• Yes

Votes: 515 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 904 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAGuest

Timing feels a little bit wrong when he's underperforming both in Europe and in the league with them this season. I suppose he has done well relative to their resources over the past few seasons - although isn't their squad considered to be quite good?

Droid_Repairs

Caught Offside is garbage. Bunch of kids who literally make stuff up.
Ahh okay, unfortunately they're the source for all three of those articles so we're probably none the wiser.

I could see it happening. He's a good manager, I don't know how the fans would take it. I doubt the Liverpool lot would care.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Nope. People are using the fact Ole isnt an elite manager as one of the reasons we should sack him, Rogers is clearly a much better manager but he isnt one of those elite managers that people are crying out for.
Nowhere near good enough and no former Liverpool manager should ever be considered.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Going for Rogers is wrong on so many levels. Yes, he's a good coach. But is he an elite coach?

Are the likes of Ronaldo and Varane gonna look at him and think: 'Yeah, we may have won multiple champions leagues but Brentan is gonna teach us how to win'?

That's before even considering his Liverpool past.

Given how stupid it would be it's basically nailed on. That's how the Glazers run stuff isn't it?

Dominos

I just can't get over that he had 4 seasons at Liverpool and 3 of them were poor (sacked halfway through 4th season) and he's being touted for the United job.

How about we just appoint managers who's achievements actually warrant one of the biggest jobs in football? And if they don't work out, appoint another until you find the right one. Why we'd resort to scrambling around for midtable overachievers and big club failures I've no idea. And I actually think he's a good coach, but come on..

matt10000

I just can't get over that he had 4 seasons at Liverpool and 3 of them were poor (sacked halfway through 4th season) and he's being touted for the United job.

How about we just appoint managers who's achievements actually warrant one of the biggest jobs in football? And if they don't work out, appoint another until you find the right one. Why we'd resort to scrambling around for midtable overachievers and big club failures I've no idea. And I actually think he's a good coach, but come on..
Wouldn’t be my first choice but to be fair he ia a lot more experienced now than he was then.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Brendan strikes me as the kind of person who will only talk to you via a small mirror he's holding in his hand.

Last edited:

Scholsey2004

In fairness to him the guy is still just 48. He went to Liverpool before he was 40. The fact that his CV was good enough to even get him there at that age is pretty impressive. The guy seems to have been around forever. Massive experience at good levels for his age.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Part of me wonders whether we’re waiting for Leicester to sack him so we don’t have to pay them anything.

Scholsey2004

Caughtoffside, which isnt a credible source, seems to be the source of all these rumours. I wouldnt dismiss Rodgers personally. For a still young manager he's got huge experience. Came through academy here as well i believe.

Kaos

Part of me wonders whether we’re waiting for Leicester to sack him so we don’t have to pay them anything.
Then we'll be waiting a while, his jobs no where near at risk there atm IMO.

If anything we're probably waiting for PSG to sack Poch.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Then we'll be waiting a while, his jobs no where near at risk there atm IMO.

If anything we're probably waiting for PSG to sack Poch.
Which is mental, because if we wanted either of them badly enough I think we could get them right now.

Kaos

Which is mental, because if we wanted either of them badly enough I think we could get them right now.
Rodgers yes, since I believe he has a release clause. Poch on the other hand might be more hesitant, he's on track to grab his first league title in his managerial career. I don't see him throwing that away to manage our shitshow midseason.

Kaos

The trouble Rodgers would have, is unlike Ole, he's not going to enjoy the patience and adoration of the matchgoing fans, especially as an ex-Scouser. If or when things go awry, it won't be long before OT starts hounding out "You scouse bastard" in full voice. He's really got to hit the ground running.

TJ Reid

Supports
Arsenal
Apparently, the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing whilst expecting a different outcome.

For me it’s not the manager but the players - go ahead, sack OGS - tell me why that will change things

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The closest comparison to what I can think of us appointing Rogers would be is Benitez at Chelsea.

You just knew short of a trebble, the Chelsea fans would never like him, let alone love him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Simon Stone in his latest piece on the BBC, says that Leicester's dip in form has been noted. (I presume that means by the hierachy).

He also mentions Pochettino and Erik ten Hag as the other two candidates who fit the profile of head coach United are looking for but won't be available until the end of the season at the very least.

Wayne's World

Simon Stone in his latest piece on the BBC, says that Leicester's dip in form has been noted. (I presume that means by the hierachy).

He also mentions Pochettino and Erik ten Hag as the other two candidates who fit the profile of head coach United are looking for but won't be available until the end of the season at the very least.
Only noticed this in the article now, we aren't going for him I can safely say that. Sounds like a brief that we aren't interested in him despite reports

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

I remember them playing really good football in at least one of the seasons. There was no expectation of Liverpool at that point, like there is now. Look at the team they had when Klopp took over and you'll see that they weren't anywhere near what they are now in terms of playing staff.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Only noticed this in the article now, we aren't going for him I can safely say that. Sounds like a brief that we aren't interested in him despite reports
Stone also mentioned a section of the United fans not welcoming Rodgers due to his association with Liverpool. It does seem like they're maybe distancing themselves from Rodgers.

Dominos

I remember them playing really good football in at least one of the seasons. There was no expectation of Liverpool at that point, like there is now. Look at the team they had when Klopp took over and you'll see that they weren't anywhere near what they are now in terms of playing staff.
The season they finished 2nd, sure. But that's the point, 1 good showing out of 4 is not a great return.

If he'd estabished them as a top 4 side, maybe reached the CL knockouts, I'd rate the job he did a lot higher. I don't think failing to win the league should be held against him, but the overall body of work isn't that strong.

In fairness, he's never had a squad as good as we have now or this much money, and he's likely a better manager now than he was then, so it wouldn't be a complete surprise if he did a good job here. But if the board believes him to be the stand out candidate in world football, that is very bizarre.

Levi1

No don't want him!!!! I actually cannot believe the board has fallen for his transparent self-promotion ("I've been offered the City job in 2023, you'll have to convince me not to take it").

Brendan Fn Rodgers. Somebody should take the board aside and explain that you "hire" a horse; whereas a manager needs to be "selected". And that managers are like magicians: you need one who wears a hat. And that hiring Brendan Rodgers as our manager would be like trying to fly a horse while its being built. Oh God. Brendan. Rodgers.

I suppose now that i think of it, he's actually a bit like Ole so I can see it happening. Only difference is he's better at his own PR.

Winrar

I would take him as a short term appointment to steady the ship before a better manager comes about.

Of course, knowing the board he'll be given a 4 year contract as soon as we start to turn things around so... I have no clue. I just know he's better than Ole, however low of a bar that is.

Amir

Apparently, the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing whilst expecting a different outcome.

For me it’s not the manager but the players - go ahead, sack OGS - tell me why that will change things
Who brought those players and keeps on playing them?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Ah yeah, serial losers like Ronaldo and Varane right?

This is the problem when you employ a manager like Solskjaer. It happened with Chelsea and Lampard too. The players get thrown under the bus and dragged through the mud when in reality, their manager is fecking inept and shouldn't even be in this league let alone a top club.

Zapata

I think he would do better than ole and even moyes who some people are comparing him to, mainly because I think he would have a really strong squad that if given the right coaching can and should be a side to compete with the best.

BlueHaze

If we end up with him we might as well disband the club. An absolute comedy show it would be.

Caesar2290

Look like it's Ten Hag boys. Ole is simply going to get the LVG treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.