Would you take Ralf Rangnick as manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecondFig

Yes, but as many have already said - ideally as a caretaker until the summer, then move him into DoF and bring in someone like Ten Haag

Flexdegea

His reputation isn't shit on the whole. The work he's done is recognized - as a club-builder mainly, as his managing (coaching) career has been only patchy, stop-start.
But his personality is obnoxious and his constant publicly putting himself in connection with all these big international jobs has been utterly embarrassing.
Don't mean to be insulting here, but his personality sounds like a classic German.

I like him, no messing around says it how it is, why I love going to Berlin, great place awesome raves

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I live in Germany. I'll never hear the end of it if a German gets us winning stuff again. :lol:
You live in Germany and hate Germany?

Think it's worth it if we finally start winning again.

dal

In all seriousness the board want a yes man. If they get someone who want to press and then drops Ronaldo it would be an internal nightmare.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He’s never going to take a interim job, silly comment to make.
If he's got the DoF role to step into afterwards, he absolutely would. Indeed I'm pretty sure that is what he would prefer rather than staying as just the manager.

I doubt he'd join for an interim job without being told there's at least a strong chance of the DoF role afterwards though. And seeing as it's highly unlikely the club would give him that role, I can't see this happening.

Josep Dowling

Poch has been available. Tuchel, Conte, Zidane. And are linked to a guy who’s in Russia as a Head of Sports development?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Poch has been available. Tuchel, Conte, Zidane. And are linked to a guy who’s in Russia as a Head of Sports development?
None of those names have proven to be able to build a club out of nothing (but money), Rangnick has. He could give United a strategy for the next decade, which none of them would do. But as mentioned before he would surely want the DoF position to do that, and that is highly unlikely under the current United leadership.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don't know who he is, but lets just say, yes. Will find out who he is after he is appointed

AndySmith1990

I would replace Solskjaer with anyone who isn't, nor has ever been, associated with the club.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hasenhüttl has constantly had his side striped down during the transfer windows, offer him the United job and he’d jump ship. I’m assuming the compensation fee would be in the region of 10m.

Rangnick seems like he is interested in moving going by the reports.

They both deploy a similar philosophy and would provide direction for our club. Hasenhüttl knows the league and has overachieved for a couple of seasons now.
I’ve said a couple of times on here I’d quite like Hassenhuttl, most recently after the Liverpool game. I was just wondering if we’d been linked or anything.

fergosaurus

We don't have the squad for geggenpressing so he doesn't sound like an ideal candidate for a stopgap manager.

atoml33

We don't have the squad for geggenpressing so he doesn't sound like an ideal candidate for a stopgap manager.
Bruno, Beek, McFred, Lingard, etc have the abilities to press bro, but they don't know how to press properly. United players need a coach to teach them how to play in a real tactical system. For the last 3 years, all of them are played freestyle football and we got points because of individual brilliance. Rangnick is a very experienced coach and if he agrees to join the club then sure he has the plan to do it. No worries.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
How about we fecking sack Ole first?
I think we could hire him and sneak him into the scene without Ole noticing. Ole could then slowly be moved further along the bench seating until he noticed something odd was happening.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I think we could hire him and sneak him into the scene without Ole noticing. Ole could then slowly be moved further along the bench seating until he noticed something odd was happening.
He'd be too busy messaging Gary on Whatsapp to buy him more time to notice. Brilliant plan.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
:lol:

I know you mean it as a joke, but seriously this scenario is impossible. Rangnick is an egomaniac, he would make it known to everyone that he is the boss now.

Status
Not open for further replies.