Would you take beating Liverpool in the CL final, but they win the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Yes, all day long. United need to win more CL's!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Would you take being able to watch our game against Wolves sat next to Sir Alex, but you're also sat behind a pillar?

StrettyEnder07

Beating them in the CL final would be amazing. But so is their 20+ year dry spell in the league. It's a tough one. Thoughts?
How in gods name is it a tough one???? Oh forget United being the Champions of bloody Europe, lets all just hope and pray Liverpool don't win the league, who authorises these threads jesus, get a grip

Alemar

Everyone may have his own opinion, but for me, if Man Utd end up winning a major European trophy in what started as a huge disaster of a season, I would give a flying feck about the way Liverpool is doing.

simmee

Would you take Liverpool not winning the league this season if it meant that during the next year a fifth of your farts was in fact a shart?

Mihai

There's no doubt about that. I don't care what everyone else does as long as we win major trophies.

Member 115509

Yes. If at the start of this season anyone had said United would win the CL it would have been sheer fantasy. Don't like to see Liverpool winning anything but a CL win for United has to be seen as a major plus point just now, to put it mildly.
Beating them in the final makes it that bit sweeter, denying them a PL/CL double into the bargain.
You could argue that United winning the CL overshadows Liverpool winning the PL. Open to debate.
I'd say it would be worth it.

Paul_Scholes18

Such a stupid question since well we will not really win the league and they fight with City for it.

League vs champions league and Liverpool getting the other title I would pick champions league. Better question though since we would actually win something.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
All day long. I think both sets of fans would be happy, actually.

TRUERED89

Everyone may have his own opinion, but for me, if Man Utd end up winning a major European trophy in what started as a huge disaster of a season, I would give a flying feck about the way Liverpool is doing.
Exactly this! If Man United can with their 4th CL off the back of being 11 points off top 4 and being written off to get past PSG when the "Sacked One" was in charge, I will fecking take that! Pool can have their first ever PL. We just need to get a grip and make sure they don't win it for another 30 years after that!

Redlyn

Would you sacrifice forth spot to stop Liverpool winning the league ?

( last day of the season need the points to get forth, city need the points to win the league - which is almost our case now except since the match is not on the last day of the season it wont really be a deciding match - unless in retrospect)

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If Liverpool had to win the league for the first time in 28 years, obviously it would be incredible to undermine it in the best possible way. I’d take it 100%.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
There's only one good hypothetical:

Your girlfriend and your mom switch bodies. Who do you bang to reverse the spell.

Go.

RedStarUnited

Yes, simple one for me!

The CL final is after the league finishes too and the story of Ole doing it after Jose will over shadow Liverpools.

since 1977

Beating them in the CL final would be amazing. But so is their 20+ year dry spell in the league. It's a tough one. Thoughts?
Here we go again. Yet another pointless hypothetical.

Try this one - would you take never being able to start a pointless thread over Liverpool winning Eurovision and the Mixed doubles at Wimbledon ?

BaseFishing

Here we go again. Yet another pointless hypothetical.

Try this one - would you take never being able to start a pointless thread over Liverpool winning Eurovision and the Mixed doubles at Wimbledon ?
I already apologized and said to close the thread. It was late. I was tired. I'm sorry.

Green_Red

Liverpool aren't going to win the league and we're not going to meet them in the final, so it doesn't matter.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The true answer.

I expect Scousers to answer the inverse question more or less the same.
Yeah, no doubt. I don't care what United do if we would win the PL or CL. But I wouldn't want an FA Cup if it means you get another CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.