• Yes

Votes: 1,013 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,140 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky Targaryen

Well in that case City better be on the watch out for us snatching Guardiola, because money is clearly all that matters to managers!!

Conte won’t manage Tottenham, that’s for sure.
Nuno just got sacked. Make of that what you will.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Under their peak form with Poch they were trying to push for a title challenge. But of course they want to push for top 4. They're in a bad spot now, but that's where a top manager can make a difference.
I look at their squad and I don't see it. They had a great period where some of their key players peaked at about the same time. Now, you can argue most of those players are over the hump except Son. Kane will still score lots of goals in the right system but he's not as mobile as he was before he started getting regular injuries.

Its difficult for me to look at the Spurs squad and think its reasonable to expect them to be playing Champions League football. Conte would make them better than they are. However, when you look at the players he had at Inter last season and compare to Spurs...He's going to want replacements and then you're banking on Spurs having the cash to give those.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I had gone cold on the thought of Conte succeeding Ole anyway. I don't think it would have been a good fit. More options will become available as the season progresses and if we get four points from our two games this week we are in a decent position.
In a decent position, how? Decent in that Ole delays the inevitable even further?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
You know how it's going to play out, we will end up with Pochettino or worse and only when they are forced to make a move meaning in the middle of next season. I see ten Hag go to Barcelona.
Yep. I think people who have set their sights on Ten Hag will be disappointed — I don’t think he’s coming here. I think he we will get Rodgers.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I had gone cold on the thought of Conte succeeding Ole anyway. I don't think it would have been a good fit. More options will become available as the season progresses and if we get four points from our two games this week we are in a decent position.
Honestly there are no good options until 2023 outside of maybe ten Hag who isn't a guarantee himself. Almost all talented managers moved this summer.

laughtersassassin

We will be fecked. The manager pool is tiny.

I don't want fecking Rodgers. Ten Haag is possible but a year away. We are a joke.

laughtersassassin

4 of the best managers in the world are going to manage in the Prem.

None at United. We have a guy from Molde.

How incompetent is that?

Hawks2008

I'm probably gonna be in the minority here but it's the correct move by the club IMO, and we should wait for the right candidate whether that be ten Hag or Potter.

Conte is a good coach and I can understand peoples frustration but it's the correct call by the club IMO.
I like Ten Hag and Potter but come on man, you can't look at the the accomplishments of these 3 coaches and then say Conte is the wrong one.

Potter especially is a risky appointment.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Pretty much. As cnutish as it may be, Barcelona fans actually showed a template about what fan anger can be all about against a shit manager.

I've been mad towards matchgoing fans a numbr of times in the last 8 years exactly because they choose to delude themselves instead of EXPRESSING TRUTH for themselves, even if it means asking for a divorce with a manager. There is nothing wrong in asking for a divorce when things can't work anymore; that is how life works. Sometimes I compare Old Trafford to a person who prefers to stay still rather than kick the abusive spouse out of that person's life.
Too passive and too wrapped up in nostalgia.

The team in shambles, an incredible squad being wasted on a manager out of his depth and frequent embarrassing results topped off by the worst result of them all.

But does Old Trafford get angry? Do they feck. They can't be seen to be annoyed at our lad, Ole. They'd rather continue politely golf-clapping shit results instead of getting angry.

DavelinaJolie

I'm not going to spit my dummy out over Conte going to spurs. But if we do end up with Rodgers then I really can't be arsed.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
In a decent position, how? Decent in that Ole delays the inevitable even further?
The club would be top of the Champions League group and likely to qualify, if they beat City they will be level with Pep - the club isn't as far up shit creek as some would have you believe.

RUCK4444

It's not a short apppointment though, unless you consider average as short?
I suppose if you factor in the fact we usually give managers more time than any other club it would be a longer term appointment than your average for a manager.

Personally speaking, for me it would represent a short term appointment compared to what my preference would be. I prefer the long term strategy personally, not through some naive traditional preference for United specifically, just because I don't think our owners and board are organised and savvy enough to move from one manager to the next and sustain any sort of continuity like Chelsea for example.

I think the board fancy Poch and will see how it pans out with Ole in the coming weeks/months with one eye on PSG's results and how he's doing in Paris. I'd like Ten Haag myself, because I think that's the style of football we need to transition to. So I'm not gutted if Conte goes to Tottenham although I respect him and expect him to do well there, it comes back to personal preference and gut feeling I suppose. A large section of fans just want us to compete immediately and I understand that's a fair opinion.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You know how it's going to play out, we will end up with Pochettino or worse and only when they are forced to make a move meaning in the middle of next season. I see ten Hag go to Barcelona.
I'm hoping Xavi takes up the Barca offer and becomes their new Head Coach. Poch could be out of a job come the end of the season so he definitely would be a strong candidate.

Devil may care

With respect, I am sick to death of hearing what will suit United “long term”. We’ve been grasping in the dark for the “long term” for nearly a decade now and look where it’s got us. If this club keeps searching for the “long term” it’s going to walk itself right into Liverpool’s 30 years in the wilderness.
The thing is with Conte/Ronaldo you're basically talking the shortest of short term approaches, 18 months to get it right and who knows what damage will be done to some of our brighter talents who will spend a considerable amount of time sitting on the bench, all the while we'll be horrid to watch, to me there's got to be more than either/or when it comes to football style and success.

RUCK4444

I'm not going to spit my dummy out over Conte going to spurs. But if we do end up with Rodgers then I really can't be arsed.
Yeah joking aside, if that happened I would lose my sh*t

I think I already have though, the club in general and results this season have stewed my brain. :lol:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Nuno just got sacked. Make of that what you will.
I make it that they will go for a new manager.. I’m obviously not a psychic or someone with inside knowledge, so I’m only making an educated guess, but I can’t see Conte changing his mind 4 months later. Fair enough if I’m wrong, but I don’t see it happening.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Honestly there are no good options until 2023 outside of maybe ten Hag who isn't a guarantee himself. Almost all talented managers moved this summer.
I don't know, managers emerge every season - what if Potter wins the FA Cup or qualifies for Europe with Brighton? Or some unheard of German manager brings their club top four? Football moves very fast and Man Utd need to ensure they're well positioned to onboard the next top manager. Pep hasn't won the Champions League in ten years and is still widely regarded as the greatest.

Jaxa

Hope everyone enjoys not wanting Conte as we finish 5th.
The problem is for the majority who don't want Conte (like me) we prefer Ten-Haag, however he cannot be obtained mid season and getting Conte in now ends that plan so it might be we have to take a bit of a hit this season to wait for Ten-Haag, far from ideal but we can't have our cake and eat it unfortunately , also that's not to say Ole should be here until the end of the season, it might be we have to get a care taker in until the end of the season, who that is though i am not quite sure.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
I make it that they will go for a new manager.. I’m obviously not a psychic or someone with inside knowledge, so I’m only making an educated guess, but I can’t see Conte changing his mind 4 months later. Fair enough if I’m wrong, but I don’t see it happening.
He is flying to London mate. Tottenham will accept his terms this time.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I suppose if you factor in the fact we usually give managers more time than any other club it would be a longer term appointment than your average for a manager.

Personally speaking, for me it would represent a short term appointment compared to what my preference would be. I prefer the long term strategy personally, not through some naive traditional preference for United specifically, just because I don't think our owners and board are organised and savvy enough to move from one manager to the next and sustain any sort of continuity like Chelsea for example.

I think the board fancy Poch and will see how it pans out with Ole in the coming weeks/months with one eye on PSG's results and how he's doing in Paris. I'd like Ten Haag myself, because I think that's the style of football we need to transition to. So I'm not gutted if Conte goes to Tottenham although I respect him and expect him to do well there, it comes back to personal preference and gut feeling I suppose. A large section of fans just want us to compete immediately and I understand that's a fair opinion.
I agree with this, even though I struggle to understand it. Pochettino isn't a better coach than Conte. IMO he's nowhere near Conte.

There's a fairly high chance that Poch will be fired by PSG this season. So he should be available if it all goes completely belly up for Ole. Still...

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
The problem is for the majority who don't want Conte (like me) we prefer Ten-Haag, however he cannot be obtained mid season and getting Conte in now ends that plan so it might be we have to take a bit of a hit this season to wait for Ten-Haag, far from ideal but we can't have our cake and eat it unfortunately , also that's not to say Ole should be here until the end of the season, it might be we have to get a care taker in until the end of the season, who that is though i am not quite sure.
Has everyone missed the last 12 years. There's no way we're going for someone like ten Hagg.

We will go for someone who is a free agent or stick with Ole.

You guys are living in cuckoo land.

BlackShark_80

Conte is about to join Tottenham. Contract could be for one and a half years.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I like Ten Hag and Potter but come on man, you can't look at the the accomplishments of these 3 coaches and then say Conte is the wrong one.

Potter especially is a risky appointment.
Those accomplishments only came when he was given a chance by Juve after a topsy turvy career which wasn't anything to write home about. Potter would be a less risky appointment than the Conte Juve hired.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Didnt conte turn the spurs job down in the summer?
Yes, because they didn’t match his ambition. Levy is probably now quite desperate and if Conte does go there it will be because he’s been given assurances that he will be financially backed.

Last edited:

Withnail

Conte has shown he isn't afraid of resigning, so if Levi goes back on his promises I doubt that bothers Conte much
Silver lining being Conte will likely be available in the Summer even if he goea to Spurs. There's a very good chance Levy won't be ambitious enough for him.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Having now seen the news breaking, I humbly accept that I am probably wrong here @Micky Targaryen.
:(

Sviken

If this actually happens and we feck this season up because of this downright... (If I speak I'm in big trouble) board, I think I'm seriously gonna stop watching football until the Glazers are out of this club.

JustAGuest

I would rather wait and get the right replacement than select someone just because they happen to be available right now. I don't see Conte staying more than 2-3 seasons judging by his career history, then we get to this same stage again. Ten Hag for example could be here for 5+ years and really transform us similar to what Klopp and Guardiola have done.

chb23

hahaha conte pimping himself out like no tomorrow.

first trying to get the man utd job, now he's accepting the tottenham one. Sounds desperate to get back into managing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

4 of the best managers in the world are going to manage in the Prem.

None at United. We have a guy from Molde.

How incompetent is that?
It sums us up perfectly. From the greatest manager of all time to a situation where all our rivals have better managers than us. Conte is a fantastic manager but thankfully for us he can cause no harm being at a club like Spurs.

Pep's Suit

This is hilarious. Conte to Spurs because Ole will survive literally anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.