Would you take relegation if it meant the end of the Glazer’s ? Be honest

Speako

We had to go down once before in order to build back up, and in hindsight it was the best thing we could have done. So, yes why not. What’s the other option? A slow mediocre mid table death with the Glazers for the next two decades? No thanks.

Ash86

No.

I think we, man utd supporters are also sort of "lost" in this madness a bit. Glazers have been awful owners, no doubt about that, which is why so many people are replying "yes". But lets be fair and honest, first of all it's extremely unlikely to happen. We were awful last year but still were the sixth, Arsenal was close to relegation but ended above us even.
So that is sort of unrealistic solution. And frankly it's been a case with United, unrealistic solutions, expectations, strategies. i actually think that a couple of years without CL might do the trick. Our finances and revenue streams already in the bad place to be honest, two more years without CL and i think United will lose ability to generate cash at a level to cover the interest and dividends and pressure to invest will grow. Glazers will look to sell then definitely.
That seems a better, yes longer, but a far more realistic way. And i will be up for that.

DickDastardly

Can i have a large portion of fries with that?

The feck are you lot on about.

We're literally 3 players away from being up there.
The manager is the best one we had in 10 years.
Give him 3 players he needs and we're turning this around like the scousers did 5 years ago.

Some of you really need a chill pill.

SouthernRedDev

Only if they promise that they will leave if we were relegated, theres ever chance they would plod along quite merrily growing fat and rich on Utd money if not.

::sonny::

No, you could get even worse one

But this total caos and never ending fall can encourage the sale

croadyman

Can i have a large portion of fries with that?

The feck are you lot on about.

The manager is the best one we had in 10 years.
Give him 3 players he needs and we're turning this around like the scousers did 5 years ago.

Some of you really need a chill pill.
He's not getting those 3 players, instead we are gonna end up getting buried by these leeches

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Only if it meant we get rid of the glazers and we get some sort of fan ownership or owners with deep pockets who dont leech off the club.

slored1

For sure. My local club at home (Olimpija Ljubljana) went bankrupt and into the fifth division, and back up. It was a long way there but paid off in the end.

In case of United, why not? Look at Parma, Juve, Fiorentina. All back to where they were.

sugar_kane

I just want to enjoy watching United and feel emotionally invested in the club, and look forward to our games.

It’s almost impossible to do that with these owners and this wretched squad.

If relegation allowed us to purge the above and start afresh I’d take it.

Couldn’t give a shite about superstars playing for us who are only here for the money, and I don’t feel a massive amount of emotional investment in the Champions League for example.

Ash86

Some could say we are 3 players away from being down there.

Anyway, i wonder what those players are? Because frankly apart from Bruno and maybe, just maybe, Sancho i just can not see any players in our squad that are top team starter material.

pauldyson1uk

WTF is this, just no, the won't sell because we will still make money.
I remember the last time, yes we came straight back up, but the league was totally different.
Relegation, can believe some actually want it :confused:

pogbasformerbarber

This thread is insane…we finished 2nd in the league 2 seasons ago. Relegation would make life 1000x harder and be absolutely no fun. The championship is a slog and we’d probably just win it going away in completely joyless fashion.

ScholesyTheWise

I don't trust whoever is going to hypothetically stay at United in such case (our 2nd string team... seeing as most ""stars"" would leave) to win the championship right after being relegated.

In theory they should, but in theory they shouldn't lose 0-4 to Brentford.

If we somehow manage to not go straight back up to the Prem, it'll be a disaster many here are downplaying / simply don't think of as plausible.

So no for me.

Superunknown

I can't honestly say yes to this. Relegation doesn't really solve anything and it doesn't actually mean the Glazers will go and/or that somebody better will come along. It could means years out of the top league and it would cause all sorts of problems. The quality of players that we could attract would change, the wages that we would be paying to the crop that go down with us would be an issue, there's sponsorships, televised games, and so on. We've had lots of talk about the prospect of having no Champions League football and the impact of that, to throw in no Premier League football on top of that is another big problem.

So, in short, relegation brings the certainty of lots of additional problems, without really solving any of our current issues. We don't want to be part of folklore as another one of those massive teams that went down, or the biggest team of all time to get relegated. It would take decades to recover from that stigma.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
This thread is insane…we finished 2nd in the league 2 seasons ago. Relegation would make life 1000x harder and be absolutely no fun. The championship is a slog and we’d probably just win it going away in completely joyless fashion.
How much joy are you currently experiencing? I think I'd rather watch us win in the Championship with new owners than getting trounced by Brentford and Brighton.

Eriku

Presuming we’re not talking some sort of the devil you know scenario, yes I’d take a stint in the Championship if it got rid of these fecking clueless leeches.

Eriku

I can't honestly say yes to this. Relegation doesn't really solve anything and it doesn't actually mean the Glazers will go and/or that somebody better will come along. It could means years out of the top league and it would cause all sorts of problems. The quality of players that we could attract would change, the wages that we would be paying to the crop that go down with us would be an issue, there's sponsorships, televised games, and so on. We've had lots of talk about the prospect of having no Champions League football and the impact of that, to throw in no Premier League football on top of that is another big problem.

So, in short, relegation brings the certainty of lots of additional problems, without really solving any of our current issues. We don't want to be part of folklore as another one of those massive teams that went down, or the biggest team of all time to get relegated. It would take decades to recover from that stigma.
The thread specifies that the conditions are we get relegated and that it causes them to sell up. It doesn’t say "would you take relegation if it meant a chance of the Glazers fecking off"

Superunknown

The thread specifies that the conditions are we get relegated and that it causes them to sell up. It doesn’t say "would you take relegation if it meant a chance of the Glazers fecking off"
My next part covered that where I said and/or that somebody better will come along. There's no guarantee that the next owners who come along will be better for United. Relegation provides additional obstacles, but it's not a magic pill that will instantly give us a better owners.

If the Glazers were to feck off, what's to stop them just selling us off for the first high offer that comes along? They're not going to give a shit that the next lot are 'football people' or have the best interests of the club at heart. They're just going to want money.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
One of the stupidest takes I've ever seen on here. Genuinely wonder who fans will blame when we struggle to get back up to the prem and theres no glazers.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, the Championship is a fun League to be honest anyway.

Maticmaker

No! No! No!.... being relegated wont get rid of the Glazers.

As long as they can still take their management fees and have the clubs profits service their debts, they will stay... they could run us literally into the ground... then sell off the OT site. Think what a return a prime site like that would make in the middle of a massive trading park and with its own freight-only railway line running right next to it and a canal system on the other side

Remember this is a business to them, nothing else.

How much could they realistically take out of the club until it became not worth their while?
What if they, that is, prior to selling off the OT site, they sold off/auctioned off the name franchise of Manchester United Football Club to another club, lets say within 30 mile radius, just suppose (as daft as it sounds) that Stockport County, Bolton Wanderers, even Preston North End put in bid for the name?

Of course this all sounds stupid and impossible... but is it? Its the stuff of nightmare's for all of us reds.

No, relegation has to be avoided at all cost, even if big Sam has to ride into town to save the day.

pogbasformerbarber

Why is this a dumb idea...because the scenario is absurd on two levels.

1. We aren't getting relegated
2. Even if we did get relegated, the Glazers would never sell low. They would...FOR SURE...wait until promotion to sell, if they were even so inclined to at that point. So the relegation is moot. Its not a motivation for any owner to sell...it actually usually demotivates if it's a larger team that could rebound quickly. Better to hold on to the asset and sell it once its promoted.

So the idea is pure fantasy...without even the logic behind the motivation.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Yes. I haven’t enjoyed watching united for over 12 years and we’ve been in epl UCL etc I’d rather support them in a lesser league as long as there are people at the club worth rooting for on and off the pitch.

pogbasformerbarber

How much joy are you currently experiencing? I think I'd rather watch us win in the Championship with new owners than getting trounced by Brentford and Brighton.
I'm not as freaked as many on here, so the panic is a little much. We had one relatively poor game and one really bad game (that was partly spurred by stunningly bad goalie play early). We beat Liverpool and we're one point up on them. Should they hope for relegation?

We have a new manager, with a new system, and new players (for him). I dont know...maybe just wait a few months before hoping we are playing the freakin Championship instead?

Long Time Red

It's a really saddening reading some of the posts on here.

I genuinely couldn't care less about winning trophies while being owned by this vile, despicable family.

I'd much rather watch us fight for promotion in the Championship if it meant we had an owner like Ratcliffe who doesn't take money out the club.

Andy_Cole

Only if it guarantees them gone. But a worse scenario is getting relegated and keeping them as owners.