• Yes

Votes: 1,013 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,140 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

He’s a huge upgrade and let’s be honest no manager is going to want to continue doing what Ole is doing, this idea Ole is laying foundations is total nonsense.

Any new manager is a gamble but at least you have a chance of being successful which isn’t the case with Ole.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Madness rather thinking that hiring Conte just because he has the best available cv and is better cv than the current manager without a care for whether he suits the club, nor the squad, nor can build on what the previous manager has done, instituting a change in direction again like we are on a round about, isn't the exact same thing that got LVG and Mourinho hired in the first place and why they both failed.
The notion that Conte is completely rigid tactically has no basis in reality - he's used 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-1-4-1, and 4-2-4 at various points depending on the characteristics of his squad. Also, I find it odd to focus so much on building for the future when you've signed 36 year old Cristiano Ronaldo up top? Surely the prerogative is to win now, no?

LuckyScout78

What is the problem of United car and Vehicle? If United deliver theirs car to me. A experience car mechanic. To find out what is wrong with the car. Then as experience car mech. Will point at the problem and fix it.
I can take it to the root of it. But I will most focus and concentrate on the driver and the engine of the car. The manager and the cm duo/the engine of the team. Not but the owner who appointed the manager.
But if start from the root. The big boss and main reason.

+ 1. First the owner. Who appointed Woodward. Lacking the knowledges of how football works.

+ 2. Woodward appointed Ole at first place. It was a sentimental and quick decision. Because Ole is a United guy and have positive vibes. Positive vibes is never enough. If you are not able and know how to build a winning team. Why quick decision? It was right after Jose Mourinho got sacked? The purpose of Ole was only an interim.
And like in life. What come quick and easy will become. Easy come then easy goes. Lovers comes and goes. You just don’t find a new girlfriend, just right after you just broke up a marriage. If it’s not a meant to be or fate. That Manchester United still owe something. Ole got really lucky to got United job and earn a lot, A lot. Like winning a big big lottery.
We can sum up Ole appointment was wrong but still meant to happen. Wasn’t it around Christmas time Ole got appoint?And Mourinho got sacked 18.December 2018. Why not move up Nicky Butt as interim manager?To short fix first?Who did a really great job as Head of Academy?Doesnt Nicky Butt know United way of Football?Internal solution doesn’t count as quick decision. Ole was Molde head coach. Ole was a external solution at that time. And external has to take good time.
And easily as a coach and football coach and developer. Easily Nicky Butt > Ole.
Again it was wrong appointment. But if the owner and Woodward owe Ole/pay back time. Then it would happen not matter what. Because Woodward didn’t know much about Football. Ole success manager success at Molde was really strong dependable on Dempsey as coach. Then peoples forgot Dempsey and only know and the decision maker/the manager was the only reason of his success.

+ 3. The driver and manager. Like I said above. His success at Molde was depend on Mark Dempsey. Molde had rich owners and spent a lot of money like United. Without money and really coaches. Ole will struggled.
Evaluation of Ole :
- Don’t get the best out of United squad. He has been here for 3 years. Doesn’t know his best XI, special the cm duo. Still switching between Fred, McTom, Pogba and Matic.
- Like Sir Alex had said. If you loose the battle of midfield, special in the middle of the park. Central midfield area. It’s probably and big chances you will loose the battle and match. The because the midfield both helping the backline and attacking line. The heart and engine of the team. Then I will make this as a 4 reason and section.

+ 4. The central midfield duo. The engine, heart and brain of the team. McTom, Fred, Pogba, Matic are simply not good enough for premier league title.

———————————————————————————————————————-

Then that is the problems to solve and fix. To get the max out of the vehicle and Car United. And now the solutions:

+ 1. Only the owner is willing to sell

+ 2. Woodward will step down or a side. The new guy. I don’t know and not sure yet. I hope and prefer Edwin Van Der Sar to come and work for United some day.

+ 3. New manager instead of Ole.
Right now for me. There are 3 options. Conte, Zidane and Ajax’s Ten Hag. For me easily. Conte > Zidane. I like Conte guts and drive more than Zidane. Conte guts and temperament suit Bruno, McTom and Rashford guts, drive and mentality.
Zidane were working with really world class players on theirs peak. Those who were already there. Like Ramos, Ronaldo, Bale and Modric.
United doesn’t have many world class players at theirs peak. But like I said the guts, drive and winning mentality of Bruno, Rashford and McTom. United need a manager with guts, temperament and winning mentality. It’s where I think Conte suit more that Zidane. The top guts of Pep and Klopp. Spread the energy and winning mentality to the players.
Then it will be head up to : Conte vs Ten Hag. The argument and reason to go with Ten Hag is. Edwin Van Der Sar is coming. Then it say it all. Ten Hag is working with EVDS at Ajax.
But Conte has work with and really good reasons to appoint Conte.
Conte + Milan Skriniar. United simply need a beast of a CB. And Skriniar is the one to go. Fearless, brave and kind of badass of a CB. A CB you don’t bully with.
Plus Achraf Hakimi. Conte bought Hakimi to Inter. Hakimi just joined PSG, at only 22. Some and many players are meant to work with each others. Hakimi one of the best full back in the world. Hakimi might joined United in the future. About 2-3 years time. The Conte can be the reason. To convince Hakimi to join United.

Then with Conte it can be like this :
Bissaka - Skriniar- Varane - Maguire - Hakimi or 4 backline :
Bissaka/Hakimi - Skriniar- Varane/Maguire- Hakimi/Shaw

+ 4 : The cm duo and problem. The biggest problem of the car.

First intern solution until fixing with external solution in January transfer:

- Intern solution: Drop Bruno down as nr.8 and go with 2 CFs. Like this :

Sancho - McTom- Bruno - Rashford + Greenwood - Ronaldo. Most against team United shall dominate.

Against top teams: Sancho - McTom- Fred - Rashford + Bruno - Ronaldo/Cavani

- External solution:

+ Aurélien Tchouaméni. A allround CM player from Monaco. Why Tchouaméni?He can play both as a deep laying CM and as one of the cm in cm duo. Like this. First 442 :

Sancho/Greenwood - Tchouaméni - Bruno - Rashford/Sancho + Greenwood/Bruno - Ronaldo/Rashford

or Tchouaméni in 451/433

451/433 : Sancho - DVB - Tchouaméni - Bruno - Rashford + Ronaldo/Greenwood

Sum up. There you have. If I take it all from the owner who have Woodward work for them. Trough appointed of Ole in first place and trough as permanent by a lucky win and night against Paris in ch.league. To problem of the heart and engine of the car “United” the cm duo. As a experience of car fixer. A car mechanic. If you drive your United car to me. And ask me to find the problems of your car/United car. I will show you the problems and how to fix and solve it. And I can tell you. Those 4 reasons and problems. Are visible factors that can see with human eyes.
About invisible factors like meant to happen factor. Owe and pay back factor. And luck factor. Totally out of my reach. I m just showing and try to solve visible factors. But if you follow mine 4 visible solutions and recommendations. I believe it will help your car vehicle United a lot. Best recommendations. No sentimental recommendation. Like a experience car mechanic. And a trustful mechanic. He will point at the problems and fix the problems. Not less or much.
You can call me a car mechanic. A football team fixer. A football team consultant/guidance or a DOF. But I can promise you. Those are 4 main and biggest vis reasons of United struggling. No matter who others you ask for helping and recommend how to fix. They will point at this 4 main points and reasons too ;)

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
The notion that Conte is completely rigid tactically has no basis in reality - he's used 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-1-4-1, and 4-2-4 at various points depending on the characteristics of his squad.....
:rolleyes:
Conte abandoned the back 4 in his Juventus days and every time he has used his 3 at the back formations he has been successful, from Juventus, to Italy, to Chelsea and last Inter milan. That isn't "tactical rigidity". That's sticking to what makes him a winner! This post is up there with accusing people of calling guardiola 'tactically rigid" because they say he wont ever play pragmatic football

Last edited:

EatableTea

It’s funny how the reasoning most people have to not take him is because his formation doesn’t fit the team and he plays 3 at the back when that would probably be the best solution considering how bad our midfield is.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
:rolleyes:
Conte abandoned the back 4 in his Juventus days and every time he has used his 3 at the back formations he has been successful, from Juventus, to Italy, to Chelsea and last Inter milan. That isn't "tactical rigidity". That's sticking to what makes him a winner! This post is up there with accusing people of calling guardiola 'tactically rigid" because they say he wont ever play pragmatic football
He played 4-2-4 at Siena. At Juve he played 3-5-2 or 4-1-4-1. For Italy he played 3-5-2. At Chelsea, he started with 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 and quickly realised Terry and Ivanovic were past it - from there he switched to 3-4-3.

He's a far more pragmatic and flexible manager than you're implying. And again, surely you must want someone to get the best out of Ronaldo's final years? It still feels at odds to be building for the future whilst simultaneously signing Ronaldo at this point.

Abraxas

We absolutely should. We’re nosediving and this season will be another absolute writeoff if we continue. There’s still plenty of time for a better manager to come in and salvage the season. Chelsea showed just how possible that is with Tuchel not 12 months ago
I agree the form is not looking good at all. But there's still a very real danger of stumbling into something desperately. A guy like Conte will have big financial demands personally and expectations around what we provide him. That means if we get it wrong we are compounding what might have been an error in having too much faith in Ole. There is no sense in adding to the misery because we are panicking about the current results, we need to be measured.

We also have to be realistic that somebody may not be able to get the desired impact with the immediacy some expect. Just because Tuchel clicked his fingers at Chelsea doesn't mean the same is automatically achievable here, I don't know why that is so often referred to. It shows it is possible, if does not show its probable for us.

There's so many factors to that. We're in a poor state stylistically, some areas of the squad are notably poor, and it depends on how the manager and players adapt. What this means is we have to have some realism that it may take until next season for everything to bear fruit and so I get back to the right appointment for the duration of a contract which could be 3 years.

If we just want to get somebody at any costs that may turn things around and at least ensure there isn't a disaster this year then we want somebody experienced and willing to take on that type of role. With Conte he has to be the man permanently and we have to be sure.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I agree the form is not looking good at all. But there's still a very real danger of stumbling into something desperately. A guy like Conte will have big financial demands personally and expectations around what we provide him. That means if we get it wrong we are compounding what might have been an error in having too much faith in Ole. There is no sense in adding to the misery because we are panicking about the current results, we need to be measured.

We also have to be realistic that somebody may not be able to get the desired impact with the immediacy some expect. Just because Tuchel clicked his fingers at Chelsea doesn't mean the same is automatically achievable here, I don't know why that is so often referred to. It shows it is possible, if does not show its probable for us.

There's so many factors to that. We're in a poor state stylistically, some areas of the squad are notably poor, and it depends on how the manager and players adapt. What this means is we have to have some realism that it may take until next season for everything to bear fruit and so I get back to the right appointment for the duration of a contract which could be 3 years.

If we just want to get somebody at any costs that may turn things around and at least ensure there isn't a disaster this year then we want somebody experienced and willing to take on that type of role. With Conte he has to be the man permanently and we have to be sure.
Seriously you guys won't get another SAF in modern football mate. Your fear of conte may not be best fit just uncalled for in my opinion. Big players need big personalities to manage them.

One thing conte does well in his managing career constantly that's winning. If you left it too late you will not able to get up from this slump easily. Another big player come into league in Newcastle. You need to act fast to not left behind.

Abraxas

Seriously you guys won't get another SAF in modern football mate. Your fear of conte may not be best fit just uncalled for in my opinion. Big players need big personalities to manage them.

One thing conte does well in his managing career constantly that's winning. If you left it too late you will not able to get up from this slump easily. Another big player come into league in Newcastle. You need to act fast to not left behind.
I think uncalled for might be stretching the point. I've not insulted him or questioned his quality, I'm questioning whether he's the man for us all things considered. Not every manager is a fit for every club.

It's not about getting the next Ferguson for 25 years. But there's still more to being a successful manager at United then what the trophy count on the CV is. Yes that is fundamental, you need a winning track record but there are still many other things to consider which have been considered at length within this thread.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I think uncalled for might be stretching the point. I've not insulted him or questioned his quality, I'm questioning whether he's the man for us all things considered. Not every manager is a fit for every club.

It's not about getting the next Ferguson for 25 years. But there's still more to being a successful manager at United then what the trophy count on the CV is. Yes that is fundamental, you need a winning track record but there are still many other things to consider which have been considered at length within this thread.
He is instantly connected with fans. He is a Juventus legend as a player and manager and you can see inter forums conte was loved by them as much as Juve fans. I am Chelsea fan still I liked him very much.

Yes he some times behaved like a lunatic but Klopp pep tuchel all behaved the same way at times. It's emotional game and managers needed to let loose some times even saf did at times.

You want to compete with best have to hire some one of that calibre who has the ability to win with marginal squad already.If pep leaves city I think city will go for him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If we go for Conte then it's just an admission that sacking Jose was wrong thing to do. Both incredibly similar managers who play defensive football. Club said they didn't want that anymore.

Conte may well be a better manager than Ole but doesn't mean he's a better fit for this club in particular. Conte at Utd has Jose meltdown potential X 10.

No chance they go for Conte anyway. Zidane more likely to be approached. Ten Hag potentially too. Conte and the Glazers just doesn't feel right one bit.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Anyone saying no is a bit crazy and probably stereotyping his style because he's Italian. Guy is a very good tactician, but is a bit crazy and tends to fall out with the clubs though. But he also plays very cohesive football, fast attacking and a good/organized press.

bosnian_red

If we go for Conte then it's just an admission that sacking Jose was wrong thing to do. Both incredibly similar managers who play defensive football. Club said they didn't want that anymore.

Conte may well be a better manager than Ole but doesn't mean he's a better fit for this club in particular. Conte at Utd has Jose meltdown potential X 10.

No chance they go for Conte anyway. Zidane more likely to be approached. Ten Hag potentially too. Conte and the Glazers just doesn't feel right one bit.
How? Mourinho is more defensive than Conte, Mourinho is also more outdated than Conte and less successful over the past decade. Conte has in the past 5 years proven to be an excellent coach and tactician, and his teams have played good stuff. They don't just park the bus in every big game though. He'd be short term, but he would have pretty much nothing to do with Mourinho as they are very different. And it's time for United to stop romanticising managers. Ole was a good appointment for 2 seasons. It's time to move on and take the next step with the next guy. It doesn't have to be complete meltdown. Some managers reach their limit and it's important to move on at the right times, just like with players.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
How? Mourinho is more defensive than Conte, Mourinho is also more outdated than Conte and less successful over the past decade. Conte has in the past 5 years proven to be an excellent coach and tactician, and his teams have played good stuff. They don't just park the bus in every big game though. He'd be short term, but he would have pretty much nothing to do with Mourinho as they are very different. And it's time for United to stop romanticising managers. Ole was a good appointment for 2 seasons. It's time to move on and take the next step with the next guy. It doesn't have to be complete meltdown. Some managers reach their limit and it's important to move on at the right times, just like with players.
You think Conte is a good fit for the club we have? Glazers, Woodward/Arnold, Judge, Murtough, Fletcher etc....

Personally think it would be an absolute car crash waiting to happen.

mu4c_20le

Conte is yet another step in the wrong direction.

People need to realize that we're not Chelsea and will never be.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Conte is yet another step in the wrong direction.

People need to realize that we're not Chelsea and will never be.
They want Ole out so badly they don't seem to care about the implications. If Ole is to go then that's fine but we need someone who can realistically work with these owners and board members don't we? Conte would be a ticking time bomb if there ever was one.

I genuinely don't think the club would approach him though for that reason. Zidane is the guy I think they will pursue.

bosnian_red

You think Conte is a good fit for the club we have? Glazers, Woodward/Arnold, Judge, Murtough, Fletcher etc....

I think wed seriously compete for the title for the 2-3 years he'd be here until something pissed him off. Which is the point isn't it? There's no point in planning for 5 years down the line. The bulk of our players are mid to late 20's, and Ronaldo has probably just 2 years left. It's time to maximize our talent. And then when Conte leaves, replace him with another manager with a good record. And so on. Managers should be treated like players. Move on and replace when they aren't doing the job you need them to.

el3mel

So you hate the board but you hate having a manager who will actually press the board to keep reinforcing the squad.

This kind of logic doesn't make any kind of sense when I see it.

Ludens the Red

They want Ole out so badly they don't seem to care about the implications. If Ole is to go then that's fine but we need someone who can realistically work with these owners and board members don't we? Conte would be a ticking time bomb if there ever was one.

I genuinely don't think the club would approach him though for that reason. Zidane is the guy I think they will pursue.
Ill start by saying I’m not too keen on Conte but purely because I don’t like the idea of us playing with a back three.
What I find staggering is this notion that’s he’s supposedly a big impending disaster.
There are circumstances to both his departure from Chelsea and Inter that seemingly get ignored when people throw out this generic simple train of thought about him.

How many managers have fallen out with Roman and Chelsea because they didn’t like the transfer policy? 4/5? Are we seemingly forgetting as well that Conte won a league title and fa cup at Chelsea?
He left Inter for similar reasons, they literally told him they’d be selling all his key players.
What kind of manager would be happy with that? Conte is simply a man who wouldn’t stand for that shite and so walks away from it and good on him.

You say hed be a bad fit for our board but our board are the biggest managerial loving chumps you’ll see. Allowing three managers free reign to basically sign whoever they wanted and dishing out underserved long term contracts at will. Our board would be a dream for Conte. Free reign to sign players who you’ve clearly never seen play because your agent mate recommended him, who you then never play and ostracise (can you imagine what would have happened if Mourinho signed vdb and did what ole has done with him?)
So yeah maybe let’s actually look into Contes history and circumstances of him leaving his clubs before we throw out hilarious suggestions such as Ole would be better for United than Conte. There will never ever be a day where Ole is a better choice of coach than Conte. Conte could spend two years here and then have a breakdown and leave. He’d still be the much better option than another two years of Ole.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
He played 4-2-4 at Siena. At Juve he played 3-5-2 or 4-1-4-1. For Italy he played 3-5-2. At Chelsea, he started with 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 and quickly realised Terry and Ivanovic were past it - from there he switched to 3-4-3.
At every club where he has succeeded and built a title winning side he abandoned the back 4 for a back 3 formation. The back 3 formations have since become his trade mark and the foundation of his repeated successes. Even in his brief international football stint. I'm finding it a marvel you are trying to argue against these objective facts

He's a far more pragmatic and flexible manager than you're implying.
For some strange reason you are utterly conflating a manager preferring to stick to what works best for him with being inflexible.

Conte is flexible on the tactical variations of back 3 arrangements that have consistently delivered success for him. There is doubtful ever going to be a time he will deviate from it unless it fails him. The same way a Pep is flexible with the various forms of attacking possession football formations that have worked for him. So will never switch to a pragmatic style.

And again, surely you must want someone to get the best out of Ronaldo's final years? It still feels at odds to be building for the future whilst simultaneously signing Ronaldo at this point.
Of course I do. I'm just certain Conte is not the one to do so. Not with the squad the incumbent has built this far. I'm certain they are others out there who can.

Sviken

It's absurd to me some people are arguing they do not want Conte because he'd leave in 2-3 season. Well, if he wins us the PL and a couple of other trophies on the side, it doesn't really matter then, does it? We can replace him with a good manager afterwards. In opposite, if we remain with Ole, we'll have a couple of years wasted. We'd need to have another rebuild and we'd need another manager regardless. So what's the point of this argument? You can wait for some miraculous sign to come out of nowhere or you can just make the obvious choice and appoint a world class winner with a proven track record. The choice is obvious.

But I don't see the Glazers appointing either Zidane or Conte. They're not "Yes men" who'd keep quiet about the management and just be happy to be here, the type Glazers want. But it'd be the only good decision these idiots would make in the past decade, if they do it.

g11

It is crazy that some of our fans don’t want Conte or Zidane. They are proven winners which we desperately need at the club at the moment.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It is crazy that some of our fans don’t want Conte or Zidane. They are proven winners which we desperately need at the club at the moment.
LVG and Jose were described that exact same way after the Moyes debacle. People on this forum have such short memories.

There's more to the Utd job than a CV. Don't think Conte would suit the club ethos whatsoever. Zidane probably does though more so.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Unfortunately they don’t bring their trophies with them though.

dove

Funny people saying they don't want Conte because he is not a long term... I don't give a feck if he leaves after 2 years having won the league or some cups. You guys need to realise that all those myths like a) new manager needs at least 3 years to settle in b) new manager needs to buy his entire squad to make his tactics work and c) changing managers often harm the club's chances of winning trophies, are absolute BS invented by our fans. Searching for the manager with the main criteria of "could he be here for at least 10 years?" is mental.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Funny people saying they don't want Conte because he is not a long term... I don't give a feck if he leaves after 2 years having won the league or some cups. You guys need to realise that all those myths like a) new manager needs at least 3 years to settle in b) new manager needs to buy his entire squad to make his tactics work and c) changing managers often harm the club's chances of winning trophies, are absolute BS invented by our fans. Searching for the manager with the main criteria of "could he be here for at least 10 years?" is mental.
I think it’s more he’d leave the squad in a shitter state and then we’d need to rebuild once again. Is that worth it for a league cup?

Santana

Ill start by saying I’m not too keen on Conte but purely because I don’t like the idea of us playing with a back three.
What I find staggering is this notion that’s he’s supposedly a big impending disaster.
There are circumstances to both his departure from Chelsea and Inter that seemingly get ignored when people throw out this generic simple train of thought about him.

How many managers have fallen out with Roman and Chelsea because they didn’t like the transfer policy? 4/5? Are we seemingly forgetting as well that Conte won a league title and fa cup at Chelsea?
He left Inter for similar reasons, they literally told him they’d be selling all his key players.
What kind of manager would be happy with that? Conte is simply a man who wouldn’t stand for that shite and so walks away from it and good on him.

You say hed be a bad fit for our board but our board are the biggest managerial loving chumps you’ll see. Allowing three managers free reign to basically sign whoever they wanted and dishing out underserved long term contracts at will. Our board would be a dream for Conte. Free reign to sign players who you’ve clearly never seen play because your agent mate recommended him, who you then never play and ostracise (can you imagine what would have happened if Mourinho signed vdb and did what ole has done with him?)
So yeah maybe let’s actually look into Contes history and circumstances of him leaving his clubs before we throw out hilarious suggestions such as Ole would be better for United than Conte. There will never ever be a day where Ole is a better choice of coach than Conte. Conte could spend two years here and then have a breakdown and leave. He’d still be the much better option than another two years of Ole.
Perfect response!

Santana

Are there any Inter fans on here that can elaborate further on Conte's style, philosophy and management during his 2 years there?

dove

I think it’s more he’d leave the squad in a shitter state and then we’d need to rebuild once again. Is that worth it for a league cup?
Why necessarily a league cup? I think he is a good manager to really challenge for big things. Also this point "we’d need to rebuild once again" is just as I said in my original post, absolute nonsense invented by our fans to excuse our failing managers. Good managers will not need any rebuilding when they take over, they will be able to take over and work with what they have. I am not saying Conte is the perfect man for the job but not getting him because he is not gonna be here for 10 years or "leaving the squad in a shitter state" is not smart to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.