Would you swap Van De Beek for Thiago?

davidmichael

Thiago is great for a game or two then injured for a few which is why Bayern didn’t pay him what it would have cost to keep him plus Thiago and VDB are different players so no I wouldn’t swap them, that said I’m disappointed in what I’ve seen from VDB so far especially the other night against West Ham.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
No, both don't suit us. We are top-heavy team because of Bruno, so we need hard working 2 man midfield. I also think we will get more of van de Beek, just not in attacking position.

There is a lot of different players I'd swap Donny for though.

Zlatans Knee

I’d swap him for James Ward-Prowse or Bissouma. What will be a more pertinent question in the summer will be, who are we ‘swapping’ Pogba for? If it is Donny, we are in deep doo doos.

Walters_19_MuFc

Yes.

Whilst we're improving, we don't always have the players in the midfield to dictate play from deep. Thiago is the ideal player for that but Van de Beek is a player who has his uses further up the pitch. Hopefully, we'll get to see him make more of an impact when he's more integrated into the squad.

Green_Red

Why would anyone want to swap a young talented midfielder with a bright future for an old slow spent midfielder whose best days are behind him?

Mindhunter

I know people are making fun but Thiago is the better player and has qualities we actually need. I feel he will be far more successful in a team like ours where we don't play high-octane football all the time. We lack midfielders who are comfortable on the ball and good at holding position and blocking passing lanes. He would be perfect to play alongside someone like McTominay in my opinion. Scott can do the running and he can pick passes from midfield.

The White Pele

Thiago is the better player right now. Neither player has set the world alight and VDB should have more resell value so will remain cautiously optimistic that in the long run we may have the better deal.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Would you swap Dan James for Salah?
No. It's not about the quality of the player. Personally, I wouldn't want anyone who's played for Liverpool to play for us. Yes we had Owen which I personally didn't like much and going back even Matt Busby played for them but those were very different times where rivalries weren't all that intense.