Would you take relegation if it meant the end of the Glazer’s ? Be honest

davidmichael

Simple question, would you ? I honestly think I would as it’d stop the slow painful decline we’ve been going through the past decade.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
No.

There's no guarantee you'd go straight back up. Look at Leeds and look at Newcastle before they got taken over. Bottom half feeder clubs.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I've said it before and it's a firm yes from me. What is the point in being in the PL if I can barely bring myself to be excited watching our team because there's literally no light at the end of the tunnel.

noelyman

100% I know there'd be the risk of having worse owners. But if you're dating a psycho, you don't stay with her because your next girlfriend might be worse.

TrueRed79

Yes. We are going nowhere under their ownership, and will never challenge for top honours under them.

diarm

Yes. Even if it took time to get back up.

I'd prefer to watch United as a proper football club in a lower league, than as a commercial vehicle to service debt and vulture owners in the Premier League.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Yep. I'd quite enjoy a season in the championship, we might actually win some games!

Chief123

Yes because we aren’t winning anything while they are owners.

Might as well take the short term pain for the long term gain.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
No bloody chance! United in the Championship? Come on, what kind of thread is this?

JB7

Some fantastic away days in the Championship. Take it in a heartbeat.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Get real.

I wouldn’t choose relegation either though.
It's this mindset that's holding us back.

We're not Man Utd of old anymore. No one fears us.

There's no guarantee's in football and coming straight back up and challenging for Europe again is not one of them. Relegation would almost certainly cripple the club.

IrishMcD

100%. It would also most likely mean the end of Maguire, Shaw, Rashford so losing parasites as owners and useless, soft players added bonus!
With new owners, the buzz around the club and in the stadium would be like the good old days. Fans wouldn’t feel guilty buying merchandise etc and genuinely think within two/three years we would be in a lot better place than we are now in terms of finances and players.
Obviously new owners, board members, officials, players while still in the top division would a little more to my liking but I think relegation ia the only way the Glazers finally F off.

C'est Moi Cantona

Yes in a heartbeat.

I'd be excited, the Glazers gone, the fun of the championship for a year, and the genuine chance at winning a trophy!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It's this mindset that's holding us back.

We're not Man Utd of old anymore. No one fears us.

There's no guarantee's in football and coming straight back up and challenging for Europe again is not one of them. Relegation would almost certainly cripple the club.
Why stop there mate. We’d be in the conference in no time.

We’d fly back up :lol:

tomaldinho1

Who is the new owner? They’d probably just have the same business model as the Glazers so no.

Al-T

Nor for me. I'm old enough to remember the last time it happened and it was horrible!

K Stand Knut

It’s a no-brainer!

Add in the bonus of losing a proportion of our shit fan base along the way and I’d bite your hands off!!

Both of them

avgp_1

A club like us in the Championship could have a torrid time especially with the uncertainty of
the owners hanging around our necks.

We'd have to spend quite a bit still once we go down. Every team will have their cup final and there is no hiding.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Yes, said as much earlier today.

It's been nine hapless years. Never, not even once, did I start the season thinking we could win the league. Fluke a cup? Maybe.

Last few seasons the expectation has been struggling for top four. We keep having false dawns and waiting for resets after each change at executive and management/coaching level but it's always more of the same shite.

Be done with it already. Play kids. Give us something to look forward to. Actually, the one thing that kept you engaged and looking forward to the future was he who shall not be named. Every time I think of that I go full Tim Howard.

There's realistically no such deal as "would you get relegated to change owners?" but I sure as feck would be daring and risk relegation over the slow boil of acting like we are a club with ambition when we are just mediocre and pathetic.

Last edited:

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Can't see how else the feckers are gonna go currently so yes.