Votes: 1,013 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,140 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Conte is a winner. He's basically a Roy Keane whose gifted as a manager. He won't be thrilled with being surrounded by mates a top 4 finish and no trophies. Conte will expect the club to financially back him and will kick a fuss and leave if he isn't.

Crashoutcassius

Man won the league and finished at 91(!) points with Young, Sanchez and Lukaku at his disposal, the top three most rubbish players according to Caf. The possible damage is probably us having another, minified version of Jose playing pragmatic football who has a fetish for specific type of players. But if you look at this team you can see how pragmatic football actually fits them, they can't even control the midfield ffs. Results wise he will be an improvement over Ole no doubt but if it's about "United way" (minus the trophies) then nope, Ole is unbeatable in that aspect.
I think people would have said Jose guaranteed results too. Nothing is predictable.

032Devil

Yes.

He almost guarantees a league title.

Cant believe people are saying no.
No, no.

We have a manager whose playing the team the United way. He just needs to be backed by the owners to build a good squad and then we could see how much potential Ole has.

Wilt

Yes.

He‘s a proven winner and he‘d only sign for Utd if he was guaranteed a considerable transfer budget. Which is something Ole would not demand.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

With these players and this current Board absolutely not. Match made in hell.

Given free reign to do whatever he wants and bring in whatever veteran he wants sure. Would've been great with the team Fergie left and the ridiculous dick swinging of Ed at the time.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Just why not:

He doesn't play the attractive progressive football most of us want to see.
He's poor man's Mourinho (Mourinho of old), and he won't think about the future of the club in the slightest.
He's anything but composed and likely to implode if and when things don't go his way.

We are supposedly building an attacking team that will play progressive football, only that we've been playing counter attacking football since Mourinho was hired, whatever the buzz words thrown. However, our squad is young and mouldable and it would be negligence to not look for more progressive solutions.

dinostar77

Just why not:

He doesn't play the attractive progressive football most of us want to see.
He's poor man's Mourinho (Mourinho of old), and he won't think about the future of the club in the slightest.
He's anything but composed and likely to implode if and when things don't go his way.

We are supposedly building an attacking team that will play progressive football, only that we've been playing counter attacking football since Mourinho was hired, whatever the buzz words thrown. However, our squad is young and mouldable and it would be negligence to not look for more progressive solutions.
Why you would:

Proven winner at Juventus, Chelsea and Inter.

Tactically up there with the best and has the in game nous to make tactical adjustments in real time.

Speaks english and has won the PL before.

Brutal in training, sets incredibly high standards and expects nothing less than 100% on the training pitch and in actual matches.

Will get deadwood out.

Unlike Mourinho he is adaptable to the style of football needed to deliver results.

If you want to deliver the biggest trophies hes one of the best available. Theres a reason why Allegri, Simeone, Conte are amongst best managers around. It's not the progressive attractive football that yields no silverware. Its their pragmatic football that delivers trophy after trophy, after trophy.

As a utd fan who's club hasnt won the league since 2013 and CL even longer than that. Give me a pragmatic serial winner (who's not past his best I.e. mourinho) everytime.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Not ideal for long term, but I think he would improve us as a team, rather than Ole.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
What long term? There won't be another Sir Alex for the next 50 years (if at all), so what exactly does long term even mean?
I am not expecting 30+ years as long term, even 7-10 years would do for me. Conte seems more like a 2-3 seasons type of manager to me though.

Goku1983

Not Conte but we need someone I just dont know who is available if Klopp was in charge if us we would have won something by now. And now we have Varane and Ronaldo he would of won us the league im certain but who is out there like Klopp who is also available ? I cant think of anyone.

DoomSlayer

I am not expecting 30+ years as long term, even 7-10 years would do for me. Conte seems more like a 2-3 seasons type of manager to me though.
So we are already halfway through with Ole of what you'd consider a long-term appointment. What have we won and what are the prospects of us consistently winning trophies in the next 2-3 seasons?

Judas

Open to offers
Conte is the desperate trophies at any cost appointment. I want us to win, but to throw it all in the bin again for some angry plonker coach like Conte would be idiotic. It's amazing that so many fans haven't learned, I'd hope the club has.

DoomSlayer

Conte is the desperate trophies at any cost appointment. I want us to win, but to throw it all in the bin again for some angry plonker coach like Conte would be idiotic. It's amazing that so many fans haven't learned, I'd hope the club has.
So which team imploded and was left in a shambles after Conte being appointed there? Juventus did good, Chelsea as well, Inter are having a good start of the season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What long term? There won't be another Sir Alex for the next 50 years (if at all), so what exactly does long term even mean?
It’s nonsense narratives that seem to weirdly stick. We’ve not won a premier league title in over 9 years and we don’t look remotely close to do it any time soon. But appointing a domestic monster like Conte won’t work because (like literally near enough other manager at the elite level) he has a shelf life per club of around 2-4 seasons.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
7-10 years of what? A few 7-1 thrashings of Leeds and Southampton a season?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
7-10 years of what? A few 7-1 thrashings of Leeds and Southampton a season?
7-10 years of Chelsea, Liverpool or City type of consistent performances (and winning a few league titles and CL)

Lee565

Would take him in a heartbeat and if the glazers were to give him the money ole has been allowed then I could see no reason for conte to throw a tantrum as he would get to spend 80-100 mil a season and they ain't the type of owners to meddle like Abramovich either

hobbers

I've probably already said this in this thread, but yes. Conte would get so much more out of this squad than Ole can.

Conte might be able to turn this squad into title contenders without much brought in. Ole won't get near titles even if he had 2 more summers and £300m more to spend.

PoTMS

We've given ourselves very little options. Again. We've just let every single manager that would've been a good fit for us walk away to our rivals in order to give our failing managers a chance. And of course it backfired with all our rivals winning stuff except us.

eire-red

He's too volatile and unpredictable isn't he? A bit like Mourinho in that sense, and I don't think we have the players here to excel under his preffered system.

Any thoughts on Zidane? Hard to judge him given how good that team was. There's no clear choice at the moment, but the pressure Will mount for Ole given the team we have.

patter

Of course, he got many trophies. His experience can improve Man Utd tactic.

MrBest

Ole needs to go, Conte is not the person to replace him. It's a shame really, there really are not many out there i would say, could come in a and really deliver on all fronts in the way Tuchel did at Chelsea. My number one person was always Nagelsman and after that, Poch. This board has zero planning and no strategy. We let both move on whilst Ole was given 3 more years. We can talk all we want about a new coach, that contract has pretty much guaranteed Ole another season and it would take a drastic change in results to see him go. Ole should get 4th, but this squad is capable of challenging and winning. 4th is now a bad year but Ole will hide behind the ups and downs as he has for 3 years and come out smelling like roses to most one the fan base.

I'd rather Ole than Conte because we shouldn't panic into getting just anyone. I'd be tempted to wait on Luis Enrique.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think we would win a trophy with Conte, but I'd rather get a proactive manager in after Ole.

Ten Hag would be my choice. Even Potter is somewhat intriguing, but more of a risk obviously.

If Enrique would leave the Spain post, he would also be a good option.

Giggsyking

He sure better than Ole, but no
we need someone like Pep and Klopp. Not someone like Jose.

Camilo

I'd take him immediately. To all the people saying "we don't need a short term fix", that's absolutely what we need. We've got one of the strongest squads in the league, built over many seasons now... Time to win, not keep planning for some imaginary Fergie-like renaissance.

stevoc

It’s nonsense narratives that seem to weirdly stick. We’ve not won a premier league title in over 9 years and we don’t look remotely close to do it any time soon. But appointing a domestic monster like Conte won’t work because (like literally near enough other manager at the elite level) he has a shelf life per club of around 2-4 seasons.
Spoiler that shit if you're posting from the future please mate. Some of us would like to see how this season plays out.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
With the squad you have right now, Conte is the right man at the right time for a serious two seasons push to the PL glory.

He demonstrated his ability as a winner in many different circumstances in Italy, England and the national team. He gives a clear pattern and also makes the whole much more than the sum of the parts, which is what United needs right now.

He leaving his former teams in a mess is a myth… his excellent work propagates at least one season after him, just ask Allegri at Juve and Inzaghi at Inter.

DoomSlayer

He leaving his former teams in a mess is a myth… his excellent work propagates at least one season after him, just ask Allegri at Juve and Inzaghi at Inte
Exactly. He has shown that he is nothing like Mourinho. Chelsea are doing good after him as well.

Litch

Only if we are adopting a now Chelsea type of approach to appointing managers

RUCK4444

He sure better than Ole, but no
we need someone like Pep and Klopp
. Not someone like Jose.
This is the thing, so many want him gone but very few, if any, propose a serious candidate to replace Ole.

While we are looking for the next Pep and Klopp we should keep looking for the next Messi, eh.
They are the two best managers on earth, no debate, nobody is available who is remotely as good yet we want the manager sacked right now, immediately.

There is nobody waiting in the wings that the club will risk sacking Ole for at this point. This is a chief reason also for many fans to stick with Ole until such time that there is a guaranteed upgrade.

DoomSlayer

This is the thing, so many want him gone but very few, if any, propose a serious candidate to replace Ole.

While we are looking for the next Pep and Klopp we should keep looking for the next Messi, eh.
They are the two best managers on earth, no debate, nobody is available who is remotely as good yet we want the manager sacked right now, immediately.

There is nobody waiting in the wings that the club will risk sacking Ole for at this point. This is a chief reason also for many fans to stick with Ole until such time that there is a guaranteed upgrade.
You must be taking the piss if you are saying the only 2 managers better than Ole are Klopp and Guardiola. :houllier:

Status
Not open for further replies.