up but can’t support another football team as that will make me worse then I’m feeling now, Not sure how easy it would be living here but if I was abroad it’s probably easier to follow a local team I suppose…?

The Oracle

I will support Manchester United until I am in the ground

...and I am not referring to the stadium

WakeAndBeek

My god, anyone who would consider changing teams based on the manager doesn’t deserve to call themselves a supporter in the first place. We have it good comparatively in the footballing world, only have to look down the road at Bury and Bolton in recent times to see that.

The only valid reasons to change team for me are in a Cardiff City/Austria Salzburg/Wimbledon type situation where the owner completely changes the identity of the club.

Scholsey2004

No, because culturally speaking changing which team you support has become a signifier of poor character. People in modern Britain just dont do it. That wasnt always the case though and its a pretty neat marketing trick for the clubs that no matter whether the product is any good you dont move to a different brand.

nimic

something nice
Scout
What? No.

I said earlier I would stop supporting the club if we were bought by the Saudis, but I wouldn't find another club. Us just being shit isn't anywhere near that. What kind of supporter stops supporting a club because they aren't as good as they were?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Goodness. Do I look like a nezzer?!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I only like to support winners, why the hell would I support a team that keeps getting beat and not won a trophy in ages? And no, I'm not talking about Arsenal either.

I'll get back on the train when United starts winning things, until then, all aboard the Klopp Express!! Choo Choo motherfeckers!!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If the board doesn't sack Ole and keeps running it the way they are?
:lol: 8 years of dud managers and and think people will walk away now? Ole is at the end of his tenure anyway so it won't be long before we have another manager to get excited about and and disappointed by

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
No.
I admit I am tempted to quit watching the Premier League and maybe football as a whole.
While I grew up I knew Fifa was corrupt but I don't think I had any sort of capacity to understand it as well as I do now.
Mix that with how sad and soulless things feel with certain owners of different clubs and I just feel like I'm losing my love for the game... Well, everything surrounding the game.

Due to rules around ownership I've been considering starting to watch Bundesliga, I've also been considering looking at other sports to try and fill the potential void, but I find it incredibly difficult to just change routines, I would also struggle to feel any sort of passion when I can't see myself supporting a team I haven't supported from my childhood.

bonothom

No, thats just a ridiculous question. I've never understood this "I'm going to go support another team" thing. If it's that easy to support another team then you were never a United fan in the first place.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
You think you’ve even it all. That the United forum couldn’t be more full of spanners. Then you get this.

Congratulations, you’ve outdone yourself.

The modern “fan” for you. Switches allegiances and follows players rather than clubs. Attention span of a gnat.

Winrar

If we don't win tomorrow I'm gonna support Manchester City so that I can leave RagCafe... oops I mean RedCafe. :o:nervous:

Sviken

Why didn't I think of this? I'm off to choose a new club.
Hmm, Real Madrid sound like a good option, no? Farmers league, guaranteed top 4, extremely successful. Can't really lose. Only real historical challenge are Barcelona who are dead broke now. Could concentrate your efforts on the CL and not really worry about the league most of the time. Yeah, I'm thinking I'll go with them.

georgieworst

FFS you don't change clubs
I'd never change clubs..I attended Sheff Wednesday v Lincoln city last week in Division 2 with a Wednesdayite mate..it wasn't the greatest game but it drew 23,000 fans...the beer was affordable and the catering knocked the socks off Old Trafford... Premier League clubs have took their fans for granted...Utd more than most...The Premier League has disappeared into its own nethers..last week at Hillsborough took me back to Old Trafford before it became too corporate...it felt more honest and I do believe that these fans are listened to when the fans are unhappy.
A blind man on a galloping horse can see that things aren't going to get any better under Solskjaer..the failure manager of Cardiff was never going to be the solution...how anyone thought that he could be the answer is quite frankly smoking some serious stuff.
I shall never change my club... I'm just getting a little bit less interested in watching them...I suggest there are many more like me.

halfglassfull

As football fans we deserve happiness because at the end of the day, we pay for our club's finances too. The owners will start to realise that in ten years time when united becomes irrelevant, they will lose 80% of the fans and will go bankrupt, by then I'll be minding my business with Man City. Liverpool looks successful too, but have crap owners like us and once Kloop leaves in 2024, they will also be back to struggling in mid table obscurity too.

Of course, I will be very happy to support Manure - I mean United back if things change, which isnt happening anyways, so thank the Glazers for losing fans every day. For now, CTID!!

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
:lol: 8 years of dud managers and and think people will walk away now? Ole is at the end of his tenure anyway so it won't be long before we have another manager to get excited about and and disappointed by
Ole is nowhere near the end of his tenure he’s got 3 years yet

Crimson King

I'd never support another club. When things get unbearable with United I just stop liking and watching football in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.