Would you take relegation if it meant the end of the Glazer’s ? Be honest

m1tch

I'd prefer finishing 17th if it had the same effect (which it absolutely should).

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
We're getting closer and closer to this being a reality each day, except I don't think it would guarantee the Glazer's sell.

Ted Lasso

In an instant.

I've been lucky to have witnessed enough success for several lifetimes worth for many other clubs. I just want a functional one where the players give a damn and where there's a genuine attempt at doing what's best for the club. Upgrade the stadium, revamp the youth setup, sign promising young players instead of the "Disneyland" approach.

The soul of the club is gone. I'd give up a lot to have just that back.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Utterly mad. Of course not.
Absolutely no guarantee that is the worst things get, as Sunderland, Bolton and other ex established prem clubs have shown.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Yes 100% the club needs a complete rebuild and the championship is a fun exciting league.

The Wasters in our team would leave, glazers would feck off which is great. If the option is languishing around 8th -14th every year then its pointless we might aswell go down. City are dominating the prem for years to come so it's pointless for any team.

BootsyCollins

No doubt, yes!

I would stay years in the championship of it ment those leachers are gone. Its fun to win and compete for the highest honor, but i love this club anyway. So rather a healthy club that can prosper in the future than living under the chains of the glazers.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Absolutely.

We have to get rid of these leeches, even if it takes a couple of seasons to get back to the Premiership.
I'm a Manchester United fan, and supporter for many years, I would follow them in any English League.

GloryHunter07

No, the new owners might be just as bad and i will never cheer for United to lose a game.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Yes. But I would also take oil money to catapult us from our woes. I would take anything tbh if it meant our betterment.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Of course not. Don’t be stupid. Relegation isn’t some ride in the park, it has very serious ramifications for the club. Just look what extremes had to happen to take city to the top after they dropped and dropped into league 2. There is also no guarantee the Glazers would sell if we do go down.

Wing Attack Plan R

Of course not. Don’t be stupid. Relegation isn’t some ride in the park, it has very serious ramifications for the club. Just look what extremes had to happen to take city to the top after they dropped and dropped into league 2. There is also no guarantee the Glazers would sell if we do go down.
The original question, though, asks if you'd take relegation if it meant the Glazers were gone. You're right that we could be royally fecked down there, though.

Blood Mage

The financial ramifications could be disastrous. We'd need someone filthy rich to buy us just to avoid going bust most likely.

dove

No. There is a chance we could get someone even worse and then what, we are fecked forever. People celebrated when Ed left but now what, he was replaced by arguably even worse people, even though they were busy briefing the media during the summer in how they change and improve things blah blah blah.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
No. There is a chance we could get someone even worse
There is no chances of that because (a) Glazers are as bad as it gets other than Saudi Arabia and (b) there is nothing left to suck dry once we're relegated.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yes. And I'll point to Juventus after the Calciopoli scandal to show how quickly a big club can rise back to the top under right conditions. We'd lose most of our current lot but with an owner ready to invest the club's money in it, we could easily outspend most clubs. A proper structure established by a proper ownership would go a long way in a quick rise back to the upper echelons of the PL.

madzo2007

No. Half the team would leave. We are in enough financial mess as it is never mind being relegated

There is no guarantee would come straight back up either, its a tough competitive league and we would be such a scalp for all the other 23 teams.

The Dane

I would be willing to accept everything if we as fans could bring the Glazer’s in a situation where they had to sell the club at a discounted price or face losing everything. It would hurt me because I love United and I hope to live to see them regain the status as the best club in England, but I find it difficult to accept that the Glazer’s, who has no knowledge of and passion for football, but purely sees United as an investment, and have developed a business model where success on the field is not the highest priority, ends up having the last laugh.

Loony BoB

People around here saying "we'd never recover" like Manchester City didn't just randomly become non-stop champions after mingling with the Championship. Leicester City has done the ups and downs too. Elsewhere, you can look at Rangers, Juventus, Milan, Lazio. United would without a doubt recover from a season in the Championship. I'd take it on, but there would be conditions regarding any new ownership actually being heavy investors and not, you know, caught up in any human rights abuses or murders etc, and perhaps consider a 50+1 ruling on shares.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Absolutely. The only worrying thing is that 600m loan they will leave behind.

honirelandboy

Your all actually pathetic hoping for the club to be relegated for the Glazers to leave! Glory hunting fans is all you are. Jump off and start supporting or PSG or Chelsea there and hope some foreign billionaire takes us over with unlimited money,

Bobade

A thread where the majority of a clubs own supporters want their club to be relegated? Not one of the sanest threads on here I have to be honest.

Go down, Glazers out, either they don't sell, or they do sell to someone who could easily be worse. No guarantee of coming back up for years.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
If it’s a binary choice and the other option is us fading to mid table mediocrity and retaining the glazers as owners forever, then yes.

At the moment I honestly can’t see any other way in which we are rid of them. Fan protests will only go so far, at some point the Glazers will just stop engaging with the club entirely and just asset strip us even more brutally than they already are doing. As bad as it is, I think there’s still potential for it to get worse.
Sometimes a full on Purge is required. Utd are getting to that situation. Cannot see any other way the Glazers go. I also think the asset stripping will also get worse when that 5th CL spot opens up with the new requirements.

BuzzKillington

Sometimes a full on Purge is required. Utd are getting to that situation. Cannot see any other way the Glazers go. I also think the asset stripping will also get worse when that 5th CL spot opens up with the new requirements.
Its hard to see a route out for us at moment. This is undoubtedly the most despondent I’ve been as a United fan in nearly 40 years of actively supporting the club.

Art

Art the artist
No. Half the team would leave. We are in enough financial mess as it is never mind being relegated

There is no guarantee would come straight back up either, its a tough competitive league and we would be such a scalp for all the other 23 teams.
Half of these lot ? I'd fecking take that today.