Votes: 1,013 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,140 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Honestly I can't wait for the absolute shitstorm that Conte will drum up when Levy sells Kane in the summer.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Liverpool may have Klopp, Chelsea Tuchel, City Guardiola and Spurs Conte but don't forget that we've got the guy with United DNA. We only have patience guys, just give him another 400m to spend on wingers and AMCs he won't play and in 5 years time he'll win us the league cup.

RedDevilQuebecois

Why do I feel the board are desperate for Poch? He is good but I really don't want him, he doesn't excite me as a manager. Also the only reason he'd be available again is if he fecks it up at PSG and that takes some serious skill to do
I ask myself that same question. My personal interest in Poch waned when Ole beat him at Wembley Stadium and then Spurs took the nosedive after a miracle appearance in the Champions League final. What he has done since only strengthens my belief that he is not that massive managerial figure ready to take the world by storm.

Utd7

Enrique? It's Poch after he gets sacked from PSG.
Why would Poch get sacked when PSG have a huge lead in Ligue 1?

I understand PSG want to win the UCL. But when Poch wins the league this year, but hypothetically get eliminated in the UCL knockout, I doubt he leaves.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm probably gonna be in the minority here but it's the correct move by the club IMO, and we should wait for the right candidate whether that be ten Hag or Potter.

Conte is a good coach and I can understand peoples frustration but it's the correct call by the club IMO.
It's worry that you're probably right and are in the minority

I agree with you though if that helps

Jaxa

I would rather wait and get the right replacement than select someone just because they happen to be available right now. I don't see Conte staying more than 2-3 seasons judging by his career history, then we get to this same stage again. Ten Hag for example could be here for 5+ years and really transform us similar to what Klopp and Guardiola have done.
I agree mate, people are very short-sighted here though and we not live in a world where time and/or patience is non existent and i am not referring to Ole being given more time, i mean if there is a better option in 6 months i'd rather wait than hire a manager who doesn't really fit us as a club,

It was the same as Mourinho, people cried and screamed he was available and the club pandered to that even though he was never the right manager for us and that was a disaster, Europa trophy or not it was brutal under him.

Ixion

Our club still favours Poch but even when he becomes available that doesn't mean they'll be decisive. Poch was waiting in the wings the last time Ole was on thin ice but the results picked up.

They see Poch as a better fit, respectful personality that Fergie approves of as well, if not Poch then someone similar for next season if Ole finishes this season poorly.
Neville mentioned Poch a few times on Saturday, people not realising how good he was, how good Spurs had it etc. I think the likes of him and the club are prepping for when he joins United and can say he's a proper United manager, or something like that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Of course, but how many managers are ever available because they weren't sacked at their previous job, generally speaking?
The issue here would be that Pochettino is a known loser outside of PSG, so if he is sacked by PSG due to results then what is the appeal?

Last edited:

LoneStar

Wow, so no Conte. I’ll see you guys next season, when hopefully we sign someone new, proper sick of this club and football.

Infestissumam

that whole "they prefer Poch" thing just doesn't fly. If they loved him so much, they should have made the change when Poch was available, but they were sitting on their hands back then ... like they always are. But now, when Poch is not available, he's all of the sudden the chosen one? Okay then.

Ralph1386

Why do I feel the board are desperate for Poch?
Because he's another Ole. A nice guy who won't rock the boat when he sees the incompetence around him and who is content with not bringing trophies.

Sviken

Why would Poch get sacked when PSG have a huge lead in Ligue 1?

I understand PSG want to win the UCL. But when Poch wins the league this year, but hypothetically get eliminated in the UCL knockout, I doubt he leaves.
Because PSG don't give a feck about winning Ligue 1, that's a given to them. But fans are saying they are severely underperforming and just like us - rely on individual brilliance to pull them out. He's also not winning the CL. They'll go for a better manager next season, 99% guarantee.

macheda14

What do you expect Conte to achieve? I think it's very unlikely he can seriously challenge City and Liverpool in the short term. Would a 3rd place with us being in this same position looking for another manager in 18 months be considered progress?
He could win the league next season. Tuchel turned Chelsea around in the same amount of time.

Ralph1386

Honestly I can't wait for the absolute shitstorm that Conte will drum up when Levy sells Kane in the summer.
Honestly, if I were him, looking at the Tottenham squad, I wouldn't join them. And I'm not only saying that because I support United.

Sviken

He could win the league next season. Tuchel turned Chelsea around in the same amount of time.
Don't think he'd win the league with a club like Spurs, that'd be close to a miracle. But he can surely oust us from the top 4 easily. Especially with Ole at the wheel. And missing on top 4 would be very problematic for us... to say the least

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
What do you expect Conte to achieve? I think it's very unlikely he can seriously challenge City and Liverpool in the short term. Would a 3rd place with us being in this same position looking for another manager in 18 months be considered progress?
Conte can get us challenging for the league right here, right now. What is this ridiculous notion he can't get us challenging?

He came in at Chelsea, tried the 4 at the back, failed, changed formation and WON the damn league in his first season.

Conte is ideal for s short-term squad like ours. Next summer there'll no Cavani, no Pogba, no Donny and a Ronaldo a year older and very pissed off Ronaldo.

This is the time to give Conte 18-30 months and wait for someone like Potter to prove their mettle for us to grab him after.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I can't wait for Ole to win anything really. How long its been 3 years and 415m spent (a decent chunk of that on wingers and AMC that we don't play)?

DavelinaJolie

I'm probably gonna be in the minority here but it's the correct move by the club IMO, and we should wait for the right candidate whether that be ten Hag or Potter.

Conte is a good coach and I can understand peoples frustration but it's the correct call by the club IMO.
That assumes they hire the right candidate.

chb23

He wants to work, and as a top class manager, there's no point in waiting for a club like United while they dream of Ole turning into Sir Alex over the course of the next 50 years.
haha tottenham are horrible - good luck to him if he joins.

Devil may care

I never wanted Conte at United so this isn't boiling my piss the way it is some, but the one concern is he only needs to get past Ole for a top 4 finish, which is quite possible.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I agree mate, people are very short-sighted here though and we not live in a world where time and/or patience is non existent and i am not referring to Ole being given more time, i mean if there is a better option in 6 months i'd rather wait than hire a manager who doesn't really fit us as a club,

It was the same as Mourinho, people cried and screamed he was available and the club pandered to that even though he was never the right manager for us and that was a disaster, Europa trophy or not it was brutal under him.
There are two problems here, first the post that you quoted makes an unlikely assumption that a manager could stay +5 years which is an exceptional length in Football and you then use an hypothetical where a better option than Conte could be available this summer. That ideal man could easily not be ten Hag, he is used to manage a club that has twice the budget of the second wealthiest team in Eredivisie, he is not used to manage big profile players, he is on the older side of things at 52 and has never managed in a top league and he is used to work in a club that he is highly structured as a pure head coach.

I like the idea of ten Hag and I would gamble on him but people should realize that he is a huge gamble and one of the managers that come with the least certainties. He could be anything from the new best manager around to Bosz or De Boer.

yipthatman

Fecking sick to the back teeth of missing decent managers for nostalgia. This is on Ole for not stepping down and the board for not sacking him when he clearly isn't good enough. We all know it's only a matter of time until he goes. Mental FC

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If Man Utd fall out of the top 4 or even worse European football, I doubt any top or possible top manager is leaving a top 4 team in another league for the job.
A clubs got to fail to qualify for Europe for years on end before that really becomes a factor

The odd year here or there is quite rightly just seen as a blip

JustAGuest

Conte can get us challenging for the league right here, right now. What is this ridiculous notion he can't get us challenging?

He came in at Chelsea, tried the 4 at the back, failed, changed formation and WON the damn league in his first season.

Conte is ideal for s short-term squad like ours. Next summer there'll no Cavani, no Pogba, no Donny and a Ronaldo a year older and very pissed off Ronaldo.

This is the time to give Conte 18-30 months and wait for someone like Potter to prove their mettle for us to grab him after.
The league is much more competitive now than that season they won. Their drop to 5th in his second season is a big red flag for me.

Ralph1386

Fecking sick to the back teeth of missing decent managers for nostalgia. This is on Ole for not stepping down and the board for not sacking him when he clearly isn't good enough. We all know it's only a matter of time until he goes. Mental FC
Even rival fans can see it but they can't.

yipthatman

The league is much more competitive now than that season they won. Their drop to 5th in his second season is a big red flag for me.
You can't really think that we have more chance with Ole at the wheel though, can you?

spiriticon

Serious FOMO going on here.

It's Antonio Conte. He'll quit Spurs in disgust by the end of the season and we can go in for him then (if we really want to).

Hoof the ball

"Conte not the right fit."

A serial winner who has won in every job he's had. Every single one.

"He wouldn't win here."

He's won everywhere. Why would here be different? He knows how to win, and no, he's not more defensive than Ole.

Status
Not open for further replies.