Would you take relegation if it meant the end of the Glazer’s ? Be honest

BuzzKillington

If it’s a binary choice and the other option is us fading to mid table mediocrity and retaining the glazers as owners forever, then yes.

At the moment I honestly can’t see any other way in which we are rid of them. Fan protests will only go so far, at some point the Glazers will just stop engaging with the club entirely and just asset strip us even more brutally than they already are doing. As bad as it is, I think there’s still potential for it to get worse.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I would on the condition that the next set of owners were about ambition (not sportswashing and not some mega sugar daddy when all success rings hollow).

Abraxas

I think it would be a lot more disastrous than people make out. It doesn't just consist of some nice little away day jollys to Hull etc and then an immediate bounce back and we attack the PL again.

There would be wholesale change, an influx of weaker players, lower attendances, crippled commercial revenue. The very things that would make us less attractive to the owners would also make us more attainable by questionable buyers. It might not be this fairytale situation of an owner coming in with no intention to profit.

I don't think we'd languish in the Championship for long but it'd be a massive road back to Europe.

Rojofiam

"Not guaranteed to come back up"

What the hell are some people thinking? Any of the top 6 teams go down and they win the Championship by a record points tally and record margin, I can guarantee you that. Other historically big clubs going down and not making it back like Leeds and Newcastle aren't the same thing, at all.

The intensity, the tactical knowledge and discipline of both players and managers are on a different level in the PL compared to the Championship, bar a few teams that finish in the top places.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Yes. Rotten culture rampant at the club right from the top, with vultures for owners and outdated infrastructure, to the bottom with overpaid charlatans for players. If relegation is what's needed for a clean reboot then I'm all up for it.

Mind you it could potentially get better or even worse, after the relegation. However, I'll gladly be willing to gamble on that though. Especially when given the choice between that, or the slow and painful slide that we are on right now.

Can anyone honestly see it getting better with the Glazers? You can get lucky with your manager, transfers or a talented batch of academy kids coming through etc, but given the rampant incompetence at the club, it's really hard to see how it's going to change much.

Last edited:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
if it was the only way to get rid of them, then yes. otherwise, no.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Literally most of you seem happy to bite off your nose to spite your face. There’s no guarantee that Utd ever get to the top table of football again. We could easily lose most of our global appeal and commercial capabilities and before you know it be unable to sign anyone of note. Then there’s always the risk of financial ruin. I refuse to believe people can genuinely say yes to this.

Manny

Grammar Police
Yes. We can never reach our potential with these leeches as the owners.

Any time the clubs gets close to success, the Glazers hide the credit card. We seem to always be at least three first team players short and it's never rectified in the summer. The last 17 years has shown they don't care and they don't need us to be successful.

Zlatattack

So who got relegated, lost all thier players, built a new squad, found new owners and is now regularly competing for titles and the champions league?!

Any examples?

Ridiculous.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
If you guarantee me a smart (not strictly filthy wealthy) owner and CEO then yes.

But my perspective is tainted by the fact that I have seen us win everything and seen all there is at the top end of it all.

Castia

Depends on the next owners doesn’t it.

If it’s a multi billionaire looking to invest big money 100%. Knowing our luck we’ll end up with the Glazers#2

Avero

If we were guaranteed to get an amazing new owner yes
otherwise no, not quite yet

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Any true Utd fan should answer in the affirmative.

Utd are a special club to me and I grew up a Utd fan but I no longer consider myself a ‘fan’ and more just a football fan in general.

But I so desperately want to see the Glazers out of the PL… to be brutally honest, I’d want to see them out of the PL WHOEVER they ‘owned’, as their ‘ownership’ is immoral.

If they were at Liverpool or City or Chelsea I’d want them out of the PL.

I hope the one thing that comes out of the Glazers ruining Utd is that no other PL club is ever ‘bought’ in such a manner again.

Every football fan should feel the same, regardless of who they support.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
No.

There's no guarantee you'd go straight back up. Look at Leeds and look at Newcastle before they got taken over. Bottom half feeder clubs.
And? I'd rather see us linger in the championship than see us being bled dry by the parasites that are the Glazers, its ironic that some supporters call others plastic, or fake when they criticise the club, but I'd support United in any league, my support isn't tied to which league or how successful we are.

I want us to be free of the Glazers, and the only way that's possible is for us to be non viable to them.

It'll happen eventually anyway, when the stadium starts to crumble (even more) and the investment needed will be too much for them to justify whilst taking their dividends.

They may take more money out against us to pay for the investment, but the repayments will nullify their yearly takings.

Relegation would help speed that process up.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Yes. The Glazers are a cancer.

Fridge chutney

I wouldn't like being relegated but the Championship is actually a great league, so it would be a fun season!

I'd say yes, providing that the new owners were good.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
No way. What the feck is this thought ? Can't believe people are posting such BS.

For starters, how many players would stay after relegation? What guarantee do you have that we will come back the very next season ?

Seriously??

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Absolutely I would. Another 5 years of their ownership and we might well end up there anyway. Hahahaha

soapythecat

Imagine how much Sky and other providers would absolutely shit themselves if we were looking like relegation fodder.

Answer to the OP - yes I would. It would be painful but we will continue to drop down the league with £50m net spend every summer. Relegation is on the horizon if we aren’t careful.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I think 4-5 years without CL football is tantamount to financial relegation for most clubs. The club would see its commercial revenue atrophy to the point that I don’t think the Glazers would have any choice but to sell. We haven’t failed to qualify two seasons back to back since Fergie retired, it will happen this year, and there will be severe consequences. Adidas deal will reduce by 25m a season, and you are looking at 40m plus of lost CL revenue. Other deals will become harder. United will be looking at a hole of 75m plus in the Glazer business model, which is well publicised to account for CL quarters every year. Meanwhile infrastructure issues continue to mount and the price of competing will continue to increase.